The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup.

+58
majesticimperialman
JmD
Hood83
Higher_Ground
madmaccas
LordDowlais
kingelderfield
monty junior
glamorganalun
VinceWLB
Artful_Dodger
Nachos Jones
aucklandlaurie
OzT
Taylorman
Luckless Pedestrian
poddy89
alexgmacdonald
Tramptastic
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Manky-Flanker
Heuer27
Bathman_in_London
Tattie Scones RRN
George Carlin
EWT Spoons
justified sinner
21st Century Schizoid Man
teh_Dingmeister
Majestic83
highland_scot
MacKnocked-on
cakeordeath
GLove39
Bullsbok
butterfingers
TJ
IanBru
Mr Fishpaste
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
Solid8
nickj
BigGee
reallybored
MMaaxx
jimmyinthewell68
Captain_Sensible
tigertattie
fa0019
VietGwentRevisited
R!skysports
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RDW
RuggerRadge2611
alive555
Biltong
62 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup. - Page 10 Empty Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup.

Post by Biltong Mon 11 Nov 2013, 9:27 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought I would start a Scotland vs South Africa thread, seeing that the other one is filled to the brim and there is a new opponent to focus on.

Scotland had a good game against South Africa with a not a full strength team in June. although I was not enammered with the tactics of Scotlands' tactics at the breakdown during that match, you have to give them Cudo's for their performance.

They scored two well executed tries and had our breakdown I shambles for most of the match.

South Africa learnt a lot from that match and it should stand them in good stead for the upcoming match.

By virtue of the Scottish performance on the weekend I would suggest that they will go into this match feeling better prepared and a bit of a roll. The momentum of a good match is always a positive to have.

It is obviously to early to speculate too much on team selections, but I would expect Scotland to put out their very best for this one.

Heyneke Meyer has been a tad contradictory in his media releases this past week as he first suggested that he will make some changes against Scotland regardless of the result against wales, but after the match he said he isn't going to make too many changes and doesn't believe in resting his best players during a test season, that should happen during the Super Xv and Currie Cup which we all know is a farce.

Morne Steyn had a back spasm during the Welsh encounter and will be assessed later in the week. I would like to see Lambie get another go at ten though.

SA have improved during the past RC and hopefully they can continue to improve.

For some reason we play poorly at Murrayfield, and I am hoping that we show a better performance there than we did in the past decade.

I'll update the thread as more news and team selections become available.

Scotland team announced.

1. Dickinson
2. Ford
3. Low
4. Gray snr
5. Hamiton
6. Strokosch
7. Denton
8. Barclay
9. Laidlaw (c)
10. Jackson
11. Lamont
12. Taylor
13. NDL
14.Seymour
15. Maitland

Replacements

16. Lawson
17. Grant
18. Cross
19. Gray jnr
20. Beattie
21. Cuisiter
22. Weir
23. Evans

Last edited by Biltong on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup. - Page 10 Empty Re: Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup.

Post by MMaaxx Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:48 pm

Doubt JP is worried about any retribution from Denton

Wonder if Hamilton will be banned for a few matches for shoulder charging Louw's head. No binding there. Bakkis got done for the 2nd Lions test in 09 for a lot less

MMaaxx

Location : New place every week, live between SA, Porugal and UK

Back to top Go down

Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup. - Page 10 Empty Re: Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup.

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:49 pm

Bismark du plesi missing 2 line out throws in a row.

He his human after all.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:49 pm

This tmo is a moron

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:49 pm

Fantasticbarnsmell wrote:
Ineffable wrote:Don't worry, wait until Denton meets Pietersen with the ball. Be it today, next year, or the year after ...

Not really clever from JP!
You berate Pietersen for his actions and in the same breath endorse the Scottish players doing the same thing... Bravo
Not at all. the rugby players way - on the field and within the laws

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:50 pm

Jaysus, how can Habana have knocked that on?

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:50 pm

Well it was a 5m scrum blue but not for a knockon haha

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:51 pm

how can it be knock on by SA it went backwards

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:51 pm

And Grant showing he isn't a great scrummager once again....

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:52 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:how can it be knock on by SA  it went backwards
n Knocked back over the line thus blue scrum

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:53 pm

Ffs

Stop kicking the fecking ball away!!!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:54 pm

tigertattie wrote:Ffs

Stop kicking the fecking ball away!!!!!
That was a called move - the backs were expecting it

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:56 pm

Ineffable wrote:Don't worry, wait until Denton meets Pietersen with the ball. Be it today, next year, or the year after ...

Not really clever from JP!
You berate Pietersen for his actions and in the same breath endorse the Scottish players doing the same thing... Bravo
I think you misunderstand me. I just mean when Denton gets to make a tackle and make it a big one, not including any off the ball antics afterward like JP.

