The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon

+19
dyrewolfe
custart
Solerina
Mad for Chelsea
Magic Milamber
camerajuan
cats_r_cool
pauline1981
Liam_Main
MTS1
I AM AWESOME
lydian
sportslover
dummy_half
noleisthebest
Geosynch
yummymummy
CaledonianCraig
legendkillar
23 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon - Page 3 Empty Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Jun 2011, 2:51 pm

First topic message reminder :

Murray fans here we are. Back in the UK, Andy is back home and let's hope that this will be the one. First up is Queens. Murray looks set to lock horns again with Malisse in the second round. I hope he will be able to make it to the final of Queens and hope for a kind draw at Wimbledon. What do we Murray fans expect he will do?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon - Page 3 Empty Re: Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon

Post by legendkillar Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:09 pm

Well he completely destroyed Roddick and Roddick didn't even play a bad match. Signs are very good. Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon - Page 3 Empty Re: Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 11 Jun 2011, 9:20 pm

What impressed me most today was his focus. It was spot on and never wavered once and if he can stay in that zone he will be a match for anyone as Andy Roddick is a top grass court player as his record shows.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Magic Milamber Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:06 pm

I didn't think this was the best performance I've ever seen from Murray as some reports state. He destroyed Roddick today but was so laid back with absolutely no histrionics that I believe he could go up another level or two. He seemed so casual and at ease with himself. Today and the recent clay court season just reiterated to him that outside of the top 4 there's no one that can touch him if he keeps his cool and plays his best.

Good show old bean, snarf snarf!!!

Magic Milamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:31 pm

Anyone care to give me a quick summary? Was it as good as it seems? The score looks impressive, the stats are excellent and the reports suggest he was very very good... Unfortunately missed the match as I was busy playing cricket this afternoon (we lost a close game against the French champions and I got a shockker of an LBW decision but kept very well in case anyone cares Wink) so was unable to watch any of the game.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:34 pm

MFC sounds like you needed DRS laughing

The match was ok really. The court played slow and Murray just ate the Roddick serve. He didn't really need to up his game because Roddick didn't really have a back-up plan. Murray really cranked the first serve today. Not looking good for Tsonga if he shows up in that form Very Happy

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:45 pm

pff I'm telling you hotspot would have shown a massive mark on the bat there, still I've calmed down a bit now (was slightly efing and blinding as I walked off). Some of these numbers are really impressive if right. For instance Roddick made 83% of first serves, but won only 53% of points behind it. Sounds like Murray's returning was "in the zone". If he returns that well tomorrow Tsonga has no chance.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 11 Jun 2011, 11:49 pm

He was "in the zone" MFC. No shouting or beating himself over lost points. That was how in control of the match he was. Tsonga was overwhelmed by the home support and I cannot see him taking a set off Murray tomorrow.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 12 Jun 2011, 9:14 am

It's all looking good for Andy Murray Very Happy

What time's the match today?

I'm working later, so I'll probably have to miss it (as usual).....tho' I might be able to watch some of it at work.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sun 12 Jun 2011, 9:24 am

"What time's the match today?"

BBC starts broadcasting at 12-00pm

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 12 Jun 2011, 9:34 am

sportslover wrote:"What time's the match today?"

BBC starts broadcasting at 12-00pm

Thanks Sportslover......that's great....I should be able to watch most of it Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 9:36 am

Morning guys, the chat box will be on from 12noon for the match.
It will be at the bottom of the main forum home page OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:28 am

View from the Queens Club balcony.... http://t.co/iD3QT8D
Here's hoping we get some play today.

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Sun 12 Jun 2011, 11:50 am

Oh Dear !!!!!!!!!!

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun 12 Jun 2011, 12:07 pm

Bloody rain!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 12 Jun 2011, 12:42 pm

legendkillar wrote:Bloody rain!!

Yes.....it's very frustrating........I wouldn't have been able to watch anyway as it clashes with moto GP Rolling Eyes

If it's postponed till tomorrow...between 11.00am and 2.45pm I'll be able to watch it : )

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun 12 Jun 2011, 12:51 pm

How can you watch Moto GP ahead of Tennis?? Shocked

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 12 Jun 2011, 12:56 pm

legendkillar wrote:How can you watch Moto GP ahead of Tennis?? Shocked

Lol......Mr Spoon watches Moto GP....it has priority over tennis unfortunately....and we only have one TV.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun 12 Jun 2011, 1:10 pm

Send Mr Spoon to the neighbours or the pub Very Happy

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 12 Jun 2011, 1:18 pm

legendkillar wrote:Send Mr Spoon to the neighbours or the pub Very Happy

Lol......I don't think the neighbours would want him....and Mr Spoon never goes to the pub.

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun 12 Jun 2011, 1:38 pm

Mr Spoon should take the rocket to a pub Solerina, Smile

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 12 Jun 2011, 9:34 pm

legendkillar wrote:Mr Spoon should take the rocket to a pub Solerina, Smile

Ha ha Legend.....very good!

