The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi

+22
ShahenshahG
azania
The Galveston Giant
6oldenbhoy
bhb001
AlexHuckerby
Seanusarrilius
TRUSSMAN66
Jukebox Timebomb
OasisBFC
joeyjojo618
School Project
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Mind the windows Tino.
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Rowley
Steffan
BALTIMORA
manos de piedra
oxring
Scottrf
SportsmanGC
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi - Page 3 Empty Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi

Post by SportsmanGC Thu 17 Nov 2011, 12:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

It goes without saying this is the fight we've been waiting for...Enzo is back!!!

Now of course there will always be the usual talk whenever a fighter comes back, i.e. i'm now better than ever, trained properly, new enthusiasm, confidence, etc...

Realistically,why has he made the return? To top up his bank accounts, or a genuine belief he can do something? The key thing for me is that he's dropped down to light heavyweight, despite having spent his whole career at cruiserweight. Quite rare to spend your whole career at a weight then as you get older drop down a division. Is there some truth in his words that he is more focussed, prepared and better trained?

Despite this, I don't see him getting back to a decent level. He will still have the same issues as before (namely weak chin), and I don't really see it generating much interest. However, I will look with intrigue to see whether his words about being more focussed and the lighter weight will see a different Mac in the ring.

So, how do you see his comeback panning out?

SportsmanGC

Back to top Go down

Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi - Page 3 Empty Re: Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi

Post by OasisBFC Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:34 pm

wow, look at the size difference.
it was like a cruiser vs a light middle.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi - Page 3 Empty Re: Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi

Post by oxring Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:40 pm

Looks quicker at the weight.

I'd really love him to do well. But I don't want to see another Lebedev. Or Ofalabi. Or that other one (frenkel was it?)
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:42 pm

it must be said if enzo has the power he did at cruiser and the fact he looks to be a lot quicker he could maybe do something at LHW to be fair. still i worry for the guy and can only see it ending badly.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:44 pm

the frenkel ko was one of the most horrific kos you will see why he was allowed to carry on after the first left hook is beyond me

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 20 Nov 2011, 3:45 pm

As I said before theres not a whole lot you can read into this kind of fight. The guy Enzo fighting was very low quality.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 20 Nov 2011, 4:22 pm

manos de piedra wrote:As I said before theres not a whole lot you can read into this kind of fight. The guy Enzo fighting was very low quality.

But he was unbeaten manos... Whistle
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sun 20 Nov 2011, 4:26 pm

oxring wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:As I said before theres not a whole lot you can read into this kind of fight. The guy Enzo fighting was very low quality.

But he was unbeaten manos... Whistle

And a puncher too

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 20 Nov 2011, 4:34 pm

What a ludicrous stoppage. Britain is becoming a joke with these early stoppages. To stop the fight when a fighter is on his feet and staggered is ridiculous. We're getting as bad as Germany with these robberies!

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sun 20 Nov 2011, 4:35 pm

Super D Boon wrote:What a ludicrous stoppage. Britain is becoming a joke with these early stoppages. To stop the fight when a fighter is on his feet and staggered is ridiculous. We're getting as bad as Germany with these robberies!

Point 1 - stoppage early - agreed. The guy hadn't even gone down yet!

Point 2 - hardly a robbery. To win the fight you have to throw a punch in anger, which looked unlikely.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 Nov 2011, 4:39 pm

yeah not a robbery unless you think marosi was about to rope a dope macca, but yet another early stoppage.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Sun 20 Nov 2011, 5:17 pm

Maybe not a robbery in the German sense but the stoppages seem to be getting earlier and earlier. There's got to be some balance between allowing a KO and not letting the guy take too much of a beating and we seem to be stopping fights at the first sign of a wobble. It didn't look likely but Marosi might have come back into it, he should have been given more of a chance than that.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 20 Nov 2011, 5:23 pm

i agree in a british ring the JCC jr - manfredo fight would have been stopped a lot earlier without giving any chance of a recovery, what can we do though?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Mon 21 Nov 2011, 1:30 pm

Watched it a few times and initially though it was a premature stoppage. If you look at the guy his arms had dropped and Maccaranelli's next shot would have finished him. The ref just saved the guy a concussion.