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:57 pm

Nilled. If I had a beer in front of me, I'd be crying into it.

The Beeb says that we had 70% possession in the second half. And didn't do anything with it, apparently.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:57 pm

Terrible performance from Scotland, one of the worst i have seen in a long time and there have been lots of bad performances.

A couple of small positives to take from the game are that the scrum went surprisingly well today. Low & Dickinson scrummed well and the scottish scrum had the measure of the boks.
Chris Cusiter also looked pretty sharp when he came on and injected a bit more pace when he came on.

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:58 pm

George Carlin wrote:Nilled. If I had a beer in front of me, I'd be crying into it.

The Beeb says that we had 70% possession in the second half. And didn't do anything with it, apparently.
could have had a few penalty kicks but not much point in taking them. I'm glad we tried to score a try even if we failed.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 4:59 pm

Majestic83 wrote:Terrible performance from Scotland, one of the worst i have seen in a long time and there have been lots of bad performances.

A couple of small positives to take from the game are that the scrum went surprisingly well today. Low & Dickinson scrummed well and the scottish scrum had the measure of the boks.
Chris Cusiter also looked pretty sharp when he came on and injected a bit more pace when he came on.
I see you and raise you Tonga, Samoa, any Italy away game in the past 3 years, at home to Wales 2011, Romania 2011 (though at least we won) ...

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:01 pm

Nice of Nicol to give nothing to England...

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:01 pm

Can JP Peiterson be cited for pushing Dentons head into the ground like he did ? I though that it was naughty but at the end of the day, it's just rugby, and it is all part of the physicality of the game, it's not as if he was trying to injure Denton, just let him know he's been done.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:05 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Can JP Peiterson be cited for pushing Dentons head into the ground like he did ? I though that it was naughty but at the end of the day, it's just rugby, and it is all part of the physicality of the game, it's not as if he was trying to injure Denton, just let him know he's been done.
Not worth a citing. Denton Will get his chance to do the same. Denton wasn't crying foul was he?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:05 pm

Well if you cite JP, you have to cite Hamilton for deliberately injuring Louw
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:05 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Can JP Peiterson be cited for pushing Dentons head into the ground like he did ? I though that it was naughty but at the end of the day, it's just rugby, and it is all part of the physicality of the game, it's not as if he was trying to injure Denton, just let him know he's been done.
Dowlais - can you swear on your head that would still be your reaction if it was done to Warbs or Faletau?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:06 pm

annoyed the hell out of me, if i were in Dentons boots i don't think i would of held back. no citing though, thats just silly.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:07 pm

Biltong wrote:Well if you cite JP, you have to cite Hamilton for deliberately injuring Louw
Didnt see that, what did Hamilton do?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Majestic83 Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:07 pm

Ineffable wrote:
Majestic83 wrote:Terrible performance from Scotland, one of the worst i have seen in a long time and there have been lots of bad performances.

I see you and raise you Tonga, Samoa, any Italy away game in the past 3 years, at home to Wales 2011, Romania 2011 (though at least we won) ...
All bad games i give you that but i just feel this performance was even worse. There was no energy from the players from the off and just seemed really flat.
Lots of hard work needed this week because the Australian team is finally hitting form and could cause lots of problems if we don't front up again.

For next week I would go with
1 Dickinson
2 MacCarthur
3 Murray
4 Swinson
5 Hamilton
6 Brown tough call on Strokosh as thought he tried hard today and did a lot of the hard graft and tried to get his hands on the ball
7 Barclay
8 Beattie
9 Cusiter
10 Weir
11 Lamont
12 Taylor
13 Bennett
14 Seymour
15 Maitland

16 Lawson
17 Grant
18 Low
19 R Gray
20 Cowan
21 Laidlaw
22 Heathcote
23 Evans

Majestic83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:09 pm

PS congrats Biltong on your win! Great time you've got there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:11 pm

I wonder if Jim Hamilton will be cited and banned for doing excatly the same thing Bakkies did to Adam Jones and got crucified for ?
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:11 pm

Thanks ineffible, I suppose anytime you score 4 tries in those conditions and don't concede points you should be happy.

I thought ou tactics for today was good, our defence was good, we kept the ball close to the pack.

Willie had a great game at fullback as well.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:12 pm

furious 

Positives - none

Negatives - everything.

Pathetic.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:12 pm

Biltong wrote:Well if you cite JP, you have to cite Hamilton for deliberately injuring Louw
Thats a bit rich saying that after the way you lot took out Johnathan Davies and Adam Jones last week, and they way you lot gave Scott Williams a shiner, it is an unwanted trait that goes along with South African rugby.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:12 pm

So.

