The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

+31
Duty281
dancingweeman
TM Moot
sportform
Statto00
Skyforger
Captain Charisma
bluestonevedder
RDuncan8
southernniner
Forward Pass
mikeygnfl
Lowlandbrit
twelve283
Thomond
Dorothy_Mantooth
sodhat
Colan (niner)
Bull
Pr4wn
Number-25
NYJ
JmD
Take it to the house
CFCNick
cherriesfna
Good Golly I'm Olly
GSC
crazy_dave23
BamBam
Derbyblue
35 posters

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3 - Page 9 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

Post by Derbyblue Fri 12 Apr 2013, 4:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

GSC wrote:Eagles traded Dion Lewis to Cleveland for Emmanuel Acho. Decent backup Lewis, just not as good as Brown.
Basically depth for depth, though I did think we were fine at RB with Richardson, Hardesty and Ogbonnaya but Acho wouldn't have fit the new 3-4 scheme so can't really complain about the deal too much and maybe one of those back ups gets sent off in a trade somewhere during the draft.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

Post by GSC Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:07 pm

Josh Gordon receives a 2 game suspension
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread Part 3

Post by Derbyblue Sat 08 Jun 2013, 1:43 pm

crazy_dave23 wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:Andrew Whitworth shares his view on a London franchise http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/06/a-london-nfl-team-could-struggle-to-attract-free-agents/

I saw this, and whilst his is an extreme view, the jist of it is one of the main reasons I don't support a London franchise

They would struggle to get players to want to go there.
Definitely the extreme option and one plenty of players shouldn't take as most end up broke even with a full career to live off. Still shows some players clearly aren't looking forward to the development and possibly being drafted to London.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 08 Jun 2013, 1:52 pm

GSC wrote:Josh Gordon receives a 2 game suspension
Banned 2 games and fined a further 2 weeks of pay. He claims it was due to codeine in some stuff he was prescribed for strep throat in February, the reduction in ban would make me assume that's a legitimate excuse and he has a prescription to prove it. Still upset though he should really be checking there's nothing in his medicine on the NFLs banned substance list hopefully he'll have learnt that lesson from this experience and it can be the last trouble we have with him.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 09 Jun 2013, 4:14 pm

Jets beginning to look a bit desperate to add something at their receiver positions with Mike Sims Walker and Kellen Winslow joining them at minicamp next week. Think combined they played in one game last season.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sun 09 Jun 2013, 4:49 pm

Derbyblue wrote:Jets beginning to look a bit desperate to add something at their receiver positions with Mike Sims Walker and Kellen Winslow joining them at minicamp next week. Think combined they played in one game last season.

I thought Kellen Winslow looked alright in pre season with the Seahawks. Certainly had a lot of talent as recently as two years ago. Sims-Walker is a dud. I'd rather have an UFA like Zach Rogers or KJ Stroud higher in the pecking order. No harm in bringing them in for a wee look though.

Bring Back Braylon.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sun 09 Jun 2013, 5:18 pm

NYJ wrote:
Derbyblue wrote:Jets beginning to look a bit desperate to add something at their receiver positions with Mike Sims Walker and Kellen Winslow joining them at minicamp next week. Think combined they played in one game last season.

I thought Kellen Winslow looked alright in pre season with the Seahawks. Certainly had a lot of talent as recently as two years ago. Sims-Walker is a dud. I'd rather have an UFA like Zach Rogers or KJ Stroud higher in the pecking order. No harm in bringing them in for a wee look though.

Bring Back Braylon.
Think the big issue with Winslow will be his knee problems if he can stay healthy I don't doubt he could be a nice pick up for pretty much nothing, I'll be a surprised if Sims-Walker can make it onto your actual roster but maybe he'll show something. Evan Moore might be a decent pick up too at TE if you're still giving players the chance to try out, assuming he hasn't found a team. What WRs are left on the market?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sun 09 Jun 2013, 7:44 pm

Derbyblue wrote:
NYJ wrote:

Bring Back Braylon.
Think the big issue with Winslow will be his knee problems if he can stay healthy I don't doubt he could be a nice pick up for pretty much nothing, I'll be a surprised if Sims-Walker can make it onto your actual roster but maybe he'll show something. Evan Moore might be a decent pick up too at TE if you're still giving players the chance to try out, assuming he hasn't found a team. What WRs are left on the market?

Braylon Edwards, Brandon Lloyd, Randy Moss, Jabar Gaffney, Donte Stallworth Steve Breaston and a lot more insignificant players.

Sims-Walker is the second veteran Free Agent receiver we've picked up (Ben Obomanu), so re-signing Braylon is probably just fantasy.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 10 Jun 2013, 9:58 am

Bucs traded a 2014 6th for Gabe Carimi.

