The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!!

+27
Hound_of_Harrow
sugarNspikes
PenfroPete
Shifty
slartibartfast
Liam
bedfordwelsh
samuraidragon
wales606
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
kiakahaaotearoa
Knowsit17
Full Credit
Dontheman
Pal Joey
Scoped
boomeranga
Taylorman
majesticimperialman
Morgannwg
Bullsbok
Biltong
gowales
TycroesOsprey
BigTrevsbigmac
Oxford Welsh
maestegmafia
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wales vs Wallabies First Test who will win...???

Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!! Vote_lcap57%Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!! Vote_rcap 57% 
[ 31 ]
Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!! Vote_lcap43%Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!! Vote_rcap 43% 
[ 23 ]

Total Votes : 54

Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!! Empty Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!!

Post by maestegmafia Tue May 22, 2012 7:42 am

Date: Saturday, June 9
Venue: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
Kick-off: 20:00 (10:00 GMT)
Referee: Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Assistant referees: Keith Brown (New Zealand), Garratt Williamson (New Zealand)
TMO: Vinny Munro (New Zealand)

Australia:

Adam Ashley-Cooper (NSW); Joe Tomane (ACT), Rob Horne (NSW), Pat McCabe (ACT), Digby Ioane (Queensland); Berrick Barnes (NSW), Will Genia (Queensland); Benn Robinson (NSW), Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW), Sekope Kepu (NSW), Rob Simmons (Queensland), Nathan Sharpe (Western Force), Scott Higginbotham (Queensland), David Pocock (Western Force, capt), Wycliff Palu (NSW).

Replacements: Stephen Moore (ACT), Ben Alexander (ACT), Dave Dennis (NSW), Michael Hooper (ACT), Nic White (ACT), Anthony Fainga'a (Queensland), Mike Harris (Queensland).

Wales:

15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Scott Williams, 11 George North, 10 Rhys Priestland, 9 Mike Phillips, 8 Toby Faletau, 7 Sam Warburton (c), 6 Dan Lydiate, 5 Luke Charteris, 4 Bradley Davies, 3 Adam Jones, 2 Ken Owens, 1 Gethin Jenkins.
Replacements: 16 Matthew Rees, 17 Paul James, 18 Alun Wyn Jones, 19 Ryan Jones, 20 Lloyd Williams, 21 James Hook, 22 Ashley Beck.

Last edited by maestegmafia on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:35 pm; edited 7 times in total

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!! Empty Re: Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!!

Post by maestegmafia Tue May 22, 2012 8:00 am

Scott Williams and Jon Davies are mentioned in the Howley interview, along with Matthew Rees. All recovering well and are looking in good form according to the medics. They will be pushed harder in contact training next week.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!! Empty Re: Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!!

Post by Oxford Welsh Tue May 22, 2012 8:04 am

Come on Wales smash the Aussies !!!!

Oxford Welsh

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue May 22, 2012 8:19 am

The QC report was from 15/05 & he subsequently played for the Reds at 10 on 19/05.

Sounds like Deans was talking like Gats pre test

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:The QC report was from 15/05 & he subsequently played for the Reds at 10 on 19/05.

Sounds like Deans was talking like Gats pre test

He only played 40 minutes abd whilst he looked good in parts he is still going to be well undercooked for international rugby. That first test is our best chance of a win, the game against the scots really puts the ozzies under pressure.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue May 22, 2012 8:33 am

Nice article on Coopers recent return.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/rugby-gold/quade-cooper-back-for-queensland-reds-in-most-anticipated-rugby-return-this-year/story-fn8ouw0e-1226360552126

and this too

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3824_7766188,00.html

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxford Welsh Tue May 22, 2012 8:38 am

I hope Cooper plays personally - Georgie and Cuthbert are gonna terrorise him Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!! 3754190863

Oxford Welsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxford Welsh Tue May 22, 2012 8:38 am

Oops smiley error !

