The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History

+19
Hulking_up
Trebs
Adam D
compelling and rich
LondonTiger
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
superflyweight
Galted
JuliusHMarx
ChequeredJersey
Il Gialloblu
kingjohn7
Bull
bhb001
The Womble
Kenny
Dr Gregory House MD
Dolphin Ziggler
23 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Best Fictional Moment in TV History

The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap18%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 15 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 9 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 11 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 11 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 8 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 84

Poll closed

The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 13 Aug 2013, 2:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, this is it, we have made it to the end. A long and arduous journey comes to its close as we pick the best fictional moment in TV history. 

Eastenders is well represented and many, many of you have proven that this forum is your internet home as at least five of you made the "moon landings" joke! The Breaking Bad choice is spoiler boxed below for those who are catching up (it was submitted a week ago so will have nothing from the latest episode).

Please select two choices (and avoid the ones that are questionably fictional if you believe them to have happened!)

The results from last week are as follows:

Father Ted/Sir Johnny English - 12
Fawlty Towers/Bhb001 - 12
The Office/Adam D - 8
Blackadder/Julius - 7
Only Fools and Horses/Onlytreblewinners - 7
Phoenix Nights/Superflyweight - 5
Porridge/Rowley - 4
I'm Alan Partridge/Tino - 3
IT Crowd/Hero - 2
Red Dwarf/Hulking Up - 1

That Leaves us with a scoreboard full of drama and tension. The perennial number 2 Whistle Adam goes into the final round on top of the pile, one of four men who can win it.

Adam D - 50
Hero - 49
Marky – 48
Tino – 38
Nakatomi Plaza – 36
Chequered Jersey - 34
Kenny – 30
OnlyTrebleWinners 29
Dolphin Ziggler 27
Bull - 27
VDT – 23
Julius H Marx - 23
Rowley - 22
B3rragan – 21
Sir Johnny English – 21
BHB001 – 20
Superflyweight 16
CJB – 14
Compelling and Rich - 12
NickisBHAFC - 10
Hulking Up - 9
SeanMichaels 6
xViperx - 5

THE BREAKING BAD SPOILER:

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:42 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:...you appear to have left Galted off the list all together?
I'm missing too, admittedly I didn't get any points but 0 is still a score.
I know Union.  It was cheap dig at Galted.  I could just have easily used your name but you're a sensitive soul and I don't like to upset you.
Union could also ban you tina. Better choose someone who does not have that option.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 3 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:44 pm

Rowley wrote:
Couple of observations.  I have more than doubled Jeff's score which is rather pleasing
You went for shamelessly populist picks tina, successful but surely a bit of you died every time you did it. Myself on the other hand picked some truly magnificent shows despite knowing the philistines on here would not vote for them such as boys from the blackstuff. A pyrrhic victory if ever there was.
Marvelous use of the word 'pyrrhic', Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:45 pm

I'm amazed I got anything at all, Union, given my complete mis-judgement of what is good / popular. How only one person could have voted for Dalek flying up stairs as a great moment in TV history gets me!! There had to be more Dr Who-philes on here than that!! Granted, I didn't even vote for it, but still ...

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:46 pm

Oh, and well done Hero, Adam and Tino on coming out top on this epic competition. Great performances.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:48 pm

I think theres a lot of people missing off that list, and frankly I dont know why

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:50 pm

Rowley wrote:
Couple of observations.  I have more than doubled Jeff's score which is rather pleasing
You went for shamelessly populist picks tina, successful but surely a bit of you died every time you did it. Myself on the other hand picked some truly magnificent shows despite knowing the philistines on here would not vote for them such as boys from the blackstuff. A pyrrhic victory if ever there was.
I was pleased with it, almost makes my crushing defeat seem worthwhile.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:50 pm

Rowley wrote:
Pyrrhic.

Capital P.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:51 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I think theres a lot of people missing off that list, and frankly I dont know why
I'm on it and doubt I deserve to be!! Anyway, Dolphin, cheers for all the effort. It's not easy running a competition with his shower!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:52 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Pyrrhic.

Capital P.
Pedant, capital P.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:54 pm

Rowley wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Rowley wrote:
Pyrrhic.

