The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate

+44
Rowley
Raymond
sweet_pea
Sir. badgerhands
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
eddyfightfan
AberdeenSteve
Michaels, Sean
Rodney
The Galveston Giant
TRUSSMAN66
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
HumanWindmill
coxy0001
NoMasDinero
skidd1
Colonial Lion
Lumbering_Jack
onestepbeyond
88Chris05
GeoffSnapes
Scottrf
OSH ( Old Stone Hands )
Silver
BoxingFan88
samevans1
ADMIN
Shantel Jackson Boyfriend
Jamson
IronFistCliveMyers
ArchBritishchris
Imperial Ghosty
Cheikitout
swedish chef
BALTIMORA
azania
Enforcer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
oxring
Youarethegreatest
Adam D
Bob
RocketAce
D4thincarnation
48 posters

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Who wins and how?

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 7 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_lcap48%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 14 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_lcap10%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Empty The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate

Post by D4thincarnation Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

It is an issue that polarises the sport, and get the most headlines. It is because the are opposites in the the ring and out.

Inside the ring Mayweather is a defensive fighter, safety first, whilst Manny is an attacking fighting that brings the excitement. Outside the ring Manny is well liked, humble happy and at peace, whilst Mayweather seems angry brash, arrogant, mentally troubled and problems with the law.

It is no surprise since they seem to be polar opposites that they split opinion.

In this thread I would like to discuss how there careers match up and who would win should they eventually face each other in the ring.

Last edited by Hobo on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a poll to the discussion)

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate

Post by OSH ( Old Stone Hands ) Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:32 pm

I personally think what D4 says is of course true about them being totally different fighters and men.

Who would win though ?? I dont have a clue thats why i want them to get it on so bad!!!

Manny can certainly beat Floyd and Vice versa , i just hope we get to see it this or next yr....or ever !!!

Two great fighters but its plain to see only one of them is a great man.

OSH ( Old Stone Hands )

Back to top Go down

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Empty Re: The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate

Post by D4thincarnation Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Good to see you over here OSH.

Floyd 34 now if he doesn't step up this year he never will. I never though Floyd would take but i'm still hopeful it could happen.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by OSH ( Old Stone Hands ) Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:42 pm

Cheers D4 Im hopeful it will happen myself , its the biggest fight out there...full stop!

I think once Floyd gets his head together he will take the fight , i dont go along with him being a ducker for boxing reasons tho. As i said i just think he has issues and problems he needs to deal with

I think Manny can def beat him though imo , but then again i think Floyd can beat Manny so its very intriguing ...just hope they make it happen

OSH ( Old Stone Hands )

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Welcome OSH, good to see you got your account sorted.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:10 am

I'd be supporting Manny if this fight ever happened, but I feel Mayweather would win a comfortable UD. He may have a few early scares, but will out think Pacquaio. I don't think Manny has a plan B when things aren't going his way. 2 great fighters non the less.
Boxing Challenges

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:01 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/mar/01/floyd-mayweather-manny-pacquiao

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:13 pm

Let's hope it's true!!!

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:15 pm

Gotta say it seems fairly unlikely, South Africa less than 2 months after Mosley.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by samevans1 Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:18 pm

Unfortunately, the attack loses all credibility when you read the final paragraph!

samevans1

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:26 pm

Is is Mandela's birthday wish to see Floyd KTFO?

Floyd is still scared, and unless he finds himself in financial trouble this fight will not happen.

Lets hope Josie takes out a civil case against him too. thumbsup

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:40 pm

If Mayweather and Pacquiao fight in South Africa in July, I'll shave my head, convert to Judaism, streak around my local pub, throw away my Nottingham Forest shirt for a Derby County one, go and watch that film they've made about Justin Bieber, drink ten pints of milk that are ten years out of date and start liking James Corden.

In short, it won't happen.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:55 pm

Maybe team Mayweather and calling this date out because they know Manny won't accept this date, being so after the Mosley fight.