Oxford Welsh

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue May 22, 2012 8:48 am

Im quite hopeful you know its a long time since we have taken a first XV on tour, we should really target that first test with confidence.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue May 22, 2012 8:48 am

Oxford Welsh wrote:I hope Cooper plays personally - Georgie and Cuthbert are gonna terrorise him Latest Build up for the Wales summer tour to Australia. TEAMS ANNOUNCED...!!! 3754190863

As Howley says in the link above, both fans and players, as well as coaches want to see the best of the opposition otherwise you never know whether you met the challenge... Sad that they have lost young O'Conner, hope for Quade to make it, but he is only just back and it is a big ask. See how he goes next week vs the Brumbies.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue May 22, 2012 8:49 am

TycroesOsprey wrote:Im quite hopeful you know its a long time since we have taken a first XV on tour, we should really target that first test with confidence.

That is a good point, previously Wales had not seen this much depth in their squad and a few end of season injuries seriously weakened the team. This year it looks like only Jamie Roberts will be missing.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue May 22, 2012 8:54 am

yeah I will be watching every scrum this weekend praying that Adam comes through it fine.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue May 22, 2012 8:57 am

I think we all will.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Oxford Welsh Tue May 22, 2012 9:03 am

Last few times we played Australia we were ravaged by injury or suspensions. Didn't Andrews play TH the last time out, he's not even Pro level in my opinion when it comes to scrum time (and I mean professional not pro12 !)

We have depth in front row ( bar TH ) , 2nd and back row. Gutted re Roberts, but if Scott W steps up to the plate it may work in our favour on the hard ground of Australia.

So I for one am confident. Guess that our lot as Wales fans eternal optimists angel

Oxford Welsh

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue May 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Can't see us winning the first test, especially with Evans and AWJ both going to weddings, Warburton an injury doubt, missing Roberts and Davies hasn't had any game time. I think we will do much better in the second test and possibly win it, but i can't see us winning the first one.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon May 28, 2012 4:00 am

Australia squad in full: Ben Alexander, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Berrick Barnes, Kurtley Beale, Quade Cooper, Dave Dennis, Kane Douglas, Anthony Faingaa, Saia Faingaa, Bernard Foley, Will Genia, Michael Harris, Scott Higginbotham, Michael Hooper, Rob Horne, Digby Ioane, Sekope Kepu, Salesi Ma'afu, Pat McCabe, Ben McCalman, Jesse Mogg, Stephen Moore, Luke Morahan, Cadeyrn Neville, Dan Palmer, Wycliff Palu, Nick Phipps, David Pocock, Tatafu Polota Nau, Hugh Pyle, Benn Robinson, Nathan Sharpe, Dominic Shipperley, Rob Simmons, James Slipper, Sitaleki Timani, Joseph Tomane, Cooper Vuna, Nic White.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon May 28, 2012 4:00 am

Coopers in

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/18225774

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon May 28, 2012 4:37 am

A few things.

I am not sure how injured Beale is, or if it was just precaution, but Cooper played his first game this weekend and didn't light any fires but looked OK for contact.

Either way the first test is a big opportunity for Wales and I would suggest Gatland sends his big runners loose on Cooper.

The Australian Franchise have been finding their momentum during this last few weeks, so things are looking up.

Wales must hit Oz hard in the first half, as they won't gel immediately
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Mon May 28, 2012 5:25 am

Ja Wales need to bring everything including the kitchen sink at the Aussies in the first half , the longer those convicts are allowed to gel while still in striking distance ,the harder they'll be to beat
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon May 28, 2012 5:47 am

Aus will already be 'gelled' having already played Scotland won't they?
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon May 28, 2012 5:57 am

Morgan, I reckon the Scottish game won't see their full first XV, it is only four days before the Wales test.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon May 28, 2012 6:01 am

Im just happy that so far we only have Roberts injured so we will be taking a decent squad down..

