The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History

+19
Hulking_up
Trebs
Adam D
compelling and rich
LondonTiger
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
superflyweight
Galted
JuliusHMarx
ChequeredJersey
Il Gialloblu
kingjohn7
Bull
bhb001
The Womble
Kenny
Dr Gregory House MD
Dolphin Ziggler
23 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Best Fictional Moment in TV History

The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 15 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 9 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 11 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 11 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 8 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 84

Poll closed

The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 13 Aug 2013, 2:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, this is it, we have made it to the end. A long and arduous journey comes to its close as we pick the best fictional moment in TV history. 

Eastenders is well represented and many, many of you have proven that this forum is your internet home as at least five of you made the "moon landings" joke! The Breaking Bad choice is spoiler boxed below for those who are catching up (it was submitted a week ago so will have nothing from the latest episode).

Please select two choices (and avoid the ones that are questionably fictional if you believe them to have happened!)

The results from last week are as follows:

Father Ted/Sir Johnny English - 12
Fawlty Towers/Bhb001 - 12
The Office/Adam D - 8
Blackadder/Julius - 7
Only Fools and Horses/Onlytreblewinners - 7
Phoenix Nights/Superflyweight - 5
Porridge/Rowley - 4
I'm Alan Partridge/Tino - 3
IT Crowd/Hero - 2
Red Dwarf/Hulking Up - 1

That Leaves us with a scoreboard full of drama and tension. The perennial number 2 Whistle Adam goes into the final round on top of the pile, one of four men who can win it.

Adam D - 50
Hero - 49
Marky – 48
Tino – 38
Nakatomi Plaza – 36
Chequered Jersey - 34
Kenny – 30
OnlyTrebleWinners 29
Dolphin Ziggler 27
Bull - 27
VDT – 23
Julius H Marx - 23
Rowley - 22
B3rragan – 21
Sir Johnny English – 21
BHB001 – 20
Superflyweight 16
CJB – 14
Compelling and Rich - 12
NickisBHAFC - 10
Hulking Up - 9
SeanMichaels 6
xViperx - 5

THE BREAKING BAD SPOILER:

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 14 Aug 2013, 1:33 pm

I do kind of feel like the visual stuff doesnt need to be questioned, I wouldnt have voted for Blackadder if it had been the same emotion but they'd jumped over some wooden boxes into my garden and charged. Actually, if it had been specifically my garden then I would have, lovely garden.

It does kind of linger on the edge of the rules (not worse than the damn moon landings joke that 5 of you made) but as its a dramatised 5-10 minute portrayal of the industrial revolution, like Band of Brothers was a portrayal etc etc, then I suppose it is fictional within a non fictional event. Its why I made it was specified as a certain part, rather than just the Opening Ceremony as a whole (I also think the other selection this user was going to choose would have probably got a similar amount of votes)

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History - Page 2 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - 10th and Final Round: Best (Fictional) Moment in TV History

Post by Trebs Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:11 pm

Sorry but some of the choices which have been allowed are an absolute joke.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:19 pm

I like how some things have spoilers but others don't. I wanted to watch Walking Dead, no point now Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:36 pm

It doesn't need a spoiler. It was the mid season finale of season 2 back in November 2011. 21 months ago...

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:43 pm

Regardless, I hadn't seen it yet, so I'd count that as a spoiler Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Hulking_up Wed 14 Aug 2013, 2:51 pm

You would if you haven't seen it but it doesn't need spoiler tags because it's been aired on tv on 2 different channels and is nearly 2 years old.

BTW i don't get the Blackadder love in. I liked it as a kid but it hasn't aged well.

Hulking_up

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:12 pm

Den and Angie got divorced?! Oh well, no point catching up with Eastenders now.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:22 pm

The Walking Dead episode with Sophia was brilliant and I thought the Mitchell and Webb "Sherlock Holmes" sketch was beautiful.