Seems that Mayweather has learned from Wlad

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:49 pm

For Flip's sake D4, you regurgitated this same argument countless times on the old 606, in-between those instances when you were proven to have been talking at best rubbish and at worst absolute lies. Get a new Bar Steward hobby, will you? Boring hell.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:04 pm

We could be in for some great telly if Mayweather does his ring entrance with 50 Cent and Nelson Mandela on segways.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Empty pacquiao vs mayweather 2011

Post by onestepbeyond Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Does anyone think this fight will ever happen? It would be a travesty if it didnt. What would be your prediction? Personally I think pacman is far superior in terms of technical ability. Mayweather is a knob who is running scared and knows his reputation will be in tatters when he loses, hence he will do anything (insist on drugs tests) to ensure the fight never happens.

onestepbeyond

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:13 pm

Manny is an ATG ducker. He will duck the fight with Floyd again.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:16 pm

Cripes. Has this been debated before? Doh

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:16 pm

The drug test were just a smokescreen to avoid the fight, Floyd is scared and will not take the fight unless his money dries up.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:20 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:The drug test were just a smokescreen to avoid the fight, Floyd is scared and will not take the fight unless his money dries up.

Lord have mercy.

So why didn't Manny call his bluff? Just curious like.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonial Lion Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:21 pm

I dont believe its a fight that interests Pacquiao or his team. Pacquiao deviates everything to his promoters and management who have shown they are more interested in fighting leftovers than threats.

The only way you will see Mayweather v Pacquiao I fear is if Mayweather is beaten by somebody else first.

Pacquiao has been one of the great examples of the modern manufactured career plotted by greedy promoters that have no interest in serving the fans quality.

Say what you will about King, but at least he listened to the fans.

Colonial Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Manny is a coward, he never wanted to fight Floyd.

He would rather feast on shot fighters.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by skidd1 Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:23 pm

Wont happen
Manny or more likely Roach got the mood wrong with the drug tests refusal
Fight means very little now and Floyd is for me retired .Again

skidd1

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:24 pm

The site layout is pretty poor. Not a patch on 606...

Much like Tommy Hearns son, not a patch on the real thing.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:25 pm

onestepbeyond wrote: Personally I think pacman is far superior in terms of technical ability.

And on that note, I'll make the very understandable decision not to give this article a serious response.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:27 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
onestepbeyond wrote: Personally I think pacman is far superior in terms of technical ability.

And on that note, I'll make the very understandable decision not to give this article a serious response.

looool. I read that twice and thought it a joke then.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

Manny has much better technique when throwing punches than Floyd does.

Floyd is a better spoiler.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by onestepbeyond Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:29 pm

Floyd never intended to take the fight. He used the drugs test to question manny's integrity and insult one of the greatest...no respect. He has tried to come out of it looking like the good guy who wanted it to happen and to make manny look bad for refusing it at the same time. All part of an engineered plot by his backroom to keep his reputation in tact as we all know what the outcome of the fight would have been

onestepbeyond

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:32 pm

onestepbeyond wrote:Floyd never intended to take the fight. He used the drugs test to question manny's integrity and insult one of the greatest...no respect. He has tried to come out of it looking like the good guy who wanted it to happen and to make manny look bad for refusing it at the same time. All part of an engineered plot by his backroom to keep his reputation in tact as we all know what the outcome of the fight would have been

And you know this? how?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:33 pm

The fact is Manny and Floyd agreed on the test in June last year and then Floyd denied negotiations took place and said he wanted to a vacation for a year or two?

Make of that what you will.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by skidd1 Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:37 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:The fact is Manny and Floyd agreed on the test in June last year and then Floyd denied negotiations took place and said he wanted to a vacation for a year or two?

Make of that what you will.

That is how i see it as well
Floyd doesn't want the fight

skidd1

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:40 pm

Perhaps you can explain why Manny didn't agree to RANDOM tests when first asked? And why the excuses?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:40 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Dear, dear me.

Floyd, the greatest tactition of his era is a spoiler. Wow

Slug

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:43 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Dear, dear me.

Floyd, the greatest tactition of his era is a spoiler. Wow

Slug

I've certainly had a laugh this evening.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:53 pm

Spoiling = stopping your opponent for boxing, often by bending or breaking the rules.

Floyd does this better than Pacquiao.

