The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon

+19
dyrewolfe
custart
Solerina
Mad for Chelsea
Magic Milamber
camerajuan
cats_r_cool
pauline1981
Liam_Main
MTS1
I AM AWESOME
lydian
sportslover
dummy_half
noleisthebest
Geosynch
yummymummy
CaledonianCraig
legendkillar
23 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon - Page 4 Empty Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon

Post by legendkillar Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:51 am

First topic message reminder :

Murray fans here we are. Back in the UK, Andy is back home and let's hope that this will be the one. First up is Queens. Murray looks set to lock horns again with Malisse in the second round. I hope he will be able to make it to the final of Queens and hope for a kind draw at Wimbledon. What do we Murray fans expect he will do?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon - Page 4 Empty Re: Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon

Post by legendkillar Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:29 am

Yahoo ANDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon - Page 4 Empty Re: Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:26 am

Looking good for Andy Murray now against a far more dangerous opponent than I presumed. He leads 6-4 4-6 6-1 5-3.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:54 am

Well that was tougher than I expected, Ljubicic played very well, made far less mistakes than I expected, and really climbed into Murray's second serve. Credit to Murray for an excellent tie-break after dropping serve when serving for the match. He seems to be winning more tie-breaks this year, which is good news. First serve precentage was poor in the first two sets but improved afterwards, and I thought he returned really well (5 breaks considering Ljubicic was serving at 70% is excellent).

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:57 am

Ivan Ljubicic played excellently and his serve was great and whilst Andy blew a bit hot and cold it was enough to see him through with sprinklings of Murray magic throughout.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:03 am

Another Murray coaster ride!

Well done Andy and a good performance from Lubi.

Next up Gasquet.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:06 am

Ljubicic played well and at the last 2 Slams has done himself proud. Murray able to find that extra something. 2 days off now and Gasquet up next. Shall be an interesting encounter.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:12 am

Well one thing in Andy's favour is that Gasquet's serve is not such a big weapon as Ljubicic however he owns a dreamy backhand. I'll still back Andy to win perhaps in four sets again.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:24 am

Managed to watch the first half hour and last half hour of Andy's match this evening.....all with the sound off lol.

Go Andy!!!! Yahoo

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:07 pm

Andy Murray's playing at Wimbledon and no one's posted in his pub section for three days!

I should be able to watch the first hour and a half of his match today : )

Go Andeee! Yahoo

Solerina

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:42 pm

My PhD is set to take another slight knock this afternoon with all this tennis going on Doh I'm backing Andy in four, he'll get enough looks at the Gasquet serve to come through. COME ON!!!

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:54 pm

I hope your doing a PhD in tennis MFC!! thumbsup

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:33 am

well I thought it would be harder than that, but after a slightly slow start Andy tightened the screw brilliantly, cruising through the first set tie-break before seriously upping the ante, and breezing through. Great stuff, and easily his best match of the tournament so far!

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:35 am

A mightily impressive performance by Andy Murray blowing away Richard Gasquet in straight sets. Remember this is a player in the past that has pushed Andy to the brink twice in previous Grand Slams but not today. This is a Richard Gasquet in a better place mentally if reports are to be believed and destined for a top ten ranking soon so the fact Andy won so convincingly tells me he is in very good form going into the latter stages here.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:39 am

andy you did tour best

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:42 am

Of what I saw, there was some good stuff played on both sides. The first set and TB was the key, after which Andy just asserted his dominance.

No breaks of the Murray serve and only 2 break points, despite him not getting a great % of first serves in (at least for the first set and a bit - was at 57%, but not sure whether that improved).

Very encouraging that he now has probably Kubot in the QF while it looks like Rafa will have a much harder match against Berdych.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:46 am

andy needs a miracle

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:32 am

Are you really as stupid as you make yourself out to be *Pauline*
or are you just and hang-over from 606 ?

Does the phrase "Anyone But Engerland" ring any bells ?

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:34 am

Yummy. Pauline has been asked not to express her opinions on these matters on the "fan threads" - though she is as entitled to her opinions on the general tennis threads as you are.

You are not, however allowed to refer to other members as "stupid". Please refrain

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:47 am

A rather tongue-in-cheek article written in the Daily Mirror today on how Andy can triumph by Neil McLeman:

Today

Murray sees off the latest Wimbledon wheeze to hamper his bid by beating Frenchman Richard Gasquet after his 1pm start on the hottest day of the year. The Scot wears a jumpsuit and balaclava to avoid heat stroke. After Brian Moore cheered him on to victory on Friday, Will Carling joins his growing band of supporters.

