The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales team vs Ireland

+49
rodders
quinsforever
LordDowlais
Funkingfullback
profitius
munkian
kiakahaaotearoa
Gibson
LeinsterFan4life
asoreleftshoulder
Mickado
RubyGuby
theshanker
sheephead
Liam
welshy824 (new)
XR
Notch
GavCanDance
BigTrevsbigmac
ME-109
geoff998rugby
Cocokav
VinceWLB
Taffineastbourne
GunsGerms
Feckless Rogue
slartibartfast
littlejohn
gavstar
ScarletSpiderman
jimmyinthewell68
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
theslosty
Knowsit17
Engine#4
SecretFly
Seagultaf
maestegmafia
international197
majesticimperialman
GavinDragon
Jhamer25
The Saint
glamorganalun
mckay1402
bedfordwelsh
gatlandgun
wales606
53 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Wales team vs Ireland - Page 3 Empty Wales team vs Ireland

Post by wales606 Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Team announced

WALES SQUAD TO PLAY IRELAND: Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro), George North (Northampton Saints), Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Racing Metro), Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Richard Hibbard (Ospreys), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Andrew Coombs (Newport Gwent Dragons), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (Racing Metro), Sam Warburton (CAPT – Cardiff Blues), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Paul James (Bath Rugby), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), James Hook (Perpignan), Liam Williams (Scarlets).

Last edited by wales606 on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Wales team vs Ireland - Page 3 Empty Re: Wales team vs Ireland

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:17 am

SecretFly wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:
rodders wrote:Really hope Davies gets the nod so BOD can school him again this season. He's got a bit big for his boots has young Davies....

Conversely praying Schmidt is not blinded by loyalty to Flash Gordon or calamity McFadden as they could end up being trampled by Dr Roberts and big George again.
Rodders,how has Davies got too big fir his boots?He seems pretty grounded to me.

That's Rodders doing his bit to keep this site alive... he's explained it all over on another thread, God bless him Wink
What did Davies do?What other thread?

Davies did nothing.  Rodders though - is doing his solemn duty.
Thanks for that.Dont really understand,mind.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:18 am

3 changes then . prob best JD not involved he hardly played . let battle commence

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:18 am

Davies already did that by being in the winning Lions test and being a back to back 6 Nations champion....
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:21 am

Surprised Biggar has been dropped completely, what has he said to Gatland?

Either way we can only get behind this team now

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:21 am

see Toby not playing but this taulupe fellow  Very Happy .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:22 am

Taffineastbourne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:
rodders wrote:Really hope Davies gets the nod so BOD can school him again this season. He's got a bit big for his boots has young Davies....

Conversely praying Schmidt is not blinded by loyalty to Flash Gordon or calamity McFadden as they could end up being trampled by Dr Roberts and big George again.
Rodders,how has Davies got too big fir his boots?He seems pretty grounded to me.

That's Rodders doing his bit to keep this site alive... he's explained it all over on another thread, God bless him Wink

Okay, I'll explain it more fully because...well, because so little seems to be happening here that I seem to have a lot of time on my hands.

We were talking (a few of us) about how ghostly quiet this place is for a 6N.  We were talking about how the site seems to be falling out of love with rugby as regards the numbers who show up to discuss it.  And Rodders said well despite his best efforts at wumming, he agreed that things were looking bleak at 606 central.... Wink He's manfully carrying on though in the hope of re-energising the place.

Last edited by SecretFly on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:24 am

Good Wales team. Warburton and Lydiate selected to chop tackle and counter Irelands narrow attack?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:33 am

GunsGerms wrote:Good Wales team. Warburton and Lydiate selected to chop tackle and counter Irelands narrow attack?

I reckon, Tipuric was a little lightweight against Italy though we need to offer more protection in the ruck area to stop Phillips getting snagged.
Sam is a better jackler than Tips.

munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:33 am

IronMike wrote:Surprised Biggar has been dropped completely, what has he said to Gatland?

