The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I

+10
GSC
Marky
Fernando
Good Golly I'm Olly
The_Enigma
Gregers
Hero
NickisBHAFC
El Dios
Trebs
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How would you like to see the league operate?

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 Vote_lcap38%Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 Vote_lcap12%Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 Empty Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

REALISTIC PREMIER LEAGUE - THE RESTART
NOTICEBOARD
- The first week of the league would be w/c 4 February
- Please read the Rules page: https://www.606v2.com/t39790-realistic-league-rules
- And leave any comments / suggestions you have from that

The 11 managers are:
Azzy, CF, El Dios, Enigma, Gregers, Liam, Marky, Nando, Nick, Olly, Trebs

We need one more manager to get underway.

League pages will be sorted as soon as Hero works out how to give me the permissions I need to de-sticky and de-announce the old threads.

Last edited by Azzy Mahmood on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 12:18 pm; edited 9 times in total

Back to top Go down

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 Empty Re: Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I

Post by Marky Sun 20 Jan 2013, 7:32 pm

Because LRF, my name is Marky, and I'm addicted to online fantasy Football management games.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 Empty Re: Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I

Post by LRF Sun 20 Jan 2013, 7:38 pm

Control your actions then before going steaming in headfirst. But, I've no room to talk I suppose. Wink

At least we have something in common. Laugh

LRF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:01 pm

Evening all - been out in the snow all weekend so haven't had the chance to sort through things - once the wife is asleep tonight I'll try to sneak off downstairs to get on the pc OK

Back to top Go down

Post by LRF Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:28 pm

Azzy, We'll get everything sorted. You could possibly take my place and then have 12 members and put me on the waiting list if you like trying to elp you out as you go along?

Just fancy having a stab at Kamran's league currently mate, is that ok?

LRF

Back to top Go down

Post by LRF Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:34 pm

But struggling to decide which league to take up at the moment. This is fresh and new league but Kamran's has experience and it seems something good to have a go at.

LRF

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:45 pm

I'm sure that the Euro Elite league came after this one LRF, we did get one full season under our belt which ended around mid november time, but by all means have a go at both leagues OK I think we'd all be grateful for the extra help to be fair.

The only reason I'm suggestion 14 is because it's a compromise between the 12 & 16 and everybody wins really. Trebs, I agree with your suggestions about the cup thumbsup

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by LRF Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:50 pm

I thought this was a new league. nah, I don't want to split my commitments to both leagues 50-50. I have limited time on 606v2 as it is as I a currently on another website running my own league so I need to focus on that as well.

I think I'm going to go for Kamran's League, sorry guys. Know him off another website and been in a league of mine before so it may be best for me. Apology there.

But, The_Engima, we need to keep in touch, I'll be friend you on here and maybe hat over PM if that is ok?

LRF

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:52 pm

Yeah fine by me OK

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by LRF Sun 20 Jan 2013, 8:55 pm

Nice. Just sent you a request now mate. Once again, apologies around folks and good luck with the league all. Ok!

LRF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 9:34 am

Thanks LRF, we'll get this kicked off now OK

If anyone knows of any further potential managers then let us know - if not we'll have to start with 12 teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Jan 2013, 11:59 am

get on with it Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:20 pm

You try being married to a moaner, with a 3 year old who wants to play in the snow Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 21 Jan 2013, 12:26 pm

excuses Wink now get on with it Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 21 Jan 2013, 3:06 pm

BAN LRF HE IS PROMOTING OTHER WEBSITES!

JUST START THIS LEAGUE BAWWW GAWWWWWD STONE COLD STONE COLD STONE COLD

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 21 Jan 2013, 4:06 pm

come on, let's crack on with this lads Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 21 Jan 2013, 7:05 pm

There's no point unless its after the transfer window closes. Stop being impatient, its less than 2 weeks away. We could assign teams but transfers and definite squads couldn't be posted until Feb 1st.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Mon 21 Jan 2013, 7:09 pm

I don't think assigning teams is a good idea or people will do pre-deals. That was a problem in the last league IMO.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:41 am

Right guys, I'm online today, and will start to get a few things firmed up. I can confirm that we're not going to start the league until the transfer window has closed - and while we'll put tentative budgets in place, these will be subject to revision once the squads are finalised.

And we'll be doing a random allocation, not choosing teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 22 Jan 2013, 12:02 pm

so we have 9 days to sort everything out Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 3559488474

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 12:03 pm

Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 22 Jan 2013, 12:26 pm

If i don't get Fulham, I will burn the realistic premier league right down to the ground! devil
Would we be allowed to swap clubs if we go down the road of allocating teams? On another note, Azzy, if you need assistance with anything for preparing the league, just pop us a PM thumbsup

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:05 pm

Why can't we choose teams?

