The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland V Australia

+66
TJ
majesticimperialman
geoff999rugby
aucklandlaurie
MarcusHalberstram
MrsP
theslosty
Norfolklass
madmaccas
Hubert Davenport
Taylorman
kiakahaaotearoa
Hookisms and Hyperbole
mystiroakey
GloriousEmpire
IanBru
Cari
KiaRose
Nachos Jones
Golden
Pal Joey
Engine#4
Feckless Rogue
LeinsterFan4life
westisbest
marty2086
the-goon
BlueMuff
UlstermaninGlasgow
funnyExiledScot
Artful_Dodger
PredictorofTeams
asoreleftshoulder
Don Alfonso
geoff998rugby
Submachine
Pete330v2
pete (buachaill on eirne)
JmD
The Great Aukster
clivemcl
san
SecretFly
rapidsnowman
Mickado
toml
thebandwagonsociety
Sin é
Cyril
The Saint
Intotouch
whocares
Standulstermen
gleesonisgod
littlejohn
rodders
greygoose
Gibson
ME-109
GunsGerms
profitius
Notch
doctor_grey
wolfball
Rory_Gallagher
Jenifer McLadyboy
70 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Ireland V Australia - Page 4 Empty Ireland V Australia

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 11 Nov 2013, 3:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

ME-109 wrote:All water under the bridge now....Aus up next which will be interesting...someone start a thread
How hard was that..........

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Ireland V Australia - Page 4 Empty Re: Ireland V Australia

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Nov 2013, 11:51 am

I'm not against Murray in the role...but he still needs to pull up those concentration socks.  He often gets caught out chatting to the neighbours as the oppostion push through to his ...balls.

He needs to kick that All the time in World lethargy guise out of his system and get into high concentration International mode.  Speed and alertness at all times.  
I'm watching you Murray!!!Shocked

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Thu 14 Nov 2013, 12:00 pm

littlejohn wrote:Thornley's team is as follows:

IRELAND (possible): R Kearney; Bowe, O’Driscoll, Marshall, McFadden; Sexton, Reddan; Healy, Best, Ross, O’Connell (capt), Toner, O’Mahony, O’Brien, Heaslip. Replacements: Cronin, McGrath, McCarthy, McLaughlin, Murray, Madigan, D Kearney or Henshaw

Not too shabby a lineup!
Looks good to me. Touhy unlucky again but generally square pegs in square holes.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Thu 14 Nov 2013, 12:03 pm

That looks like the right line-up for me. Been very impressed with POM this season - he's developed hugely in the last 12 months.

Very much backing Ireland here.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Nov 2013, 12:10 pm

*gulp* Don't. We like not having a chance before we try to win. Being backed makes us nervous......

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:07 pm

When is the Ireland team announced, anybody?

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:14 pm

SecretFly wrote:I'm not against Murray in the role...but he still needs to pull up those concentration socks.  He often gets caught out chatting to the neighbours as the oppostion push through to his ...balls.

He needs to kick that All the time in World lethargy guise out of his system and get into high concentration International mode.  Speed and alertness at all times.  
At least Murray's passes are accurate and generally not at sexton's boot laces or behind Tommy Bowe's ear, or straight into Israel Folau's paws.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:16 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:When is the Ireland team announced, anybody?

http://www.irishrugby.ie/ireland/live_streaming.php
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:24 pm

Sin é wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I'm not against Murray in the role...but he still needs to pull up those concentration socks.  He often gets caught out chatting to the neighbours as the oppostion push through to his ...balls.

At least Murray's passes are accurate and generally not at sexton's boot laces or behind Tommy Bowe's ear, or straight into Israel Folau's paws.
Hmmm...but you do acknowledge my point then?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:28 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Hmmm...but you do acknowledge my point then?  
He looked pretty sharp for the Lions. He is still very young & inexperienced (Reddan should know better), so how about nurturing his talent?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:36 pm

Will Genia will be licking his lips...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:37 pm

1 - Healy
2 - Best
3 - Ross
4 - Toner
5 - O'Connell
6 - O'Mahony
7 - O'Brien
8 - Heaslip

9 - Reddan
10 - Sexton
11 - McFadden
12 - Marshall
13 - O'Driscoll
14 - Bowe
15 - R.Kearney

Interesting that Reddan starts.  

