The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

+31
Duty281
dancingweeman
TM Moot
sportform
Statto00
Skyforger
Captain Charisma
bluestonevedder
RDuncan8
southernniner
Forward Pass
mikeygnfl
Lowlandbrit
twelve283
Thomond
Dorothy_Mantooth
sodhat
Colan (niner)
Bull
Pr4wn
Number-25
NYJ
JmD
Take it to the house
CFCNick
cherriesfna
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
crazy_dave23
BamBam
Derbyblue
35 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3 - Page 8 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

Post by Derbyblue Fri 12 Apr 2013, 4:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

GSC wrote:Eagles traded Dion Lewis to Cleveland for Emmanuel Acho. Decent backup Lewis, just not as good as Brown.
Basically depth for depth, though I did think we were fine at RB with Richardson, Hardesty and Ogbonnaya but Acho wouldn't have fit the new 3-4 scheme so can't really complain about the deal too much and maybe one of those back ups gets sent off in a trade somewhere during the draft.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

Post by GSC Wed 22 May 2013, 8:08 pm

Laurent Robinson is done with concussion issues
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3 - Page 8 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 22 May 2013, 8:10 pm

oh well. Other avenue is trade though considering Boldin is a one year thing and we have plethora of picks next year too with even more compensatory on way for sure. Not sure who could be on market though?

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 May 2013, 8:13 pm

Lloyd wouldn't be a bad pickup, but he falls over as soon as he catches the ball for some odd reason. And he's a wackjob
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed 22 May 2013, 9:09 pm

I hope Quinton Patton takes this opportunity to start and has a great rookie season. Love that guy.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 22 May 2013, 9:29 pm

NYJ wrote:I hope Quinton Patton takes this opportunity to start and has a great rookie season. Love that guy.

What do you like about his game? I think it'll be between he, AJ and Manningham to start opposite Boldin. But we run lots of two TE sets anyone so thankfully a number one wideout, although useful, isn't a necessity

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed 22 May 2013, 10:07 pm

Colan (niner) wrote:
NYJ wrote:I hope Quinton Patton takes this opportunity to start and has a great rookie season. Love that guy.

What do you like about his game? I think it'll be between he, AJ and Manningham to start opposite Boldin. But we run lots of two TE sets anyone so thankfully a number one wideout, although useful, isn't a necessity

He is a very crisp route runner and gets separation easily. He is always open. He catches the ball well and uses his quickness and agility to get YAC - he can make guys miss in the open field. He's got decent size at 6'0" and good enough speed but not a burner that relies on it to be elusive. I see that as a positive because it shows that he's smart enough to find new ways to beat a defense.

He has a higher floor than someone like Cordarelle Patterson or Justin Hunter and as a 4th round pick represents excellent value. I had him as a 2nd Rounder and my 7th overall WR (Hopkins, Austin, Allen, Patterson, Wheaton and Woods).
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Thu 23 May 2013, 9:56 am

Colan (niner) wrote:
sodhat wrote:Laugh

Strange move for him - if he really wanted a contender he did come to the wrong side of the bay. There must be something deeper in it.

Still, our secondary looks a hell of a lot better than last year, don't you think?

Tbh, I think the market was just very soft for him, hence why it was a surprise a surefire HOF player had to actively court suitors. I just don't think anyone came calling with an offer that he liked and so the Raiders were the only option. The Raiders secondary absolutely looks better but I don't like move foe either side. Raiders probably overpaid and added an old timer to a young group of guys, prefer they look to the future. And then Woodson wanted to go to a contender but went to a team where that isn't the case and he won't be protected by great corners like with the Packers or Raiders of old

Seems he turned a move to Denver down, which was pretty delicious.

I think his experience will help, and as a safety I think he can still contribute to our defense. He can play the run and he can find the football so at the very least we get a playmaker to use when we need him.

Hopefully Hayden can be an elite corner, and maybe one of the other guys can have a solid year too. I like the look of our secondary a great deal more now, it's more the defensive line and QB pressure that might cost us.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 23 May 2013, 1:08 pm

sodhat wrote:Laugh

Strange move for him - if he really wanted a contender he did come to the wrong side of the bay. There must be something deeper in it.