What are people's thoughts on the Enzo / Enzo relationship? Calzaghe was insistent that he'd ALWAYS told Maccaranelli to be a light heavy.....
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Nov 2011, 1:32 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:Watched it a few times and initially though it was a premature stoppage. If you look at the guy his arms had dropped and Maccaranelli's next shot would have finished him. The ref just saved the guy a concussion.

What are people's thoughts on the Enzo / Enzo relationship? Calzaghe was insistent that he'd ALWAYS told Maccaranelli to be a light heavy.....

What do I think of that?
BS to hype up Big Mac at a different weight.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 21 Nov 2011, 1:46 pm

I can see why Enzo started off at cruiser and remained there for a long time. But he should have tried ou the move LH after the Afalobi defeat when it became obvious he couldnt deal with the better cruisers and was at serious risk from their power. Remaining there for the Frenkel and Lebedev knock outs was a big mistake. He should have come down sooner.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I can see why Enzo started off at cruiser and remained there for a long time. But he should have tried ou the move LH after the Afalobi defeat when it became obvious he couldnt deal with the better cruisers and was at serious risk from their power. Remaining there for the Frenkel and Lebedev knock outs was a big mistake. He should have come down sooner.

In fairness to Enzo the shots he took would have taken out literally anyone, thugh the Afolabi defeat was a poor one, as SBS said, he actually allowed Afolabi to rope a dope him!!

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Mon 21 Nov 2011, 2:46 pm

Talking of Enzo's KO defeats, what has happended to Frenkel? He hasn't fought since he nearly decapitated Big Mac...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon 21 Nov 2011, 2:56 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Talking of Enzo's KO defeats, what has happended to Frenkel? He hasn't fought since he nearly decapitated Big Mac...

He said a few months back that he wanted to take a break from boxing as he was feeling "burnt out".
I'd imagine he's actually having some personal issues.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 21 Nov 2011, 2:57 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
Mr Bounce wrote:Talking of Enzo's KO defeats, what has happended to Frenkel? He hasn't fought since he nearly decapitated Big Mac...

He said a few months back that he wanted to take a break from boxing as he was feeling "burnt out".
I'd imagine he's actually having some personal issues.

Lebedev went anonymous for about the same length of time. I have a suspicion he's tied into a time-length contract - and he's just freeing himself up such that he isn't bled so much by another lingering parasite of a promoter.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Nov 2011, 3:07 pm

Long time to wait the Enzo KO was ages ago.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Mon 21 Nov 2011, 3:38 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I can see why Enzo started off at cruiser and remained there for a long time. But he should have tried ou the move LH after the Afalobi defeat when it became obvious he couldnt deal with the better cruisers and was at serious risk from their power. Remaining there for the Frenkel and Lebedev knock outs was a big mistake. He should have come down sooner.

What hurt Enzo was when the CW limit moved from 190 to 200 lbs. Big Mac wasn't big at 190, at 200 he was fighting nearly 2 divisions above where he should have been.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Nov 2011, 3:40 pm

Jukebox Timebomb wrote:

What hurt Enzo was when the CW limit moved from 190 to 200 lbs. Big Mac wasn't big at 190, at 200 he was fighting nearly 2 divisions above where he should have been.

And here's me thinking it was punches to the head.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 21 Nov 2011, 3:41 pm

Enzo will be world champion again. No one at LH can handle his power

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Nov 2011, 3:44 pm

Steffan wrote:Enzo will be world champion again. No one at LH can handle his power

...Yeah...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 21 Nov 2011, 3:52 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Long time to wait the Enzo KO was ages ago.

Depends how long the options are. Could be a year to 2.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 21 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
Steffan wrote:Enzo will be world champion again. No one at LH can handle his power

...Yeah...

He is gonna bust up the clev

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 21 Nov 2011, 3:57 pm

Think it was just the general lack quality and lack of proper conditioning that got Enzo in the end more than anything else. Im not convinced hes a natural LH at all yet. He can make 175, but nobody knows how effective he is at that weight or how hard it is for him to make it.

Hes a big guy. 6'4 or 6'5 so had he bulked up rather than just been a bit flabby at cruiser it would have been a start.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 21 Nov 2011, 4:01 pm

Steffan wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

...Yeah...

You from Swansea or something?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 21 Nov 2011, 4:12 pm

oxring wrote:
Steffan wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

...Yeah...

Thankfully not

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 21 Nov 2011, 4:15 pm

oxring wrote:
Steffan wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:

...Yeah...

He ain't from this planet, mate.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3