16 - Cronin
17 - McGrath
18 - Archer
19 - McCarthy 
20 - McLaughlin
21 - Murray 
22 - Magigan
23 - Henshaw

Henshaw moves up to the bench as well.

Last edited by Artful_Dodger on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by UlstermaninGlasgow Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:37 pm

Church, Best, Ross, POC, Toner, POM, SOB, Heaslip, Reddan, Sexton, FmF, Marshall, BOD, Bowe R Kearney
Cronin, McGrath, Archer, McCarthy, McLauglin, Murray, Mads, Henshaw
UlstermaninGlasgow
UlstermaninGlasgow

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:38 pm

All the big guns back, with Marshall and Reddan to start. Madigan on the bench to cover more positions.

Archer, McLaughlin and Henshaw on the bench!

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:42 pm

Reddan starting wtf???????? Average and limited this does not make sense - schmidt showing his true form now. If this is the way he is going to operate he can keep it

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by JmD Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:44 pm

Let's all start praying now that Ross can last the whole match.

All in all it's a good starting 15. Not a lot of experience to come off the bench, let's hope that doesn't come back to bite us.

JmD

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:46 pm

BlueMuff wrote:Reddan starting wtf???????? Average and limited this does not make sense - schmidt showing his true form now. If this is the way he is going to operate he can keep it
What?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:50 pm

BlueMuff wrote:Reddan starting wtf???????? Average and limited this does not make sense - schmidt showing his true form now. If this is the way he is going to operate he can keep it
Bring back ROG!!!

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:52 pm

Really happy with the team I have to say. Would prefer Tuohy in for Toner but that is about it I think.

Pretty excited for it. There will be a lot of pressure on Reddan to perform I think, when he and Sexton have performed well they are class.

Just listening back to the team announcement, Joe says it's not so much Darcy/Murray/McCarthy and others losing their places so much as rotation.

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:53 pm

Can't believe he didn't pick Jonathan Davies either Run 

Last edited by marty2086 on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:54 pm

All the tries v Samoa were scored when Reddan came on because he has something that Murray never will: second and even third gear.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:55 pm

ME-109 wrote:Will Genia will be licking his lips...
because POM is starting instead of Ferris? Im sure he will find POM less a threat that Ferris alright.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 14 Nov 2013, 1:57 pm

Sin é wrote:At least Murray's passes are accurate and generally not at sexton's boot laces or behind Tommy Bowe's ear, or straight into Israel Folau's paws.

Mike Ross could pass as accurate as Murray if you give the same time Murray takes to pass the ball.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:00 pm

Selection of Reddan with Sexton indicates a high tempo Leinsteresque gameplan. Murray would probably be a better choice to contain Genia but I'm glad we're looking to play our own game rather than worry about them.
Having said that I do worry about Ferg up against Folau especially if they give him a few high balls to compete for. All in all a very strong side with a nod to the future at 12, 18 and 23. I think Murray will be very effective coming off the bench and it's good to see the panel being used effectively.
Dave Kearney must really be scratching his head though.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:05 pm

Ah the excuses are starting already. Look if Redden is the way forward then we might as well bring back Kidney. In fact holy Joe sounded exactly like him except for the fush n chups accent. Even if he took a punt with Marmion then I would at least think he is looking forward.

I will say if Schmidt thinks Redden is the man for the job then I can go with that...however if you are going to drop the incumbent for someone like Redden I hope the game goes according to plan...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:06 pm

I like Dave Kearney just where he is. The right way to slide him in. Don't put undue pressure on but just let him have a second half period again and see what cooks.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:09 pm

Selecting a tried and tested (and very successful) halfback partnership against another tried and tested halfback partnership.

Good decision, I think.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:09 pm

Submachine wrote:Selection of Reddan with Sexton indicates a high tempo Leinsteresque gameplan. Murray would probably be a better choice to contain Genia but I'm glad we're looking to play our own game rather than worry about them.
Having said that I do worry about Ferg up against Folau especially if they give him a few high balls to compete for. All in all a very strong side with a nod to the future at 12, 18 and 23. I think Murray will be very effective coming off the bench and it's good to see the panel being used effectively.
I dont think D Kearney can complain. He did very well to score two tries last week and is very useful but not at Bowe and McF's level yet. He is doing well to get game time v samoa and bench time v Aus.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:10 pm

ME-109 wrote:Ah the excuses are starting already. Look if Redden is the way forward then we might as well bring back Kidney. In fact holy Joe sounded exactly like him except for the fush n chups accent. Even if he took a punt with Marmion then I would at least think he is looking forward.

