The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will the Irish provinces suffer a players exodus?

+25
rawa86
Shifty
Sin é
SecretFly
debaters1
thebandwagonsociety
Rava
pete (buachaill on eirne)
Kingshu
Gibson
ME-109
Feckless Rogue
profitius
Standulstermen
Mickado
Rory_Gallagher
The Great Aukster
Artful_Dodger
clivemcl
rodders
Don Alfonso
geoff998rugby
Notch
asoreleftshoulder
red_stag
29 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Will the Irish provinces suffer a players exodus? - Page 7 Empty Will the Irish provinces suffer a players exodus?

Post by red_stag Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Whether it is a "development" league or not, the Celtic League has been able to provide the Irish provinces with a continuing supply of players. The induction of guys like Sean O'Brien, Keith Earls, Cian Healy, Peter O'Mahony and Craig Gilroy has been almost seamless and we are beginning to see strenght in depth and whats more Irish strenght in depth.

In one of Munster's pool stage matches in the Heineken Cup this season the bench included Marcus Horan, John Hayes, Donnacha O'Callaghan, Denis Leamy and Tomas O'Leary. Not so long ago that was a third of Irelands national team.

We are now at a stage where (despite reports of an "aging" team) most of Irelands internationals are in their mid 20s with even younger guys champing at the bit for selection in both provinces and internationally.

Do Irish fans expect to see a bit of an exodus in recent years? I just don't see that many players being happy to sit around as backup for their provinces. Despite the efforts of the IRFU to get Irish players for Irish provinces I would expect to see an increase in the amount of players leaving. Why sit on a bench at Leinster when you can go to England and play week in week out. Not even England as it usually was but I expect to see a few of our internationals end up in France or SANZAR.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Will the Irish provinces suffer a players exodus? - Page 7 Empty Re: Will the Irish provinces suffer a players exodus?

Post by Sin é Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:31 pm

roddersm wrote:Its a bar I think fly....needless to say I didn't venture into it.... wasn't sure who I might have bumped into in there...... Shocked

Be careful of going into bars in Dublin rods. Most the pubs on the southside are owned by Munster men and women.

Stick to the Northside - they are all owned by lads from Ulster thumbsup
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Will the Irish provinces suffer a players exodus? - Page 7 Empty Re: Will the Irish provinces suffer a players exodus?

Post by Sin é Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 pm

SecretFly wrote:Ah I respect old - or young - Sin é. He sticks to his guns. He uses anything he can get his hands on to perfect and qualify and substantiate his arguments...but I've never once seen him try to lose an argument by losing his head, losing his composure or throwing up personal insults. At least I've never witnessed it.

So I respect that and respect him.

thumbsup

Why would anyone want to try and lose an argument? Erm
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:35 pm

I thought ALL the pubs in Dublin were owned either by NAMA, the Banks or laundered crime money?

I must have taken a wrong stat turn in Albuquerque...Sorry folks.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Sin é wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Ah I respect old - or young - Sin é. He sticks to his guns. He uses anything he can get his hands on to perfect and qualify and substantiate his arguments...but I've never once seen him try to lose an argument by losing his head, losing his composure or throwing up personal insults. At least I've never witnessed it.

So I respect that and respect him.

thumbsup

Why would anyone want to try and lose an argument? Erm

Ask DOD when you next see him. He has the low down on that trick Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:46 pm

Kingshu wrote:Eeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmmmm Bored of this now!

See, that the problem with Ulster - no sticking power Whistle

"Stand up and fight until you hear the bell,
Stand toe to toe, trade blow for blow,
Keep punchin' till you make your punches tell,
Show that crowd what you know!
Until you hear that bell, that final bell,
Stand up and fight like hell!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27hhHKg8vvs

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7