The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up

+56
sugarNspikes
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
The Bachelor
slartibartfast
Big
gowales
unforcederrors
Ospreydragon
wrfc1980
ospreysboyo
Swperb
Gordy
welshy6
IanBru
eirebilly
flyhalffactory
Knackeredknees
offload
doctornickolas
sheephead
mckay1402
Cari
thebluesmancometh
Ifandorbut
ieuan
Morgannwg
Full Credit
fa0019
anotherworldofpain
majesticimperialman
munkian
2ndtimeround
glamorganalun
jimmyinthewell68
Adam D
samuraidragon
SubsBench
Dontheman
TycroesOsprey
Higher_Ground
pharmachris
RubyGuby
GavCanDance
Liam
mowgli
Taylorman
maestegmafia
Knowsit17
bedfordwelsh
asoreleftshoulder
formerly known as Sam
wales606
Smirnoffpriest
Luckless Pedestrian
Biltong
Pal Joey
60 posters

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Who Will Win?

Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_lcap31%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 10 ]
Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_rcap 34% 
[ 11 ]
Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 32

Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Empty Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up

Post by Pal Joey Tue 19 Jun 2012, 7:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Saturday 23rd June, 2012
15:00 EST, 06:00 BMT
Allianz Stadium (SFS), Moore Park, Capacity: 45,500
Current forecast for Saturday: Fine, 7-15 deg. C
Sydney Radar (The ground is halfway between .Sydney and .Randwick on the diagonal)

Australia:
15 Kurtley Beale
14 Adam Ashley-Cooper
13 Rob Horne
12 Pat McCabe
11 Digby Ioane
10 Berrick Barnes
9 Will Genia
8 Wycliff Palu
7 David Pocock (capt.)
6 Scott Higginbotham
5 Nathan Sharpe
4 Sitaleki Timani
3 Sekope Kepu
2 Tatafu Polota Nau
1 Benn Robinson

Reserves:
16 Stephen Moore, 17 Ben Alexander, 18 Rob Simmons, 19 Dave Dennis, 20 Michael Hooper, 21 Nic White, 22 Anthony Fainga'a.

Wales:
15 Leigh Halfpenny
14 Alex Cuthbert
13 Jonathan Davies
12 Ashley Beck
11 George North
10 Rhys Priestland
9 Mike Phillips
8 Ryan Jones
7 Sam Warburton (capt.)
6 Dan Lydiate
5 Alun Wyn Jones
4 Bradley Davies
3 Adam Jones
2 Matthew Rees
1 Gethin Jenkins

Reserves:
16 Ken Owens, 17 Paul James, 18 Luke Charteris, 19 Justin Tipuric, 20 Rhys Webb, 21 James Hook, 22 Scott Williams.

Last edited by Linebreaker on Sun 24 Jun 2012, 3:13 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : Poll Added)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:04 pm

Do you know when the team will be announced, martyr? Must be Thursday morning here... right?

You definitely think Warbs will be dropped?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 Empty Re: Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:13 pm

I like that team Martyr but would be equally happy with Charts in.

I don't think the selections makes as much difference as the tactics and intensity rhat Wales are sent out to play with and how they need to be competitive at the breakdown - Any of the forwards we could pick (Brad, Charts, Ianto, AWJ, Tupric, Warbs) have all shown they can be competitive at the breakdown - they just need to go out there an do it. And Howley needs to stop telling the players to keep kicking, or it won't make a blind bit of difference whose playing FH

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:20 pm

On a side note I saw a funny tweet (from a rugby-hating bloke) today:

2nd Test Aust v Wales, Possession: Australia 23% Wales 13% Ball Boys/Crowd 64%

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:41 pm

Yes Linebreaker Thursday is normally when they announce it for you. They won't drop Warbs but Tipuric should get a game imo, he's the form player in the back row atm.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:46 pm

They should drop Warburton - they should have selected Tipuric from the start of the series; but it wouldn't surprise me if he keeps his place.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:47 pm

Looking forward to see Tips playing if selected.

