The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+36
BlueCoverman
I'm never wrong
MustPuttBetter
Davie
Nay
JPX
1GrumpyGolfer
beninho
raycastleunited
shudofhita4iron
Roller_Coaster
Skydriver
princedracula
Shotrock
dynamark
golfermartin
lorus59
SmithersJones
pedro
Seve_The_Great
gaelgowfer
barragan
incontinentia
super_realist
Doon the Water
puligny
GunsGerms
kwinigolfer
Hibbz
hend085
JAS
McLaren
navyblueshorts
mystiroakey
Diggers
oldshanker
40 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 12 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by oldshanker Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:56 am

First topic message reminder :

I agree Digs - what I was commenting on was not their lack of invention, but their lack of cohesion. They did not get the basics right, the least a back has to do is commit his opposite number, which becomes more important against the 'drift' defence, and then follow up and support. This was not happening yesterday, apart from Chris ashton on occasions.

I have not seen Goode play in his club matches, but on a number of occasions, he caught the ball deep, began to run, hesitated and then was caught without any support. I can't remember ever seeing Ben Foden caught like that. It is yet another sign of a lack of cohesion in the backs.

Of course, this probably is all due to the fact they are a relatively new squad and should come together the more they play together. But on the face of it, I think yesterday was a fair showing against a team that in my opinion is still there to be taken and will possibly only get one win in this series.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:32 pm

I haven't and will not watch it Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:38 pm

your loss.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:43 pm

the lyrics to the latest golf boys song are really clever. the guy who wrote it had huge difficulty finding a line that rhymes with 'louis oosthuizen'. its a real hoot though.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:43 pm

I don't like cats or silly dance crazes Mac, the "hilarity" would be lost on me.

By the way, played TOC on Saturday. The 11th green changes are a mess.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:18 pm

incontinentia wrote:the lyrics to the latest golf boys song are really clever. the guy who wrote it had huge difficulty finding a line that rhymes with 'louis oosthuizen'. its a real hoot though.

Errrrrr no.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:46 pm

JPX wrote:
incontinentia wrote:the lyrics to the latest golf boys song are really clever. the guy who wrote it had huge difficulty finding a line that rhymes with 'louis oosthuizen'. its a real hoot though.

Errrrrr no.
you've got dead ears mate.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:29 am

One of the guys I know from our annual Okehampton golf trip is on his way back from his Stag do...6 nights in Vegas!!

Which obviously begs the question...if money was no object...what would be your stag do preference. (N.B. I am NOT canvassing for ideas for myself!!).

Where would you go and why?

Last edited by JAS on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:30 pm

and this week just keeps getting worse... JLS have split up Sad Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Im gutted.Have to watch one direction now.
Talking of watching the BBA basketball play off final at 3 on sunday may be worth a look ,Leicester v Newcastle grudge game should be very agressive
.Bloody expensive to go live cannot be done for less than about £120 for two so over to the demon Sky sports

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:11 pm

incontinentia wrote:and this week just keeps getting worse... JLS have split up Sad Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

Laugh Yahoo Ale cake cider

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Seve_The_Great Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:24 pm

super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:and this week just keeps getting worse... JLS have split up Sad Rolling Eyes Crying or Very sad

Turns out we were wrong super. There is a God after all...

Seve_The_Great

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Seve_The_Great wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Turns out we were wrong super. There is a God after all...

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:11 pm

International quality hookers.!!
Let me share this.Invited to a 21st birthday do last night young lady who works in my local invited pretty much everyone to her do in the village hall.
Bench seats mum dad aunties uncles kids ,pizza,things on sticks,disco,I pitched up on the basis that a few of the other regulars would be there.Sure enough very pleasant everyone having a good time sat down introduced to a very tidy young lady,attractive,blonde,articulate,enjoyed her company for an hour or so,what do you do?.I play rugby she replies.For England!What position?Hooker.Off to New Zealand later in the year for test matches .
Bizzare but true -very nice lass and well done her.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:42 pm

Talking of stag dos.

I have just been on my bi annual amsterdam/belgium/golf trip..

If i got married that would do me i suppose.

