The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals

+47
TheLittleScot
nth
teh_Dingmeister
TheMildlyFranticLlama
alive555
BigGee
Notch
jimbopip
A Simply Mesmeric Try
poddy89
EWT Spoons
R!skysports
Ozzy3213
Solid8
SirBurger
highland_scot
nickj
Dorothy_Mantooth
aucklandlaurie
Tattie Scones RRN
RuggerRadge2611
Biltong
MacKnocked-on
Tramptastic
Pat_Mustard
profitius
Manky-Flanker
VietGwentRevisited
madmaccas
cakeordeath
21st Century Schizoid Man
whocares
TJ
tigertattie
GLove39
alexgmacdonald
reallybored
RDW
Majestic83
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
IanBru
George Carlin
beshocked
funnyExiledScot
Captain_Sensible
bsando
51 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals - Page 12 Empty Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals

Post by bsando Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Right let's get down to business shall we?!

9/11/13
Scotland vs Japan
KO - 2.30pm

17/11/13
Scotland vs South Africa
KO - 3pm

23/11/13
Scotland vs Australia
KO - 6pm

First of all, the schedule for these three matches is super. Unlike last few years, Scotland will play a less formidable team first before two tough matches against SA and Aus. SA are on a roll at the moment and will be a good, stern test for Scotland before Australia. Injuries may be an issue however as we saw in the summer.

If Scotland beat Australia that will make it 3 wins in a row vs the Wallabies which would be a fantastic achievement. But obviously wins over any of these three teams will be great.

Players

Backs M Bennett (Glasgow), C Cusiter (Glasgow), De Luca (Edinburgh), A Dunbar (Glasgow), M Evans (Castres), T Heathcote (Bath), R Jackson (Glasgow), S Lamont (Glasgow), G Laidlaw (Edinburgh), S Maitland (Glasgow), H Pyrgos (Glasgow), M Scott (Edinburgh), T Seymour (Glasgow), D Taylor (Saracens), G Tonks (Edinburgh), T Visser (Edinburgh), D Weir (Glasgow).
Forwards J Barclay (Scarlets), J Beattie (Montpellier), K Brown (Saracens), B Cowan (London Irish), G Cross (Edinburgh), D Denton (Edinburgh), A Dickinson (Edinburgh), R Ford (Edinburgh), C Fusaro (Glasgow), G Gilchrist (Edinburgh) R Grant (Glasgow), J Gray (Glasgow), R Gray (Castres), J Hamilton (Montpellier), R Harley (Glasgow), A Kellock (Glasgow), S Lawson (Newcastle), K Low (London Irish), M Low (Glasgow), P MacArthur (Glasgow), E Murray (Worcester), A Strokosch (Perpignan), T Swinson (Glasgow), J Welsh (Glasgow)

*Sorry for not updating this sooner. My girlfriend and I broke up a few weeks ago after four and a half years, three living together. I've been in a pretty bad place. However, I'm getting better and looking forward to these games so I'll continue to contribute when I can Wink

Last edited by bsando on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 3 times in total

bsando

Back to top Go down

Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals - Page 12 Empty Re: Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals

Post by EWT Spoons Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:28 am

To be honest I’d prefer Brown over Stroker, but Strokosh is the incumbent and has done nothing to warrant losing it, as such deserves to keep the shirt.

I suspect Broon will be shoehorned into 7. I don’t necessarily agree with this approach I just reckon that is what will happen.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals - Page 12 Empty Re: Scotland XV for Autumn Internationals

Post by TJ Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:29 am

I'd play Brown - for his leadership. dunno how his form is this year tho. I just think Brown is the leader Scotland needs on the pitch. Stockoshs power or Browns mobility? Difficult call but the leadership shades it for me.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:31 am

I don't watch much of the Aviva so jump in here if I'm wrong, but hasn't Kelly Brown fallen a bit out of favour with Sarries? I can't remember the last time I saw his name on the team sheet.

If Stroks is getting more exposure at USAP than Brown is at Sarries I would be tempted to start him instead.

It's a tough call for me since Brown has been one of if not our best player for the last 3 seasons.

As it stands and if my thoughts on Kelly Brown are true Stroks should start.

6. Stroks
7. Barclay
8. Denton

Laidlaw as captain if Brown doesn't start.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:35 am

I think that Laidlaw will be captain, regardless.

