The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate

+44
Rowley
Raymond
sweet_pea
Sir. badgerhands
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
eddyfightfan
AberdeenSteve
Michaels, Sean
Rodney
The Galveston Giant
TRUSSMAN66
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
HumanWindmill
coxy0001
NoMasDinero
skidd1
Colonial Lion
Lumbering_Jack
onestepbeyond
88Chris05
GeoffSnapes
Scottrf
OSH ( Old Stone Hands )
Silver
BoxingFan88
samevans1
ADMIN
Shantel Jackson Boyfriend
Jamson
IronFistCliveMyers
ArchBritishchris
Imperial Ghosty
Cheikitout
swedish chef
BALTIMORA
azania
Enforcer
Sugar Boy Sweetie
oxring
Youarethegreatest
Adam D
Bob
RocketAce
D4thincarnation
48 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Who wins and how?

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_lcap10%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_lcap24%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 7 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_lcap0%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_lcap48%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_rcap 48% 
[ 14 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_lcap10%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 3 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_lcap3%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]
The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_lcap3%The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 29

Poll closed

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Empty The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate

Post by D4thincarnation Wed 16 Feb 2011, 7:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

It is an issue that polarises the sport, and get the most headlines. It is because the are opposites in the the ring and out.

Inside the ring Mayweather is a defensive fighter, safety first, whilst Manny is an attacking fighting that brings the excitement. Outside the ring Manny is well liked, humble happy and at peace, whilst Mayweather seems angry brash, arrogant, mentally troubled and problems with the law.

It is no surprise since they seem to be polar opposites that they split opinion.

In this thread I would like to discuss how there careers match up and who would win should they eventually face each other in the ring.

Last edited by Hobo on Wed 30 Mar 2011, 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a poll to the discussion)

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 15 Mar 2011, 4:56 pm

Styles makes fights that why

Marquez is a counter puncher and so is Mayweather, albeit a bigger and better one, what part of that can't you grasp?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate - Page 9 Empty Re: The Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:12 pm

imperialghosty wrote:Styles makes fights that why

Marquez is a counter puncher and so is Mayweather, albeit a bigger and better one, what part of that can't you grasp?

You really think Marquez and Mayweather have the same style?

Are you not ignoring the weight issue?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:15 pm

What weight issue? The fight between the two doesn't enter into my thinking when considering Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Marquez is a counter puncher who gave Pacquiao all kinds of problems

Mayweather is a counter puncher who is quicker, more powerful, better defensively and an all round better fighter..

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:19 pm

imperialghosty wrote:What weight issue? The fight between the two doesn't enter into my thinking when considering Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Mayweather is a counter puncher who is quicker, more powerful, better defensively and an all round better fighter..

Marquez paid for all those counter punches, Mayweather will pay also. Marquez was willing to trade to land his punches also, is Mayweather?

Pacquiao has improved a lot since then, Pacquiao is also bigger and stronger.

When Mayweather fought Marquez he just fought and older and fatter and slower version that faced Pacquiao.

Marquez doesn't do well against counter punchers.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:24 pm

I don't know why you keep mentioning Marquez vs Mayweather as i've yet to do so but keep your vitriol coming

Pacquiao has improved so much seen then he's only fought guys who come forward with very little technical ability

Mayweather may pay but having watched all his fights since dethroning Hernandez he just doesn't get hit that much, he had Chavez throwing over a 100 punches and still was getting with very few and outbrawled the brawler. Mayweather is bigger and stronger than Marquez is and you can be sure that if Mayweather feels the way to win is to trade then that's what he'll do. He would land more than Pacquiao either way.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:30 pm

Yeah Cotto has very little technical, shame on you for saying such a thing.

Did you see Mayweather vs, Castillo 1, vs Chavez, vs Judah. He does get hit and Pacquiao is a much much better fighter than any of those 3.

Toe to toe nobody beat Pacquiao he has excelent eyes.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:36 pm

Haha your such an idiot

You repeat the same things over and over again, Castillo hit more than usual but I think the fact Mayweather had one arm to use is a fairly legitimate excuse, the immediate rematch showed a better reflection.

As for Judah he landed a total of 84 punches in 12 rounds, thats really impressive and Chavez despite going hell for leather also landed very few

Whereas the brilliance that is Pacquiao got hit at will by Clottey and hit more by Margarito than any opponent ever hit Mayweather

Pacquiao doesn't have the defensive skill to beat Mayweather in a tear up

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:42 pm

Nothing wrong with Mayweather's arm he was punching with it and it never showed he had any problem with it in the fight.

Punches landed to punches recieved Manny out scored Mayweather in both the Clottey and Margarito fights compared with Mayweather's fight with Mosley.

