The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+28
shclaff
barragan
gaelgowfer
goldwolf
ryan86
Roller_Coaster
SmithersJones
TRUSSMAN66
1GrumpyGolfer
Bob_the_Job
hend085
pedro
lorus59
MustPuttBetter
navyblueshorts
raycastleunited
JAS
Davie
super_realist
MontysMerkin
beninho
Diggers
kwinigolfer
incontinentia
McLaren
mystiroakey
puligny
dynamark
32 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Sun 11 Aug 2013, 8:07 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi folks not been around much lately due to new job and no access at work.
Digs I would avoid franchises and any long term property commitments connected to the business.
I very nearly bought into a coffee shop /café a few years ago and in the end it was the hours and time involved which put me off but the lad who bought it is flying .He will be open this morning and doing good business.Anything like that is all about position of course.One of the best businesses I have seen is a café bar in Bristol on the hill up to the Clifton area .opens at seven in the morning and closes at two in the morning.Change of menu and prices late afternoon and lighting /music for the evening trade.
Seen a few things in my new job with a large housing association providing social housing for the unwashed,unemployed,unfit,mentally ill,etc.One surprise is that they have properties and areas where only set religious groups are allowed to live.They call it 'creating communities'?
Hope all are well.

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:46 pm

It's been a long time since something came along quite as divisive to otherwise like-thinking people as fracking.
Lots of hypocracy and you don't have to look any further than our own State, where fracking is illegal yet we consume the benefits of fracking every day without, of course, suffering any of the downsides.
Unless there's an earthquake in neighbouring New York State.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:48 pm

Diggers, I shouldn't have to elaborate, I amn't talking about normal protestors, but really, do these people think the economy and their standard of living would be anything but worse without the industry?

Not to mention that all of their lentil sniffing pensions are tied up in oil companies.
I'd be pretty confident my carbon footprint is considerable smaller than the leader of the green party, yet I'm demonised for supporting an industry that helps us all have a better standard of living that what we'd have without it.

Even if you consider it an evil, it's a necessary evil.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:54 pm

Whether its necessary or not is moot but not the point here.
The fact is the world is ran by big business and govt to be impossible to live a functioning life without fossil fuels. Yet you call the people who object to this hypocrites for being trapped in a scenario completely not of their making. That's just nonsensical.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 7:58 pm

It's not of their making of course, but can you really imagine if this wasn't in leafy sussex and was in wet, windy, dreary, Sutherland or the outer Hebrides these "professional" protesters would be anywhere near it?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 19 Aug 2013, 8:00 pm

Kwini, in Vermont fracking is illegal and gays can marry? It sounds like a lefty utopia!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 19 Aug 2013, 8:02 pm

Mac has his immigration application in already.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 19 Aug 2013, 8:47 pm

Has anyone seen the documentary 'Gasland'? It's about fracking in the states.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 19 Aug 2013, 8:59 pm

Spot on, ben, but a right-wing Washington (Congress at least) screws things up!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 20 Aug 2013, 2:12 am

Super

You seem to have been brainwashed in a similar fashion to that which you despise in religions?

Is the bus service any good in Vermont?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Aug 2013, 7:52 am

incontinentia wrote:Has anyone seen the documentary 'Gasland'? It's about fracking in the states.
Yeah, it's about Fracking in the States. Bit like a documentary in the MLS and thinking everything in it applies to the EPL.

Mac, how am I brainwashed about this issue, and how is my dislike of religion anything but rational?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:22 am

The best thing ever done by man.

Last edited by incontinentia on Tue 20 Aug 2013, 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Aug 2013, 10:10 am

I see 40 schools in England/Wales are behaving as if Clause 28 was still in place.
I await Mac's outrage.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 20 Aug 2013, 11:12 am

super_realist wrote:Mac, how am I brainwashed about this issue, and how is my dislike of religion anything but rational?
In relation to you being brainwashed, it would seem you are unable to question any issue surrounding the oil and gas industry and merely expound the company line.

Not sure where you think I said your dislike of rational was irrational?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Aug 2013, 11:16 am

I don't have a company line, we only do off-shore. We are not involved in shale gas exploration or production.