Great smoking a joint in the sun in the red light district of the dam then on to leuven(I have never seen so much high quality 18-21 yr olds in my life!!-) drinking quality beers in the sun.... Then on to RSG, princes and Chart hills(staying in canterbury- beautifull town and all).

Yep it doesnt get much better than that..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:55 pm

So did you shank on the 19th then?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:16 pm

I don't think I've ever seen a larger head on an active sportsman than that exhibited by Sunderland's Alfred N'Diaye. Red Rum might run him close I suppose.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed May 01, 2013 7:11 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a larger head on an active sportsman than that exhibited by Sunderland's Alfred N'Diaye. Red Rum might run him close I suppose.

He's a big lad that's for sure. Also pretty skilful, could be a very good player I think but still a work in progress.
Id say Kevin Pieterson has the biggest head in sport, though it houses a comparatively small brain.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Wed May 01, 2013 7:35 pm

dynamark wrote:International quality hookers.!!
Let me share this.Invited to a 21st birthday do last night young lady who works in my local invited pretty much everyone to her do in the village hall.
Bench seats mum dad aunties uncles kids ,pizza,things on sticks,disco,I pitched up on the basis that a few of the other regulars would be there.Sure enough very pleasant everyone having a good time sat down introduced to a very tidy young lady,attractive,blonde,articulate,enjoyed her company for an hour or so,what do you do?.I play rugby she replies.For England!What position?Hooker.Off to New Zealand later in the year for test matches .
Bizzare but true -very nice lass and well done her.

Oh dear, that'll 'learn me' for not reading a bit more slowly. The word "Hooker" leapt off the page at me and of course, I leapt to etc etc ... Doh Laugh

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed May 01, 2013 8:58 pm

A discussion on another thread reminded me of someone I've met in real life who had a very big head (in the literal sense), John Virgo. It was a wonder he didn't topple over, must have weighed a ton.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed May 01, 2013 9:09 pm

!!

Another is Chubby Chandler - read an article yesterday which described him as having a mortar shell of a head.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed May 01, 2013 9:32 pm

Anyone watching Masterchef. Its cracking me up.

the east end girl cooking for michelin star dudes..

"Its a wicked dish right. I gotta bosh it out with luv and care riiight."

(I do have a soft spot for her though!)

Anyway the dishes look amazing! I need to go to that restaurant..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Has Mac died?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue May 07, 2013 1:21 pm

10001 posts super, well done! clap
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue May 07, 2013 1:23 pm

Not really Inco, just shows I've got too much time on my hands and should do more actual work.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue May 07, 2013 3:31 pm

well done for only posting that amount pal..!!

I am going to try and take my time before I hit 20000.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed May 08, 2013 2:13 pm

super_realist wrote:Has Mac died?

Not yet, although today feels like a day to mourn.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed May 08, 2013 2:41 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:Has Mac died?

Not yet, although today feels like a day to mourn.

Really, how come?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed May 08, 2013 3:28 pm

Ferguson retiring I guess...

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed May 08, 2013 3:30 pm

I heard people on the radio saying they were depressed about that.

IT'S JUST A GAME!!!

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed May 08, 2013 3:35 pm

For sure his replacement will be deemed a failure, no matter who it'll be. Tough act to follow. I understand mac is on radio silence, probably now crying like a baby, while whipping himself with a soaking wet Tiger Woods towel.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed May 08, 2013 6:35 pm

super_realist wrote:I heard people on the radio saying they were depressed about that.

IT'S JUST A GAME!!!

Taking nothing away from his achievements (which predictably the beeb have pre '86 amnesia about) but a man retiring from a job at 71 years of age is NOT national news headlines. If it is then this country's media truly have lost the plot and all sense of priority and proportion. Like you say Super...IT'S JUST A GAME

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed May 08, 2013 6:50 pm

Its a big deal lads.. He is a sporting legend who transcends globally. lets not take that away from him. When they say they are depressed I doubt they are running to there local GP's and asking for citralopram just yet!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed May 08, 2013 8:09 pm

Nah, it's not a big deal in the wider context. It's big(ish) news to English football and more specifically for one club.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed May 08, 2013 8:44 pm

The BBC's priorities tend to be upside down on so many things, but would say this is a transcending sports story.
Why David Cameron has to waste parliamentary time over it, only he knows.