If you watch any of the recent SJ interview on t'interweb he is fairly clear that he prefers a proper openside and I really think Fozzy will start against Japan with yer London Irishman as a bench option.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:47 am

George Carlin wrote:Kelly is a good supersub because he covers the entire backrow - that may actually work against him in terms of a starting berth. I think that SJ will start Denton against Japan and see how he goes. If he goes well, then he may swap him out at half time and put Kelly on, to keep Dozer box fresh for the Boks.

Incidentally, as Paul Cully pointed out in the Sydney Morning Herald, one thing that cannot be overlooked by anyone playing Japan is how much trouble they gave to the All Blacks in the set piece. The old days where the 'big guy' in the Japanese line out was 6'4" and 15 stones is long gone. We cannot put out a powderpuff pack. Look at the Welsh third stringers last year - the pack got steamrollered.
Isn't Kelly Brown still the squad captain? If so, I can't see him dropped in favour of Stroker. I think Kelly's a superb player, easily our best and most consistent backrower over the last few seasons. A Brown, Denton and Barclay backrow would suit me just fine, with Stroker on the bench.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:56 am

Whatever happens at 6 I think Denton has to start at 8, especially against SA. We need a rampaging ball carrier in the back row and with Beattie injured Denton is the man. A back row of Strokosh, Fusaro, Brown for example just doesn’t have the ability to get over the gainline consistently. Denton has been playing well all season too – Solomon’s seems to have sorted out his show pony tendencies.

In an ideal world I’d have Brown against Japan and Aus, and Strokosh against SA. However I think there needs to be consistency between the 3 tests so I think he has to make up his mind and just chose Brown or Strokosh for all 3.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:58 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Whatever happens at 6 I think Denton has to start at 8, especially against SA.  We need a rampaging ball carrier in the back row and with Beattie injured Denton is the man. A back row of Strokosh, Fusaro, Brown for example just doesn’t have the ability to get over the gainline consistently.  Denton has been playing well all season too – Solomon’s seems to have sorted out his show pony tendencies.

In an ideal world I’d have Brown against Japan and Aus, and Strokosh against SA.  However I think there needs to be consistency between the 3 tests so I think he has to make up his mind and just chose Brown or Strokosh for all 3.
Very sensible post, particularly the bit in bold. We'd be mad to go into any of these three games without a bona fide ball carrier in the backrow.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Denton does look back to his best. I'd play him. Brown for his leadership both in deed and in word ( so long as his form is decent right now) So 7 is the question mark. Barcs?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:11 pm

Barclay isn't long back from injury whereas Fozzy has been involved since pre-season games.

Depends, really. JB has been quietly efficient, I feel, but few Scarlets fans seem to be raving about him just yet. Can anyone comment on whether he has actually been playing well?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:14 pm

George Carlin wrote:Barclay isn't long back from injury whereas Fozzy has been involved since pre-season games.

Depends, really. JB has been quietly efficient, I feel, but few Scarlets fans seem to be raving about him just yet. Can anyone comment on whether he has actually been playing well?
He scored the only try of the game against Ulster, and looked the Scarlets' best player in the match vs Glasgow. I've heard a few Scarlets fans say very complimentary things about him.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:20 pm

Barclay V Fusaro is probably a similiar argument to De Luca/Bennet but less of an extreme.  Barclay has had a lot of good games for Scotland but plenty games where he hasn't really stood out too.  Fusaro again is the youth and inexperience option that needs to be capped some time soon.

I see Barclay as a defencive 7, whereas Fusaro is very much in the offencive mould - again might just come down to what kind of game SJ wants us to play.

I'd defo play Fusaro against Japan - we'll need his pace.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:08 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:I don't watch much of the Aviva so jump in here if I'm wrong, but hasn't Kelly Brown fallen a bit out of favour with Sarries? I can't remember the last time I saw his name on the team sheet.

If Stroks is getting more exposure at USAP than Brown is at Sarries I would be tempted to start him instead.

It's a tough call for me since Brown has been one of if not our best player for the last 3 seasons.

As it stands and if my thoughts on Kelly Brown are true Stroks should start.