How am I brainwashed simply because I understand the subject infinitely more than you ever will or that my understanding is different to your lefty agenda?

Are you "brainwashed " because you understand the finer points of having a Baldy Nine Chins Poster on your bedroom ceiling?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 20 Aug 2013, 12:07 pm

Mac,
Buses in our town quite excellent, thank you very much.
Train service somewhat below the definition of rudimentary however.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 20 Aug 2013, 12:25 pm

super_realist wrote:I see 40 schools in England/Wales are behaving as if Clause 28 was still in place.
I await Mac's outrage.
Please could you provide a link to this story? Thanks.

super_realist wrote:I don't have a company line.......

How am I brainwashed ......

Are you "brainwashed " because you understand the finer points of having a Baldy Nine Chins Poster on your bedroom ceiling?
Super, you dont seem to carry out in thought in relation to fossil fuel industries that is not from the perspective of a company wishing to make a profit from oil and gas.

kwinigolfer wrote:Mac,
Buses in our town quite excellent, thank you very much.
Sounds like Vermont would be perfect for me.  Where do a sign up?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Aug 2013, 12:35 pm

How do you know my thought is down to my work, and not just that I have a lifestyle where it is necessary that I consume such fuels?

I've got a house with central heating, gas powered shower, gas hob, car, all goods and services probably shipped in , etc etc.

I'm just being realistic.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Aug 2013, 12:36 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-23768901

You going to boycott leeks now Mac?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 20 Aug 2013, 12:47 pm

Very worrying indeed super, I hate to think of the trauma that sort of attitude could cause in a School.

Not that any form of sex ed was particularly useful in school.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 20 Aug 2013, 2:55 pm

Its looking pretty dodgy on the government this person being detained at the airport.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Aug 2013, 3:01 pm

beninho wrote:Its looking pretty dodgy on the government this person being detained at the airport.
well he is gay......

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 20 Aug 2013, 3:44 pm

beninho wrote:Its looking pretty dodgy on the government this person being detained at the airport.
It is extremely worrying and I assume it means the UK government condone the NSA and GCHQ data gathering.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Aug 2013, 3:56 pm

I find it "extremely worrying" what you find "extremely worrying"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Aug 2013, 7:37 pm

Who are these One Dimension c**ts?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:07 pm

Wand Erection super. Talentless tw@ts. 'Nuff said

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:41 pm

super_realist wrote:Who are these One Dimension c**ts?
I'm sure you know already soups. The Monkees, Take That, Boyzone, Westlife and now One Direction. Not really sure if its good for the kids.

http://fervr.net/entertainment/is-it-right-to-see-one-direction-in-concert
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Aug 2013, 8:51 pm

I can proudly say as far as I know I have never heard a nano-second of their dirge and wouldn't know any of them if I tripped over the little scrotes in the street.

I presume they have a token Tatty Muncher who provides the "craic"

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:03 pm

Doubt you are target audience super. But manufactured bands have been around for years and years. Some songs you probably like!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:08 pm

Just for fun I thought I would search Wikipedia for "wand erection" - just to see if there was any spoof articles there.

Trust me - you do NOT want to enter a google search for that Shocked 

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:14 pm

Some guy been jailed for 7 years for selling fake bomb detectors to foreign governments. Looking at the stuff he sold I'd say more fool them

News reports say this brings Britain into disrepute. I'd say the muppets who bought them (for millions!) are the the ones who need to look at themselves

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:17 pm

super_realist wrote:
Yes, and they have a gimp from Aberdeen who provides the "Crack".

They have a nice tune called "Haggis Swilling Girl", you should give it a listen.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:23 pm

Any search for erection will probably get pele and his pills. And one direction are living the dream aren't they. Not a fan of the music but I'm a name 33year old so not meant to be. But can see they are enjoying themselves like lads of their age should be.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 20 Aug 2013, 9:26 pm

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

They have a nice tune called "Haggis Swilling Girl", you should give it a listen.
Can't offend me Inco, my heritage is not something I care about. Feel free to extract as much urine as you want in regard to Scotland. I won't fake offence because an Englishman was once nasty to Scottish people three centuries ago.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed 21 Aug 2013, 7:27 am

super_realist wrote:
incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Can't offend me Inco, my heritage is not something I care about. Feel free to extract as much urine as you want in regard to Scotland. I won't fake offence because an Englishman was once nasty to Scottish people three centuries ago.