So, who do you fancy to take over from David Moyes?
Martinez?
Coyle??

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Mourinho at Everton

Laugh

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed May 08, 2013 9:42 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Its a big deal lads.. He is a sporting legend who transcends globally. lets not take that away from him. When they say they are depressed I doubt they are running to there local GP's and asking for citralopram just yet!!

In terms of global news Mysti it's really not...Although in a way you could say it is important in terms of a study of what constitutes a successful man manager i.e. many in the business world could learn from him.

As I said in my earlier post I'm taking nothing away from his achievements which have been exceptional in his field.

The country is in the pits of economic malaise and rather than people thinking about how to dig ourselves out of it we get distracted by the frivolities of celebrity and let the media force feed us "vital, crucial" footie matches every weekend...what a load of tosh!! Vital and crucial to Sky's share price maybe but thats about it really.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Wed May 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Fancy that ... Fergie upstaging The Queen!

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed May 08, 2013 10:37 pm

That's because Helen Mirren didn't play the Queen.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed May 08, 2013 10:58 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:Fancy that ... Fergie upstaging The Queen!
Which Fergie are we talking about?

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed May 08, 2013 11:08 pm

Which Queen for that matter?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu May 09, 2013 1:43 am

JAS wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Its a big deal lads.. He is a sporting legend who transcends globally. lets not take that away from him. When they say they are depressed I doubt they are running to there local GP's and asking for citralopram just yet!!

In terms of global news Mysti it's really not...Although in a way you could say it is important in terms of a study of what constitutes a successful man manager i.e. many in the business world could learn from him.

As I said in my earlier post I'm taking nothing away from his achievements which have been exceptional in his field.

The country is in the pits of economic malaise and rather than people thinking about how to dig ourselves out of it we get distracted by the frivolities of celebrity and let the media force feed us "vital, crucial" footie matches every weekend...what a load of tosh!! Vital and crucial to Sky's share price maybe but thats about it really.

Well we are are spending our time on a forum discussing it. Be honest we crack on and earn and live for ourselves- Do we really want to be worrying about the global economy in our free time, Id rather talk about sport mate..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu May 09, 2013 6:44 am

Ignorance is bliss isn't it mysti!
It's so easy to engineer society into a state of acceptance on just about any issue isn't it.

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu May 09, 2013 8:09 am

Just look at how easily the world fell for the austerity myth.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu May 09, 2013 8:27 am

I blame the Daily Mail and George Osborne for Ferguson resigning.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu May 09, 2013 8:38 am

Super, you must be the only osbourne fan left?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu May 09, 2013 8:42 am

When have I ever said I was an Osborne "fan".

I'm a fan of no one.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu May 09, 2013 8:45 am

Well, whatever you want to call it, you seem to support tory economic policy as well as the tory party in general. You would have to be pretty well autistic to thin I actually meant fan in the sense that people are fans of sporting entities.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 am

No Mac, I've never ever endorsed support for any party.
I believe all parties have good policies and bad policies. My own political stance would probably be slightly right of centre, but it doesn't mean I'm a Tory or support the Tories.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu May 09, 2013 9:57 am

Mysti so would i rather talk about sport. That wasnt the point I was trying to make. i just think we elevate footballs importance in this country to a level way above what it deserves.

Och why not go the whole hog then...seeing as he's such a legend why don't we get him to postpone his retirement and have him run the country?? Tell thee what...bet he'd actually make things better, good old lefty as well!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Thu May 09, 2013 10:29 am

JAS wrote:Och why not go the whole hog then...seeing as he's such a legend why don't we get him to postpone his retirement and have him run the country?? Tell thee what...bet he'd actually make things better, good old lefty as well!!

Already happening...apparently some Labour MP is petitioning to get Sirrralex a peerage picard

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next