The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I

+10
GSC
Marky
Fernando
Good Golly I'm Olly
The_Enigma
Gregers
Hero
NickisBHAFC
El Dios
Trebs
14 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How would you like to see the league operate?

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I Vote_lcap25%Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I Vote_lcap25%Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I Vote_lcap38%Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I Vote_lcap12%Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I Empty Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm

REALISTIC PREMIER LEAGUE - THE RESTART
NOTICEBOARD
- The first week of the league would be w/c 4 February
- Please read the Rules page: https://www.606v2.com/t39790-realistic-league-rules
- And leave any comments / suggestions you have from that

The 11 managers are:
Azzy, CF, El Dios, Enigma, Gregers, Liam, Marky, Nando, Nick, Olly, Trebs

We need one more manager to get underway.

League pages will be sorted as soon as Hero works out how to give me the permissions I need to de-sticky and de-announce the old threads.

Last edited by Azzy Mahmood on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 12:18 pm; edited 9 times in total

Back to top Go down

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I Empty Re: Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I

Post by Trebs Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:22 am

I think you should have either 12, or 16 teams. It's nicer numbers.

1. I think the results system worked well. It was time consuming but having a results based system rather than averaging scores worked a lot better. The Champions League/Europa League places also gave clear sections of the league, which I was planning to implement in successive seasons. Plenty of injuries also forced squad depth to be used.

2. The foreign transfers system didn't really work all that well as people were unhappy. A system needs to be implemented which allows the realistic transfers and gives realistic fees but ensures consistency. People also stopped caring and handing in tactics halfway through.

3. I would love to help out but really can't do that at the moment. I'm happy to try to assist getting the ground running, setting up a fixture list for example, but beyond that I would able to do something like injuries and that would be it.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I Empty Re: Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I

Post by El Dios Tue 08 Jan 2013, 7:40 am

Unfortunately I wasn't in the original so can't do Q1 or 2.

I think 1st season - maybe none of our teams could get champs league as - obvs the other 6 would be v.strong - what do you think?

Also - haven't set up a proper page in ages - if you could give me the script for one I would do Lawyers and Top Scorers (league)

El Dios

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 7:55 am

Thanks guys - when I get to work I'll add your suggestions to tge OP OK

As for numbers, 12 is better than 16, as it allows us to remove Everton and Newcastle from the list. Everyone else is pretty similar.

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 08 Jan 2013, 11:37 am

Ill be West Ham United Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I 3559488474

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:20 pm

Not sure how we'll do team-choosing yet...might be a random draw, we'll see how people feel. We need more managers first!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:21 pm

Also, can you give us your feedback on the good/bad points from the first league? We really want to fix some things before going ahead, and as I wasn't in the league first time round I'll need some pointers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:35 pm

Good point: I won the league
Bad point: I didn't win the cup

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:40 pm

Are you signing up Hero? The league needs its current champion...

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:43 pm

Put my name down for the mo, I've got far too much on my plate as it is at present though.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 08 Jan 2013, 12:58 pm

Put my name down, hopefully I'll be able to commit after taking Everton to CL football!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 1:03 pm

Excellent, thanks guys OK

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 08 Jan 2013, 1:39 pm

I'd much prefer to just be a manager then trying to run the league.

I will however offer my services to keep on top of the releases page. I will also chip in with providing either the weekly injuries or weekly forigen offers OK

That's about as much as I can commit too. I'll post something in the next few days about feedback regarding last season.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 1:43 pm

That's great thanks Enigma. With both you and Trebs stepping away from running it, I'll happily give it a go. With so many offers of assistance we'll all feel like we 'own' the league anyway Smile

Can anyone track down some of our previous managers, see if they're interested in rejoining?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 08 Jan 2013, 1:48 pm

They're all still around... just check out the other leagues & post something there, in the end we were down to about 10 managers anyway with some pulling double duty.

Olly seems to have washed his hands of it and GSC has said nothing about it. I would suggest posting in the other football league's cause there will be a few interested. Zinedine was somebody that was interested in starting when a new season starts. I send him a PM.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 08 Jan 2013, 3:03 pm

Maybe somebody could PM Olly and GSC and try and tempt them.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 3:23 pm

I've messaged GSC myself. I don't think Olly is in the mood today, we can try again in a few days (it's that time of the month in Norfolk...)

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 08 Jan 2013, 5:19 pm

If I do injuries and set up a fixture list,
Azzy run the homepage,
Enigma do foreign offers and releases
We're getting somewhere.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 08 Jan 2013, 5:52 pm

I could do the league table?

I know which ever numpty was in charge of it last time, it wasn't kept up to date.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 6:27 pm

i'l give it another crack...

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 08 Jan 2013, 6:42 pm

CF wrote:i'l give it another crack...

Yes please do, we need someone to come last OK

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 7:23 pm

Now now, let's be nice. CF is doing a decent job on Hero's fantasy league. Welcome aboard mate. Can I ask for your feedback on the last iteration of the league please? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 08 Jan 2013, 8:44 pm

Good points: The results system. But i think when doing predictions you must state why you have gone for the result and a decent response. Doesn't have to be a full match report, but just a simple sentence or 2. Because i feel people were voting against people last time, just to get one over on them and to help them self's out in the table.

