The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Khan - Bradley revisited

+18
TRUSSMAN66
catchweight
hampo17
jimdig
hogey
bellchees
OasisBFC
Valero's Conscience
ShahenshahG
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
joeyjojo618
AlexHuckerby
tunes666
bhb001
wheelchair1991
Boxtthis
mobilemaster8
Pedro147
22 posters

Go down

Khan - Bradley revisited Empty Khan - Bradley revisited

Post by Pedro147 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 2:38 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t30697-khan-vs-bradley

https://www.606v2.com/t19980-amir-khan-v-timothy-bradley

Above are the topics debates from 2011 and 2012. Have any of you changed your opinion on the fight since then?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Khan - Bradley revisited Empty Re: Khan - Bradley revisited

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 2:41 pm

Id like this fight to happen. Was missed a few years ago.

I think Bradley wins based on work rate.

Kahn is technically better, and Bradley has not got the power to get the KO, but Bradley is like a machine.

Bradley via UD similar to the Khan vs Peterson fight.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon 14 Oct 2013, 2:44 pm

My opinion has changed on this. Back then I thought this was a 50/50 fight, but after seeing Khan against Peterson in particular, I now think that Bradley pressures him, gets him flustered, and UDs him.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 2:52 pm

Bradley gets the win for me Khan would get frustrated and end up losing on a UD

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 3:47 pm

I think Bradley is underrated. I can't see Khan getting the better of him. Mayweather should be his next fight, but I doubt he is in any hurry for this as he will loose in a stinker and then there wouldn't be any other fights out there for him; not a fan favourite plus too good to take on if you are up and coming. He would end up in boxers limbo.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 3:48 pm

Both Pacman and Marquez and on the decline and Pacman most definatly beat Bradley in their fight and Pacman also looked much quicker to the punch than Marquez in his last fight before leaving him self open for the knock out.

You have to give Bradley Credit, and I think as far as fitness and physique goes he is probably the best. But not convinced he is a top dog yet... I see Khan & Garcia beating him.. although credit where due, it does not look like Bradley would be an easy night for anyone..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 3:52 pm

tunes666 wrote:Both Pacman and Marquez and on the decline and Pacman most definatly beat Bradley in their fight and Pacman also looked much quicker to the punch than Marquez in his last fight before leaving him self open for the knock out.

You have to give Bradley Credit, and I think as far as fitness and physique goes he is probably the best. But not convinced he is a top dog yet... I see Khan & Garcia beating him.. although credit where due, it does not look like Bradley would be an easy night for anyone..
I don't agree I think Bradley beats Kahn and Garcia on points

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 14 Oct 2013, 4:00 pm

Think Bradley Vs. Garcia would be a great fight, but with Top Ranks stable in the 140-147lb division he will most likely be doing a ringaround the rosey's against Alvarado, Rios, Marquez and Manny. Nearly all the other fighters in the division are with Golden Boy or Khan.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 14 Oct 2013, 4:03 pm

Oh and Provodnikov.

They're all good fights but we've seen him in with 3 of them and 3 of them are very similar fighters.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 4:07 pm

Its pretty stupid that the LWW/WW division is split into two sets of boxers who wont fight each other. Its a really strong division, with some great potential matchups.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon 14 Oct 2013, 4:10 pm

Garcia vs Bradley would be a pick 'em I think.

Khan would get beat by Bradley.

Top Rank and Goldenboy are turning Boxing into WWE / WCW
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 14 Oct 2013, 5:00 pm

Bradley spends far too much time doing F*** all to be such a favourite over Khan though I would probably lean towards him winning.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon 14 Oct 2013, 5:06 pm

At the time I was positive Bradley ducked Khan and Khan would have won.

