The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+36
BlueCoverman
I'm never wrong
MustPuttBetter
Davie
Nay
JPX
1GrumpyGolfer
beninho
raycastleunited
shudofhita4iron
Roller_Coaster
Skydriver
princedracula
Shotrock
dynamark
golfermartin
lorus59
SmithersJones
pedro
Seve_The_Great
gaelgowfer
barragan
incontinentia
super_realist
Doon the Water
puligny
GunsGerms
kwinigolfer
Hibbz
hend085
JAS
McLaren
navyblueshorts
mystiroakey
Diggers
oldshanker
40 posters

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by oldshanker Sun 03 Feb 2013, 8:56 am

First topic message reminder :

I agree Digs - what I was commenting on was not their lack of invention, but their lack of cohesion. They did not get the basics right, the least a back has to do is commit his opposite number, which becomes more important against the 'drift' defence, and then follow up and support. This was not happening yesterday, apart from Chris ashton on occasions.

I have not seen Goode play in his club matches, but on a number of occasions, he caught the ball deep, began to run, hesitated and then was caught without any support. I can't remember ever seeing Ben Foden caught like that. It is yet another sign of a lack of cohesion in the backs.

Of course, this probably is all due to the fact they are a relatively new squad and should come together the more they play together. But on the face of it, I think yesterday was a fair showing against a team that in my opinion is still there to be taken and will possibly only get one win in this series.
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JAS Thu 09 May 2013, 10:36 am

barragan wrote:
JAS wrote:Och why not go the whole hog then...seeing as he's such a legend why don't we get him to postpone his retirement and have him run the country?? Tell thee what...bet he'd actually make things better, good old lefty as well!!

Already happening...apparently some Labour MP is petitioning to get Sirrralex a peerage picard

Somehow I just can't see him decked in Ermine and exchanging "here here's" with the other stiffs and crusties in the HoL ;-/

He'd be better on the Labour front bench giving Milliband & Balls the Hairdryer treatment!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 09 May 2013, 10:39 am

He'd be in the HoL with his Dugout jacket on, chewing gum and tapping his watch.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 May 2013, 10:40 am

Great idea JAS.. Why stop at running the country. What is wrong with the world or universe!!!

We are not elevating anything(me ,you or the govenment). papers are glorified womens magazines- the sooner pwople realise that the better everyone will be.

We are in a new world of free information on any current topic you want to know about- with every side of the argument possible Very Happy

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 May 2013, 10:43 am

barragan wrote:Ignorance is bliss isn't it mysti!
It's so easy to engineer society into a state of acceptance on just about any issue isn't it.

Headscratch

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 09 May 2013, 11:12 am

mystiroakey wrote:Great idea JAS.. Why stop at running the country. What is wrong with the world or universe!!!

We are not elevating anything(me ,you or the govenment). papers are glorified womens magazines- the sooner pwople realise that the better everyone will be.

We are in a new world of free information on any current topic you want to know about- with every side of the argument possible Very Happy

Hmmm the universe has too many unknowns, the world can wait until he's sorted out the home front, The EU could benefit from the Hairdryer tho. Plenty of Brussels bureaucrats could do with Beckham eyebrows Wink

You are of course right about the age of free information. I suppose the result of that is everybody puts different levels of importance on different things. There is no right or wrong answer to what is most important.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 May 2013, 11:26 am

JAS if you think I believe that fergusion is more Important than what is going on in my life then your very mistaken...

What affects you , your family , your friends is what should be important to you!

What I find hillarious is that people still read papers and get offended by there quality (basically putting way to much importance on them in the first place).

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 09 May 2013, 3:17 pm

I'm trying to suss where you think I might be disagreeing with you Mysti :-/

With regards the papers I don't get offended by them although I am sometimes bemused by their complete lack of journalistic professionalism.

TV news is much the same with its soundbite focus rather than in depth substance.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 May 2013, 3:31 pm

"The country is in the pits of economic malaise"

it either affects us personally or it doesnt. If the country gets so bad for someone - move

"and rather than people thinking about how to dig ourselves out of it we get distracted by the frivolities of celebrity and let the media force feed us "vital, crucial" footie matches every weekend"

life is about enjoying- worry and die or live the way you want

"...what a load of tosh!! Vital and crucial to Sky's share price maybe but thats about it really."

they are a business that makes money. good on them..

----------------

I am not disagreeing with you. i am just putting the onus on the individual rather than blaming corporations and the govenment..

I think its nice to celebrate what ferguson has acheived. I would rather us read about that every ay over the propaganda from america about a couple of people that died at the boston marathon, like we should care.. What about the 100's of british soliders that are dieing in the name of politics(sucking up to america)- what about the middle eastern's we are killing in the name of americas oil reseves..

If his country falls apart I am out.. Whilst I am here and things are good I stay on. And I wont be told that respecting a Brit that has acheived isnt worthy news..

Fergie well done mate!

And long live the PL. because believe it or not its actaully AIDING our economy!