Still, our secondary looks a hell of a lot better than last year, don't you think?
I think the contenders weren't calling, fairly certain I read an article a while ago saying he was no longer being picky (probably not those exact words) suggesting interest was pretty much nonexistent and the fact it's taken at least another week for a deal to be done would seem to reinforce that. I think as deep as it goes is not many people wanted him so to stay in the NFL he had to stop ignoring those who weren't contenders.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Thu 23 May 2013, 2:42 pm

2013 will be a breakout year for AJ Jenkins.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Thu 23 May 2013, 2:44 pm

What, will he finally play?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 23 May 2013, 2:49 pm

Hes breaking out of the chains that confined him to the bench
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 23 May 2013, 3:03 pm

I dunno about Jenkins, he was working out with Kap 3 days after SB and supposedly had added 15 lbs of muscle and ran a low 4.3 just like at combine last year a few weeks ago. Physically he seems more prepared but lets see if he can be a deep threat

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 23 May 2013, 3:16 pm

Lets see if he can make it to the 53 to start with

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 23 May 2013, 3:40 pm

I'd also look at a potential trade with Titans for Kenny Britt who after they drafted Hunter is rumoured to be on trade block. I actually believe that and would give up a third or so if need be. He's a numpty but I think from a pure talent point of view he has a very good receiver that could be had cheap when his current deal runs out. Every chracter risk the FO have taken on has been smooth enough so wouldn't expect anything different here. In my eyes Britt and Crabtree are both number one NFL wr's if they avoid injury and trouble. This will definitely be his last season with Titans if he stays

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 24 May 2013, 1:30 pm

Bears will retired number 89 for Ditka.

Falcons and Richard Seymour are in contract talks, didn't think they had much cap room so assume he'll be taking a fairly large pay cut.

Apparently Trent Richardson has a pulled muscle that could keep him out until training camp.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 24 May 2013, 1:38 pm

btw i hope crabtree has a speedy recovery OK
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 24 May 2013, 4:49 pm

Olly wrote:That should always be the ultimate aim

Carlson is the messiah

I've met the man in a Wembley car park... oh the glamour!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 24 May 2013, 4:54 pm

At an International Series game, or in the same way Stan Collymore used to meet people in car parks?

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 24 May 2013, 7:28 pm

drumroll

Badoomtishhh

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 27 May 2013, 9:26 pm

I almost think I should have checked back sooner to defend myself...

International Series angel

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 27 May 2013, 9:31 pm

How was your holiday Dave?

Certainly missed the worst of the weather here in the east!

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 27 May 2013, 10:09 pm

Well I was basking in the relative glory of 39 degrees, with the occasional monsoon.
I'd take that over a dreary East Anglia... I arrived back to 6 degrees, rain and rapidly closing airport runways!

It was great fun, if completely off the topic of NFL discussion Smile

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 29 May 2013, 11:37 pm

Good to hear Dave!

In other news, Gronk's gotta have back surgery. Seems injuries will blight his career
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 04 Jun 2013, 9:37 pm

Bears will work out JeMarcus Russell according to ESPN!

have a bad feeling on this.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 04 Jun 2013, 9:38 pm

Why? Theres nothing to this.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 04 Jun 2013, 9:39 pm

i have a bad feeling we will sign him as the backup QB.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue 04 Jun 2013, 9:51 pm

Deacon Jones - RIP

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:09 pm

Do you want some more?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000209140/article/roger-goodell-plans-to-expand-nfl-presence-in-london

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:13 pm

just thought I'd mention here, selling a new nike Rodgers Packers jersey with tags if anyone interested

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue 04 Jun 2013, 10:27 pm

PFF article on Jeremy Kerley:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/06/04/secret-superstar-jeremy-kerley/

So glad we didn't get Tavon Austin because this guy is a stud. If Stephen Hill is able to take a step forward and hold down a starting spot, Kerley will be free to terrorise from the slot.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 05 Jun 2013, 3:42 pm

I'm skeptical of PFF ratings at times, I like Kerley but I don't know if he is as good or poised for the breakout they think he is, but we shall see, the QB situation may not help him in that regard.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed 05 Jun 2013, 7:31 pm

Thomond wrote:I'm skeptical of PFF ratings at times, I like Kerley but I don't know if he is as good or poised for the breakout they think he is, but we shall see, the QB situation may not help him in that regard.