I still think Bradley ducked him but see him beating Khan. My opinion changed a while ago as I think Bradley's work rate would be too much.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon 14 Oct 2013, 6:38 pm

bradley 'ducked' khan to go for a fight with the far, far, far, far more dangerous (and lucrative) fight with manny.

it's not ducking when you instead fight someone better.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 6:41 pm

If you decline a fight with a decent operator for a unification fight to instead fight the p4p number 2 on earth who hits harder and is all round fifty times better then its not a duck.

Bradley wins via UD against both Khan and Garcia.

He loses to Floyd though around the 116-112 mark.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Mon 14 Oct 2013, 6:57 pm

I think Bradley is too smart for Khan, he wouldn't be able to box like he did against Marquez as Khan would beat him to the punch but Bradley can vary it and thinks well in the ring which is his biggest strength so I see him plowing forward and pressuring Khan like Peterson did but in a more measured way to take a competitive UD or an LKO.

A lot of similarities between Bradley and Garcia so a fight between the two would be interesting, both very rounded and good at everything without being exceptional in any area. If Bradley fights smart like against Marquez I don't see him having too much problems with Garcia though as he holds a decent speed advantage which should be enough too win the rounds and negate Garcias edge in power.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Mon 14 Oct 2013, 7:00 pm

Bradley has proved he is a level above and would beat up Khan before forcing a stoppage around the 10th. This is a fight best avoided if you are Khan.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 14 Oct 2013, 7:14 pm

I had thought khan would win. I thought at the time he'd have too much speed and Bradley wouldn't have the power to knock him out. Now I think Bradley would buzz him, get him trouble and stop him. I also think Bradley has the skill not to let khan run away with it on the cards.
Bradley win, mid to late stoppage, even enough on the cards at the time.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 14 Oct 2013, 7:29 pm

I think Bradley has improved a little bit also to be fair since then whereas Khan doesn't appear to have improved and seems stuck in two styles, AT THE TIME I would have still favoured Khan.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Mon 14 Oct 2013, 7:36 pm

I actually think khan has regressed Alex. He's along way from the punch perfect Judah performance. But as you say he's lost in 2 styles at the moment.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 7:40 pm

I think Khan would take the early rounds but once be slows down Bradley would take over and win a close UD. I always thought Khan would have too much for Bradley but if they fought now, Khan appears to be on the slide and Bradley is definitely on the rise.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 14 Oct 2013, 7:58 pm

Bradley is and always has been a lot better than Khan.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 8:14 pm

I don't think Bradley is a lot better than Khan.......I don't think anybody is.......

The kid gets caught and goes..........But he's been owning everybody before it's happened bar the freak Prescott accident.....

Easy to forget Petersen was outclassed until he got cocky and I still thought he won.......with the deductions.......

Garcia also was second best till he landed.......Barkley-Hearns..................

Which tells me that his speed, crisp jab and flurries give people problems and that his chin is the leveller......

People under rate Khan on here.......If he hid behind his jab he'd be a top 5 p4per..

Top class fighter with a poor chin.......A poor Man's Hearns I've always said.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:10 pm

Nah. Barely beat Maidana or Diaz. Far from a top pound for pound fighter. Not even one of the top two in his division.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:11 pm

I said If he hid behind his jab..blah blah blah............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 14 Oct 2013, 10:12 pm

If your Aunty had balls blah blah blah

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Tue 15 Oct 2013, 12:25 am

When has Khan ever been stopped late- and why do so many people always suggest this? I guess you're as good as your fight, but Khan is grotestly underrated on this board and I'm really not too sure why? Is his ethnicity a factor?

Alex put it best by saying at the moment he's stuck between two styles- so if Bradley and Khan were to meet now I feel Bradley would win. Whether Khan can actually deploy better tactics to negate inside fighters it's still to be determined.

As for Khan being on the slide- winning your last two fights whilst trying a complete new style and only being 26- I would say he's far from a write off! Let's not forget that he was soundly out boxing Garcia until he got caught.

