The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+30
JAS
oldparwin
Slowride
hend085
princedracula
goldwolf
pedro
Skydriver
Lairdy
Bob_the_Job
raycastleunited
Hibbz
barragan
incontinentia
dynamark
Plunky
Doon the Water
lorus59
SmithersJones
Shotrock
McLaren
kwinigolfer
4putt
Fader
navyblueshorts
Tiler76
1GrumpyGolfer
Diggers
super_realist
mystiroakey
34 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Fri 13 Jul - 11:47

First topic message reminder :

Btw Fader 25 is fine anyway- your in the healthy scale so either way its no dramas at all mate!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 20 Jul - 16:58

It's happened a lot in the UK and also frequently in Finland too Mac. Not just an American thing.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 20 Jul - 17:02

Unfortunately true I fear Mac. I'm not sure the Founding Fathers had this sort of thing in mind with their 'right to bear arms' etc.

S_R

Except Fowler has won hasn't he? I don't think his swing is that shaky either; different yes but pretty solid. He may well turn out to be swayed by money/fame but I'm not sure he gives that impression, he just dresses badly!
Poulter has a lot going for him (except his dress sense!) but he was never the player he thinks he is in his own mind. Maximised his ability though and fair dos for doing so.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 17:05

id say fowler has the edge on ball striking but poults is clearly nolt just the king of golf style, but also a great short gameist and the king of team golf. I hope he gets an oylimpic spot in 2016 and he has union jack highlighted hair Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 2 732107

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Fri 20 Jul - 17:07

mystiroakey wrote:the look is just laughable- but i like it at the same time. It is a bit embarrasing that he thinks he looks decent. Poults has good style. Fowler needs to take abit of advice off the king of golf fashion

The very fact there is a "king of golf fashion" kinda makes mockery of golf as a serious sport.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 20 Jul - 17:07

super_realist wrote:It's happened a lot in the UK and also frequently in Finland too Mac. Not just an American thing.
Except we've done the obvious and banned handguns etc. I wouldn't have said even before that, that we've had "frequent" (or mass killings) incidents would you? I suppose we've had Dunblane, Hungerford and Cumbria but that spans 25 years and you can't now own automatic weapons or handguns and you need a pretty good reason to own any other sort of firearm.
In the U.S. it would seem all you need is the I.Q. of an amoeba and you can get pretty much any firearm. I don't know why they're surprised that this sort of thing occurs.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 20 Jul - 17:11

Navy Poulter has won something like 13 times more than Fowler. plus poulter isn't a bible thumper, so I know who I'd rather have a pint with.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 17:16

lorus59 wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:the look is just laughable- but i like it at the same time. It is a bit embarrasing that he thinks he looks decent. Poults has good style. Fowler needs to take abit of advice off the king of golf fashion

The very fact there is a "king of golf fashion" kinda makes mockery of golf as a serious sport.

you what

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 20 Jul - 17:16

I certainly wouldn't want a pint with Poulter and TBH, I've not heard Fowler preaching his beliefs. I certainly don't share them but I actually think Fowler is likely to be far more interesting.
As for the wins, it's hardly a fair comparison is it? How many years have they each been playing on a major Tour? I said Poulter has done extremely well. Let's revisit this in 10-20 years and see who has the best career record then eh? Smile
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 17:18

Poults would be a great laff on a night out. I bet you wouldnt turn down a pint of him NBS, thats a bit harsh mate

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 20 Jul - 17:21

Why would you want a pint with Poultry. We all know a lot about him already , all we'd get is a lot more talking about himself from the horses mouth.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 17:25

nah he would be good for a laugh Diggs, I reakon you would have some great banter with him

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 20 Jul - 17:25

Have you not seen that cringeworthy 'golf boys' video on YouTube?