Pacquiao is a great counter puncher, best footwork in the game,constant head movement and a tight double gaurd.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 15 Mar 2011, 5:50 pm

If the fights backed up the rubbish your saying I may take notice of your opinion but seeing as they don't i'll treat your opinion as such

Pacquiao is not a great counter puncher, a great counter puncher doesn't get hit at will by Clottey while being unable to penetrate a basic high guard. His defensive skills are poor at best and the more you try to say the opposite the more you show yourself up Smile

Also strange how Mayweather was 24% up against Mosley whereas Pacquiao was 16% up against Margarito but 7% down against Clottey, better luck next time :P

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:01 pm

You do realise counter punching is about throwing and landing your punch when your opponent has/is throwing there's so there is a gap in there defence?

Pacquiao is great at this. His right hook counter will neutralise Mayweather's jab and left hand alltogether.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:05 pm

Yeah but thats not what Pacquiao does, he goes hell for leather with little emphasise on defence

I'll take that as game set and match for myself Very Happy
Getting bored of owning you now

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:08 pm

imperialghosty wrote:Yeah but thats not what Pacquiao does, he goes hell for leather with little emphasise on defence

I'll take that as game set and match for myself Very Happy
Getting bored of owning you now

You really think Pacquiao fights like that, maybe to the untrained eye, but Pacquiao is a thinking boxer and exploits the flaws of his opponent.

He will test the waters and notice habits then take advantage of that.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:15 pm

I can't believe this absolute Kumquat is allowed to persistently and repeatedly pollute threads by turning them into a debate about the object of his affections. I thought this site was going to he an improvement over the old 606, given that Shantel has been banned already-I took that as a sign that the mods were taking a no-nonsense stance on the constant wumming and regurgitated gripe, but it seems not. Poor show.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:29 pm

This thread is clearly marked the Mayweather vs Pacquiao Debate. So come on here knowing what to expect then complain about it?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:32 pm

D4 if it was within the rules of the board I'd wish you a slow painful demise. Stop acting innocent. You do the same thing thread after thread.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:32 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
imperialghosty wrote:What weight issue? The fight between the two doesn't enter into my thinking when considering Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Marquez paid for all those counter punches, Mayweather will pay also. Marquez was willing to trade to land his punches also, is Mayweather?

When Mayweather fought Marquez he just fought and older and fatter and slower version that faced Pacquiao.

So I'm sure you will agree that when Pac fights SSM he will be fighting an older and more shop-worn version of the man Floyd destroyed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:35 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:D4 if it was within the rules of the board I'd wish you a slow painful demise. Stop acting innocent. You do the same thing thread after thread.

Well at least my post are about boxing rather than talking about another poster 24/7

This thread is labeled Mayweather vs Pacquiao, written by D4thincarnation and yets you come on here to complain that I'm talking about Mayweather or Pacquiao.

You can't see nothing wrong in what you are doing?

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:37 pm

azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

So I'm sure you will agree that when Pac fights SSM he will be fighting an older and more shop-worn version of the man Floyd destroyed.

Obviously Shane is older, but he would not have been out of the ring for 17 months when he fights Pacquiao, so he will not be ring rusty.

Shane does well against a fighters with an attacking style and Pacquiao will be smaller man when he fights Mosley.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:42 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Obviously Shane is older, but he would not have been out of the ring for 17 months when he fights Pacquiao, so he will not be ring rusty.

Shane does well against a fighters with an attacking style and Pacquiao will be smaller man when he fights Mosley.

Good point. But when did he last win a fight? Your last sentence should read: Shane does (did) well against a fighters with an attacking style and Pacquiao will be smaller man when he fights Mosley.

Do you think an older SSM is better than the version who drew with Mora and got schooled by Floyd? Your argument also has flaws in that SSM did not show any rust for the first two rounds until Floyd took over.

Furthermore, any ideas why Pac ran like a tom Boobie when SSM first called him out?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:42 pm

Some of us are happy to come on here and read the threads, maybe learn a little something and not involve ourselves in every thread. Because I don't contribute to everything written doesn't not mean that your constant spamming doesn't detract from my enjoyment of reading the discussions.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:46 pm

Should be noted that Mosley was coming off an impressive win over Margarito before the Mayweather fighter instead of a one sided loss and a draw Very Happy

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 15 Mar 2011, 6:46 pm

It's plain for anyone with more brain cells than teeth to see that Pacquiao is only fighting Mosley now because he's the best opponent in terms of risk/reward. Roach had Pacquiao turn tail like a scolded dog when Mosley called him out originally. Wonder why..?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:24 pm

Hatton and JMM both think mayweather would win. Those guys have both shared a ring with manny and floyd, so are in a better position than most to judge. Oscar who has also shared a ring with both says floyd would win. In the absence of an actual fight to judge it on, the opinions of common opponents is a valuable insight i would say.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:25 pm

Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Hatton and JMM both think mayweather would win. Those guys have both shared a ring with manny and floyd, so are in a better position than most to judge. Oscar who has also shared a ring with both says floyd would win. In the absence of an actual fight to judge it on, the opinions of common opponents is a valuable insight i would say.