Also, it will be the first time I'm seeing Wales play live. I feel sort of privileged really after following them more closely in the last few years. A seriously good side, imo. Win or lose it should be a memorable day. OK Ale

Last edited by Linebreaker on Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:49 pm

Well I hope you enjoy the home defeat, Breaker. Wink

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:52 pm

I'm not one of these players who are going to be on the warbs overrated band wagon. If a player is out of form, regardless of who they are and another man in his position is in far better form, it should be horses for courses and Warbs should be dropped.

However, I would still have Warbs in the number 1 7 spot and captain because for me, all he needs is a solid series of games for the blues when the season is up and running. He is clearly rusty and who can blame him.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:56 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Well I hope you enjoy the home defeat, Breaker. Wink

If that happens (you win by 15+ and SA lose 1-15 points)... Wales will be ranked 2, no?

Wales 85.12
Australia 84.19
Eng 84.09
SA 83.87

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 2:59 pm

Linebreaker wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Well I hope you enjoy the home defeat, Breaker. Wink

If that happens (you win by 15+ and SA lose)... Wales will be ranked 2, no?

Wales 85.12
Australia 84.19

That's crazy that Oz can win the series yet still loose out on rankings!

I understand that Wales understanably get more ranking points for beating Oz than if Oz beat us (because they are ranked higher), but still seems mad that after winning 2 games they won't have built up enough difference to stop Wales overtaking them (and leapfrogging SA) if Wales win by 15.

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 20 Jun 2012, 3:01 pm

mowgli wrote:I think Hook will replace RP, Williams will replace Beck and Warburton may go to 6/8 with Tipuric at 7.

Moving Warburton to 6 or 8 would be just plain carzy.

He isn't on form at the moment and that form is very unlikely to return if he is playing out of position, Lydiate or Jones have done nothing to warrant being dropped.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Jun 2012, 3:01 pm

Seems crazy but them's the rules. We could have a new world order by Sunday morning here. Erm

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 3:04 pm

Linebreaker wrote:Seems crazy but them's the rules. We could have a new world order by Sunday morning here. Erm

Even more so if Ireland beat New Zealand by 15+, then couldn't we see Wales as new No1 in the world? Very Happy Shocked Yahoo Wales

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Jun 2012, 3:09 pm

Wonder what odds one could get for that to happen? This place would go off!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 20 Jun 2012, 3:10 pm

I feel the mods may have their work cut out if it did happen lol
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Jun 2012, 3:17 pm

I was just thinking... maybe have to archive some threads to clear the decks in preparation for it.

Also England v Italy on Sunday isn't it? Oh noooo!! Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 20 Jun 2012, 3:20 pm

How busy does it get on the football pages on 606v2?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 20 Jun 2012, 3:26 pm

I think we'd have to merge all the threads into one big 'Celtic Triumph' thread where we all agree Wales are the best with Ireland a close 2nd!

It would just be one big love in... Whistle

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Jun 2012, 3:42 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:How busy does it get on the football pages on 606v2?

Actually not so bad, Lucky. A few disagreements even when England won yesterday... but you could throw a small blanket over the 'trouble-makers'. Wink (hope I haven't spoken too soon!)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 20 Jun 2012, 3:46 pm

So it's like thowing a blanket over a budgie, they think it's night time and calm down. Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Jun 2012, 3:54 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:So it's like thowing a blanket over a budgie, they think it's night time and calm down. Smile

Something like that. I can never understand it.

They lose; they're almost pitifully inconsolable. Sad
They win; they're almost pitifully bullish and nasty to their own fellow countrymen. furious

Headscratch

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Wed 20 Jun 2012, 4:18 pm

Is it more difficult to drop Warbs because he's the 1st choice captain? I remember a very out of form RJ (a shadow of his current self) kept being picked when he was captain...