I will say if Schmidt thinks Redden is the man for the job then I can go with that...however if you are going to drop the incumbent for someone like Redden I hope the game goes according to plan...
O'Connell, Healy and O'Brien were subs last week? Is that always a snub sub, those benches? Maybe it's become the new tour of duty for the players who really make a difference to the game. It certainly was last week.

Take pride in the bench I say to players because you can also make a name for yourself from them.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:11 pm

SecretFly wrote:I like Dave Kearney just where he is.  The right way to slide him in.  Don't put undue pressure on but just let him have a second half period again and see what cooks.
He isn't in the 23, Fly.  Henshaw has replaced him.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:11 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Submachine wrote:Selection of Reddan with Sexton indicates a high tempo Leinsteresque gameplan. Murray would probably be a better choice to contain Genia but I'm glad we're looking to play our own game rather than worry about them.
I dont think D Kearney can complain. He did very well to score two tries last week and is very useful but not at Bowe and McF's level yet. He is doing well to get game time v samoa and bench time v Aus.
Oh I think he's on a nice road to a nice potential future - but I agree, the bench is no insult.....yet.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:12 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
He's got, stand, couch or pub time v Australia.

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:12 pm

ME-109 wrote:Ah the excuses are starting already. Look if Redden is the way forward then we might as well bring back Kidney.
That is a contradiction given that Kidney elected to select crazy hands TOL and then Murray or any other square peg he could find to partner Sexton before considering Reddan to be worth a punt. Baffling. Murray might be a better player right now but Reddan is a better fit for this game.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:13 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
SecretFly wrote:I like Dave Kearney just where he is.  The right way to slide him in.  Don't put undue pressure on but just let him have a second half period again and see what cooks.
oops...Kearney isn't there?????  I was sure I saw him.  Or maybe that was Thornley's earlier list.  Bad show Schmidt!

Last edited by SecretFly on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:13 pm

Submachine wrote:quote]He's got, stand, couch or pub time v Australia.
OK missed that. In all fairness though I think positive rotation is good.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:14 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
oops...Murray isn't there?????  I was sure I saw him.  Or maybe that was Thornley's earlier list.  Bad show Schmidt!
Murray??? Boozy lunch boys?

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:15 pm

Submachine wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
oops...Murray isn't there?????  I was sure I saw him.  Or maybe that was Thornley's earlier list.  Bad show Schmidt!
Murray??? Boozy lunch boys?
Corrected before you got me Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:17 pm

Good team again! Joe is using the AIs perfectly to rotate players and test guys he doesn't know.

Marshall is sandwiched between Sexton and Dr Brian so Joe will get a rapid picture of how he might fit in.

I'd imagine Henshaw will replace BOD this week, so Madigan will be on the bench as 15 cover before his late cameo at 10. Thus Joe will not over use BOD and also get to compare Madigan and Henshaw at 13 over the two weeks. Similarly he can compare and contrast Fitzpatrick and Archer against the Ross standard.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:20 pm

SecretFly wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Ah the excuses are starting already. Look if Redden is the way forward then we might as well bring back Kidney. In fact holy Joe sounded exactly like him except for the fush n chups accent. Even if he took a punt with Marmion then I would at least think he is looking forward.

O'Connell, Healy and O'Brien were subs last week?  Is that always a snub sub, those benches?  Maybe it's become the new tour of duty for the players who really make a difference to the game.  It certainly was last week.

Take pride in the bench I say to players because you can also make a name for yourself from them.
ignoring the fact all three were coming back from injury. Regardless Joe picks Redden with a game plan in mind which is good, whether the players concerned can execute the game plan is another thing.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:22 pm

ME-109 wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

O'Connell, Healy and O'Brien were subs last week?  Is that always a snub sub, those benches?  Maybe it's become the new tour of duty for the players who really make a difference to the game.  It certainly was last week.

ignoring the fact all three were coming back from injury. Regardless Joe picks Redden with a game plan in mind which is good, whether the players concerned can execute the game plan is another thing.
Exactly.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:24 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Ah the excuses are starting already. Look if Redden is the way forward then we might as well bring back Kidney.
That is a contradiction given that Kidney elected to select crazy hands TOL and then Murray or any other square peg he could find to partner Sexton before considering Reddan to be worth a punt. Baffling. Murray might be a better player right now but Reddan is a better fit for this game.
+1 again Gun (I swear I am not stalking you).
The Murray/Sexton combo never sparked despite it being flogged to death. I am no fan of Reddan, in fact quite the opposite but he is the right player to select when combined with Sexton.