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon May 28, 2012 6:03 am

Ah I see. Good chance for an upset there... We won't have many of our players play the Barbarians so we won't be so gelled ourselves.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon May 28, 2012 6:09 am

biltongbek wrote:Morgan, I reckon the Scottish game won't see their full first XV, it is only four days before the Wales test.

I dont think Aus can afford to take the scots too lightly, The were the team who gave me the biggest fright during the 6 Nations and had me most worried beforehand.

Its almost as if the ARFU wanted to make this summer as difficult as possible, crazy scedule, new coaching team, coach under pressure, Injuries and loss of form to key players, New captain and 15 uncapped players in the squad. Honestly if we dont turn them over in the first test we never will.

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon May 28, 2012 6:09 am

Morgan at least Wales will have more time to prepare, Deans will have six days, plus the midweek match to focus on.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon May 28, 2012 6:12 am

TycroesOsprey wrote:
biltongbek wrote:Morgan, I reckon the Scottish game won't see their full first XV, it is only four days before the Wales test.

I dont think Aus can afford to take the scots too lightly, The were the team who gave me the biggest fright during the 6 Nations and had me most worried beforehand.

Its almost as if the ARFU wanted to make this summer as difficult as possible, crazy scedule, new coaching team, coach under pressure, Injuries and loss of form to key players, New captain and 15 uncapped players in the squad. Honestly if we dont turn them over in the first test we never will.
Deans already said he won't take them lightly, but there is no way his first xv can play on the 2nd in a Super rugby match play Scotland 3 days later and then Wales 4 days later.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Mon May 28, 2012 7:18 am

Although i dont think that Wales will in Australia. But lets be honest this is the best chance Wales have of beating Australia. Probably the Best chance in the History of Welsh rugby.

This summer tour is straight after the Rugby World Cup, their best Players(Australia) either injured or retired from international rugby. So in my mind i dont think that Wales will win.

But i would not write them off either.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon May 28, 2012 7:51 am

majesticimperialman wrote:Although i dont think that Wales will in Australia. But lets be honest this is the best chance Wales have of beating Australia. Probably the Best chance in the History of Welsh rugby.

This summer tour is straight after the Rugby World Cup, their best Players(Australia) either injured or retired from international rugby. So in my mind i dont think that Wales will win.

But i would not write them off either.

Wales beat Australia a few times before madge.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon May 28, 2012 7:58 am

Here we go, maj reads a few a comments then repeats what everyone has just said (except in gibberish).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 8:14 am

As a neutral, I can be a little ho hum when it comes to the results of other teams. But something in me actually wants to see wales do well. Hope they do well enough and it'd be interesting to see their reaction if they did. Would they keep their feet on the ground or otherwise. Whatever the case, this series is hotly anticipated by most neutrals I'd say.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon May 28, 2012 8:17 am

It is the grandslam champs vs the tri nations champs. Should be a big one.

Glad to see it inspires the neutral rugby fans too.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon May 28, 2012 8:29 am

I am always inpired when SH teams play Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Mon May 28, 2012 8:34 am

me too. I think it will be the least one sided if I'm honest and its two teams who rely on running the ball so I'm expecting some hectic stuff.

I just hope both teams dont close up shop not wanting to risk being turned over.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by TycroesOsprey Mon May 28, 2012 9:01 am

I dont think Wales are going to close up shop in the first test, I think they are going to throw the kitchen sink at the Aussies. How that turns out for them will be key. If they throw everything at the Aussies and come up a point of two short as in the first game against SA last year then they may go into their shells a bit and we will see if the confidence is fragile or not. If they win then they will try to do the same again in the subsequent tests.

Dingo really has his work cut out for him. I actually looked at the Aussie squad and tried to come up with a team. But Im still stumped as to who will play 10 and who is going to be captain? Pocock I expect.