Does anyone really disagree.

Manny uses his boxing skills to beat his opponents, he doesn't need to break the rules to win.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:55 pm

So you reckon Floyd wins by spoiling? OK D4. I'm hearing it all now. I suppose Cotto was at his peak at 145 and ODLH was at peak fitness when he fought Manny.

Also a 40 year old SSM is the new benjamin button also.

I'm leaving this thread before the comedy value wears off.

azania

Back to top Go down

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 3 Empty Floyd Mayweather Dirty Tactics and Tricks

Post by D4thincarnation Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:00 pm

Floyd Mayweather used a lot of dirty tactics in his fights. He relies on these tricks because his boxing ability has flaws.

Some people think he is a pure boxer an pugilist, he far from that.

Ok first up we have the "forearm choke", as in the Hatton fight and other, we have seen use this maneuverer in clinches.

Floyd to stop his opponent from working on the inside would initiate the clinch, hold with one arm while using the free forearm and pushing it up into his opponent's throat. These clinches slow the fight down and the forearm in the throat looks to choke his opponent and sap their energy.

Next up we have Mayweather straight right, many think this is a great pure punch by Mayweather but watch what he does when he throws it.

Most of the time he throws it it a counter, leans back to avoid the shot then throws the right, lands it then the follow through tying his opponent up with the free arm, stopping the action.

It is just a hit and hold technique, not pure boxing now is it?

Ducking under the belt line, Mayweather does do this though he hasn't that much in his recent fights, not really queensberry now. This also just show the the back of his head to his opponent, and even if a glancing blow catches him he makes the most of it.

Mayweather can also turn his back on opponents when the punches are flying. This is one thing the referees should crack down.

You should be facing your opponent at all times, when a fighter is starts doing this he is just running trying to stop the action not good for the fans and it is not boxing.

Floyd uses spoiling tactics as apart of his fight game, is there any other spoiling tactics of his that I have missed out?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:05 pm

D4 please dont spam the board. This could easily have been added onto the current thread.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:08 pm

This was posted on the old 606...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 pm

azania wrote:D4 please dont spam the board. This could easily have been added onto the current thread.

Yes the other topic did drift towards this but this subject is different from the other topics on the board.

This is discussing Floyd's style and the tactics he used and if they are legal no other thread has focused on this.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:12 pm

I'll let it go but dont start talking about Floyd's hairstyle etc.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:12 pm

azania wrote:I'll let it go but dont start talking about Floyd's hairstyle etc.

Not much to talk about

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:24 pm

This is the SAME old cr@p as before!!!

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:25 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
Not much to talk about
He has you there. Do you prefer Pacquiao's sleek windswept look?

How do you feel about his little beard?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:29 pm

Scottrf wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
Not much to talk about
He has you there. Do you prefer Pacquiao's sleek windswept look?

How do you feel about his little beard?

A lot of people thought Pacquiao's new look was based on Justin Beiber but Manny insists it is a homage to Bruce Lee, but lets not get of topic. Whistle

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:30 pm

Manny is full of juice.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:33 pm

D4, draw back your bow,
And let your arrow go,
Right through your Manny's heart ,
for me.

D4, give us a rest
D4, is becoming a pest
(repeat Article subject and ad-lib to fade)

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:33 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Manny is full of juice.

This thread is not about Manny, it is to focus on Floyd's style, his habits and his tactics, do you wish to comment on the views I have put in the original article.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:35 pm

"

Oh dear.

Mayweather is a far better technical fighter than manny. Manny brings the offensive speed, volume punching and high workrate. Mayweather brings the punching accuracy, lateral movement, defensive skills and ring generalship. I'd back mayweather to outbox manny over 12 rounds, although it may take him the first 4 rounds to get to grips with manny.

I actually think the fight will happen, provided mayweather stays out of jail. Probably 2012 rather than 2011 though.

That's all I'm saying on the matter, this subject always descends it the same repetetive drivel.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:35 pm

This is a new topic on this site I believe?

You are right D4 but they are all minor infringements, and turning his back he's done once?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:38 pm

Manny is far worse.

His double punch against Clottey was disgraceful.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 18  Next