The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I

+10
GSC
Marky
Fernando
Good Golly I'm Olly
The_Enigma
Gregers
Hero
NickisBHAFC
El Dios
Trebs
14 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How would you like to see the league operate?

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 Vote_lcap25%Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]
Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 Empty Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I

Post by Guest Mon 07 Jan 2013, 11:34 pm

First topic message reminder :

REALISTIC PREMIER LEAGUE - THE RESTART
NOTICEBOARD
- The first week of the league would be w/c 4 February
- Please read the Rules page: https://www.606v2.com/t39790-realistic-league-rules
- And leave any comments / suggestions you have from that

The 11 managers are:
Azzy, CF, El Dios, Enigma, Gregers, Liam, Marky, Nando, Nick, Olly, Trebs

We need one more manager to get underway.

League pages will be sorted as soon as Hero works out how to give me the permissions I need to de-sticky and de-announce the old threads.

Last edited by Azzy Mahmood on Thu 24 Jan 2013, 12:18 pm; edited 9 times in total

Back to top Go down

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 Empty Re: Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 11:55 am

Yay Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 3559488474

How would expansion happen though? Pick from the promoted / top of the Championship teams? We couldn't really put the larger teams in.

The alternate method is to keep all the big teams in and take out the Readings/Southamptons of the league, although that doesn't make it as exciting with so many great players already in the league.

Back to top Go down

Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 Empty Re: Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I

Post by Fernando Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:00 pm

could always start a couple of big teams with a negative budget Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:18 pm

Forcing them to sell to teams in the league...interesting suggestion. What do people make of that? Say, something like:

Man U = -£50m
Man C = -£45m
Chelsea = -£30m
Arsenal = -£10m
Tottenham = -£10m
Everton = £0m
Aston Villa = £35m
West Brom = £40m
Wigan = £50m

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 10 Jan 2013, 12:37 pm

With regards to expansion..

The plan was to use the teams that had been missed out from the first season which was teams like Sunderland, QPR.... Then the teams that had finished bottom were not allowed to be used in the next season OK

By the time Season 3 rolls around, there very well good be teams from the championship that have been promoted by then.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 1:05 pm

Well we have a few options now, what would people prefer to go with?

- 12 lowest teams now, expansion later
- 16 lowest teams now
- 12 highest teams now, expansion later
- 16 highest teams now

With the possible negative budgets being attached to bigger clubs too (if people like that idea, which I do).

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 10 Jan 2013, 1:11 pm

12 lowest teams now, expansion later
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 10 Jan 2013, 1:19 pm

I like the idea of having negative budgets for the bigger clubs, I know we did do this to a degree last season with a couple of teams starting on £0

I'd personally prefer 16 teams now. Let's make a poll? Realistic Premier League - The Restart Page I - Page 2 3559488474

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 1:31 pm

A poll is now up.

I chose 16 highest teams, minus budgets for the bigger ones. That way whoever owns United will have to sell, say, Rooney + Carrick, while the owner of West Ham could be the person that ends up with Rooney. Could be interesting.

I'd also suggest that, if we're doing minus budgets, that those teams have one week to get back to £0m, or they have players taken from them and auctioned off. This forces them to sell a big player or two. Or Carrick.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 3:37 pm

i would like to be west ham as i support them...but to be honest i dont mind who i get either way..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 3:38 pm

CF, you're a Hammers fan? Shame, I used to like you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 10 Jan 2013, 4:01 pm

#startitalreadydammit

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 4:03 pm

Well we agreed that we'd wait until the transfer window had ended, so that the squads were settled.

That, and we need one more manager if we're doing a 12-person league, ot five more if we're doing a 16-er Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by El Dios Thu 10 Jan 2013, 5:49 pm

Sounds good issue is the value of money.
What will you based players values on etc. I.E. release value is half of transfermarkt value or something similar

El Dios

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Jan 2013, 6:20 pm

Fernando wrote:#startitalreadydammit

thumbsup start this shizzle up!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Thu 10 Jan 2013, 6:37 pm

The league definitely shouldn't start till the start of February.

I like the imbalance of sides in the league, it gives separate targets. So teams like Everton and Newcastle would be expected to win while Reading would just want survival.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 10 Jan 2013, 9:51 pm

Yeah league should start in February

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 11 Jan 2013, 9:36 am

I'll ask Russell if he wants in OK

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:00 am

Great, thanks Marky. Would be good to have Russ back, he's a great guy to have on the thread.

In terms of transfers, it's always the thing that realistic leagues struggle with. This will be my 7th/8th realistic league, and the only thing that ever causes people to moan is transfers.