The Del Boy through the bar and Blackadder scenes are classics but I think I'd go for the first two as my picks of brilliant tv moments.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Den and Angie got divorced?! Oh well, no point catching up with Eastenders now.
I didn't realise you had 1980s Eastenders waiting to be watched on DVD, like I have with my Walking Dead DVDs Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:39 pm

Hulking_up wrote:You would if you haven't seen it but it doesn't need spoiler tags because it's been aired on tv on 2 different channels and is nearly 2 years old.

BTW i don't get the Blackadder love in. I liked it as a kid but it hasn't aged well.
The first one is and always will be utter dross but the rest are still excellent. Been rewatching Blackadder III and it still makes me laugh.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:49 pm

Blackadder, as someone who wasn't alive when it originally ran in any series, is still fantastic. It has aged possibly the best of any TV show of it's age
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:49 pm

And I know many of my friends in my generation agree
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:57 pm

Looking back on that first series of Blackadder, I highly doubt that a series making such a poor start would ever be re-commissioned for a second series. Imagine if Game of Thrones Series 1 had been appalling, or Friends had been totally rubbish without any laughs at all. Good on the BBC for sticking with it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 14 Aug 2013, 3:59 pm

I think the first series of Blackadder is still very funny but then again I remember watching it first time around!

Most long running shows have a poor first few seasons - The US Office, Seinfeld, Frasier for example.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Aug 2013, 4:01 pm

Or in some cases, an entire history of poor seasons - Seinfeld, Frasier... Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 14 Aug 2013, 4:15 pm

Don't be dissing Seinfeld. Don't even think about it!

First season of Blackadder isn't quite as good as the rest, but it's still very good. Peter Cook as Richard III is brilliant ("now is the summer of my content") and the Archbishop of Canterbury episode is one of my favourites of any of the Blackadder episodes (as is the Witchsmeller Pursuivant).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 14 Aug 2013, 4:57 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Or in some cases, an entire history of poor seasons - Seinfeld, Frasier... Wink
It is now official - Azzy has the worst taste of any human being ever born or yet to be born.

The two greatest comedies of all time!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 14 Aug 2013, 5:26 pm

Parks and Rec was also poor first season, Always Sunny took its time to get going too. When I try convince people to watch Parks and Rec I have to tell them that season one is basically a pilot season, a mundane attempt to forge character whilst being bland enough to hit key demographics and convince board members it is worth continuing with. 

To be honest Azzy, the Sophia bit isnt that much of a shock and, if youre anything like me, you'll be happy to find her zombified. I am not sure theres a character I like that has died yet, I generally cheer when one of them gets killed as the characters are all so awful.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 14 Aug 2013, 5:49 pm

I think there's possibly two people on Walking Dead that I want to survive.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 14 Aug 2013, 5:55 pm

Agreed, I've never hated the characters or personal stories on a TV programme so much yet carried on watching

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:28 pm

Daryll has to be one of the characters surely. The other I guess might be maggie for repopulation purposes.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 14 Aug 2013, 7:56 pm

Daryll and Michonne are the two.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:20 pm

Not a fan of Michonne, i like Glenn, Maggie Whistle, Rick and Daryll and the Governor

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 14 Aug 2013, 8:25 pm

I think the problem with a lot of them is they're certainly not as likeable as the GN version. Andrea the GN version is awesome, the TV version, well enough said.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 14 Aug 2013, 9:55 pm

Its probably more than two. I dont mind the main guy, the gypsy with the arrow, the asian lad and the bird with the sword (as you can see, I like them so much that I know none of their names). 

Spoiler:

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Thu 15 Aug 2013, 2:05 pm

"Why can we no longer think of the british Isles, without the word 'Pedoph' in front of them?"