I say keep last week's team except for 2 (Owens), 7 (Tipuric) an 12 (Williams), subbing Priestland and Phillips at the earliest opportunity if they are showing signs of crapness...

I'd also get Adam Jones on the treadmill a bit this week because he seemed a little slow around the park on Sat. Run

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Wed 20 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Can't see us winning this one, Australia by 8.

Interesting to see a picture Ryan Jones put on twitter of the team training and Hook was in the fly half position,
problem is Howley will expect Hook just to slot in at 10 with zero game time off the bench in both the tests.

Selection has been the problem and why we lost both tests.

Yes selection has been poor from the moment Biggar was omitted. And selection of Hook has been an issue ever since he has been in the squad; if he does start Hook and they lose no doubt he will be blamed again as there seems to be a worrying development in the Wales camp of naming and shaming.

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 20 Jun 2012, 7:21 pm

I have said all week that I fear that if we don't win we will get a bit of a hammering.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Wed 20 Jun 2012, 9:11 pm

Talking to the man today the team Gatland chose in training was

Adam
Owens
Geth
4 - AWJ
5 - Ryan
6 - Lydiate
8 -Warburton
7 -Tipuric
9 - IronMike
10 - Hook
11 - George
S Williams
JD
14 Cuthbert
15 - 1/2P thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by pharmachris Wed 20 Jun 2012, 10:20 pm

What man? when? Where? need to know! Already set my alarm from stupid o clock on saturday. Really really want them to beat the aussies......my father in law in australian and i've had it in the neck for for past 2 weeks.....

pharmachris

Back to top Go down

Post by Higher_Ground Wed 20 Jun 2012, 10:22 pm

Spot on Martyr. Now if only Howley could see the wood for the trees, we might not be playing a dead rubber on Saturday.

Higher_Ground

Back to top Go down

Post by mowgli Wed 20 Jun 2012, 10:54 pm

That's a good side...Philipps, Gethin and Lydiate need big games - we were even fannying about in the scrum, and the lineout needs to fire for once. It's a huge call for Hook to step up with no game time.

Right now I think SW is not guaranteed a start but its a huge call to drop him so it makes sense to slot him in at 8 and keep Ryan whose leadership and intelligence are vital.

mowgli

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:41 pm

Team should be announced in a few hours... hopefully.
So Ruby, Priestland maybe definitely out of starting line-up but on the bench?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:54 pm

The pictures of the team training show Priestland playing and matthew Rees. Whilst Ryan in the second row isnt a worry I am suprised Ianto hasnt come into the side as he was the form second row coming into this.

Delve is non contact training as well so maybe picked up a knock against the brumbies.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 20 Jun 2012, 11:58 pm

Just saw Robbie Deans on TV. He always seems a little worried and says he expects Wales to play better than last week. (9am here)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 21 Jun 2012, 5:58 am

Wales have named an unchanged team from the Melbourne Test apart from Ken Owens coming in for Richard Hibbard on the bench.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/wales-starting-lineup-unchanged-for-wallabies-test-20120621-20q04.html

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2012, 7:19 am

Matthew Rees starting again? Hope be brings a throwing arm this time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Thu 21 Jun 2012, 7:32 am

Hubbard? No way

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:01 am

Clueless, Howley. Clueless.

How the Sam Hill can Matthew Rees keep his place after last week?!

And it's lovely that he's given Warburton the chance to be outplayed by Pocock for the third Saturday in a row.

Bradley Davies gave away at least two cheap penalties last week, how come he keeps his place?

Rhys Gill and Ken Owens (Owens expecially) must be wondering what more they have to do.

This series is already lost; but I'm really worried about the Autumn internationals and next year's Six Nations if Howley's going to remain in charge of team selection.

Last edited by Luckless Pedestrian on Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by SubsBench Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:16 am

Is Hibbard injured or being punished for giving awway penalties? Rees needs a really big game.

Assume Ianto is injured.