Hook offers more off the bench or more cover rather thats my take on it.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:35 am

be interesting to watch Bod for this game . he's only human (honest Irish fans he really is ) he must dream to score the winning try for this game

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:36 am

The Charteris injury was kept quiet but Coombs won't let us down and good chance for Bell off the bench, as much as I said I wouldn't start JD I did think he would have been on bench.

I would have started James but really strong team and if they all play to best and we hit ground running not let them get a lead then it's a good enough team to win.

C'Mon Cymru
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:37 am

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:be interesting to watch Bod for this game . he's only human (honest Irish fans he really is )  he must dream to score the winning try for this game

I am pretty sure he would like to but he's a professional through and through and if Ireland win he won't give a minkeys who scores.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:37 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
IronMike wrote:Surprised Biggar has been dropped completely, what has he said to Gatland?

Hook offers more off the bench or more cover rather thats my take on it.

I agree that is most likely why he has been put on the bench, as in theory that means every backs position is covered from the bench; Webb to cover 9, Hook to cover 10, 12, 15, and Sanjay to cover 11, 14, 15 (with Sanjay on the wing and North at 13 if required).

Personally I would rather see an out an out fly half on the bench, and we rely on Priest/Biggar slotting into 12 if needed, as Sanjay covers the back 3 (and 13 with North shuffling as mentioned before), so Hooky the fullback is not needed.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:38 am

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:be interesting to watch Bod for this game . he's only human (honest Irish fans he really is )  he must dream to score the winning try for this game

I dont think anyone cares how he plays as long as Ireland win.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:39 am

So. so. soooo bored of hearing about BOD. There's enough rivalry and passion about the teams to not make it all about him, surely ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:39 am

SecretFly wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:

Okay, I'll explain it more fully because...well, because so little seems to be happening here that I seem to have a lot of time on my hands.

We were talking (a few of us) about how ghostly quiet this place is for a 6N.  We were talking about how the site seems to be falling out of love with rugby as regards the numbers who show up to discuss it.  And Rodders said well despite his best efforts at wumming, he agreed that things were looking bleak at 606 central.... Wink He's manfully carrying on though in the hope of re-energising the place.
Ah,I see.Wumming is ok now.Gotcha!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:40 am

GunsGerms wrote:

Except the scumbag media and I bet they are absolutely gutted that JD isn't playing to just so the can add more garbage column inches.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:42 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Except the scumbag media and I bet they are absolutely gutted that JD isn't playing to just so the can add more garbage column inches.

Thats probably the only good thing to come out of this announcement, no media spin on this imaginary O'Driscoll Davies rivalry

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:42 am

I think he'll dream of having an impact.  I really do think he gets as much fun now out of defending well and assists as he would have in his early days scoring tries.  He knows he's at the end, he knows he hasn't the young man's pace he once had, he knows he's had to mould his game to suit his remaining skillsets (and they're still substantial when he's on form).

And of course Gatland is human too (honest Welsh fans, he really is Wink ).  His dream will be to spoil any party BOD has planned and to make him look as ordinary as possible.  It's a classic cinematic rivalry now, despite everyone's best efforts to disguise it.  The old teacher (Gatland) who turned on his star pupil (O'Driscoll) who turned on his old Teacher.  Bibles will be written about both of them in years to come.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:44 am

Taffineastbourne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:
SecretFly wrote:
Taffineastbourne wrote:
rodders wrote:.......
....?
Ah,I see.Wumming is ok now.Gotcha!

Wumming is never ok, however tongue in cheek humour is and always has been welcomed.[/quote]

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missed a quote....)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 am

SecretFly wrote:

I think he'll dream of having an impact.  I really do think he gets as much fun now out of defending well and assists as he would have in his early days scoring tries.  He knows he's at the end, he knows he hasn't the young man's pace he once had, he knows he's had to mould his game to suit his remaining skillsets (and they're still substantial when he's on form).