Capital P.
Pedant, capital P.
T@at, capital T

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:55 pm

Well, if you are going to try and be clever it is usually best to get it right.

Just saying like.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:58 pm

Wasn't trying to be clever, it was the appropriate word to use in the circumstance, hence why I used it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:59 pm

I didn't realise my Moon Landings suggestion would be taken seriously, then completely forgot to send a new one Laugh

Congrats to the three who finished above me, and a massive "SUCK IT" to those who finished below me.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 19 Aug 2013, 5:00 pm

Rowley wrote:Wasn't trying to be clever
Evidently.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:50 pm

5th isn't too bad
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 20 Aug 2013, 4:07 am

I will volunteer to run another one if no one else does, I got slightly erratic towards the end (as my omission of Galted from the standings has proven). 

Next would be books probably? Or sport? Im reasonably solid on both of those subjects coming from a bookworm family and a sporty muthahubbard.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:08 am

Thanks for running it Dolphin. You did a sterling job, old boy.

Maybe try books next as there was a pretty comprehensive sports voting series on the forum not that long ago. Not sure I can handle reading super_insecure posting about how sh*t every sportsperson is, was, and ever will be again.

Not sure how popular books will be but it is worth a go.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:59 am

Would tend to agree Tina, think the problem with sports is people will tend to vote for the sports they follow on here. Books will be interesting, see if anyone on here has actually read anything.

There is still enough milegae in doing music again though as well. And I could actually take part this time.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:05 am

Yeah, music is a good shout, Jeff. There are literally (figuratively?) hundreds of categories to go through in music and the last one only scratched the surface (as excellent as it was, sodhat).

I can think of loads of categories for books, but not necessarily in areas of my own interest. I worry it would fizzle out. Or maybe I am underestimating the voracious appetite for knowledge contained on the 606 forum.....

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:08 am

No there are literally 100s. Songs that start with various letters of the alphabet is 26, bands who do likewise is another 26 as is albums. That is 78 straight off the bat so my literally based rage is not necessary here.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:11 am

Glad to hear it. I was figuratively worried about it.

There you go, Dolphin. Music round II?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:16 am

Sad though it is I have spent the time since my post trying to think of songs that begin with Q. Miles Kane - Quicksand in case anyone cares what I came up with.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:18 am

Rowley wrote:Sad though it is I have spent the time since my post trying to think of songs that begin with Q. Miles Kane - Quicksand in case anyone cares what I came up with.
Artists that begin with Q:

Q Lazzarus.

Perhaps we should save these gems until the actual competition?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:20 am

Artist - The Quicksilver Messenger Service.

Not sure they will beat Queen should this be a category. Would ? and the Mysterions count?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:23 am

Rowley wrote:Artist - The Quicksilver Messenger Service.

Would that not come under the letter T? Do The Beatles come under B or T? What about The Rolling Stones. The Stone Roses. Its confusing.

We could have a category to vote for best band beginning with the word The.

Personally, I would go with The The or The Fast Food Rockers.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:25 am

I always dump the the (not the band who I like a lot) solely because Windows Media player does likewise with my Cd collection.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:28 am

Good enough reason.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:33 am

That could cause confusion if you have anything by Opolis P Wildebeest.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:37 am

Union Cane wrote:That could cause confusion if you have anything by Opolis P Wildebeest.
Very good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:37 am

Let's have a cyber-bullying contest.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:37 am

It only tends to dump The from bands Union. Solo artists tend to be files under their forenames. For instance Dusty Springfield is filed under D on Windows Media Player.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:38 am

Zzzzzzzz

Sorry, great story Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:39 am

Galted wrote:Let's have a cyber-bullying contest.
You're a girl.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:39 am

Does anyone want to take ownership of any new competition?

I would suggest a 12 round cultural cup - 3 book rounds, 3 music rounds, 3 movie rounds, 3 TV rounds

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:40 am

Adam D wrote:Does anyone want to take ownership of any new competition?

