The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England 2019 Six Nations Discussion Thread

+48
SecretFly
majesticimperialman
Taylorman
Presuming Ed
Cyril
dummy_half
Fluxy
Barney McGrew did it
Sgt_Pooly
El Radar
EnglishReign
BigTrevsbigmac
bluestonevedder
johnpartle
stub
RDW
Irish Londoner
munkian
Pie
Scottrf
Exiledinborders
Yoda
mzan
mikey_dragon
Gooseberry
alcoombe
formerly known as Sam
carpet baboon
Poorfour
Collapse2005
propdavid_london
robbo277
Mr Bounce
yappysnap
hugehandoff
king_carlos
Geordie
rodders
TightHEAD
Sharkey06
Rugby Fan
BamBam
WELL-PAST-IT
Cumbrian
compelling and rich
lostinwales
No 7&1/2
LondonTiger
52 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

England 2019 Six Nations Discussion Thread - Page 12 Empty England 2019 Six Nations Discussion Thread

Post by LondonTiger Mon 14 Jan 2019, 12:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fixtures

Ireland (a)
Saturday 2nd Feb, 16:45 - ITV

Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)
Assistant 1: Romain Poite (France)
Assistant 2: Alexandre Ruiz (France)
TMO: Glenn Newman (New Zealand)

France (h)
Sunday 10th Feb, 15:00 - ITV

Referee: Nigel Owens (Wales)
Assistant 1: Andrew Brace (Ireland)
Assistant 2: Brendon Pickerill (New Zealand)
TMO: Glenn Newman (New Zealand)

Wales (a)
Saturday 23rd Feb, 16:45 - BBC

Referee: Jaco Peyper (South Africa)
Assistant 1: Jérôme Garcès (France)
Assistant 2: Alexandre Ruiz (France)
TMO: Simon McDowell (Ireland)

Italy (h)
Saturday 9th March, 16:45 - ITV

Referee: Nic Berry (Australia)
Assistant 1: Paul Williams (New Zealand)
Assistant 2: Andrew Brace (Ireland)
TMO: Simon McDowell (Ireland)

Scotland (h)
Saturday 16th March, 17:00 - ITV

Referee: Paul Williams (New Zealand)
Assistant 1: Jérôme Garcès (France)
Assistant 2: Federico Anselmi (Argentina)
TMO: Ben Skeen (New Zealand)

Squad

For First & Second Tests:

Forwards
Jack Clifford (Harlequins), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks), Ben Earl (Saracens) *, Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers), Jamie George (Saracens), Nathan Hughes (Wasps), Maro Itoje  Nick Isiekwe (Saracens), George Kruis (Saracens), Joe Launchbury (Wasps), Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints), Ben Moon (Exeter Chiefs), Brad Shields (Wasps), Kyle Sinckler (Harlequins), Jack Singleton (Worcester Warriors) *, Billy Vunipola (Saracens), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs), Mark Wilson (Newcastle Falcons)
Backs
Chris Ashton (Sale Sharks), Mike Brown (Harlequins), Joe Cokanasiga (Bath Rugby), Elliot Daly (Wasps), Ollie Devoto (Exeter Chiefs), Owen Farrell (Saracens) captain, George Ford (Leicester Tigers), Jonny May (Leicester Tigers), Jack Nowell (Exeter Chiefs), Dan Robson (Wasps) *, Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs), Ben Te’o (Worcester Warriors), Ollie Thorley (Gloucester Rugby) *, Manu Tuilagi (Leicester Tigers), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers)

*Uncapped

Players unavailable due to injury:  Piers Francis (Northampton Saints), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins), Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby).

Last edited by LondonTiger on Tue 05 Feb 2019, 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

England 2019 Six Nations Discussion Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: England 2019 Six Nations Discussion Thread

Post by yappysnap Sat 02 Mar 2019, 4:19 am

Welp thats another thread derailed.

Mods, you asjed about what we want from this site? Well perhaps being able to have threads that aren't taken over by certain posters.

Notice that since Miaow and others have come on here the interaction from the England fans has gone right down. No one can be bothered to argue with his long condescending posts, add in the usual silly comments from others and it becomes more effort then its worth.

Shame as up until this point it was a good thread too.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

England 2019 Six Nations Discussion Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: England 2019 Six Nations Discussion Thread

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 02 Mar 2019, 6:35 am

It's hard for anyone to really put their hands up against teams like Italy more likely they take a knocking no matter what. I do think it's a game where Robson and Cokanasiga should get a lot of game time though. Easy win beckons to get momentum back for Scotland who will hopefully be coming off a win themselves. We can dream.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 02 Mar 2019, 8:32 am

Players can make a case for themselves so long as the changes made to the team are not wholesale.