6. Stroks
7. Barclay
8. Denton

Laidlaw as captain if Brown doesn't start.
Hmm, I wouldn't say 'fallen out of favour' exactly, it's more that Brown wasn't available at the start of the season, and Sarries were going with a backrow that usually comprised B Vunipola, E Joubert & J Burger; but as others have come back from injury they've chopped and changed a wee bit more; it is fair to say that KB hasn't shown the same form as pre-injury, but perhaps that's to be expected

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:29 pm

Probably one for Beshocked but I thought Brown had played very well for Sarries this season once he became available, and I've seen some good carries and a try from him in a Sarries jersey.

My expectation is that the back row will be Brown, Strokosch and Denton. My preference would be to use Fusaro (Japan and Australia) and Barclay (South Africa) and have Strokosch on the bench for impact.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:47 pm

Watched some of London Irish on BT Sport yesterday and Cowan looked quite a decent player at 6 to be honest, carries well and works hard.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:58 pm

I saw that as well. He looked useful - a real grafter at 6.

A future Edinburgh player I reckon.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:02 pm

Can't see him being an Edinburgh player for a wee while. Think it was a 2 or 3 year contract cowan signed at London Irish when he signed for them.
Would be tempted to stick Cowan on the bench again Japan and see what impact he has. Plus side of Cowan over the other options is that he can play well in every back row position where as some would just do a make shift job. The other bonus of Cowan is his try Scoring record which is pretty handy.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:06 pm

expecting a very tough game from Japan, definitely not the push overs some fans might think they will be. Can remember a Japan select team play a Scottish select at Murrayfield in a mid week game about 3 years ago before Scotland went of on a summer tour.
Scotland won but was quite a close game I think winning 24-5. The Scotland team that night was pretty strong and close to full strength at the time where as Japan were breaking in quite a few young players. The obvious big name players in their team are Tanaka who is the Highlanders back up scrum half and Shota Hore who plays for the Rebels but another player who has impressed me is the full back Ayumu Goromaru who looks to be pretty quick and powerful and also has a pretty accurate boot.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Majestic83 wrote:expecting a very tough game from Japan, definitely not the push overs some fans might think they will be. Can remember a Japan select team play a Scottish select at Murrayfield in a mid week game about 3 years ago before Scotland went of on a summer tour.
Scotland won but was quite a close game I think winning 24-5. The Scotland team that night was pretty strong and close to full strength at the time where as Japan were breaking in quite a few young players. The obvious big name players in their team are Tanaka who is the Highlanders back up scrum half and Shota Hore who plays for the Rebels but another player who has impressed me is the full back Ayumu Goromaru who looks to be pretty quick and powerful and also has a pretty accurate boot.
That was the game Andy Robinson banned kicking, so we had to run everything even if on our own try line! Was very much a training run out kind of game.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:11 pm

Majestic83 wrote:expecting a very tough game from Japan, definitely not the push overs some fans might think they will be. Can remember a Japan select team play a Scottish select at Murrayfield in a mid week game about 3 years ago before Scotland went of on a summer tour.
Us Edinburgh fans consider that a landslide!!

I predict we'll win by a margin of 15-20 points, not dissimilar to the score last time.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:17 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
Us Edinburgh fans consider that a landslide!!

I predict we'll win by a margin of 15-20 points, not dissimilar to the score last time.
haha very true, when was the last time Edinburgh won a game by that score?
Can remember that game was a lot closer than the 24-5 scoreline, Alex Grove was probably Scotland's player that night but has weirdly never been seen since in a Scotland jersey. What surprised me most that night was the Japanese physicality at the breakdown and how good their technique was and definitely cause Scotland some problems.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:22 pm

Well a few of the Japanese players usually have Super 15 experience so tend to know their way around the breakdown area, and aren't afraid of the physical stuff.

I still maintain that if we do the basics well, secure quick ball and play in the right areas we'll win with something to spare.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:44 pm

From scottishrugbyblog:

Starting XV: 15. Tonks, 14. Maitland, 11, Seymour, 10. Heathcote, 9. Laidlaw, 8. Beattie, 7. Fusaro, 6. Strokosch, 5. R Gray, 4. Swinson, 3. Cross, 2. MacArthur, 1. Grant

Bench: Dickinson, Ford, Welsh, Hamilton, Brown, Cusiter, Weir, Lamont

Quite a few surprises there for me = Tonks, no Jackson, Heathcote, Beattie & Cross

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:45 pm

Also surprising that there are no centres being picked!

Is that their opinion or have they got inside info?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:49 pm

What is that team?