SubsBench

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:23 am

Massive conservatism from Welsh management. We've see this before after previous slams, and it cost us every time. It's one of the key differences between the SH & the NH.

Don't know if Keynes has been quoted before on this site before, but I think he captures the Howley mindset superbly -

"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally then to succeed unconventionally."

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:32 am

WALES UNCHANGED FOR FINAL CHALLENGE DOWN UNDER

Wales field an unchanged side for the third Test of their Australian tour at the Allianz Stadium in Sydney on Saturday (kick-off 3.05pm local time).

The same starting XV which led the Wallabies for the majority of the match in Melbourne last weekend - only to be denied by the last-minute penalty which made the home side 25-23 victors - has been handed a repeat chance to notch up Wales’ first victory on Australian soil since 1969.

The replacements’ bench shows one change with Scarlets hooker Ken Owens, who started the first Test two weeks ago in Brisbane, coming in to replace Ospreys front rower Richard Hibbard, who misses out on this occasion.

“We know what we have to do to beat Australia, but there is a difference between knowing how to win and achieving that aim,” said Wales caretaker head coach Rob Howley.

“This Wales team was within around 30 seconds of beating the Wallabies on their home patch for the first time in 43 years, the challenge now is to go one better than that and make sure we are ahead on the scoreboard, not just when the hooter goes, but when the game finishes this weekend.

“The players can take some credit for the way they played for the large part of the match on Saturday, but that will be scant consolation if we don’t come home with a win in this Series.

“We have risen to our highest position (4th) in the IRB World rankings because of our performances so far this season, which can have positive repercussions for the 2015 Rugby World Cup, but now we want to stay there and that means coming away with the spoils on Saturday afternoon.”

Leigh Halfpenny’s 13-point haul last week means he has broken into the top 10 list of all-time points scorers in Welsh international rugby. The Blues full back and wing goes straight in at number eight ahead of 1970s fly half Phil Bennett with 168 points in just 34 internationals.

He now needs 33 points to progress above Gareth Thomas who is in seventh, but is some way off his mentor and kicking coach Neil Jenkins, who heads the list with 1,049 points.

WALES: Leigh Halfpenny; Alex Cuthbert, Jonathan Davies, Ashley Beck, George North; Rhys Priestland, Mike Phillips; Gethin Jenkins, Matthew Rees, Adam Jones, Bradley Davies, Alun Wyn Jones, Dan Lydiate, Sam Warburton (Captain), Ryan Jones
REPLACEMENTS: Ken Owens, Paul James, Luke Charteris, Justin Tipuric, Rhys Webb, James Hook, Scott Williams

Wales' leading points scorers (all time):Neil Jenkins 1,049, Stephen Jones 917, James Hook 346, Paul Thorburn 304, Shane Williams 290, Arwel Thomas 211, Gareth Thomas 200, Leigh Halfpenny 168, Phil Bennett 166, Ieuan Evans 157

WALES

15 Leigh HALFPENNY (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,060)
DoB: 22.12.88. 5’10” / 1.77m. 13st 6lbs / 85kgs
International record: 34 caps (W 17, L 17; 168 pts – 11T, 10C, 31PG)

14 Alex CUTHBERT (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,089)
DoB: 05.04.90. 6’6” / 1.98m. 16st 3lbs / 103kgs
International record: 8 caps (W 5, L 3; 20 pts – 4T)

13 Jonathan DAVIES (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,066)
DoB: 05.04.88. 6’1” / 1.86m. 16st 8lb / 105kgs
International record: 28 caps (W 16, L 12; 40 pts – 8T)

12 Ashley BECK (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,097)
DoB: 15.04.90. 6’3” / 1.91m. 15st 13lbs / 101kgs
International record: 2 caps (L 2)

11 George NORTH (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,078)
DoB: 13.04.92. 6’4” / 1.92m. 17st 3lbs / 109kgs
International record: 23 caps (W 11, L 11, D 1; 55 pts – 11T)