Given the schedule he cant really make any decisions on his team with any certainty until next sunday. Thats not a lot of preperation time. Then the scotland game is almost upon him. Up front at least the Scottish provide as much of a threat as Wales in the tight five and certainly better in the line. Its a shame Denton is missing though. The point is if there is one area where the Aussies cant risk playing their second string its in the tight five.

Im still unconvinced by Aussie strenth in depth in that area and their first choice fromt row is probably going to have to play 3 times next week else the scots will have a field day up front.

Honestly are the guys involved in scheduling in the ARFU trying to get Deans sacked, cos they arent helping him?

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon May 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Well Cooper is in the squad, so chances are he'll be playing ten.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by boomeranga Mon May 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Kurtley Beale has just been ruled out. They dont know the extent of the damage yet, but he is going in for a shoulder operation.

Beale Gone Link

boomeranga

Back to top Go down

Post by Scoped Mon May 28, 2012 5:51 pm

Can an Aussie fan give us a realistic looking lineup considering injuries? I would attempt it but I don't want to assume knowledge of players I rarely see play.

Scoped

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon May 28, 2012 6:29 pm

I won't pretend to know what Deans may be thinking, but have watched enough Super XV to have a stab at it.

1.Ben Alexander
2.Steven Moore
3.James Slipper
4.Scott Higginbottom
5.Nathan Sharpe
6. Ben McMalman
7.David Pocock
8. Palu
9.Genia
10.Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Barnes/Pat McCabe
13. AAC
14. Cooper Vuna
15. Jesse Hogg

Bench
Benn Robinson
Saia Faingaa
Dan Palmer
Kane Douglas
Nick Phipps
Anthony Faingaa
Luke Morahan

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon May 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Maybe Rob Simmons at 4, Higginbotham 6, BB. Dave Dennis is also playing well this season so would be nice to see him get a run.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 8:27 pm

Despite the run of injuries to some key players, that shadow team doesn't look to bad. Little bit of depth there ay. Wouldn't want too many more though, touch wood. Eyes will be on cooper, will he be the same or has the WC nightmare left some demons. We shall see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon May 28, 2012 8:29 pm

EBOP, Coooper is a confident young man, in fact you might want to say cocky young man.

He left those demons in NZ when he got on the plane home.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Mon May 28, 2012 9:53 pm

Beale is out. What a shame, because now all we will hear is how we only beat Australia B should we win a test match.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0528/1224316806839.html

He's out for a month so would probably miss the series.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon May 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Considering, Beale, Horwill and O'Connor might not play, it would be a B+ team, three more out then only does it become a B team.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Mon May 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Well Shane has retired and the Nugget is too old does that make us a
B team then? Of course not. A win is a win. Full stop

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon May 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Aussies will see the injuries as a disappointment but also as an opportunity to test other players..

Will be interesting to see who gets picked vs the scots..!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon May 28, 2012 10:36 pm

Morgannwg wrote:Beale is out. What a shame, because now all we will hear is how we only beat Australia B should we win a test match.

Morgannwg mate some people do nothing but criticise anything welsh on here. Leave them to it, the more they continue the more ridiculous they look.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon May 28, 2012 10:37 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:Beale is out. What a shame, because now all we will hear is how we only beat Australia B should we win a test match.

Morgannwg mate some people do nothing but criticise anything welsh on here. Leave them to it, the more they continue the more ridiculous they look.

True Maes, especially if he pre empts it all the time. Rolling Eyes
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 28, 2012 11:05 pm

Yeah, a B+ or an A-, if Quade's in one of his moods. But then again, it could be a C team depending on the Welsh reaction Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon May 28, 2012 11:11 pm

Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Full Credit Tue May 29, 2012 2:16 am

With no Beale, JOC, Tapuai, or Lealiifano, our backline isn't looking as potent as it could. Quade showed against the Brumbies on the weekend that he's still a fair way off his best and with the Reds having a bye next weekend he's not going to get a chance to play his way back to form before the tests.

Given the captain's out now too, I'd have to agree with most that Wales have never had a better chance.

Full Credit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next