Tomorrow

During an Aorangi Park training session, Murray proves he is also Scotland's most talented footballer during a game of head tennis. Returns home to deepest Surrey and sits back to watch more vintage horror movies - the World Cup nightmare videos of Scotland v Peru 1978, Scotland v Costa Rica 1990 and Scotland v Morocco 1998.

Wednesday

Murray upsets his mother Judy by knocking out sexy Spanish senor Feliciano Lopez - or "Deliciano" as he has been dubbed - in the quarter-finals. Along with Moore and Carling, Steven Fry joins the Tartan Army and paints a Saltire on his face.

Thursday

]Murray takes the lead again, only this time by taking his beloved dog Maggie for a long walk. The Scot finally triumphs at Wimbledon, but only on his PlayStation. Then he watches Braveheart for inspiration ahead of the match of his life the following day when he has the small matter of SW19 legend and the defending champion Rafa Nadal to take care of.

Friday

Murray outmuscles the Spaniard in a bruising semi-final and sparks amazing scenes as he becomes the first British male Wimbledon finalist since 1938. Jimmy Hill leads the Mexican wave around Centre Court - and then claims it was the best finish since David Narey's stunning strike against Brazil in 1982.

Saturday

During his pre-match press conference, the BBC asks Murray for the 55th time in the fortnight if he can handle the pressure of playing in his home Grand Slam. Back home to watch his friend David Haye knockout Wladimir klitschko in the first leg of a famous British sporting win double weekend.

Sunday

Murray beats Roger Federer, the greatest male player of all time, in the Wimbledon final to emulate Fred Perry from the 1930s. A knighthood and freedom of Dunblane will surely follow. Maggie Thatcher leads the conga-style celebrations around Centre Court. Murray climbs through the crowd, who think he is going to kiss girlfriend kim and mum Judy but really he is after a bag of his beloved Percy Pigs which his tournament diet has denied him for weeks.

Well I really hope Murray can do it!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:54 am

appletini

To Murray Duty281 Very Happy

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:00 am

yummymummy wrote:Are you really as stupid as you make yourself out to be *Pauline*

tennis a load of balls

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:03 am

pauline1981 wrote:
yummymummy wrote:Are you really as stupid as you make yourself out to be *Pauline*

tennis a load of balls

Yes - mainly big yellow fluffly ones (for the 1st 7 games) and after that they deteriorate at
a vast rate of knots.

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:19 am

they get thriugh a lot of balls

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by yummymummy Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:25 am

Well they shouldn't hit them so hard then Whistle

yummymummy

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:34 am

i was a ball girl15 years ago on centre coart

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:43 am

Next up for Murray is Lopez. Be interesting to see who gets Centre Court and who doesn't.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:47 am

pauline1981 wrote:i was a ball girl15 years ago on centre coart

A ball girl, how charming!! Pauline, will you marry me today??
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:51 am

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:
pauline1981 wrote:i was a ball girl15 years ago on centre coart

A ball girl, how charming!! Pauline, will you marry me today??

Great idea, and why don't you elope with her once married Laugh

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:59 am

It's clear that Pauline and me will chose a VERY well connected place where we can contribute to the forum with ease. BOO BOO you are just a jealous guy BOO BOO where is emancipator when you need him..... ghost
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:06 am

Jeremy_Kyle wrote:It's clear that Pauline and me will chose a VERY well connected place where we can contribute to the forum with ease. BOO BOO you are just a jealous guy BOO BOO where is emancipator when you need him..... ghost

Make him the best man and take him for company as well Wink

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:12 am

I may well choose "Deliciano" Lopez instead...... 🤦

oh gosh what a shame ......
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:17 am

Guys stay on topic please.

