The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi

+22
ShahenshahG
azania
The Galveston Giant
6oldenbhoy
bhb001
AlexHuckerby
Seanusarrilius
TRUSSMAN66
Jukebox Timebomb
OasisBFC
joeyjojo618
School Project
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Mind the windows Tino.
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Rowley
Steffan
BALTIMORA
manos de piedra
oxring
Scottrf
SportsmanGC
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi - Page 2 Empty Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi

Post by SportsmanGC Thu 17 Nov 2011, 12:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

It goes without saying this is the fight we've been waiting for...Enzo is back!!!

Now of course there will always be the usual talk whenever a fighter comes back, i.e. i'm now better than ever, trained properly, new enthusiasm, confidence, etc...

Realistically,why has he made the return? To top up his bank accounts, or a genuine belief he can do something? The key thing for me is that he's dropped down to light heavyweight, despite having spent his whole career at cruiserweight. Quite rare to spend your whole career at a weight then as you get older drop down a division. Is there some truth in his words that he is more focussed, prepared and better trained?

Despite this, I don't see him getting back to a decent level. He will still have the same issues as before (namely weak chin), and I don't really see it generating much interest. However, I will look with intrigue to see whether his words about being more focussed and the lighter weight will see a different Mac in the ring.

So, how do you see his comeback panning out?

SportsmanGC

Back to top Go down

Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi - Page 2 Empty Re: Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Nov 2011, 5:03 pm

Helluva point..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi - Page 2 Empty Re: Enzo Maccarinelli vs Gyorgy Marosi

Post by Steffan Thu 17 Nov 2011, 5:19 pm

Crusierweight...where fat Light-Heavweights and rubbish Heavyweights go/come from

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Thu 17 Nov 2011, 5:32 pm

Steffan wrote:Crusierweight...where fat Light-Heavweights and rubbish Heavyweights go/come from

not exactly true.
the 25 lbs between 175 and 200lbs is a massive jump.

some people are at their prime around the 190lbs mark, they shouldnt have to risk their health being battered in the heavyweights or being weight drained.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 17 Nov 2011, 5:34 pm

OasisBFC wrote:
Steffan wrote:Crusierweight...where fat Light-Heavweights and rubbish Heavyweights go/come from

not exactly true.
the 25 lbs between 175 and 200lbs is a massive jump.

some people are at their prime around the 190lbs mark, they shouldnt have to risk their health being battered in the heavyweights or being weight drained.

I was only joking to an extent. It is a division that just seems to offer nothing though isnt it. Never any great fights happening or worth talking about

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu 17 Nov 2011, 6:07 pm

I see this as the start of a tale thjat ends with 'Oh my god! Did you see that Welsh bloke get carted off last night?'

Dropping weight,more dehydrated than before,shop worn and on the back of 3 devastating KO's and one brutal beating from Lebedev... sooner or later Enzo is going to get KO'd again unless he avoids power punchers and fights Clev to a 9 round TKO loss or something

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 17 Nov 2011, 6:29 pm

Enzo doesn't seem to know how to do 'unspectacular' stoppages though...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Thu 17 Nov 2011, 6:32 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
School Project wrote:One thing we can find solace in is the apparent fact that its bot the knockouts that cause significant damage but the prolonged beatings a guys head take that cause the damage later on.

Enzo hasn't had a one sided beating as such. He just collapses when he's punched on the face.
So what you're saying is that Enzo would in fact be safer if his opponents had loaded gloves..?

Nope, you could cover your sneezed in 20oz gloves and he'd be on the deck!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Jukebox Timebomb Thu 17 Nov 2011, 6:47 pm

How did Enzo end up in this situation?

The talk with his manager/promoter must have gone something like this.

Promoter - "Enzo...Ok you've been KO'd horrifically several times in your last few fights. How about weight draining yourself to make 175 so you can fight in a much better quality division? And just 'cos it's you Big Mac, I've lined up an unbeaten puncher as your first opponent."

Enzo (deep Welsh accent) - "yeah no probs, count me in".

Who is in charge of him? It must be the guys who make those 'amazing knockouts of the year' vids.

Jukebox Timebomb

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 17 Nov 2011, 10:17 pm

Jukebox Timebomb wrote:How did Enzo end up in this situation?

The talk with his manager/promoter must have gone something like this.

Promoter - "Enzo...Ok you've been KO'd horrifically several times in your last few fights. How about weight draining yourself to make 175 so you can fight in a much better quality division? And just 'cos it's you Big Mac, I've lined up an unbeaten puncher as your first opponent."

Enzo (deep Welsh accent) - "yeah no probs, count me in".

Who is in charge of him? It must be the guys who make those 'amazing knockouts of the year' vids.