There you go Inco...see how easy it actually is to offend-proof yourself??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 Aug 2013, 7:44 am

What's all the fuss about this Guardian journalist's partner?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 21 Aug 2013, 7:47 am

Super seems to be confusing personal hurt with being offended.

If tatty muncher only applied to inco - referring to a personal trait of inco's- then maybe supers argument holds up.

But tatty muncher, when used by super, is used to denigrate the whole nation of Ireland and imply something negative about its people. You would hope this sort of irrational generalization would cause offense for anyone with an ounce of intelligence.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:00 am

Come on Mac, it's merely a gentle dig, akin to being called a Sweaty Sock, Deep Fired Mars bar muncher or a Taff if you are Welsh, only an oversensitive ninny looking for a reason to be offended would be offended.

The potato famine was centuries ago, it doesn't affect anyone anymore, or anyone within even a reasonable number of generations.

It would be like an American being offended by being referred to as a confederate or an Australian a convict. Hardly the crime of the century, and anyone with an ounce of humour would simply laugh it off as national banter.

PLease also remember that Inco is so petty that he actually complained to the BBC for the use of the term "luck of the Irish" because he saw it as a xenophobic slur.
That's how ridiculous it is.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:57 am

Super

Like the fried chicken debate you don't seem to understand that the intention when using a term is more important than any literal meaning or where it may have come from.

It is clear your intentions when using "tatty muncher" are to belittle or humiliate those that are Irish. In that context it does not matter how long ago the Irish potato famine was.

Incon is clearly a moron, based on the views he posts on here, which seem deep rooted in the bible, but that does not give anyone the right to post derogatory generalizations about the Irish.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 Aug 2013, 8:59 am

MAc, you cannot compare the Fried Chicken incident with calling someone a Tatty Muncher.

It's like comparing racism with having a dig at people with ginger hair or fat people.

The Irish, like any other nation, are a target for mirth and mild ridicule.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:09 am

One mans banter is another mans something or other - would make a nice little qoute that. I think that experience shows that expecting sr to have any sort of civilized/humanitarian stance on anything is an exercise in futility. Although I have to say reading his absolute tripe makes my day (although I do hope theres not too many think like him).
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:15 am

I've always been of the opinion that certain topics apart, you have no right not to be offended.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:18 am

Do you mean no right to be offended? Or no right to not be offended?
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:21 am

I mean that you have no right to go through life without being offended by something. How boring would life be?

So the latter.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:23 am

Well people do have that right and they have that free will to take offence at anything they want and sadly always will.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:25 am

No, there is no right to not be offended.

You can claim offence at some things, but with the exception of racism and homophobic laws, there is no law which prevents people from causing offence, it's the individual who claims offence, not a matter of law.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:33 am

Some people seem to take pride in being offensive though, and go out of their way to be so. Especially on the tinterwebs.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:34 am

MontysMerkin wrote:Some people seem to take pride in being offensive though, and go out of their way to be so. Especially on the tinterwebs.
Perhaps not as many as take pride in being offended

I go out to have a dig, have a laugh, but not necessarily to cause offence

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:41 am

Its all about picking your audience though. Anyone can say anything to someone you know will take it in the manner that it is meant, but as soon as something that is posted in an open forum, you are saying it to everyone. You do not know who will or will not take offense, but if you err on the side that no one should take offense then thats fine, but you cannot be shocked or complain if people do.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:41 am

super_realist wrote:No, there is no right to not be offended.

You can claim offence at some things, but with the exception of racism and homophobic laws, there is no law which prevents people from causing offence, it's the individual who claims offence, not a matter of law.
Anyone can claim offence at anything they want to dude! And they do. Yes i believe they are wasting there energies in getting offended. But they clearly don't think they are,

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 Aug 2013, 9:43 am

BTW I think SR gets way too offended about what others get offended about Wink

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next