The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup.

+58
majesticimperialman
JmD
Hood83
Higher_Ground
madmaccas
LordDowlais
kingelderfield
monty junior
glamorganalun
VinceWLB
Artful_Dodger
Nachos Jones
aucklandlaurie
OzT
Taylorman
Luckless Pedestrian
poddy89
alexgmacdonald
Tramptastic
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Manky-Flanker
Heuer27
Bathman_in_London
Tattie Scones RRN
George Carlin
EWT Spoons
justified sinner
21st Century Schizoid Man
teh_Dingmeister
Majestic83
highland_scot
MacKnocked-on
cakeordeath
GLove39
Bullsbok
butterfingers
TJ
IanBru
Mr Fishpaste
jimbopip
funnyExiledScot
Solid8
nickj
BigGee
reallybored
MMaaxx
jimmyinthewell68
Captain_Sensible
tigertattie
fa0019
VietGwentRevisited
R!skysports
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
RDW
RuggerRadge2611
alive555
Biltong
62 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup. - Page 11 Empty Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup.

Post by Biltong Mon 11 Nov 2013, 9:27 am

First topic message reminder :

I thought I would start a Scotland vs South Africa thread, seeing that the other one is filled to the brim and there is a new opponent to focus on.

Scotland had a good game against South Africa with a not a full strength team in June. although I was not enammered with the tactics of Scotlands' tactics at the breakdown during that match, you have to give them Cudo's for their performance.

They scored two well executed tries and had our breakdown I shambles for most of the match.

South Africa learnt a lot from that match and it should stand them in good stead for the upcoming match.

By virtue of the Scottish performance on the weekend I would suggest that they will go into this match feeling better prepared and a bit of a roll. The momentum of a good match is always a positive to have.

It is obviously to early to speculate too much on team selections, but I would expect Scotland to put out their very best for this one.

Heyneke Meyer has been a tad contradictory in his media releases this past week as he first suggested that he will make some changes against Scotland regardless of the result against wales, but after the match he said he isn't going to make too many changes and doesn't believe in resting his best players during a test season, that should happen during the Super Xv and Currie Cup which we all know is a farce.

Morne Steyn had a back spasm during the Welsh encounter and will be assessed later in the week. I would like to see Lambie get another go at ten though.

SA have improved during the past RC and hopefully they can continue to improve.

For some reason we play poorly at Murrayfield, and I am hoping that we show a better performance there than we did in the past decade.

I'll update the thread as more news and team selections become available.

Scotland team announced.

1. Dickinson
2. Ford
3. Low
4. Gray snr
5. Hamiton
6. Strokosch
7. Denton
8. Barclay
9. Laidlaw (c)
10. Jackson
11. Lamont
12. Taylor
13. NDL
14.Seymour
15. Maitland

Replacements

16. Lawson
17. Grant
18. Cross
19. Gray jnr
20. Beattie
21. Cuisiter
22. Weir
23. Evans

Last edited by Biltong on Wed 13 Nov 2013, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup. - Page 11 Empty Re: Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup.

Post by R!skysports Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:50 pm

Biltong wrote:Well if you cite JP, you have to cite Hamilton for deliberately injuring Louw
Eh?

Hamliton comes in to clear the ruck and you can see quite clearly he is putting his arms under the player in front of him and trying to lift him off - the injury is just an unfortuanltey accident as head hit and shoulder meet

To say delibrate is really quite a stretch...

Last edited by Riskysports on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup. - Page 11 Empty Re: Scotland vs South Africa pre-match buildup.

Post by R!skysports Mon 18 Nov 2013, 1:51 pm

On the JP - not a citing - not somehing I like but not a citing

Is really in the same league as finger wagging when scoring and waving a 'card' in front of the ref - classless

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:03 pm

Riskysports wrote:On the JP - not a citing - not somehing I like but not a citing

Is really in the same league as finger wagging when scoring and waving a 'card' in front of the ref - classless
Agree, it is allowwing yourself to be hyped up in the moment. Not very classy indeed. However, I think making a player eating grass is a statement towards the player, not the crowd, whereas wagging your finger at the crowd is not necessarily aimed at an opposition player.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:24 pm

Riskysports wrote:On the JP - not a citing - not somehing I like but not a citing

I disagree, I think it is worth citing. There is no need for that behaviour.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:26 pm

I would however like to review the player that slide into Jackson head with his knees after your try - seemed to be very late and potentially very dangerous...

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:29 pm

I have the game recorded, will quickly have a look.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:29 pm

I thought Denton's reaction was pretty decent to be honest. Had he kicked off then JP could easily have been carded (along with Denton) for instigating matters. Silly really given the match situation (i.e. the Boks in cruise control).

I was behind the Hamilton incident in the North stand and in real time it looked a legitimate clearance, but I haven't seen a replay.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:30 pm

Riskysports wrote:I would however like to review the player that slide into Jackson head with his knees after your try - seemed to be very late and potentially very dangerous...
I think it was JDV but I saw no malice in it.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:31 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:I thought Denton's reaction was pretty decent to be honest. Had he kicked off then JP could easily have been carded (along with Denton) for instigating matters. Silly really given the match situation (i.e. the Boks in cruise control).

I was behind the Hamilton incident in the North stand and in real time it looked a legitimate clearance, but I haven't seen a replay.
It was around the 73 minute mark, going to have a peek on iPlayer

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:38 pm

It was Jean de Villiers, and it wasn't his knee.

I gather he must have though JP was being held up, so he went down (on his knees) grabbing hold of Jackson, his sternum hit Jackson behind the head as he slid into him.

I doubt knowing de Villiers that there was any malicious intent there.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:42 pm

cakeordeath wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:I thought Denton's reaction was pretty decent to be honest. Had he kicked off then JP could easily have been carded (along with Denton) for instigating matters. Silly really given the match situation (i.e. the Boks in cruise control).

It was around the 73 minute mark, going to have a peek on iPlayer
Just watched it (74.31) and Hamilton binds onto a Scottish player. Looks fine to me

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:44 pm

Binds?

I think we are in total disagreement here.

Interpretation, eh?
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 18 Nov 2013, 2:48 pm

Biltong wrote:Binds?

Interpretation, eh?
Well knowing Jim Hamilton there probably was some malice in it!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Mon 18 Nov 2013, 3:06 pm

I'm going to stick up for Big Jim! When I saw it on Sunday it looked to me as though he went in with the arms and he lifts someone off the ruck.

guess we'll leave it be to see if the citing commisioner has anyting to say!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 18 Nov 2013, 3:22 pm

To be clear I'm not saying he did anything wrong. I saw it live and it looked legitimate to me. I haven't seen a replay.

I was only joking that whereas Biltong suggested that JDV's character would endorse the view that he didn't mean to hurt or injure Jackson, I'm not sure Hamilton's character or track record helps him much!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Mon 18 Nov 2013, 3:29 pm

Biltong wrote:Binds?

Interpretation, eh?
No, he binds. kiss 

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Fantasticbarnsmell Mon 18 Nov 2013, 5:15 pm

Why do people get so obsessed over every tiny potential indiscretion... It's rugby, tempers flare, people get wound up, things happen. Everyone loves to jump on their high horse and point fingers as soon as something happens, but the truth is that every team has (or at some point has) players who have lost their cool at some point. Instead of all the indignation, just focus on the good points and enjoy the game.

Fantasticbarnsmell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11