If I'm not Norwich I will revolt
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:18 pm

CF: Azzy, Azzy, Olly is revolting!

Azzy: Yes I know, he is rather ugly isn't he...

Random teams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:23 pm

But we can swap?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:26 pm

Don't see why not - whoever gets Norwich will be desperate to get rid anyway Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:34 pm

when is the cut-off point if more managers want to sign up to the league?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:52 pm

I'd say next Monday maybe? Gives us a week for a final push.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:57 pm

I agree Azzy another week is good.

And if both managers are happy, then a swap seems fine to me.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 22 Jan 2013, 4:35 pm

I've posted a little add now. If we can get 2 more, or even 4 more managers then the more the merrier!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 4:41 pm

Hero is giving us an Admin section, I'll tidy up the main pages too and get de-sticky all those redundant threads. Then replace them with new, modern, sleek, sophisticated ones Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 4 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Tue 22 Jan 2013, 6:06 pm

Maybe if we put a folder with the old league in for the memories?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 22 Jan 2013, 6:10 pm

Yeah i like the sound of everyone gets assigned a team but if he/she wishes to swap they may do so with someone else who agrees to.

NOW START THE GOD DAM LEAGUE

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Jan 2013, 8:48 pm

I get the feeling Nick is sitting there, stopwatch in hand, and every 20mins has to shout at people online else the voices in his head will do bad things to him...

We're getting close Nick, have patience my young padawan

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:12 pm

I need some realisticness in my life

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 22 Jan 2013, 11:14 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:I need some realisticness in my life

Yeah Brighton in the Championship! How unrealistic #dizzyheights #nosebleed Wink
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 9:31 am

Morning lads

I've been working offline on a rules page, so I'll add what I have so far later. Still can't get over the Bradford result!

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:40 am

Azzy, can you now see the admin section?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:49 am

I can, thanks Hero. I don't seem to be able to de-sticky threads or anything though?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Wed 23 Jan 2013, 10:51 am

Can you try now?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:03 am

Guys now that Hero has taken a step back from leagues, we need a 12th man to replace him. Rules will be posted this morning, along with draft budgets (to be discussed obviously!)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:19 am

When did Hero leave? lol

Azzy, you think it might be worth something if you posted in the Euro Division to see if anybody there would like to take the remaining spot?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:34 am

I've done it a few times, being in it myself, but I think we're about as full as we're going to get from there. Maybe we could entice Bull back?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 24 Jan 2013, 10:36 am

Yeah could be worth a try, pop him a PM or something. I've just posted something in the elite fantasy home page too OK The Plugging Machine

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:03 am

Cherries fan has done it, before but we must stress that quiting cant happen.

Anyone heard from Russel?

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:04 am

Russ can't do it sadly, too busy at uni. Cherries is a good lad I've found.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:09 am

As promised, the Rules page is finished: https://www.606v2.com/t39790-realistic-league-rules#1806866

Please let me know what you think about budgets / voting / anything else that catches your eye.

Also, can we get the remaining 11 managers to confirm that they're still taking part? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:51 am

Two things I disagree with:

1. Would like more than two injuries.
2. Regarding results, I'm a fan of a less 'pure' system. i.e. if you get something like:
Team A = 5 votes
Draw = 2 votes
Team B = 4 votes

IMO It should be a draw. Maybe do something like must be at least 50% of votes to win in order to win?

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:52 am

Would also like a limit on tactics if possible.

Other than that, I like it Smile

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jan 2013, 12:08 pm

I'll take those 1-by-1:

1. If you're Southampton and you get three injuries, they could be Lambert, Ramirez and Lallana. That'd be crippling. I do think two is fine - but if others want three, we'll do three Smile

2. I prefer the 'majority' vote, as in your example, the most common result is a Team A win. Regardless of the fact that only 45% of people voted for it, only 36% people voted Team B, and 18% went for the draw. If this was the GOAT awards, Team A would win - I just think it simplifies the system for everyone. Let's hear what others think Smile

3. A limit on tactics is fine, but on the Euro Division I think tactics are okay, even despite their length. If you write long tactics no-one is going to read them, so it'd be to your detriment anyway. Happy to take opinions on that too Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 24 Jan 2013, 12:09 pm

Okay Azzy, we'll see, they're just my thoughts. Thing is if you have a 30 man squad, two injuries won't do enough IMO as there's still 28 to choose from.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next