So let's see how Robson goes alongside the first choice midfield for example, rather than putting him alongside a Ford, Te'o, Daly midfield.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 02 Mar 2019, 9:39 am

Do you expect those changes? I hope they're kept to a minimum but I wouldn't mind seeing Robson and Genge start.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 02 Mar 2019, 9:40 am

Part of me wonders if Daly should be dropped too. Jones has done it in the past with other players who have critical weaknesses that need working on, but I guess Jones rates his strengths over those weaknesses.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Sat 02 Mar 2019, 10:19 am

Surely now is the time to experiment a little with fringe players. These games should be used as world Cup preparation games with hard opposition hopefully asking us plenty of questions. As for the Welsh wums just do what everyone else does and skip them. It does take along time to skip past miow posts but they are easily ignored.

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 02 Mar 2019, 9:21 pm

Willis has been back 2 weeks, comes off the bench after 5 mins or so today and was simply brilliant.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 02 Mar 2019, 9:28 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Willis has been back 2 weeks come a off the bench after 5 mins or so today and was simply brilliant.

I honestly barely noticed him. From my seat Rowland looked prominent, but felt Thompson had more impact on the game than his opponent.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 02 Mar 2019, 9:38 pm

Anything good at the ruck and it was Willis. Really good carrying too. Ridiculous after 9 months off. I can only suggest a 2nd viewing if you recorded it and I'm sure you'll re-evaluate.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Pie Sun 03 Mar 2019, 6:12 am

I think it would be a mistake to drop anyone for this match better to send the signal that you are now in the considered for 'Italy as opposition cadre' and you probably dont want to be picked so best make recompense pdq.

Pie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 03 Mar 2019, 9:15 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Anything good at the ruck and it was Willis. Really good carrying too. Ridiculous after 9 months off. I can only suggest a 2nd viewing if you recorded it and I'm sure you'll re-evaluate.

Not even I am masochistic enough to watch that dire tripe again.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sun 03 Mar 2019, 10:00 am

From the form of the last few weeks, another name to put in the hat is Lewis Ludlam. He seems to be unable to do anything wrong at the moment, 6'4", 17 stone very much the same build as all the other young tyros, excellent in the tackle and a good jackler, saved Saints a couple of times yesterday from an even heavier defeat by tackling ad jackling. Captain for the day as well. He is keeping Gibson/Wood and Brussow out of the team at the moment
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Yoda Sun 03 Mar 2019, 10:22 am

Yes Willis and Ludlow look quality as does Dingwall at saints. England's problem is consistently turning the talent into a hardened international team.

Anyway back to Italy match Robson Ford to start? Or Robson farrell teo to give squad a run. Hopefully see Harry Williams and the baby rhino as well as lcd for longer as we need them tested. Italy will have a decent back row available so not too much tinkering there I hope. Finally a bit of big Joe running around should hopefully allow us to bring something different tactically?

Yoda

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sun 03 Mar 2019, 11:07 am

I would like to see both Sinkler and Genge on the field at the start of a match, just to see how they go together against a team not already tired out. We have lost our two mobile athletic locks in Itoje and Lawes, so we are likely to start with Kruis and Launchbury, we will need some on Sinkler's tackling as they are not the most mobile locks around and tend to do their work close in to the breakdown.

Robson needs a good run just to get used to what ever 10 is playing under match conditions, I would start with Farrell and then swap at half time for Ford. Teo and Slade in the centres and then bring Manu on at 13 just to see how the big boys operate together, or be brave and experiment a bit, Daly 13 Thorley at 15. His running could be devastating verses Italy. Give May another week to heal, we have plenty of wingers who can do the job for Italy, Big Joe and Little Jack are fine.

Back row is best left alone in the absence of any other standout flankers, give Shields a full run out possibly with Wilson on the bench as cover across the whole back row,

WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 03 Mar 2019, 3:17 pm

Ha. It was a bit drab at times LT. I'm more thinking this game is setting up vs Scotland. What will Jones want for that. The big guys fit and curry chomping at the bit. I can see tuilagi and curry being rested due to that.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 03 Mar 2019, 4:41 pm

I think I lean more towards wholesale changes for the Italy game and a rotated team for the Scotland game. So start Robson, Ford, Te'o, Cokanasiga in the backs and Genge, Cowan-Dickie and Shields in the pack, then possibly 1 or 2 if them to retain their places for the Scotland game to give them a run out in a proper team

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 03 Mar 2019, 6:26 pm

I can see the point for some changes, particularly in starting guys (like Genge) who have been bench warming for most of the championship, but I don't want to see too many changes unless you can guarantee the replacements will give us a 40 point victory.

It is hard with the likes of Italy to avoid the dogfight, but it would be nice to make a statement

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun 03 Mar 2019, 6:59 pm

Can't guarantee that the first team will give us a 40 point win. Ireland had a pretty stacked team and didn't beat them by that many. But at home I think even with 10 changes I'd expect a bonus point victory.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 03 Mar 2019, 7:46 pm

I would not like to see too may changes against Italy. They played some good running rugby against Ireland. Maybe Mike Brown for Dailey, Teo for Manu, Robson for Youngs.

Would like too see the subs come on earlier give every one some quality time.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12