Scotland well outplayed and well beaten - but did not drop their heads. SA might have relaxed just a fraction at 28 pts up but clearly keeping the tryline uncrossed was important to them.

Why we lost:
the lost lineouts handed territory and momentum to SA
Inablity to defend mauls
SA scrapped for the ball on the floor better and with better understanding of the ref. too many turnovers
Again we see Scotland make handling errors in an effort to chase the game.
Too many injured backs

Positives?
Pack scrumaged well. Denton, Barclay, Beattie, Seymour and Weir all had good games. Heads did not go down

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:12 pm

nathan wrote:
Didnt see that, what did Hamilton do?
he hit Louw in the ruck without attempting to bind, that's why we had a 5 minute injury break whilst they got him off the field
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:13 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Thats a bit rich saying that after the way you lot took out Johnathan Davies and Adam Jones last week, and they way you lot gave Scott Williams a shiner, it is an unwanted trait that goes along with South African rugby.
Oi - this is our moaning thread not yours!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:14 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
yeah, and Welsh players were all Angels last week, eh?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Fantasticbarnsmell Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:14 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Took out? Didn't Davies injure himself cover tackling Jean de Villiers? You people are really full of it.

Fantasticbarnsmell

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:15 pm

Oi - no welsh bickering on a Scottish moaning thread!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
How did South Africa take out Adam Jones and Jon Davies ?mad  one had a CALF injury and Jon Davies Pectoral muscle . How on earth are you going to blame those on springboks jesus christ
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:16 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Took out? Didn't Davies injure himself cover tackling Jean de Villiers? You people are really full of it.
no worries mate, the calf injury was our fault as well, plus the poor tackling technique from Williams, oh and the injury to Davies for trying to tackle De Villiers.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:17 pm

Biltong wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
It's a reputation that South Africa have, and we do not, in fact a lot f countries do not have this reputation, but it seems to follow you lot around more often than not.OK 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:18 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Biltong wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
It's a reputation that South Africa have, and we do not, in fact a lot f countries do not have this reputation, but it seems to follow you lot around more often than not.OK 
Hmm, it is people that perpetuate perceptions. Then ignorant people believe statements like yours and there you go....
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:18 pm

Biltong!

Looking at the stats 19 turnovers! NINETEEN. thats what killed us. 6 lineouts lost

We got tore into them better in the second half and had possession and territory but lacked a cutting edge

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Fantasticbarnsmell Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:19 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Biltong wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Perhaps it's follows SA around because of one-eyed fools such as yourself attributing malice to perfectly innocent injuries.

Fantasticbarnsmell

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:20 pm

Thanks for spoiling the Scotland thread with pointlesss bickering about other games.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:21 pm

TJ wrote:Biltong!  

Looking at the stats  19 turnovers!  NINETEEN.  thats what killed us.  6 lineouts lost

We got tore into them better in the second half and had possession and territory but lacked a cutting edge
back to topic , Scotland really did miss Stuart Hogg, they needed someone to straighten and properly attack the line at pace . Perfect example of that was when Lamont ran across with a three man overlap then kicked straight into touch .

Last edited by Bullsbok on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:23 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Biltong wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Perhaps it's follows SA around because of one-eyed fools such as yourself attributing malice to perfectly innocent injuries.
Yeh, strange innit ? The whole world look at South African rugby being a little over physical and it's all because of people like me,.Whistle 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:23 pm

TJ wrote:Biltong!  

Looking at the stats  19 turnovers!  NINETEEN.  thats what killed us.  6 lineouts lost

TJ I thought Scotland did well in the second half, but I believe they played the wrong tactics, too often they tried to go wide when clearly the conditions favoured keeping ball close to your forwards.

They showed in the second half that they can retain possession, but lost patience and went to the grubber too early or alternatively tried those wild passes out wide.

Overall for the conditions I thought it was a good game.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:23 pm

I have started another thread to discuss the scotland boks game

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:25 pm

Anyway i'm off, I did not come on here to talk about this, I was only saying that JPP should not be cited for what he has done today.boxing 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 17 Nov 2013, 5:29 pm

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sun 17 Nov 2013, 6:32 pm

well that ruined the thread. Expect more from some of you guys.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 17 Nov 2013, 9:02 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Biltong wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Yeh, strange innit ? The whole world look at South African rugby being a little over physical and it's all because of people like me,.Whistle 
From what I'm told it's a reputation that went with Wales, international and club teams, for almost a century. I don't think we're as bad now, probably because at the turn of professionalism we were dross and our players could have got themselves beat up. So let's not kid ourselves. SA have a reputation for utilising their oversized, physical athletes. Any thug comments associated with them are wholly unfair.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next