10 Rhys PRIESTLAND (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,080)
DoB: 09.01.87 1.82m / 6’0”. 15st 0lbs / 95kgs
International record: 17 caps (W 11, L 6; 53 pts – 1T, 12C, 8PG)

9 Mike PHILLIPS (BAYONNE – Cap No 1,022)
DoB: 29.08.82. 6’3” / 1.91m. 15st 10lb / 101kgs
International record: 67 caps (W 33, L 32, D 2; 40 pts – 8T)

1 Gethin JENKINS (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,006)
DoB: 17.11.80. 6’2” / 1.88m. 19st 1lb / 121kgs
International record: 89 caps (W 41, L 46, D 2; 20 pts – 4T)

2 Matthew REES (SCARLETS, CAPTAIN – Cap No 1,033)
DoB: 09.12.80. 6’0” / 1.83m. 17st 1lbs / 108kgs
International record: 53 caps (W 23, L 29, D 1; 10 pts – 2T)

3 Adam JONES (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,018)
DoB: 08.03.81. 6’0” / 1.83m. 19st 4lbs / 122kgs
International record: 82 caps (W 40, L 39, D 3; 10 pts – 2T)

4 Bradley DAVIES (CARDIFF BLUES – Cap No 1,065)
DoB: 09.01.87. 6’6” / 1.98m. 19st 4lbs / 122kgs
International record: 35 caps (W 15, L 19, D 1)

5 Alun Wyn JONES (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,046)
DoB: 19.09.85. 6’5” / 1.96m. 19st 4lbs / 122kgs
International record: 65 caps (W 29, L 36; 35 pts – 7T)

6 Dan LYDIATE (NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS – Cap No 1,071)
DoB: 18.12.87. 1.93m / 6’4”. 18st 0lbs / 114kgs
International record: 26 caps (W 12, L 13, D 1)

7 Sam WARBURTON (CARDIFF BLUES, CAPTAIN – Cap No 1,070)
DoB: 05.10.88. 1.88m / 6’2”. 16st 4lbs / 103kgs
International record: 29 caps (W 15, L 14; 10 pts - 2T)

8 Ryan JONES (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,029)
DoB: 13.03.81. 6’5” / 1.96m. 17st 12lbs / 113kgs
International record: 66 caps (W 34, L 30, D 2; 5 pts – 1T)

REPLACEMENTS

16 Ken OWENS (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,088)
DoB: 03.01.87. 6’1” / 1.86m. 17st 3lbs / 109kgs
International record: 6 caps (W 5, L 1)

17 Paul JAMES (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,021)
DoB: 13.05.82. 6’1” / 1.86m. 18st 2lbs / 115kgs
International record: 36 caps (W 16, L 19, D 1)

18 Luke CHARTERIS (NEWPORT GWENT DRAGONS – Cap No 1,030)
DoB: 09.03.83. 6’9” / 2.06m. 19st 10lbs / 125kgs
International record: 36 caps (W 18, L 18)

19 Justin TIPURIC (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,087)
DoB: 06.08.89. 1.88m / 6’2” 15st 13lbs / 101kgs
International record: 5 caps (W 4, L 1)

20 Rhys WEBB (OSPREYS – Cap No 1,092)
DoB: 09.12.88. 6’0” / 1.83m. 13st 12lbs / 88kgs
International record: 3 caps (W 2, L 1)

21 James HOOK (PERPIGNAN – Cap No 1,047)
DoB: 27.06.85. 6’0” / 1.83m. 15st 2lbs / 96kgs
International record: 64 caps (W 29, L 33, D 2; 346 pts – 13T, 43C, 61PG, 4DG)

22 Scott WILLIAMS (SCARLETS – Cap No 1,084)
DoB: 10.10.90. 6’0” / 1.83m. 15st 13lbs / 101kgs
International record: 13 caps (W 8, L 5; 25 pts – 5T)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:32 am

We can still actually win the final Test with this side; but if our tactics also remain unchanged, the odds are against us.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:33 am

i just cant work out why howley still picking the out of form players . when we lose this 3rd test the only consolation out of it he wont get the job when gats finally steps down . i fear for Wales .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:42 am

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:i just cant work out why howley still picking the out of form players . when we lose this 3rd test the only consolation out of it he wont get the job when gats finally steps down . i fear for Wales .