An unbeaten puncher? The guy hes facing is an inexperienced 34 year old light heavyweight whos only ever fought nobodies. His last fight was a SD win over a guy with a losing record. Hes never done more than 6 rounds either.

This is basically a risk free fight to see how Enzo handles the weight. The logic of dropping to Light heavyweight is to keep him away from big hitters. It just depends on how he can handle the weight, which remains to be seen. But I wouldnt be worrying about this next guy.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Thu 17 Nov 2011, 10:38 pm

manos de piedra wrote:An unbeaten puncher? The guy hes facing is an inexperienced 34 year old light heavyweight whos only ever fought nobodies. His last fight was a SD win over a guy with a losing record. Hes never done more than 6 rounds either.

This is basically a risk free fight to see how Enzo handles the weight. The logic of dropping to Light heavyweight is to keep him away from big hitters. It just depends on how he can handle the weight, which remains to be seen. But I wouldnt be worrying about this next guy.

Byrd wasn't worrying about Shaun George, either I guess. I've got a bad feeling about this one Manos.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 17 Nov 2011, 11:04 pm

oxring wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:An unbeaten puncher? The guy hes facing is an inexperienced 34 year old light heavyweight whos only ever fought nobodies. His last fight was a SD win over a guy with a losing record. Hes never done more than 6 rounds either.

Byrd wasn't worrying about Shaun George, either I guess. I've got a bad feeling about this one Manos.

I would say that says more about Enzo than it does his opponent though.

I think it just depends on how he handles the weight. If he can handle the weight without too many problems then I dont think this next guy should trouble him. I think hes just been picked as a measuring stick to assess if Enzo can fight at LH realistically.

If Enzo can handle the weight drop then hes miles better off at LH than at cruiser. Even the top LHs around at the moment are nowhere near as heavy handed as the likes of Lebedev, Haye or Frenkel.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 1:41 am

to be fair enzo was talking on bunces boxing hour and said there was times he was finding it hard to get the extra weight on to fight at cruiser and that he will be coming into the ring around the same weight he did when he was a cruiser anyway.
well its what enzo says anyway.

as a quick question does anyone honestly see this ending well? i cant for the life of me see how this could possibly end without enzo lying on the floor again.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Fri 18 Nov 2011, 2:16 am

For me the only question is whether he will call it a day the next time he gets sparked, which will happen when he moves up to Euro level opposition I would guess.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:54 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:to be fair enzo was talking on bunces boxing hour and said there was times he was finding it hard to get the extra weight on to fight at cruiser and that he will be coming into the ring around the same weight he did when he was a cruiser anyway.

But he's not going to say it's a risk that I will be completely weight drained and seriously hurt, but at least I can pay the mortgage

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:48 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:to be fair enzo was talking on bunces boxing hour and said there was times he was finding it hard to get the extra weight on to fight at cruiser and that he will be coming into the ring around the same weight he did when he was a cruiser anyway.

as a quick question does anyone honestly see this ending well? i cant for the life of me see how this could possibly end without enzo lying on the floor again.

Manos makes a good point in observing that its not as though his opponent is any great shakes.

HOWEVER...

If Enzo "could always" have made LHW - why didn't he?

Its a set-up for a Cleverly fight. Doubtless this will be WBO sanctioned and he will be ranked 7/8 in their LHW listings if he beats this guy.

However - I don't see his LHW career ending well.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:49 am

oxring wrote:If Enzo "could always" have made LHW - why didn't he?
Lack of hard training probably, like Gavin Rees.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:01 am

Scottrf wrote:

Fairness to Gav "the rock" - he always came on fight night in reasonable shape. He had that ban for punching a mourner - and then uncle Fwank told him he was going to win a title at 140 - probably to hold it so that Khan could take it off him. As such, he had to put weight on - and the Calzaghe gym didn't believe in weights, so he just got a bit chubbs.

Now he's not trying to fight about 5 pounds over his optimum weight - he looks in much better shape.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:04 am

oxring wrote:
Scottrf wrote:

Fairness to Gav "the rock" - he always came on fight night in reasonable shape. He had that ban for punching a mourner - and then uncle Fwank told him he was going to win a title at 140 - probably to hold it so that Khan could take it off him. As such, he had to put weight on - and the Calzaghe gym didn't believe in weights, so he just got a bit chubbs.

Now he's not trying to fight about 5 pounds over his optimum weight - he looks in much better shape.
I think he always had questionable stamina.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:16 am

Enzo always looked a tad flabby at cruiser so I would say there is definately room to cut weight. Whether or not 175 is too big a stretch though, I have no idea.