What about:

Releases = half of the TM value (so a £5m player gets released for £2.5m)
Lawyers = +25% of the TM value (so a £5m player gets an offer of £6.25m)
TPs = the realistic part, where we have to agree on a methodology. It depends on which teams we're managing - if we went 12 small teams, we'd all be after the same calibre of player. It's when the big clubs can sign big players and the smaller clubs get left behind that causes difficulty.

Suggestions?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:17 pm

I've also spoken to Zinedine Zebra, he's having a think and said he'll get back to us.

I honestly think that using sources such as papaers, websites ect. is a good way to estimate the value of a player and just how realistic the transfer it is, but I think if we are to use sources, we need to use more than one.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:19 pm

I would suggest a bank of reliable sources for gathering transfer targets.

IE: Telegraph, Times, BBC, Sky = YES
Talksport, Metro, others that just make things up = NO

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:21 pm

That's a solid suggestion Hero. Add the Daily Mail to that list, despite their reputation they're usually spot on with football.

Definitely no to Talksport and the Metro though Laugh

How does that sound to people? This isn't to say that you can't sign players you haven't been linked with, if you put up a good enough case, but paper stories would be great backups for ambitious signings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:23 pm

Russell isn't in due to Uni, basically he wouldn't be able to finish the season due to his dissertation so sees no point starting it.

But i'm in, 100% as opposed to maybe.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:38 pm

Okay, thanks for checking Russ out Marky OK

Can people please give us the websites we will use as our ONLY sources for TPs? Hero's started the list but I don't want to miss any out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:40 pm

Yeah last time round it was quite the free for all on TP targets so I had a field day digging out complete claptrap from the Metro etc on all the wonderkids joining Spurs.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trebs Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:40 pm

I don't think we should use TM if we can avoid it.

Trebs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:42 pm

We're only proposing to use TM for releases values Trebs, if we're all agreed on that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 11 Jan 2013, 1:44 pm

YES:

Guardian, Times, Telegraph, Sky Sports, BBC, Mail,

Potential:

Mirror, Sun, Express

No: Star, Metro, Talksport, tribalfootball, caughtoffside, bleacherreport, goal, lifesapitch, etc

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 2:00 pm

Potential: overseas ones like Marca and the Gazetta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Fri 11 Jan 2013, 2:02 pm

Don't the Marca just state everyone is joing Real?

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 Jan 2013, 2:26 pm

Yes, but on rare occasions it has things like Granero to QPR, Coentrao's falling out with Mourinho etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 11 Jan 2013, 10:39 pm

I would need to see my timetable for next semester before deciding whether I could commit.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:55 pm

GSC wrote:I would need to see my timetable for next semester before deciding whether I could commit.

Its not that hard Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 11 Jan 2013, 11:59 pm

University work is a slight step up from redoing your key stage 2 sats for the 5th time Nick
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:11 am

#burned
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:14 am

#thatgirlisonfire
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:25 am

#mediastudiesdegreeain'tthathard

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 12 Jan 2013, 12:29 am

#mediastudiesgscewasgreatbutimdoingchemistry
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 12 Jan 2013, 10:29 am

LOL GSC clap

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 13 Jan 2013, 1:31 pm

Olly wrote:#burned

how? It was a horrific joke.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Sun 13 Jan 2013, 11:56 pm

Any of you lot want to take Spurs on in the Elite League? One of the top teams and it only takes the tiniest bit of work each week.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 14 Jan 2013, 7:31 am

Don't know if any of you boys are into rugby, but if you are and you fancy it, there is a vacancy for a London Irish manager on this fantasy game....

https://www.606v2.com/t38989-homepage
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:02 am

Hero wrote:Any of you lot want to take Spurs on in the Elite League? One of the top teams and it only takes the tiniest bit of work each week.
I'd take any team but Spurs. I hate Spurs mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:48 am

^ this

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:50 am

So what else needs to be decided people? And we still need another manager.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:51 am

Who gets what team Whistle

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:52 am

That's one thing to be decided. I prefer a random draw myself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:55 am

can i do it king

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 12:03 pm

Once we have the following:

1. An extra manager
2. Agreement on which teams to use
3. Budgets for each team agreed

For that we need people to tell us what they reckon. I'd say:

1. We all need to ask around
2. The poll suggests the 12 lower teams
3. No minuses, but Reading would have the biggest budget (say £30m)

Back to top Go down

Post by El Dios Mon 14 Jan 2013, 1:13 pm

I still think with the lowest teams you could have some very low/negative number just to mix things up abit

El Dios

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2013, 1:20 pm

The 12 aren't too disparate in terms of values, so a team like Swansea might get £5m compared to £30m Reading?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next