Jimmy, you've got to look at it from Howley's point of view. If he replaces the out-of-form players and the new guys play well and we win, then some uncharitable sods might complain that he lost us the series by bad selcection in the 1st two tests. That can't happen now. If we lose, the talk will be about how much progress we've made, how much we've learnt, etc etc.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 21 Jun 2012, 8:45 am

This whole series has been a missed opportunity. No progress will have been made unless we win on Saturday, and by his selection he's made that less likely. Good work!

It was always going to be tough beating the Wallabies in Australia; but it would have been so much better if picked our form players and really had a go at them. Timidity tends not to win games of rugby.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:16 am

I predicted before the tour a 3 - 0 result to Aust now with this team it is very likely unless M Rees runs into Preistland in the first minute. Where is Ian Evans, has he told Howley he is an idiot or something along those lines???

Hibbard has paid the price of not being one of th blue eyed boys within the team, yes he gave the last two penalties away but if we had not kicked the ball away, we would not have been in a position to give them away.

Still looking forward to the game and I believe it will be close despite rewarding failure within the inner circle of some Welsh players.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:17 am

This is a sensible team and thank god the slectors aren't as hysterical as some of the fans. We can't drop players who didn't perform in the way we know they can in a test we lost to an injury time penalty. These players will want to put things right. I think we all know Ianto is a first choice 2nd row and most of the suggested replacements have been sensible ones, however what we need is evolution here and not revolution - If things dont go to plan there will be changes in the 2nd 40 but this is a team that needs to be given a chance - Think about it, "if you underperform and lose to a last minute penalty due to a lack of compusure then surely if you play better you can go 1 step further" - Come on Wales thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:32 am

glamorganalun wrote:I predicted before the tour a 3 - 0 result to Aust now with this team it is very likely unless M Rees runs into Preistland in the first minute. Where is Ian Evans, has he told Howley he is an idiot or something along those lines???

Hibbard has paid the price of not being one of th blue eyed boys within the team, yes he gave the last two penalties away but if we had not kicked the ball away, we would not have been in a position to give them away.

Still looking forward to the game and I believe it will be close despite rewarding failure within the inner circle of some Welsh players.

The last penalty was very harsh. The ref did not have a good view of what happened. And of course it happened after the 80 was up...

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:36 am

A fly half who can't kick and a hooker who can't throw.

"What shall we do Mr. Howley"?
"Let's pick 'em again"...

FEAR US Australia, FEAR US!!! picard

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:38 am

glamorganalun wrote:I predicted before the tour a 3 - 0 result to Aust now with this team it is very likely unless M Rees runs into Preistland in the first minute. Where is Ian Evans, has he told Howley he is an idiot or something along those lines???

And of course as he plays for the O's it cant be his fault that wales lost can it.Australia v Wales 3rd Test: Teams and Build-Up - Page 2 590675

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:45 am

well lets hope we stop kicking procession away after ten minutes of defending . aussies must love playing us giving them the ball all the time .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:52 am

Rubyguby, I hope you're right. I fear that the management will settle for a plucky defeat by one or two scores that can be spun as progress, learning, etc.

“Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for the reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally”
John Maynard Keynes quotes (English economist, journalist, and financier, 1883-1946)

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Thu 21 Jun 2012, 9:53 am

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:well lets hope we stop kicking procession away after ten minutes of defending . aussies must love playing us giving them the ball all the time .

Yes, and if we do have to kick, let's not kick it *quite* so far so the likes of Halfpint, North and Cuthbert can actually compete for it.

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next