What do they know when we have our resident oracle here who knows all there is to know.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:30 pm

azania wrote:
Sugar Boy Sweetie wrote:Hatton and JMM both think mayweather would win. Those guys have both shared a ring with manny and floyd, so are in a better position than most to judge. Oscar who has also shared a ring with both says floyd would win. In the absence of an actual fight to judge it on, the opinions of common opponents is a valuable insight i would say.

What do they know when we have our resident oracle here who knows all there is to know.

Azania

He says that Martinez thinks he's more deserving of the #2 spot than FMJ - but no doubt on this occasion he'll probably say their opinions are worthless for some pretty pathetic reason.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:48 pm

Balti,

By all means disagree, but try to avoid wishing death on someone, regardless of how you feel! Ok!

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:55 pm

Who did that? I know for a fact I certainly didn't.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 7:57 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:D4 if it was within the rules of the board I'd wish you a slow painful demise. Stop acting innocent. You do the same thing thread after thread.

No?

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:02 pm

Nope. If you read it carefully I said I WOULD if I COULD. No rules broken.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:05 pm

Balti,

I didn't say you'd broken rules, and it was a tongue in cheek comment, hence the smiley! Chill, Winstone!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:06 pm

King you take your job seriously and fairplay... but you not think that you're somewhat over zealous???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:09 pm

Truss,

Nah, remember text has no tone.

You lot are like having children, and stepping in helps break up the insults and get things back on topic!

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:11 pm

Don't speak about kids......my Wife is a few months away from providing me with another one..

Too old to be a DAD again me thinks.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:13 pm

Congrats, Truss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:25 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Don't speak about kids......my Wife is a few months away from providing me with another one...

Yeah sorry about that Truss, but she swore to me she was on the pill;-)
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:28 pm

That's alright you can move in and look after the kid......I'll get a younger model to play with kiss

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:29 pm

King Beer wrote:Balti,

I didn't say you'd broken rules, and it was a tongue in cheek comment, hence the smiley! Chill, Winstone!

Sound. No harm done, and point taken. thumbsup

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:30 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

You said Manny is a counter puncher a few minutes before this. Which one is it??

The fact is that Manny does not want the fight, and with Floyds legal troubles the fight will not happen unless Manny man's up, and Floyd stops hitting (apparently) women.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:51 pm

Legal troubles is that the excuse now, seems like Floyd got an different excuse for everytime Pacquiao calls him out.

Legal troubles never stopped Braehmer continuing with his career.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:53 pm

Yes but it stopped Bernie Madoc getting on with his..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 15 Mar 2011, 8:58 pm

D4thincarnation wrote:Legal troubles is that the excuse now, seems like Floyd got an different excuse for everytime Pacquiao calls him out.

Legal troubles never stopped Braehmer continuing with his career.

Like the time Floyd refused to give blood because it makes him weak?

Pathetic excuse from Floyd that one.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:05 pm

Is Floyd under house arrest, is he banned from going to the gym. What is exactly stopping him from fighting not just Manny but anyone?

Manny has said on countless occasion he will take any test the commission decides.

Floyd is not incharge of anti-doping.

And when Manny agreed term with Floyd over blood tests, Floyd said he wants to go on vacation for a year or two.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:07 pm

Look Floyd has a life and he no doubt has hobbies, commitments and other things too.

Unlike you he's probably not obsessed by Manny........

Probably wonders too.. why he should fight someone outclassed by Marquez..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Look Floyd has a life and he no doubt has hobbies, commitments and other things too.

Unlike you he's probably not obsessed by Manny........

Probably wonders too.. why he should fight someone outclassed by Marquez..

Maybe not obsessed but Floyd is a big Pacquiao fan, watch Pacquiao vs Morales II. Floyd is off his seat for most of the fight cheering Pacquiao on, and booing Morales.

Maybe Floyd just does want to fight his hero

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:13 pm

Maybe you're right.......

Maybe City will win the premiership..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:17 pm

Maybe Floyd just does want to fight his hero.
============
I think he may be dead.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:19 pm

azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:
azania wrote:
D4thincarnation wrote:

Good point. But when did he last win a fight? Your last sentence should read: Shane does (did) well against a fighters with an attacking style and Pacquiao will be smaller man when he fights Mosley.

Do you think an older SSM is better than the version who drew with Mora and got schooled by Floyd? Your argument also has flaws in that SSM did not show any rust for the first two rounds until Floyd took over.

Furthermore, any ideas why Pac ran like a tom Boobie when SSM first called him out?

And you will note that Mora and Mayweather are not attacking fighters. Winky schooled Mosley too, and that was a prime Shane. Mosley also won the first two round against Mayweather.

Mosley is a very tough and dangerous opponent for Manny and will have to watch himself for the first few rounds.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:22 pm

Mosley also won the first two round against Mayweather.
=============
And lost the next 10.

Clutching at straws a bit now, D4.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:25 pm

If Mayweather is in the p4p list still, surely Calzaghe has to be 6 or 7?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 15 Mar 2011, 9:27 pm

That was a ring rusty Mosley fighting a guy with a style he does poor against.

That why I thinkk for the first 5 rounds it is a very dangerous fight for Manny.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next