I think I'd rather have the 6th tbh.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:42 am

If he is on the Chicago offensive line, he can't be that great! Will compete for the RT spot with Dotson, who was decent enough last year, no harm in competition I suppose. His college OL coach is here so might help a bit.

Just going back to Kerley from a few days ago, I wouldn't say he broke out in the national sense, you ask most casual fans about him and they probably won't have heard of him. He needs a few more TDs to get him out there but he is a pretty solid guy and good returner.

Kellen Winslow signed with the Jets? He can't block, has adodgy knee but is decent at receiving. Absolute primadonna though, constantly mouths off to the QB, demands the ball, bit of an attitude and it's the main reason the Bucs cut him, off the field he seems sound enough though, could be productive for sure in the right situation.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:08 pm

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The #Patriots are signing Tim Tebow, per a source.

Good god
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:15 pm

The Pats are gonna ruin Tebow like they ruined Ochocinco and life in general.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:19 pm

I'm not really sure there's much more we can do, which the Jets haven't already done!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:21 pm

I think Tebow ruined himself when he decided to play Quarterback in the National Football League.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 10 Jun 2013, 10:26 pm

Skip Bayless's ultimate fantasy has come true
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:15 am

The internet is set to explode any moment now. Somebnody will trae for Mallett based on nothing whatsoever, I've heard Bucs fans say they want him ahead of Freeman which is literally the dumbest thing I've ever heard

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:25 am

GSC wrote:Bucs traded a 2014 6th for Gabe Carimi.

I think I'd rather have the 6th tbh.
Didnt know the Buccaneers were that desperate for OTs... Don't think he was even set to be starting this year in Chicago, maybe they think they can somehow get more out of him, especially if his old coach is in Tampa.

If every NFL fan chips in a few pennies can we pay for Tebow to move to Siberia?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:28 am

Carimis moving to Guard since hes terrible at RT. Or so the plan was in Chicago.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:30 am

He would make a decent backup RT, but a good guard, no problem with the 6th Bucs have gotten terrible value from late rounds in last few years anyway.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:38 am

Gave Carimi does not make a good backup RT
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:47 am

Better than what they had last year, with the Eagles OL I'd say they wouldn't mind having him!

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:50 am

Carimi would be worse.

I'm not sure you understand how bad he is. He lost his job on the Bears OL
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:56 am

According to Schefter Ravens could be looking to trade Leach and release him if that's not possible, if he's cut would be happy to have the guy in Cleveland.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue 11 Jun 2013, 1:00 am

GSC wrote:Carimi would be worse.

I'm not sure you understand how bad he is. He lost his job on the Bears OL
Laugh

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 11 Jun 2013, 7:06 am

Indeed he did Laugh

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 11 Jun 2013, 9:36 am

Carimi has never had a full season because of injuries, he's only had two years in the league, anyone who watch college football knows that he was an absolute mauler at Wisconsin and he's had Mike Tice coaching him the last two seasons. Classic GSC not looking at the bigger picture here. He's never been fully fit and he lost his starting job at RT last season after being forced to play through injuries.

Good pickup by Tampa, he adds depth and a 6th rounder is about right for a rotational player.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Jun 2013, 9:44 am

He was being moved to Guard because he was an absolute turnstile at RT.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 11 Jun 2013, 11:44 am

As said above, he was playing through an injury and had one of the worst line coaches in football. He's now reunited with his college coach who he was dominant under. Giving up a 6th for offensive line depth is a no-brainer in my opinion.

The talent is clearly there so it's a gamble worth taking.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:07 pm

That doesn't explain why a team with OL problems like the Bears were converting him from Tackle to guard.

Unless, you know, hes an adequate run blocker and garbage pass blocker.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:10 pm

As a Bears i can say he sucked and am very happy he is gone.

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:38 pm

As a backup guard or tackle he is alright, he won't be seeing a large amount of the field unless there are injuries for a 6th rounder, I'm happy with it.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:40 pm

Yes, ok Bull.

Tough to be a good pass blocker when you're being forced to play though persistent knee injuries though isn't it? The kid clearly has talent and who knows what he's capable of when fully fit. He showed promise in his rookie year before getting injured and has never played a game while fully fit since. You're very quick to damn a player with only a few real games of NFL experience. You try very hard to sound like Cherpinsky, it's interesting.