If he loses to this next guy, especially by KO then thats it for him but the I think the opponent is essentially just a journeyman.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:27 am

manos de piedra wrote:Enzo always looked a tad flabby at cruiser so I would say there is definately room to cut weight.

Goes back to the same question earlier. Why didn't he cut before?

I agree - he always looked like there was a little bit of weight to lose - so why didn't he try to lose it? What did his team know that they're not sharing with us...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:35 am

oxring wrote:
manos de piedra wrote:Enzo always looked a tad flabby at cruiser so I would say there is definately room to cut weight.

Goes back to the same question earlier. Why didn't he cut before?

I agree - he always looked like there was a little bit of weight to lose - so why didn't he try to lose it? What did his team know that they're not sharing with us...

It could have just been laziness or unwillingness to cut weight. The division was god awful and offered a relatively easy means of winning a title - which he duly won. So Im not sure the incentive was there to undergo strict weight cutting and dieting to make LH when he could just fight at cruiser. Maybe if cruiser was a strong division he may have made more of an effort to get down to 175. It wasnt until he stepped up a level against the top cruisers that it all went pear shaped for him so with that in mind maybe now hes more willing to boil down.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VccukbIgTKw#!

Check out the height difference between Enzo and Marosi Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:37 pm

Good grief - Enzo looks skeletal. Please Enzo - keep him at the end of your jab and don't let him in close.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:43 pm

enzo looks a bit skinny there...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:38 pm

Anyone know what time the Enzo fight is? The missus has recorded her soaps and is watching them and I need to know before it is too late!

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:43 pm

im guessing about ten but dont quote me on it mate... sky planner says the show finishes at 11

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:48 pm

Anyone see Buglioni there? Was a decent amateur, part of the GB podium squad at one point.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:51 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:im guessing about ten but dont quote me on it mate... sky planner says the show finishes at 11

15 Minute of Hollyoaks left. I'll have a look after Coronation Street. 10pm is a decent guess though.

Did Enzo look emeciated at the weigh-in?

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:53 pm

looks like he hits hard! i reckon this guy will be a world champ bit early i know

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:54 pm

just a bit
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 8:59 pm

School Project wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:im guessing about ten but dont quote me on it mate... sky planner says the show finishes at 11

15 Minute of Hollyoaks left. I'll have a look after Coronation Street. 10pm is a decent guess though.

Did Enzo look emeciated at the weigh-in?

doesnt look dead. difficult to say... he looks in better physical shape but a tad skinny for my liking.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:00 pm

How much did he weight at the presser? Chances are he can rehydrate... but I don't buy the whole "I had to put the weight on for Cruiser".

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:01 pm

macca fight is on now mate hope you aint missing it

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:06 pm

how quick did the ref jump in there?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:07 pm

Be good to see him with a proper light-heavyweight, could have given Marosi a count but would only be delaying the inevitable.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:13 pm

Enzooooooooooooooooooo Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:14 pm

yeah i suppose to be fair it was only going one way. in honesty he did look very quick in truth.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:18 pm

Good! He didn't get stopped!

Bad. He steps in with a LHW with a punch - like Syllakh.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:19 pm

oxring wrote:Good! He didn't get stopped!

Bring em on I say

Enzooooooooooooo Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:20 pm

Damn Skyrim. Missed the fight.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:22 pm

Steffan wrote:

Bring em on I say

Enzooooooooooooo Wales

I seriously hope you dont get your wish for the sake of Enzo's health and well being. He is an accident waiting to happen.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:29 pm

azania wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Bring em on I say

Enzooooooooooooo Wales

I seriously hope you dont get your wish for the sake of Enzo's health and well being. He is an accident waiting to happen.

Enzo is back. Deal with it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:36 pm

Steffan wrote:
azania wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Bring em on I say

Enzooooooooooooo Wales

Enzo is back. Deal with it

I dont particular like watching road kill being run over again. I like Enzo. Lovely bloke. But come on.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:43 pm

3 years back he was filling O2 arena...

Now he's fighting in lesiure centres.

The worst thing is that he looks like he just come from a concentration camp.

Stoppage was too early.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:52 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/15767054.stm

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:56 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/15767054.stm

I dont want these pair to fight. Brothers against each other is not good Wales

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 18 Nov 2011, 9:59 pm

Whats the deal with this card? I thought Enzo spagetti legs was the main event
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:01 pm

I just watched a close up replay of the stoppage (refs view). Marosi didnt look like he knew where he was so the stoppage was a good one I would say now

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 19 Nov 2011, 12:36 am

enzo was the main draw for the tv audience but for the crowd it was conquest so it made the card seem odd

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyjojo618 Sat 19 Nov 2011, 5:32 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqrTWZruStQ

For what its worth. Poor quality, but for those like me who missed it.

joeyjojo618

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next