It's fair comment to say that fowler in that was a complete nobber. No reason to think he's any different in real life. Plus would you like to walk into a pub with some one who looked a cross between Tim Westwood and a guantanamo bay escapee. I think you'd get laughed out of the place.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 20 Jul - 17:29

mystiroakey wrote:Poults would be a great laff on a night out. I bet you wouldnt turn down a pint of him NBS, thats a bit harsh mate
If he asked me for a pint, I'd happily take him up on the offer. It would be intriguing in some ways to see if he's the same show pony when there's no cameras around. I actually think he's done extremely well and clearly has a plan for what happens after his playing days at the top are over. That said, I find his "look at me" sort of approach a bit nauseating but I concede he might actually be quite a nice guy on a one-to-one. Still, what else do we have to go on other than the persona we see in public?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 17:30

Gonna be honest id love a night out with both of em- good times and great laughs- Id get fowler drunk and watch him pranceing about thinking he is mr big shot with his moustache- most of the ladies would think he was a peodo- Garranteed laughter that

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 20 Jul - 17:31

super_realist wrote:Have you not seen that cringeworthy 'golf boys' video on YouTube?

It's fair comment to say that fowler in that was a complete nobber. No reason to think he's any different in real life. Plus would you like to walk into a pub with some one who looked a cross between Tim Westwood and a guantanamo bay escapee. I think you'd get laughed out of the place.
Do you think he wears his golf gear on a night out???? I have seen that video and it is a bit cringeworthy. No worse than on the Cringe-o-Meter scale than a typical Poulter outfit though.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 20 Jul - 17:31

By all accounts he's brilliant with the time he spends with kids at woburn.

He's a big head yeah, but compared to the likes of Cole and terry he's a virtual stephen fry of modesty .

I wouldn't put it past fowler to wear his ghastly gear out, especially as he's American and they aren't known for sartorial elegance.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 17:40

Cracking shot by poults out that sand just now. Nice outfit today as well. I love the way he coordinates his shoes.. He allways looks good. Good trait to have that. Not sure how people find it cringeworthy. He is never ott like daly or folwer. Just wears nice coordinated colours

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 17:41

woods is in black and grey - ermmm, if it gets any more overcast we wont be able to pick him out- which would actually be a good thing- had enough off watching him scratching his ass every two minutes

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 20 Jul - 17:46

Happily go for a pint with Fowler and Poulter throw some shapes. Though mine would be a pint of something soft as I don't drink.

Also I'd fancy my pulling chances with Poults dress sense and Rickies tache my chances would surely be higher than their's

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Fri 20 Jul - 17:49

Am I allowed to punch him if I go for a pint with him ?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 20 Jul - 17:49

Let's be honest, no one looks good in golf gear, and its always made from nasty man made fibres. It's based on old man's fashion no matter who you are. Horrid stuff, god knows why the spectators wear it too, and the shoes are terrible too.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 17:50

You could allways if you want... But dont do it just before the ryder cup! he is mr team europe. We need to keep him healthy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 17:51

SR nah its a great look if its done well

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 17:52

Btw hot birds in golf stuff- love it!! cant get enough

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 20 Jul - 17:54

Paul lawrie looking pretty bad today, a man with no class or style.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 20 Jul - 17:55

Hot birds on the golf course are as rare as rocking horse scheisse.

Telling a girl you are a golfer is a sure way not to get a shag on a night out. To women, there is very little less exciting than the game, pity as getting an object into a hole can be fun.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 17:56

Paul lawie just doesnt care does he.

I like scotts elbow pads- nice look that

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 17:58

SR i think its abit different down here mate- its not as uncool as it used to be! btw i had two hot juniors at my club when i was one! great girls- one turned pro

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 20 Jul - 17:58

Super

How the feck would you know what works when trying to pull?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 20 Jul - 18:43

I like Adam Scotts style, problem is aquascutum who clothe him only sell chav type clothes in the UK finding the gear Scott wears is only online for a higher price.