Basucally, give Khan a break- yes, he's at a crossroads but his career is far from over.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 15 Oct 2013, 8:43 am

All Time Great wrote:When has Khan ever been stopped late- and why do so many people always suggest this? I guess you're as good as your fight, but Khan is grotestly underrated on this board and I'm really not too sure why? Is his ethnicity a factor?

I would suggest not. I would suggest his record is a bigger factor. He has lost three times, Bradley hasn't lost once. Bradley has fought and beaten (controversially on occassion, but came away with the win) some big names in Alexander, Manny and Marquez, so he deserves credit.

Khan is far from finished as a fighter, but he is currently off the pace from the leaders. He is lucky to get a fight with Mayweather, which is being sold on the back of him being a recogniseable name in the states and not on the back of a decent win streak. I will, however, be cheering him on that night (should it happen) and will be pleased as punch for the lad if he pulls off an upset.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Tue 15 Oct 2013, 9:19 am

ATG when I said Khan is on the slide, I mean he is not performing to his highest level, think the Maidana fight which, until he got caught, he was controlling but managed to regain his legs and use his brain.

In the Diaz fight he got caught and tried to engage. I've said for a while now that the worst thing to ever happen to Khan was getting caught by Maidana and not going down, he for some reason believed he had a chin of steel and appeared to get fed up of people saying he was made of china, going as far as sticking his chin out for people to catch him clean.

His best performance to date for me is the Kotelnik fight, he used great movement and while he fought with his hands down he used great head movement to avoid punches, since getting caught all of this seems to have gone out of the window. Whether Hunter can get him back to his best remains to be seen, but no one can deny his standards have fallen in the last few fights.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 15 Oct 2013, 9:42 am

I thought when Bradley and Khan appeared destined to fight the Manny fight was no where near the horizon (I could be wrong).

Without checking the stats I do believe Bradley avoided Khan at the time albeit now I think Bradley has improved and Khan has not so would favour Bradley.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 15 Oct 2013, 12:39 pm

I think if you look at the comments on the threads posted above it pretty much blows the whole "Khan is really underrated" argument out of the water. Pages of people arguing the Khan loss to Peterson didnt mean squat and that Khan would beat Pacquiao. Since then Khan got wiped out Garcia and barely beat Diaz. Pretty clear who was being overrated and underrated when you compare the two.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Tue 15 Oct 2013, 5:46 pm

Ive always argued it was Khan who didn't want the fight, and that Bradley would do a number on him. I seem to remember Khan calling Bradley out when he knew the fight was not available, first because of a Bradley injury then afterwards because of his contractual disputes. Team Khans offer seemed to only be on the table for as long as Bradley was unavailable.

Ive said for a while Bradley is very underrated. Im surprised how many people thought Manny and Marquez would stop him. Hes tough as nails and very awkward and determined.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Tue 15 Oct 2013, 6:01 pm

If they fought a thousand times, I honestly couldn't see Khan winning once. People ought to see through Khan by now. Whenever he's on the duck, he accuses the other guy of ducking him. That's his modus operandi. He knew damn well Bradley had Pacquaio lined up when he called him out. And totally disrespectful to accuse Timmy of ducking.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 15 Oct 2013, 6:28 pm

He didnt have him lined up Khan signed up to fight someone - Bradley's managerial problems are over the next day. Bradley avoided Khan for the better Payday/opportunity which is fair enough but Khan was chasing him from the get go.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Wed 16 Oct 2013, 9:46 am

I don't think Khan has anything to trouble Bradley. Bradley UDs Khan.

Regardless of the type of fight Bradley v Mayweather would be I think he's earned his shot at Floyd. I'd rather see this than Mayweather v Khan.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 16 Oct 2013, 9:57 am

I don't see Khan really ducking anyone to be fair to him. The non-fight with Devon Alexander is close, but since he is teeing up a fight with Mayweather for ridiculous money, I'll give him a pass. The same for Bradley when he fought Manny over Khan.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down