The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character

+19
superflyweight
Roller_Coaster
barragan
seanmichaels
Kenny
Shot 21 LCFC
guildfordbat
Bull
Marky
MIG
ChequeredJersey
Adam D
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Galted
Rowley
The Womble
Mind the windows Tino.
Dolphin Ziggler
23 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Favourite Non Human Character

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap10%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 12 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap7%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 9 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap8%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 10 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 7 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 119

Poll closed

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 16 Jul 2013, 1:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Another hotly contested round has ended, as has Azzy's faith in his fellow man as Only Fools and Horses wins the best TV Programme of the 1980s. 

There were points for Mr T and Arnold Rimmer, Homer Simpson and Baldrick too, and Hero's pick of Bullseye has done enough to keep him with a little cushion in first place overall.

The results were as follows, the ones not given were all decided by our panel as score draws.

Marky – Only Fools and Horses - 12
Kenny – The A Team - 10
onlytreblewinners – Red Dwarf - 10
Adam D – The Simpsons - 7
ChequeredJersey – Blackadder Goes Forth - 6 
NickisBHAFC – Auf Wiedersen Pet - 5
Rowley – Boys from the Black Stuff - 4
Hulking Up – Quantum Leap - 4
Nakatomi Plaza – Knight Rider - 2
Hero – Bullseye - 2

This week you will be voting for your Favourite Non Human Character. Doctor Who and Gromit are two I have banned from this round, much to the chagrin of all involved (or the two people that picked them). As ever, remember you are voting for your TWO favourities. Tino got a weird pick because, well, you'll work it out.

Next round we move onto a round that will no doubt cause controversy. Round Six will be "Guilty Pleasure". Awkward isnt it? I want something that you are either embarrassed to watch, or at least you dont bring it up in conversation. I will do some judging on this, I want no "Well, it is a bit embarrassing watch Game of Thrones cos its old n that". You arent embarrassed, you are trying to win, and for that Tino hates you. 

Bear in mind that those voting will be looking for the same criteria, you want to pick something interesting but also a bit odd/frowned upon. If you are content watching TOWIE, Made in Chelsea, Britain's Got "Talent" or Rugby League then you may be an idiot but you could well win this round. TNA will be accepted but rightly booed out of the building.

Note: Rugby League will not be accepted as people are apparently proud of themselves for watching this nonsense. 

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Tue 16 Jul 2013, 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Jul 2013, 12:29 pm

Rowley wrote:What is all this reference to hi tech? Buy yourself some better footwear people.

Wingrove's chosen footwear for assassination I believe.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character - Page 5 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Five: Best Non Human Character

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 17 Jul 2013, 12:30 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:
Union Cane wrote:I have a bird-box in my garden which is currently home to a flock of bees.

A flock?

Yes, a flock. I know that the correct collective noun is swarm, but that conjures images of Michael Caine and killer bees wreaking havoc and destruction, whereas mine are quietly going about their business and not doing any harm to anyone. So yes, flock.

So basically, you got it wrong and are frantically trying to back track to get yourself out of it?

It is not nice when people correct you all the time.  Is it Union?

I'll defend Union here. I'm sure he knew what he was saying, and probably looking for a bite. Although the highlighted sentence did make me think that Caine was acting with the bees, smashing windows and snapping car ariels off while the bees were stinging everyone up.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Jul 2013, 12:36 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:
Union Cane wrote:I have a bird-box in my garden which is currently home to a flock of bees.

A flock?

Yes, a flock. I know that the correct collective noun is swarm, but that conjures images of Michael Caine and killer bees wreaking havoc and destruction, whereas mine are quietly going about their business and not doing any harm to anyone. So yes, flock.

So basically, you got it wrong and are frantically trying to back track to get yourself out of it?

It is not nice when people correct you all the time.  Is it Union?

I'll defend Union here. I'm sure he knew what he was saying, and probably looking for a bite. Although the highlighted sentence did make me think that Caine was acting with the bees, smashing windows and snapping car ariels off while the bees were stinging everyone up.

You were only supposed to sting the bloody postman

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:09 pm

Swarm contains the best line Caine ever delivered in a film. "I never thought it would be the bees. They've always been our friends."

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Jul 2013, 1:12 pm

Remember seeing a quote from Caine about either Swarm or Jaws the Revenge when someone asked him if he had seen the film since he made them, he said no but he saw the swimming pool they had paid for every day and that was lovely.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Jul 2013, 2:53 pm

I haven't seen the film but I've heard it is terrible. I've seen the house it built and that is fantastic.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 2:55 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I haven't seen the film but I've heard it is terrible. I've seen the house it built and that is fantastic.

I suppose you slept with one of Caine's daughters as well?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 17 Jul 2013, 2:57 pm

Eh?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 2:58 pm

Union Cane wrote:Eh?

Caine. Not Cane.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 17 Jul 2013, 2:59 pm

Oh.

Carry on then.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:01 pm

Union Cane wrote:Oh.

Carry on then.

Although I know you have a couple of daughters though, Union.

I would keep them away from michaels if I were you, he seems to be irresistible to females.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:03 pm

Carry on then.

I would keep them away from michaels if I were you, he seems to be irresistible to females.

So is Jay from the inbetweeners if you listen to him, just an observation.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:07 pm

Carry on then.