Breakout? He was the Jets leading receiver in his second year after being selected in the 5th Round. I think this year was his breakout and he will just improve from now on. He can catch anything - which is good when you don't have a legitimate QB - work in the slot to make plays with his legs (305 of his 827 yards were after the catch) and stretch the field on the outside. One thing he isn't is a red zone threat and that's something we really lack as an offense.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 05 Jun 2013, 7:58 pm

Even more so now that Keller has gone. He wasn't the best red zone TE but he's better than what you have now...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:27 pm

Seems there is a real possibility of a London team in the future, despite there not exactly being a great market for it. Seems some owners are dead set on it, Jacksonville could be the sacrificial lamb so to speak
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:30 pm

Ok Olly, we get you follow Albert Breer
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:31 pm

And its not really a big secret the NFL wants to expand overseas. The American market can only take so much saturation.

I assume its more 10-15 years down the line though.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:33 pm

GSC wrote:Ok Olly, we get you follow Albert Breer

Shhhhhhhhh

I can see it happening fairly sharpish though. 5 years or so I reckon
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:37 pm

I can't see it. If the NFL was really serious about an imminent move, they'd have been hard after the Olympic Stadium.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Wed 05 Jun 2013, 11:37 pm

I don't see how it's viable. People aren't going to switch teams and attend games week in week out. I would go to any Jets games that are in the UK though, so perhaps they would fill stadiums with 'away' support.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 06 Jun 2013, 2:58 am

6 fingered tractor boy wrote:
GSC wrote:Ok Olly, we get you follow Albert Breer

Shhhhhhhhh

I can see it happening fairly sharpish though. 5 years or so I reckon
5 years or so? That's a little vague but I would agree with GSC/NYJ on this one I don't see it happening soon, yes Goddell wants it yes the owners want it but many of the players likely don't want it, seems few fans want it and most importantly of all it would be a pain in the ass. It will slowly grow 2 games a year for a few years then 3 for 5/6 more then maybe push to 4 for a while until you can genuinely prove that regular games in London can sell out.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 06 Jun 2013, 1:24 pm

http://mdrh.storenvy.com/products/1649052-r-seahawks-sweatpants

Thank me later Cherries
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Thu 06 Jun 2013, 1:25 pm

they look like fake hi-tech joggies

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 06 Jun 2013, 2:26 pm

They is well nice
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Thu 06 Jun 2013, 9:29 pm

cherriesfna wrote:They is well nice

They is not

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 07 Jun 2013, 2:54 am

Andrew Whitworth shares his view on a London franchise http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/06/a-london-nfl-team-could-struggle-to-attract-free-agents/

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 07 Jun 2013, 11:44 am

Damn I love mai boy Sherman but please stop arguing with roddyw hate, he's like my fav receiver
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Fri 07 Jun 2013, 12:32 pm

what are your thoughts on Giants Safety Stevie Brown? will be having him on podcast next week. Had him as one of the worst pro bowl snubs last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcaBbTpTL_k

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 07 Jun 2013, 7:10 pm

cherriesfna wrote:Damn I love mai boy Sherman but please stop arguing with roddyw hate, he's like my fav receiver

Yuor favoryt conerbcak is a bit of a muppet so no surprises there

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:01 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Andrew Whitworth shares his view on a London franchise http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/06/a-london-nfl-team-could-struggle-to-attract-free-agents/

I saw this, and whilst his is an extreme view, the jist of it is one of the main reasons I don't support a London franchise

They would struggle to get players to want to go there.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:03 pm

Ultimately, the NFLPA will bend over for the owners like they always do.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next