Sorry if I sound like an A hole. I probally do... ANd yes I am whinging about whinging., I am being a hypocrite- I get it.

Anyway thats my piece..

xx

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 09 May 2013, 6:17 pm

Mysti...holy sheet...calm doon man...what did I say that clearly rattled your cage??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 May 2013, 6:46 pm

Sorry mate. Didnt mean to sound aggresive and If i did i apoligise.. I am truely not ratlled in the slightest.. Just putting my opinion across..

Hug

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 09 May 2013, 6:53 pm

No worries...I get opinionated myself at times...just thought I might have inadvertantly said something OTT.
Ale

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 09 May 2013, 6:59 pm

...and for the record I hugely admire what Fergie has done.

Gutted that the shameful way my team treated him in the 60's meant that when they wanted him as manager in the 80's he snubbed them, he'd even been a boyhood fan himself. Oh how different history could have been if Glasgow wasn't riven by bigotry.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 09 May 2013, 7:14 pm

Aw JAS, you're not a current bun are you?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 May 2013, 7:21 pm

Yeah JAS dont mind me. Just need to vent my opinion abit. I have been pretty busy at work so I havent been on here much at all(thank gawd by the way!!!)

I think fergie is one person to celebrate tbh. I get that there is going to be loads of hyperbole surrounding this, and possibly for a few more months!! But for some reason I just let all that go over my head away from the forums..

Infact an american friend told me about fergie resigning two days after he announced it!! Thats how much I have heard from the media recently..!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 09 May 2013, 7:31 pm

super_realist wrote:Aw JAS, you're not a current bun are you?

I thought that would have been obvious from many previous posts Super....I've more or less grown out of it (very personal & powerful reasons)...As I've got older I've grown to detest all the stupidity that surrounds the OF.

The particular treatment of Fergie in the 60's was utterly shameful.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 09 May 2013, 7:58 pm

... papers are glorified womens magazines ...

oakey ... I hadn't appreciated such magazines had started to include ten pages of footy drivel. Rolling Eyes

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 May 2013, 8:13 pm

sorry to the womens magazines!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 09 May 2013, 8:25 pm

Okey dokey oakey. Very Happy I just don't get why the female gender is invariably deployed by males to promote negative opinion?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 09 May 2013, 8:26 pm

JAS wrote:
super_realist wrote:Aw JAS, you're not a current bun are you?

I thought that would have been obvious from many previous posts Super....I've more or less grown out of it (very personal & powerful reasons)...As I've got older I've grown to detest all the stupidity that surrounds the OF.

The particular treatment of Fergie in the 60's was utterly shameful.

GOod stuff. I wish they'd just stop playing football in Scotland. It's a complete waste of time and the OF are a scourge on an already rubbish country

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 May 2013, 8:33 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:Okey dokey oakey. Very Happy I just don't get why the female gender is invariably deployed by males to promote negative opinion?

If women didnt like men to be men- we would all be ultra nice to you!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 09 May 2013, 8:42 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
gaelgowfer wrote:Okey dokey oakey. Very Happy I just don't get why the female gender is invariably deployed by males to promote negative opinion?

If women didnt like men to be men- we would all be ultra nice to you!

Ah, do you mean ... do we like men to be stupid?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 May 2013, 9:09 pm

Yes sometimes we have to pretend that as well hun. It makes you feel better about yourseves..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Thu 09 May 2013, 9:28 pm

hun

Wot ... I'm a german broad now am I?

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 09 May 2013, 10:02 pm

Nah...... I dont think so Gael. Well you tell me?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Thu 09 May 2013, 10:04 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:
hun

Wot ... I'm a german broad now am I?

Hun...currant bun I see the thread all coming back together now Wink

btw I know what Mysti meant Gael and he's spot on. If you give your average attractive single burd the choice of a considerate gentleman or a complete tw@t...9 out of 10 will inexplicably pick the latter

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 10 May 2013, 3:51 am

Do girls like complete tw@ts?

Bloody hell, i should get out more, i would be seriously popular.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 10 May 2013, 7:33 am

McLaren wrote:Do girls like complete tw@ts?

Bloody hell, i should get out more, i would be seriously popular.

Yeah but they have their limits too Mac :-O

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 10 May 2013, 7:41 am

wouldnt you prefer a bitch over a goody two shoes? i know i would
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Sun 12 May 2013, 2:18 pm

Has anyone ever had a putting lesson from a pro? did you find it useful?

I have one booked for Wednesday and wondering what type of things to expect.

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 12 May 2013, 7:42 pm

Nay Bother wrote:I have one booked for Wednesday and wondering what type of things to expect.