I should get to watch Andy tomorrow.....forecast looks good too Very Happy

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sun 12 Jun 2011, 9:36 pm

I am hoping for some play tomorrow Smile

Andy getting some much needed rest which is all good.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by custart Mon 13 Jun 2011, 2:14 pm

I'm worried about his ankle injury. Usually they they a while to heal.

custart

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 13 Jun 2011, 6:21 pm

ANNNNNDDDEEEEEEEEE

QUEENS CHAMPION!!! TWICE!! Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

And he came through healthy more importantly. Bring on Wimbledon.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 13 Jun 2011, 6:35 pm

It took time for Andy to work out a gameplan but once he did he looked a lot better for it. Tsonga I think took Andy a bit by surprise with his tactics and by the time Andy worked things out he was a set down.

One thing is sure none of the big guns will look forward to being drawn in Jo-Wilfried's half of the draw. For Andy it is a lovely stepping stone and building block for Wimbledon and the icing on the cake is it is his 17th ranking title and 2nd Aegon title. Well done Andy - onwards and upwards.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 13 Jun 2011, 6:36 pm

I thought it was class at the end during his speech when he apologised to those who might have been caught on camera skiving off work laughing

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 13 Jun 2011, 6:38 pm

Loved that through the legs shot as well - supreme.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 13 Jun 2011, 6:42 pm

It was brilliant that shot. Top drawer stuff.

I think Murray showed the mental strength to win that match. Tsonga was all over him and I thought Tsonga was going to see it out in 2. How wrong I was. Once Murray got the break in the third it was done and dusted.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Mon 13 Jun 2011, 6:44 pm

It took Andy a set and a half to figure Tsonga out - BUT
in the end Brains beat Brawn !

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 13 Jun 2011, 6:49 pm

According to some it doesn't laughing

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 17 Jun 2011, 3:26 pm

Watching Murray's exhibition match against Troicki, he's just done that between the legs winner thingy again. Seems to be returning well still, though Toroicki's just beaten off a couple of breakpoints...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 18 Jun 2011, 12:34 pm

Wimbledon is nearly upon us Murray fans and I shall be hoping for a 100% healthy Murray and Queens Championship form to match.

thumbsup

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:23 pm

Best of luck to Andy Today.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:16 pm

Ljubicic next for Murray Shocked

Not sure what to think of that.

What do Murray fans think?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:20 pm

Ljubicic has never made it past the third round at Wimbledon, and he's not playing that great at the moment either. Murray through in straights, with one of them a TB.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:23 pm

Still could prove a tricky opponent. If he serves well and his backhand is on form, he could be a menace.

I wonder if Andy will start to unleash the forehand we saw at the FO?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:26 pm

nah can't see it, grass isn't his best surface, and returning is one of Murray's stregths, so won't struggle with getting into his serve. Murray will be fine. Hope we see a bit more clean hitting from the baseline than we did today though

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed 22 Jun 2011, 9:37 pm

Well I think he had the game sussed after the first set that during the pressure moments of the set that Kamke was going to struggle with the pressure.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:39 pm

Murray fans where art thou?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by cats_r_cool Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:43 pm

Aw LK, are you feeling lonely? Hug Sure Andy fans will be around tomorrow when he's playing. You can come play on the Rafa thread in the meantime if you like kiss

Or maybe I shouldn't invite a mod over to see all the silliness Shocked

cats_r_cool

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu 23 Jun 2011, 8:51 pm

laughing Thanks CRC. I might pop over in a while. Thanks

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu 23 Jun 2011, 9:18 pm

I would be very surprised if Andy Murray is beaten by Ljubicic tomorrow. I am going to be confident and go for a straight sets win.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Fri 24 Jun 2011, 9:22 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:I would be very surprised if Andy Murray is beaten by Ljubicic tomorrow. I am going to be confident and go for a straight sets win.

I hope you're right CC !!!

But I think Andy will have to be "in the zone" from the word go or it might turn out to
be a tense 5-setter !

zen zen zen zen zen zen

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Fri 24 Jun 2011, 11:15 am

He will be yummy (in the zone) that is.

So don't worry about hiding behind that sofa of yours thumbsup

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri 24 Jun 2011, 11:39 am

As Greg Rusedski puts it on the BBC site it is the best server V the best returner. Ljubicic relies so much on his serve and so with Murray get a number back as rallies develop then it falls into Murray's far superior array of strokes in his game. In short Ljubicic's game will be found to be a tad too one dimensional to beat Andy Murray.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:16 pm

I shall still zen zen zen until it's over !!!!!!!!

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by MTS1 Fri 24 Jun 2011, 12:48 pm

Come on Andy, I'm off work today and can watch a whole day of Wimbers. Got my picnic all set up, wine chilling, just the Andy win (and Laura/Elena) required......bliss.......

MTS1

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 24 Jun 2011, 2:22 pm

I would set up a picnic myself, but either the wind would blow my hamper away or that damn Yogi Bear will still it!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 24 Jun 2011, 3:14 pm

CaledonianCraig wrote:As Greg Rusedski puts it on the BBC site it is the best server V the best returner. Ljubicic relies so much on his serve and so with Murray get a number back as rallies develop then it falls into Murray's far superior array of strokes in his game. In short Ljubicic's game will be found to be a tad too one dimensional to beat Andy Murray.

Hope you're right Craig.

Ideally, I'd like it to be similar to his game against Kamke. Reasonably routine but not a complete walkover. Andy needs to be stretched a little to keep his mind and reflexes sharp.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 24 Jun 2011, 7:23 pm

mad ANDEEEEEEEEEEE

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next