As for golf and pulling SR's right, when if women find out on a night out you play golf they assume your an impotent old boy in a young mans body. They find out you do MMA or something current and hip and they are very raring to go...

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 20:04

Haha fader- thing is its not something that normally comes up is it(golf).. and if it does surely its way into a convo or in the sack the next morning!

and in my experiencve they may rib you mildly but it isnt gonna ever put them off!!

basically moral is dont go up to a girl and say- i shot a 72 today

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 20:05

Strange theres a football game on at the mo.

Brazil v GB. Brazil are 1-0 up -0 stuart pearce looks brain dead

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 20 Jul - 20:10

Mysti if talking about golf in the sack with a lady comes up it must've been one crap shag! Unless your trying to get her to leave then that'd be a decent ploy or if your practising your night putting so to speak!

Brain dead is Pearce's usual look!

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 20:18

Good way of thininking fader- reminds of that film falure to launch

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri 20 Jul - 20:21

Jings you young guys talking about burds and golf, have you even given even the tiniest bit of consideration that the burd just might be a golfer.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Fri 20 Jul - 20:25

Ahem failure to launch! That's a chick flick but I'm going to hang my head in shame and thought it was decent and can relate to his ploys now that I'm single I'm just enjoying what comes along.

Doon nope no way never consider it, simply because the ladies in my area of my age group and under simply aren't golfers. I can't happen to thinl of a club I've visited in my local area where any lady golfer has been under the age of about 50. Very stereotypical I know but just happens to be the case.

Plus let's be honest apart us golfers people outside of the sport just don't think its cool.

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by Plunky Fri 20 Jul - 20:35

Or, have you even given the tiniest bit of consideration that it's not the golf that's putting them off ? Whistle

Plunky

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Fri 20 Jul - 21:36

There are some cracking looking girls playing in Scotland.
I see Eve Muirhead was working on the Scottish Open. She is Captain of the Scottish Curling team and a golf International as well. Quite a looker as well.

Wonder how that affects her amateur status if she is accepting a BBC cheque.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 20 Jul - 21:45

yeah fit golf birds are fit

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 21 Jul - 20:39

Ell mash and liquor or chips cheese and gravy?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 24 Jul - 12:36

Excellent! Rebekah Brooks charged in relation to phone hacking. If she gets convicted I'll be very happy.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 24 Jul - 13:13

She should be jailed for being a ginge anyway Navy.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 24 Jul - 13:31

To answer mysti. Mash and Liquor.

So don't you just love the weather. Sat on a bench outside having my Greek salad reading a copy of golf monthly, rather attractive young lady I’ve somehow never noticed at work before, idles up and asks to sit opposite. Naturally obliging I move my junk except my GM out of the way. Conversation starts by her enquiring what I’m reading, low and behold she is not aghast at me reading about golf which most people usually are. Instead we have a chat about what a nice place a golf course would be in this weather followed by a cold drink after in a beer garden.

Ended finding out the lovely Amy's name and off to a beer garden after work, may have to put my eclectic round on hold...

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 24 Jul - 13:32

Hot date for Fader, good work.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 24 Jul - 13:33

Ha ha, you serious !

What did i tell ya- golf isnt a big deal to birds..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 24 Jul - 13:34

Now fader - you said you didnt drink?

maybe one or two to let the covesation flow better?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 24 Jul - 13:38

PUMPED!!!

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Tue 24 Jul - 13:40

And then Fader fell out of bed.
Missing out the golf though no dedication

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by Fader Tue 24 Jul - 13:49

I don't drink. Doesn't mean I can't goto a pub though. The lady can have a drink, Though maybe I should question my dedication to golf on this or just sod it and go to the pub.

Hang what about taking her to the club a quick back 9! then drink..

edit: mysti deadly serious, I think she must have lost her glasses..

Fader

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 24 Jul - 13:53

Dont be silly mate!!

get a quick whisky down your neck you will soon feel invincible!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next