Cassidy and Clarkson's au pair aren't exactly lookers or celebrities.

Anyway, I hung up my johnson a long time ago. These days I'd prefer to be sat on a cricket roller with a 4 pack or defending my lavender bush from arthropods.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:08 pm

Rowley wrote:

Carry on then.

Michaels reckons he looks like the New Zealand spinner, Daniel Vettori. I think Jay or Catweazle is much closer to the truth.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:11 pm

Rowley wrote:

Carry on then.

Such a cynic Jeff.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:16 pm

Rowley wrote:

Carry on then.

Michaels reckons he looks like the New Zealand spinner, Daniel Vettori.  I think Jay or Catweazle is much closer to the truth.

Hard couple of years Tina. Jurgen Kloppf seems to be the go to nickname these days.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:16 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Hard couple of years Tina. Jurgen Kloppf seems to be the go to nickname these days.

I have no idea who that is?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:17 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Anyway, I hung up my johnson a long time ago.

He had quite an innings by the sound of it, standing in for Sonia Jackson's trumpet and what have you.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:22 pm

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Anyway, I hung up my johnson a long time ago.

He had quite an innings by the sound of it, standing in for Sonia Jackson's trumpet and what have you.

Cassidy didn't get access to the Hampton. I bottled it and went back with my mates intead.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:23 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

I have no idea who that is?

borussia dortmund manager

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:24 pm

I just googled Jurgen Klopp.

He looks like a tramp who has stolen a shell-suit off a scouser.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:25 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I just googled Jurgen Klopp.

tramp is what i'm called at cricket.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:27 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I bottled it and went back with my mates intead.

You now sound like a Sausage Nigel.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:29 pm

sausage nigel?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:34 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I just googled Jurgen Klopp.

tramp is what i'm called at cricket.

It's better than looking like a scouser who stole a shell-suit off a tramp though.

edit: is it? That might not be right.

Anyway:

michaels tattoo:

Last edited by Il Gialloblu on Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:36 pm

Have got a consultation for a tattoo on Friday, not particularly relevant but like to share with the group. I find it cathartic.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:38 pm

Rowley wrote:Have got a consultation for a tattoo on Friday, not particularly relevant but like to share with the group. I find it cathartic.

You're 40 years old man. They look ridiculous on teenagers, let alone a grownup.

What is the world coming to.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:41 pm

I'm a youthful 40 though Tina

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:41 pm

You'll be buying an MX-5 next...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:42 pm

You just want to join Dave in the mosh pit of a SLAYER gig, right?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:43 pm

Can't afford one Union. Am thinking of getting another scooter though. Is this a mid life crisis? If so guess I should be grateful I am too fat and ugly to have an affair.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:44 pm

What sort of consultation? Don't you just decide what you want then get it done?

Out of interest Jeff, would it be your first? I'm 32 and have none and am of the opinion that since I haven't by now, I probably never will. Note, probably.

I quite like being a blank canvas. It must be almost rarer than having a tattoo these days.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:46 pm

Is a cover up for a drunken one, one of my mates is a tattoo artist so going to see what sort of thing is viable and what I like

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:48 pm

Rowley wrote:Can't afford one Union. Am thinking of getting another scooter though. Is this a mid life crisis? If so guess I should be grateful I am too fat and ugly to have an affair.

If you're fat and ugly, how is a tattoo going to improve things?

You should rely on your charm, wit and intelligence to impress people.

On second thoughts, good luck for Friday.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Jul 2013, 3:53 pm

Am hoping it will become a conversation piece Tina.

Passer By - That looks like it hurt

Me - Yes it did.

The hours have the potential to fly by.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:01 pm

Rowley wrote:Is a cover up for a drunken one, one of my mates is a tattoo artist so going to see what sort of thing is viable and what I like

Fair enough.

Rowley wrote:Am hoping it will become a conversation piece Tina.

Passer By - That looks like it hurt

Me - Yes it did.

The hours have the potential to fly by.

It's going to be in a place that a passer by would see it?
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:06 pm

Rotherham.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:14 pm

I'm 35 and don't have a tattoo.

C'mon tina, lets keep the coincidence streak going!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:17 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'm 35 and don't have a tattoo.  

It really is rather freaky but....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:19 pm

I'm starting to think that I might be an alias of you, Tina.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:20 pm

I'm starting to think that I might be an alias of you, super.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm

You're not tina. Superfly is considerably more likeable than you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:21 pm

I am 35 and have a tattoo of the littlest hobo.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:23 pm

Adam D wrote:

I am 35 and have a tattoo of the littlest hobo.

I think they mean years old, Adam, not stone.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:23 pm

Rowley wrote:You're not tina. Superfly is considerably more likeable than you.

winchester is considerably more likeable than you, I still wouldn't put it past him being your alias.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:25 pm

You could cut the sexual tension here with a knife
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:25 pm

music  Maybe tomorrow... music , Union.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:26 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:You could cut the sexual tension here with a knife

You think?

Rowley is soooooo last year.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:26 pm

Rowley wrote:I'm a youthful 40 though Tina

Bleeding mid-life crisis, me thinks. Why not buy a porsche like any self respecting man

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 17 Jul 2013, 4:27 pm

You're the second person in two days to accuse me of being an alias of Winchester. If this continues even I will start to have doubts.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next