Bad points: People dropping out of the league and not putting tactics up and sending predictions. Wrecks it for everyone and it is selfish at the end of the day. If people do it this time round, i think very strict punishments should be in order.

Assistance offered: I will do the league table.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 Jan 2013, 8:49 pm

Thanks Nick, much appreciated feedback. Will add it to the OP later.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 09 Jan 2013, 1:05 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Good points: The results system. But i think when doing predictions you must state why you have gone for the result and a decent response. Doesn't have to be a full match report, but just a simple sentence or 2. Because i feel people were voting against people last time, just to get one over on them and to help them self's out in the table.

Bad points: People dropping out of the league and not putting tactics up and sending predictions. Wrecks it for everyone and it is selfish at the end of the day. If people do it this time round, i think very strict punishments should be in order.

So you're calling yourself selfish?

I would have been interested in this but I am helping Sodhat run the American Football thing so I don't have the time to commit unfortunately
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 2:05 pm

No worries Olly, you go play with your odd-shaped balls Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 09 Jan 2013, 3:43 pm

Olly wrote:
NickisBHAFC wrote:Good points: The results system. But i think when doing predictions you must state why you have gone for the result and a decent response. Doesn't have to be a full match report, but just a simple sentence or 2. Because i feel people were voting against people last time, just to get one over on them and to help them self's out in the table.

So you're calling yourself selfish?

I would have been interested in this but I am helping Sodhat run the American Football thing so I don't have the time to commit unfortunately

Thats because i had an almighty serious situation going on at home where i couldn't even commit to college work let a known a little game on the internet.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 3:58 pm

azzy i have stated my intrest, could you put me in the list of managers in the OP please..?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 4:39 pm

Have done CF, we only need 3 more manager now OK

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 5:07 pm

cheers pal

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 09 Jan 2013, 6:06 pm

CF if you could spread the word to get some more people who may be interested in joining that would be great OK

Also try not to get sacked this time and have a hissy fit Wink

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 7:31 pm

CF's fine, he's been a good lad in the fantasy league. He's a good manager, and with a good setup there's no real reason for anyone to get sacked / feel like quitting. Let's get three managers on board so we can agree some stuff Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 09 Jan 2013, 8:59 pm

Are we allowed to choose our side Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 09 Jan 2013, 9:18 pm

If you need a manager i can do tactics and stuff but i wouldnt have time to help out with the other stuff sorry!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:06 pm

Nando - depends on what people prefer, we'd obviously agree each team's budget before teams were distributed.

Olly - great news. We can handle the organisation, just come and play the game Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I 3559488474

So that's two more managers. Just one spot left!

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:11 pm

Russel Elmo i think his name is, did a good job with Fulham. Someone could ask him. Not sure if he still uses 606v2 anymore though!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:13 pm

Russ quit our fantasy league before Christmas and no-one's heard from him since...I think Olly/Tooze/Soddy might be in touch with him though?

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:27 pm

Russ has a Uni dissertation to be doing!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:35 pm

He's best buddies with Marky, he'd be best to ask in regards.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:37 pm

Azzy how you planning to enforce transfers btw as realistic leagues in my experience always end up in fall outs over if a player should be allowed in the league etc.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:41 pm

The foreign transfers is something we all need to agree on.

I wonder if there's a strict way it could be done based on the player (i.e. number of games played this season, foreign club status)

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:44 pm

What do you guys think about the link thing we used to do with the reasoning for foreigns?

I think that should be scrapped because there is ridiculous links out there, but because they are submitted people will see others with them and think they've been wronged
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:56 pm

I think one of the main problems for me with 'realistic' transfers is that real life transfers often pull off a huge shocker too.
Michu to Swansea
Carrico to Reading
Ramirez to Southampton

All of these in a realistic league would never go through based on past experience yet they occur in real life.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:44 am

I think it may be worth holding out for 16 Managers now.

We got 11 no problem, and with a few weeks to go until the season starts, I think we'll get 16. Makes the league more fun when there's more of us anyway

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:48 am

Problem with 16 is that there are some very good clubs with valuable players in them - Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle, Tottenham - that gives some managers a huge advantage. I'd take Liverpool with £0 budget over QPR with £50m budget any day.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:30 am

Different teams have different goals for each season.

I know I do and some people relish competing against the bigger teams trying to take points from them. It's what makes the game realistic.

I also think with 16, it should be harder to get into Europe. Perhaps the top 2 finish in the champions league spots with 3/4/5 finishing in Europa League.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:35 am

Well we'll see how we get on with finding managers, hopefully we'll get the interest and can go for that. Where's best to advertise? Is there an adverts section on here?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 Jan 2013, 10:35 am

I don't think anyone should get into the CL from it as then longevity wise those teams then can attract names that simply blow the others totally out of the water. Again whilst in RL you get the occasional shock result in a mismatch, in a vote system it wouldn't happen.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:02 am

Azzy Mahmood wrote:Well we'll see how we get on with finding managers, hopefully we'll get the interest and can go for that. Where's best to advertise? Is there an adverts section on here?

Users normally just post a new topic in the gaming section & go to the other leagues and post on their home page with a link. I would try all the football leagues that are going on OK

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:45 am

yeah am in king should stick with 12 for this season then expand after last season

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next