Much in the same way that D'Arcy is 'Tom boobie' unless he has BOD outside him...... Whistle  Run

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:24 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
The flaw in it though is that Murray will not have played with Sexton so far this season. A bit short-sighted I would think looking to next week because Reddan should not be let anywhere near the ABs and the Six Nations. Its not as if Murray has played about 50 games with Sexton like Reddan has.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:28 pm

Pete330v2 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
+1 again Gun (I swear I am not stalking you).
The Murray/Sexton combo never sparked despite it being flogged to death. I am no fan of Reddan, in fact quite the opposite but he is the right player to select when combined with Sexton.

Much in the same way that D'Arcy is 'Tom boobie' unless he has BOD outside him...... Whistle  Run
Flogged to death ... have they played more than 7/8 times together?

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:30 pm

Dave Kearney and Jackson have the All Blacks bench obviously. Whistle

No...I'm okay with anything so far. Rotation is reality with him. And hell he seems to be starting quick with Ireland.  

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:31 pm

Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
The flaw in it though is that Murray will not have played with Sexton so far this season. A bit short-sighted I would think looking to next week because Reddan should not be let anywhere near the ABs and the Six Nations. Its not as if Murray has played about 50 games with Sexton like Reddan has.

Why is it ok for him to play v Australia and not NZ and the 6N teams? Schmidt will more than likely rotate the two of them as he used to with Boss and Reddan at Leinster. Both Murray and reddan have their own strenghts and no doubt Schmidt will select then accordingly based on what team they will face and what tactics are most appropriate.

Murray v Wales and England. Reddan v France and Scotland Id imagine.

Eng and Wales employ a lot of pick and go and crash balling which Murray can soak up all day while a more expansive game may be appropriate v france and Scotland.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:32 pm

Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Murray will almost certainly come on around the 50-60 min mark,this isn't Kidney any more.We now have a coach who will use his subs and rotate his players when he can to ensure they are as fresh as possible.Murray will get to play 20-30 mins against a tired Oz instead of starting 3 matches in a row and dealing with fresh backrowers all the time.He'll be back next week as we need his physicality against NZ but I'd say JS is confident our pack can protect Reddan enough against Oz that he can do his stuff.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:36 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Murray will almost certainly come on around the 50-60 min mark,this isn't Kidney any more.We now have a coach who will use his subs and rotate his players when he can to ensure they are as fresh as possible.Murray will get to play 20-30 mins against a tired Oz instead of starting 3 matches in a row and dealing with fresh backrowers all the time.He'll be back next week as we need his physicality against NZ but I'd say JS is confident our pack can protect Reddan enough against Oz that he can do his stuff.
Exactly.  The players out first will be expected to give it their all and push hard in the knowledge that Schmidt will almost certainly use his whole bench and almost certainly give them all more than a ...minute... to mark their presence on the game.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:37 pm

Very Leinster look about the team Wink. No surprise to see it dominated by Leinster and Ulster players, they both play the brand and intensity that Schmidt wants. Thought I would have seen Fitzpatrick on the bench ahead of Archer, unless he's injured.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete330v2 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:43 pm

Sin é......step away from the Munster shirt Smile

Pete330v2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:50 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
Sin é wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

If he is rotatating, Madigan will be coming on for Sexton around the same time Smile 

Sexton will not get to play with Murray before facing the ABs. A big unfair on Murray who had Jackson last week, Madigan this week and face the ABs next week with another half-back partner in that scenario.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Nov 2013, 2:50 pm

The Saint wrote:Very Leinster look about the team Wink. No surprise to see it dominated by Leinster and Ulster players, they both play the brand and intensity that Schmidt wants. Thought I would have seen Fitzpatrick on the bench ahead of Archer, unless he's injured.
Can't say that team is dominated by Ulster players. That won't be until the 6N Very Happy 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next