Brass Eye wins it all day for me

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:01 pm

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Or in some cases, an entire history of poor seasons - Seinfeld, Frasier... Wink
ha! you are kidding aren't you Azzy? Please tell me you are kidding??
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:05 pm

The Womble wrote:
ha! you are kidding aren't you Azzy? Please tell me you are kidding??
I have a lot of love for Azzy, he voted for my Bombardier beetle in a previous round, but he is danger of losing all the affection I have for him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:10 pm

Marky has absolutely thrown this competition away at the final hurdle!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 15 Aug 2013, 3:45 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Marky has absolutely thrown this competition away at the final hurdle!
By nominating something very, very good that no-one votes for in favour of mediocrity?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 15 Aug 2013, 4:23 pm

Hey! My choice managed to make the Fray something other than trite, emo tripe. It actually made the Fray touching and emotive to the degree that it turned a totally mediocre song into a wonderful piece of music merely by its association with it! That is an achievement in itself
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 15 Aug 2013, 4:42 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:By nominating something very, very good that no-one votes for in favour of mediocrity?
I've had ten rounds of doing that. And not a single point to show for it.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 15 Aug 2013, 4:49 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Hey! My choice managed to make the Fray something other than trite, emo tripe. It actually made the Fray touching and emotive to the degree that it turned a totally mediocre song into a wonderful piece of music merely by its association with it! That is an achievement in itself
Well then, congratulations, even though I have no idea what you're talking about Smile

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 15 Aug 2013, 7:51 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Marky has absolutely thrown this competition away at the final hurdle!
By nominating something very, very good that no-one votes for in favour of mediocrity?
Emo

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:41 pm

What were the final scores?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:43 pm

You would have won but a new rule was introduced that you could only score points whilst in the UK.

Sorry

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:45 pm

Hero wrote:What were the final scores?
The scores are an irrelevance, Hero, it's the taking part and the fun time that was had by all that are important.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:49 pm

Galted wrote:
Hero wrote:What were the final scores?
The scores are an irrelevance, Hero, it's the taking part and the fun time that was had by all that are important.
That's loser talk, where's my winners medal?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:52 pm

Did you have BlackaddeR?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:53 pm

Adam D wrote:Did you have BlackaddeR?
No he didn't.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 19 Aug 2013, 2:57 pm

Paedogeddon was my choice.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 19 Aug 2013, 3:13 pm

Arthur Fowler was mine, another big fat zero.

I actually did worse at this one than I did at the music one.

What's up next?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 19 Aug 2013, 3:22 pm

I think the most votes I got for any round was 2. It's a good thing I'm already resigned to a life of mediocrity or this could've been quite soul-destroying.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:20 pm

I'll get the results sorted now

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:26 pm

I believe THE RESULTS ARE AS FOLLOWS (If they are wrong its cos I'm really hungover)

Hero - 59
Adam D - 56
Tino – 50

Marky – 48
Chequered Jersey - 41
Nakatomi Plaza – 36
Kenny – 36
OnlyTrebleWinners 31
Dolphin Ziggler 31
Bull – 29
Rowley – 24
VDT – 23
Julius H Marx - 23
Compelling and Rich - 22
B3rragan – 21
Sir Johnny English – 21
BHB001 – 20
Superflyweight 20
CJB – 14
NickisBHAFC - 10
Hulking Up - 9
SeanMichaels 6
xViperx - 5

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:28 pm

Fix! I'd say well done Hero, but some of the selections during this cup have been hilarious Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:34 pm

Well done Hero, congratulations.  That has got to hurt Adam, that one.

Couple of observations.  I have more than doubled Jeff's score which is rather pleasing and you appear to have left Galted off the list all together?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:37 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:...you appear to have left Galted off the list all together?
I'm missing too, admittedly I didn't get any points but 0 is still a score.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:41 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:...you appear to have left Galted off the list all together?
I'm missing too, admittedly I didn't get any points but 0 is still a score.
I know Union. It was cheap dig at Galted. I could just have easily used your name but you're a sensitive soul and I don't like to upset you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 19 Aug 2013, 4:41 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Couple of observations.  I have more than doubled Jeff's score which is rather pleasing
You went for shamelessly populist picks tina, successful but surely a bit of you died every time you did it. Myself on the other hand picked some truly magnificent shows despite knowing the philistines on here would not vote for them such as boys from the blackstuff. A pyrrhic victory if ever there was.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next