One thing for certain. Expect your wallet to be a lot lighter afterwards

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Sun 12 May 2013, 8:30 pm

I would expect him to advise that you need a further course of 6 lessons.
Putting is the easy part of the game IMO its the other 400 odd yards in two shots that us difficult. work on getting down in two from all sides of the green and then move off the green on to the fringes.Just get down in two from anywhere on or close to the green.Best to stick to one type of ball,always clean ball and putter head,inspect the line for any grit or sand,have a good look around the hole and keep your eye one other players putts can learn a lot!Go for it

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun 12 May 2013, 10:33 pm

I've had a couple of putting lessons. I learned a lot and have put a much better roll on the ball since. The most recent one was very interesting, as he basically changed my stroke to suit my putter. Heel-toe weighted putters require you to square the clubface more through impact and into follow through whereas mallet style putters need to be held more open. I was holding my heel-toe type putter open.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 16 May 2013, 10:14 pm

NASCAR fans will be mourning the death by self-inflicted gunshot wound of the bloke with the worst name in sport:
D1ck Trickle.
Not surprising he found the drip, drip, drip of ridicule a bit much. Very surprising that he waited until he was 71 to pull the trigger.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 22 May 2013, 5:30 pm

I once spent a whole hour giving a putting lesson to Jas's old pro.

After another hour studying videos I suddenly said 'When did you last have your eyes tested?'.
Answer was.... never.

Should have gone to Specsavers.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 May 2013, 5:58 pm

I see some mad muslims are up to it again. Rolling Eyes

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 22 May 2013, 6:27 pm

I told you lot about woolwich before.

FFS..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 22 May 2013, 7:01 pm

I have just read up on it all. This one is s!ck!

It makes me angry.

RIP solider dude!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 22 May 2013, 8:21 pm

I don't really understand why, out of what at least 30 people that saw this thing, not one tried to help. Many just filmed it?! At what point would that seem like the thing to do?! Poor state of affairs
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 22 May 2013, 10:34 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:I don't really understand why, out of what at least 30 people that saw this thing, not one tried to help. Many just filmed it?! At what point would that seem like the thing to do?! Poor state of affairs
Quite. I don't get this modern society at all. Why would you want to film someone getting hacked to ribbons? I hope they chucked their guts up all afternoon. I can understand a little reticence re. helping if they have a firearm...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 22 May 2013, 10:39 pm

well tbh i know that it doesnt really explain the situation

But if the sickos did leg it and get away. The videos would have been very usefull.

2. its kind of tough to help when thye sickos have blades and guns.

3. I did hear on the news that some were trying to help in some way.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 22 May 2013, 10:42 pm

From what I gather lots of people rushed to help the guy despite the fact two psychos were standing by with machetes and guns. That's pretty brave in my book. I don't think I'd have attempted to tackle two big guys if I was unarmed, in fact I know I wouldn't.
As for the filming, I doubt it was gratuitous, firstly its evidence and secondly it conveys the horror of the event which should unite people to try and stop it happening again.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 22 May 2013, 10:43 pm

Just behind you their Mysti but agree totally.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 22 May 2013, 10:49 pm

Ah if some people did try to help that is a little more reassuring. I didn't see any signs of that. And yes it is very brave. Probably not the sensible thing to do at all but I'd like to think if that was me or someone I know that someone might try and help. I think I would try. I'd probably get killed but I wouldn't be able to just stand and watch. I hope anyway
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 22 May 2013, 10:52 pm

Diggs thumbsup

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 22 May 2013, 10:55 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Ah if some people did try to help that is a little more reassuring. I didn't see any signs of that. And yes it is very brave. Probably not the sensible thing to do at all but I'd like to think if that was me or someone I know that someone might try and help. I think I would try. I'd probably get killed but I wouldn't be able to just stand and watch. I hope anyway

A dead hero is still dead MPB. Think my kids need a Dad more than a medal to look at in 20 years.
Plus Im a coward. Now if it was my family being attacked would probably be different.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 22 May 2013, 11:00 pm

Oh I agree. As I said, I'm not saying helping would be sensible. I do like to think I'd muster up the courage/stupidity to do something though.

You never do know though really until you're in an incident like that I guess
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 22 May 2013, 11:03 pm

True enough, the whole thing is an utter nightmare.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 May 2013, 11:07 pm

MustPuttBetter wrote:Oh I agree. As I said, I'm not saying helping would be sensible. I do like to think I'd muster up the courage/stupidity to do something though.

You never do know though really until you're in an incident like that I guess

Often wondered how I would react in a crisis.

I remember a fantastic documentary about The Victoria Cross by Jeremy Clarkson, and he said : "You probably think you don't have it in you to win a Victoria Cross, but you probably do".

Always hoped that if those guys could do what they did, then I'd hope to be able to rise to the challenge of something like this. Whether I would or not is a different story, but I would hope I could.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 23 May 2013, 7:37 am

Super , how on earth can you slag off all the celebrity chefs etc and then say you enjoyed watching something presented by Clarkson, surely one of the most irritating, over aged schoolboys in the planet.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 23 May 2013, 7:45 am

Diggers wrote:Super , how on earth can you slag off all the celebrity chefs etc and then say you enjoyed watching something presented by Clarkson, surely one of the most irritating, over aged schoolboys in the planet.

Anyone can look seem ok in the presence of richard hammond. "hamster" must surely be the second most terrible individual in the country after Osbourne.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 16 ... 20  Next