I would suggest a 12 round cultural cup - 3 book rounds, 3 music rounds, 3 movie rounds, 3 TV rounds
I could give it a go I suppose. Would have to delete all the love letters from Truss that I have in my PM box but that shouldn't be a problem.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:46 am

Galted wrote:Let's have a cyber-bullying contest.
You're a girl.
Can't think of any response so I guess you win this time.  But I will be back.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:52 am

I could give it a go I suppose.  Would have to delete all the love letters from Truss that I have in my PM box but that shouldn't be a problem.
If you post a thread looking for entrants, Rowley or myself will make it a global.

Can I reserve 2nd place in the final standings? I can put a beach towel down on it if it helps.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:53 am

Adam D wrote:If you post a thread looking for entrants, Rowley or myself will make it a global.

What Adam actually means is I will try to make it a global, make a complete arse of it and then Adam will do it properly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:54 am

You should operate a handicap system where certain posters start with a pre-decided amount of points, say 38 or 43.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:59 am

"38 or 43"
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:59 am

Adam D wrote:

I could give it a go I suppose.  Would have to delete all the love letters from Truss that I have in my PM box but that shouldn't be a problem.
If you post a thread looking for entrants, Rowley or myself will make it a global.

Can I reserve 2nd place in the final standings? I can put a beach towel down on it if it helps.
Yes Herr Adam.

Have those that have run them before limited it to a certain number of entrants? What do you think, 20-25? Is that too many?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 10:00 am

Galted wrote:You should operate a handicap system where certain posters start with a pre-decided amount of points, say 38 or 43.
If you can prove you're actually handicapped and not just a simpleton then I will consider it.

*You can take this as cyber-bullying again if you like.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Aug 2013, 10:00 am

Just giving examples of pre-decided amounts of points, Union, could just as easily be another amount such as 37.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Aug 2013, 10:02 am

Galted wrote:You should operate a handicap system where certain posters start with a pre-decided amount of points, say 38 or 43.
If you can prove you're actually handicapped and not just a simpleton then I will consider it.

*You can take this as cyber-bullying again if you like.
I'm handicapped in the sense that most other 606 v2 posters are ignorant simpletons who aren't familiar with my carefully considered and culturally rich picks.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 20 Aug 2013, 10:04 am

Galted wrote:Just giving examples of pre-decided amounts of points, Union, could just as easily be another amount such as 37.
I agree mate, perhaps even 39 or even (brace yourself...) 40, but you said say 38 or 43 so I did.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Aug 2013, 10:07 am

Union Cane wrote:
Galted wrote:Just giving examples of pre-decided amounts of points, Union, could just as easily be another amount such as 37.
I agree mate, perhaps even 39 or even (brace yourself...) 40, but you said say 38 or 43 so I did.
Ah, very clever.  Apologies but that went right over my head which is a bit embarrassing as I just questioned the intelligence of other 606 v2 users.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 20 Aug 2013, 11:41 am

I would suggest a maximum of about 15 entrants, otherwise it gets very unwieldly!

Also, be strict with nomination deadlines!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 20 Aug 2013, 1:37 pm

Id suggest writing down, on word or something, everyones choices the second you open a PM, and if you are not gonna be able to then dont open the PM. Amount of PMs ive opened and then forgotten about in this competition.

I also think its worth asking people at the start to suggest some round ideas, cos I got to a point where I kept thinking of the same ones over again. 

I'm in for whatever we choose, I wanna good attempt at getting points as I kept having to give my first choices away during this one.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 1:47 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Id suggest writing down, on word or something, everyones choices the second you open a PM, and if you are not gonna be able to then dont open the PM. Amount of PMs ive opened and then forgotten about in this competition.

I also think its worth asking people at the start to suggest some round ideas, cos I got to a point where I kept thinking of the same ones over again. 

I'm in for whatever we choose, I wanna good attempt at getting points as I kept having to give my first choices away during this one.
Yep, I will do something along those lines. Our illustrious leader, Mr Adam, has given me some helpful hints already. I think I might get some participants going this week and then put the first couple of categories up on Monday or something. It is my quietest time of the year at work so I should be able to keep it going relatively smoothly.

I probably won't even bother entering it myself, Dolphin. Just sit back and watch you lot slug it out (and almost certainly fix it so neither Jeff or Galted get any points).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 20 Aug 2013, 1:52 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote: (and almost certainly fix it so neither Jeff or Galted get any points).
Galted seems capable of doing that without any interference from you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next