Fusaro hasn't done anything to justify starting ahead of Barclay.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Also Cross, Beattie and Heathcoat have hardly played all season!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:54 pm

Asbo, the biggest surprise is that we seem to be playing with thirteen men!
I thought Tonks would get a chance with no Hogg or Horne available. Seymour deserves his start.
Surprises for me are; Big Jim covering the second row, he's not likely to bring on athleticism to run a tired Japanese pack around the paddock is he? Again, Kellybrows covering the back row; not as omnipresent as Fozzie, psychotic as Strokes nor as good a ball carrier as Beattie. He is probably a better all round 6 than Strokes, you pays your money and all that, but at 7 or 8 he'll adversely affect the balance of the unit.
Wonder what Ruaridh did in training to upset SJ? he looked a nailed on starter.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Solid8 Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:59 pm

I was under the impression that Heathcote has not been getting regular starts for Barf and that his most notable start this season was when he was fed to the lions (so to speak) away at Sarries. If this is the case it seems a touch short sighted to put him in to what could well be a physical game that we could trip up on.

Solid8

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:00 pm

Just looked at their webiste, it is what team they would pick, not inside info on what it is likely to be!

http://www.scottishrugbyblog.co.uk/2013/11/our-scotland-xv-the-back-three/

Phew!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:05 pm

Fusaro is all action but little impact, Barclay is making turnovers again so surely slots straight in in the absence of Rennie.

Hadn't realised the Bok game was on a Sunday, blow losing the Reverend Beast Tamer.

Never been convinced by the Doc in the scrum, but hardly confident in Low or Welsh currently at TH.

Can't see Capt. Brows getting left out, that'd be a big call for Johnson. And if he did, I'd personally prefer Harley to Strokosch.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Well since Asbo has started the ball rolling here goes...

1.. Grant. As long as the Strathclyde Constabulary have no prior claim on his time.
2.. WeePee. Deserves the chance, is on form.
3.. Dr Cross. No point in playing the Rev as the Bokkies game is on a Sunday. Angela on the bench.
4. Swinson. Form second row at the moment.
5. Big Jim. We will need his grunt against the Bokkies and so gets a run out.
6.. 7..8. I would happily go with the Killer B's if they are fit.
However, I suspect we will see
6.. Stroker
7.. Fozzie
8.. Denton. which should run Japan ragged. Will it have the nous and "dog" to stop the Boks on the gain line?
9.. Laidlaw Who else
10.. Ruaridh the form 10 at the moment and should have the jersey for all three games.
11.. Seymour
12.. Scott
13.. Taylor
14.. NoMaits
15 ..Tonks.
16 ..Low
17.. Ford
18.. Angela
19.. R Gray
20.. Barclay
21.. Henry
22.. Heathcoat
23.. angel 

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:17 pm

jimbopip wrote:Well since Asbo has started the ball rolling here goes...

1.. Grant. As long as the Strathclyde Constabulary have no prior claim on his time.
2.. WeePee. Deserves the chance, is on form.
3.. Dr Cross. No point in playing the Rev as the Bokkies game is on a Sunday. Angela on the bench.
4. Swinson. Form second row at the moment.
5. Big Jim. We will need his grunt against the Bokkies and so gets a run out.
6.. 7..8. I would happily go with the Killer B's if they are fit.
However, I suspect we will see
6.. Stroker
7.. Fozzie
8.. Denton. which should run Japan ragged. Will it have the nous and "dog" to stop the Boks on the gain line?
9.. Laidlaw Who else
10.. Ruaridh the form 10 at the moment and should have the jersey for all three games.
11.. Seymour
12.. Scott
13.. Taylor
14.. NoMaits
15 ..Tonks.
16 ..Low
17.. Ford
18.. Angela
19.. R Gray
20.. Barclay
21.. Henry
22.. Heathcoat
23.. angel 
Taylor's crocked.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:17 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Also surprising that there are no centres being picked!

Apologies, they've been making their picks unit by unit and haven't done the midfield yet OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:22 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Also surprising that there are no centres being picked!