Thanks

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremy_Kyle Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:27 am

And you tell me where I can speak freely with my friend BOO and much much more importantly why Pauline she doesn't talk to me. Someteimes I think it's such a harsh world out there Cry
Jeremy_Kyle
Jeremy_Kyle

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:34 am

PM's thumbsup

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:58 am

Andy Murray is SECOND on Centre Court tomorrow after Roger Federer's QF. Go on Muzza, do it for Britannia!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:39 am

Good ole LK is now on Twitter following Murray and others. Can't wait to see what they have to say on the morning of a big game.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:20 am

Things have fallen nicely into place for Andy for this quarter-final match-up. He put in a morale boosting win over Gasquet in straight sets to conserve energy whilst his opponent tomorrow unseeded Feliciano Lopez had a marathon match running well over four hours in oppressive conditions to win in five sets. To add to that fatigue he has also been playing in doubles matches. Surely, this will play against Lopez tomorrow? A win for Andy tomorrow in three or four sets at the most.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:25 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:Things have fallen nicely into place for Andy for this quarter-final match-up. He put in a morale boosting win over Gasquet in straight sets to conserve energy whilst his opponent tomorrow unseeded Feliciano Lopez had a marathon match running well over four hours in oppressive conditions to win in five sets. To add to that fatigue he has also been playing in doubles matches. Surely, this will play against Lopez tomorrow? A win for Andy tomorrow in three or four sets at the most.

Let's hope so but it doesn't always go the way we think or hope, Gasquet was supposed to be a difficult one but.......!

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:31 am

Also four previous meetings between the two and Andy has won them all. Face it if he can't beat the world No.44 then he wasn't going to win the tournament anyway.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:38 am

CaledonianCraig wrote:Also four previous meetings between the two and Andy has won them all. Face it if he can't beat the world No.44 then he wasn't going to win the tournament anyway.

No I would expect him to win but possibly not in straight sets like a lot of people are predicting - but who knows.

As for winning the tournament this should be the easiest match left to play and like you say if is to get there then it's a must.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:43 am

A lot depends on the first set. If Andy wins it it will knock the stuffing out of Lopez and the fatigue factor should really kick in. If Lopez wins the first set I won't panic as I'd still expect Murray to win through. For me the only way Lopez will win tomorrow is in straight sets.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:05 am

Murray cruising through then, served well, returned well, hit the ball well, everything good really and a potentially dangerous opponent easily dispatched. Doesn't seem too worried about the twinge he seemed to pick up at the end there, so all good news really. Now onto the semis!

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:31 am

A win for Andy without any real dramas apart from the injury scare late on. Andy never had to get out of second gear today and the most impressive thing was he maintained his focus/concentration. Not long ago he would have thrown a sloppy set in there to give his opponent a lift but not today. Very secure. He'll need to go up a gear or three against Rafa though but Mardy Fish showed that winning setys against him isn't impossible.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:24 am

Nadal is looking a bit weak on the BH side. I think that needs to be Murray's target of attack if he is to win. Nadal not looking like the force of 2010. He is prone to more UE's it seems. Be a cracking match.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:42 am

Murray fans not long now. I would imagine it is another 24 hours before our hero takes to the court. I shall have to check Twitter to see what he is up to.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:44 am

Yeah second on court tomorrow so should be 4ish. Go on Muzza - all of Britannia is willing you forward! Win in 5 I think for Murray and the greatest match of the tournament.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:46 am

If Murray beat Rafa in 5 or 3 would be the biggest turning point in the mens game and would certainly cut the top 4 off from the rest of the field. I would love to see him lifting that trophy come Sunday.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:10 am

legendkillar wrote:If Murray beat Rafa in 5 or 3 would be the biggest turning point in the mens game and would certainly cut the top 4 off from the rest of the field. I would love to see him lifting that trophy come Sunday.

You and millions of others around the globe legend thumbsup

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 am

Murray is chilling out watching mock the week. Apparently Darren Cahill popped his calf in a legends match. Ouch.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Andy Murray Back Home On The Lovely Green Stuff....Queens & Wimbledon - Page 4 Empty Wimbledon 2011's Defining Moment

Post by thistle_whistle Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:17 am

Each year at SW19 there is an "story", which quite rightly fuels the Wimbledon legend and sets it apart from the other three slams.
Last year it was record breaking Isner/Mahut match, in '85 it was a 17 year old Boris Becker, in '01 a wild card won it on his 4th attempt, in '08 the Nadal/Federer final, Borg/McEnroe in '80 and even Pat Cash's victory in '87 which allowed him not only to hold the golden trophy aloft but to pass judgement on vastly superior players ever since!
The idiosyncrasies of the grass court slam have maintained this tournament as the tennis players' greatest goal , while other UK developed sports, once adopted abroad, have taken their show case event with them .
This year Tomic has filled some copy and Tsonga beating Federer has allowed Pimms soaked correspondents an easy article, but as yet, Wimbledon 2011 has yet to experience its defining moment...let's just hope it's a British champion sponsored by RBS.... god knows they owe us that.

thistle_whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next