Of course, he might turn out to be a rubbish player but, at this stage at least, I think this is a good trade for the Bucs.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 11 Jun 2013, 12:50 pm

Its tougher to be a good pass blocker when you're a terrible pass blocker.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 11 Jun 2013, 1:17 pm

I watched him a lot at Wisconsin and he's a decent player. GSC is always a bit hasty though and I suppose Carmi's poor play has given him right to be, but I'm sure he will be proved wrong as usual..... Nah but seriously, people said same things about guys like David Stewart and Anthony Davis even, and they are now among the best tackles in the NFL. As for position change, a lot of people projected that when he was coming out of college so just as much common sense as it is to do with his poor play. Charlie Johnson is poor tackle but great guard. James Carpenter and Alex Boone were pretty good tackles but since a switch to guard, Carpenter has improved and Boone was one of best in NFL last year,

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 11 Jun 2013, 1:28 pm

His play at guard has been stellar, at tackle it's been Poopie, a decent guard as a backup is massive for the Bucs with their injury history on the OL (and Joesph being overrated, abeit still pretty good)

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 11 Jun 2013, 1:39 pm

Niner are you interviewing Stevie Brown today, yeah? I'm doing my best with Josh Johnson, let's just the Bengals medai peopel aren't exactly quick to respond, 2 emails in a week and I have heard nothing from them.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Tue 11 Jun 2013, 1:59 pm

Thomond wrote:Niner are you interviewing Stevie Brown today, yeah? I'm doing my best with Josh Johnson, let's just the Bengals medai peopel aren't exactly quick to respond, 2 emails in a week and I have heard nothing from them.

Yeah spoke to him yesterday, 20 minute interview will go up next week

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue 11 Jun 2013, 2:23 pm

Good good, keep up the nice work.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 11 Jun 2013, 9:17 pm

I think the sheer existence of an article on what number Tebow wears sums up perfectly why I wish he never came to the NFL at all...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000210782/article/tim-tebow-to-wear-no-5-with-new-england-patriots

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Wed 12 Jun 2013, 12:41 pm

Cherries, check your inbox, I have a Seahawks related question for you that you may be interested in. Only one on here that would be of course;)

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Wed 12 Jun 2013, 5:20 pm

So at what stage of the season do the Patriots QBs go down leaving Tebow as the only starter?

Or is Tebow a direct replacement for the Gronk?
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 14 Jun 2013, 11:59 am

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/13/seahawks-browner-would-like-to-wring-jim-harbaughs-neck/

Roid raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

BROWNER SMASH
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri 14 Jun 2013, 12:30 pm

Any teams interested in Willis McGahee or Vonta Leach?

Unsurprisingly Rueben Randle has apparently made the most of Nicks and Cruz skipping Giants practices and we should expect him to be on the field more this season. Could be a fantasy sleeper if the contract issues continue with Nicks and Cruz.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 14 Jun 2013, 8:20 pm

Browner is a monster we would wreck anyone
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 14 Jun 2013, 10:04 pm

Cruz is going to sign his RFA tender worth $2.879 million. The thing that hurts him most in negotiating is that his contract has ran out a year too late. He had more receptions and one extra TD in 2012 but it was expected following the explosion that was 2011.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:26 am

The thing that hurt Cruz was that he was asking for too much money from a great organisation. They have Nicks and Randle (who could turn into something this year) so the Giants aren't going to give him WR1 money. If Cruz didn't sign his tender by Monday, the Giants could (and were planning to) reduce it to $630k. Giants played hardball and Cruz gave in.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 16 Jun 2013, 8:06 pm

Its days like these that having 28 children really pays off for Antonio Cromartie.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 16 Jun 2013, 8:36 pm

But so much is going on...

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 18 Jun 2013, 11:02 pm

Sports Illustrated ‏@SInow
Patriots' Aaron Hernandez questioned by police in homicide probe: http://on.si.com/18XDyyq

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
"Hernandez is not believed to be a murder suspect, but a vehicle rented in his name has emerged as a key piece of evidence..."

Ut oh
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Forward Pass Wed 19 Jun 2013, 8:39 am

Interesting off season for the Pats TE's
Forward Pass
Forward Pass

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Wed 19 Jun 2013, 6:37 pm

MockingJay33 wrote:Cruz is going to sign his RFA tender worth $2.879 million. The thing that hurts him most in negotiating is that his contract has ran out a year too late. He had more receptions and one extra TD in 2012 but it was expected following the explosion that was 2011.
Don't understand this idea in my mind this should help him 1 year wonders can happen doing it 2 years in a row is a bonus as it should help show it's not a one off season.

If Hernandez isn't a murder suspect I wouldn't worry, though I guess that can change with time.

Desmond Bishop is now a FA meant to have a meeting with Vikings another ex-Packer ending up in Minnesota?

Justin Smith has saved the 49ers some trouble by signing a 2 year extension think that means he's under contract until the end of the 2015 season.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next