Apologies, they've been making their picks unit by unit and haven't done the midfield yet OK
The result is what happens when you pick a team by committee. It's not a particularly impressive team so far, especially with Heathcote at 10. I hope SJ isn't taking any hints from them.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Taylor's crocked? Then Mr De Luca gets a start. Playing outside of Jackson-Scott may be slightly different from Parks and G-Dog but i'm sure he'll adjust.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by MacKnocked-on Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:26 pm

jimbopip wrote:Taylor's crocked? Then Mr De Luca gets a start. Playing outside of Jackson-Scott may be slightly different from Parks and G-Dog but i'm sure he'll adjust.
Sure Taylor played the second half for Saracens this weekend.

MacKnocked-on

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:28 pm

MacKnocked-on wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Taylor's crocked? Then Mr De Luca gets a start. Playing outside of Jackson-Scott may be slightly different from Parks and G-Dog but i'm sure he'll adjust.
Sure Taylor played the second half for Saracens this weekend.
You're right, he did. I was sure he'd been out of the Scotland squad due to injury. Ah well, ignore me.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:30 pm

If Taylor is fit I'd start him ahead of both De Luca and angel 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:33 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:If Taylor is fit I'd start him ahead of both De Luca and angel 
Not sure I would. He'd be an excellent utility back for the bench. When I've seen him for Sarries he's been solid but not particularly creative. He's got a nice offload in the tackle, but I don't think his distribution is up to snuff.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:39 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:If Taylor is fit I'd start him ahead of both De Luca and angel 
Agreed. Taylor in the midfield would be particularly handy at stopping those Bok runners. I know that Bennett isn't a bad defender, but the prospect of Alberts or De Villiers getting through to him is slightly worrying.

Scott and Taylor could be pretty handy, although Taylor at 13 and Lamont in the wing is perhaps a bit "solid". Such a shame Visser and Hogg are both out.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Been impressed with Bennett's defence this season.

Could provide us with some cut to accompany the thrust from Scott in the midfield.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:01 pm

I agree. Exactly why I think Bennett ought to start with Scott against Japan. This is an ideal test for Bennett, and with Lamont on the wing outside him we've got an option should we need a bosh merchant to come off the wing and make some hard yards through the middle.

You could have Taylor on the bench as an impact sub.

Finally some half decent options in the midfield, despite injuries to Horne and Dunbar.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:02 pm

Just had a thought - if Matt Scott get's injured we're really censored at 12!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:09 pm

Taylor missed the three-day Scotland camp last week and was receiving attention from the meds at Sarries - must have been passed fit as he managed 20 mins yesterday. I had assumed he was more of a 12 (like Matt Scott) than a 13, as Joel Tomkins has been Sarries main port of call for outside centre, with Wyles as the main back-up, I think

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:10 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Just had a thought - if Matt Scott get's injured we're really censored at 12!
It would have to be Taylor in his stead. Can't really think of anyone else who's played there for any significant amount of time, now that Dunbar is injured.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain_Sensible Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:32 pm

SJ is announcing the team tomorrow, apparently.

Captain_Sensible

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:31 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Taylor missed the three-day Scotland camp last week and was receiving attention from the meds at Sarries - must have been passed fit as he managed 20 mins yesterday.  I had assumed he was more of a 12 (like Matt Scott) than a 13, as Joel Tomkins has been Sarries main port of call for outside centre, with Wyles as the main back-up, I think
Taylor has played 12 mostly this season, but given he's also played a fair bit as a winger I suspect he'd be able to play 13 as well should we require.

I'd assume if Scott were injured then Taylor would play 12, with NDL or Bennett the main options at 13.

There's always Max Evans, who seems equally ineffective wherever he plays.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:20 pm

Suspect that it'll be Scott & De Luca considering they were both withheld from Edinburgh and Bennett played.

Shame.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Reallybored - Glasgow had barely any fit centres available at the weekend so he probably had to play, plus de Luca has played most games this season

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:59 am

True - I think that Schiz is hoping if he hangs around long enough at Scotstoun, he'll get handed a 13 shirt and told to get on with it.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:02 am

George Carlin wrote:True - I think that Schiz is hoping if he hangs around long enough at Scotstoun, he'll get handed a 13 shirt and told to get on with it.
George, while I am second to none in my assessment of Schiz as a fine figure of a man I'm not sure he deserves the 13 shirt for "hanging around long enough". This isn't Edinburgh! No. If he'd been playing regularly, had garnered experience of playing abroad, say Essex, and didn't have a fixture this weekend.. Ah but where would we find such a man?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next