And of course Gatland is human too (honest Welsh fans, he really is Wink).  His dream will be to spoil any party BOD has planned and to make him look as ordinary as possible.  It's a classic cinematic rivalry now, despite everyone's best efforts to disguise it.  The old teacher (Gatland) who turned on his star pupil (O'Driscoll) who turned on his old Teacher.  Bibles will be written about both of them in years to come.
like Ben Konobi and darth vader . well what ever the outcome lets hope its a cracking game like last year

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:48 am

To be honest come the end of the game none of us will be talking about Gats or BOD, we will all be talking about if how the hell Aus let Jake Ball slip their nets.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocokav Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:50 am

I'll be arriving in Dublin @ 8:00 on Saturday - does Bewleys still do a good breakfast?

Which hotel do the Wales team usually stay at?

Cocokav

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:52 am

Wumming is often tongue-in-cheek though - and the reciever of a wum always decides for himself how much tongue-in-cheek he's prepared to accept before he starts crying wolf. - There are varieties of wumming though, like sweets in a shop.  Some are sweets and kids love them secretly..others are single cigarettes with sweet paper on them that the shop owner really shouldn't be selling to kids.  Naughty!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:54 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:To be honest come the end of the game none of us will be talking about Gats or BOD, we will all be talking about if how the hell Aus let Jake Ball slip their nets.

???? we will?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:54 am

munkian wrote:So. so. soooo bored of hearing about BOD. There's enough rivalry and passion about the teams to not make it all about him, surely ?

Why do you keep talking about him then?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:57 am

I don't....
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:57 am

One man's Terrorist is another man's Freedom Fighter.One man's tongue in cheek humour is another man's Wumming.Tricky,isn't it.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:00 pm

Not if we just stick to talking about rugby.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:02 pm

munkian wrote:So. so. soooo bored of hearing about BOD. There's enough rivalry and passion about the teams to not make it all about him, surely ?

It's usually about him and Gats though....well lately anyway.  His own ghost writer wanted him (O'Driscoll) to give an exclusive interview during the Six Nations and BOD denied him (I'm thinking because he knew the questions he'd be asked for a 'big' exclusive'.)  So he's doing his part in keeping this as low key as possible and his ghost writer took a huff and resigned because of it.

BUT...regardless of how bored Welsh people are about BOD, Irish people aren't.  It's our player on his last campaign.  Strictly no apologies from us if he keeps getting mentioned Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:02 pm

Cocokav wrote:I'll be arriving in Dublin @ 8:00 on Saturday - does Bewleys still do a good breakfast?

Which hotel do the Wales team usually stay at?

Bewleys isnt a bad spot for a breakfast because the atmosphere is good and the coffee ok. Go up stairs to the balcony floor and sit on the balcony if it is a nice day.

If you want really nice food for breakfast go to the restaraunt upstairs in Avoca on Suffolk street, near Bewleys.

Cinnamon in Ranelagh is a nice for breakfast too.

Best coffee in Dublin: http://www.3fe.com/ Its near the Aviva too. They dont really do much food, just cakes.

Not sure where the Wales team stay.

Best place for pints before or after the game is the Bath pub on Bath avenue. Behind the north stand of the Aviva. Thats where I will be anyway.

Last edited by GunsGerms on Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:04 pm

munkian wrote:Not if we just stick to talking about rugby.

BOD is a rugby player?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:06 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:To be honest come the end of the game none of us will be talking about Gats or BOD, we will all be talking about if how the hell Aus let Jake Ball slip their nets.

Is Ball really that good? I've not seen much of him at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:08 pm

Who's the ref ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Barnes

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Calamity Barnes.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:11 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Who's the ref ?
BOD!

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:11 pm

geoff998rugby wrote:Barnes

Ah well then, I suppose we will not be talking about the rugby after this one. steam 

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:13 pm

Taffineastbourne wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Who's the ref ?
BOD!

Wayne Barnes will do all he can to take away any headlines that Brian O'Driscoll will generate.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:14 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Ah well then, I suppose we will not be talking about the rugby after this one. steam 

Nope. There will be contraversy just like when he last reffed Ireland v Wales. The game he penalised and binned Ferris for a legitimate tackle on Ian Evans to gift Wales the match and failed to give Davies red for a fairly dangerous tip tackle.

There was also some contraversy re a forward pass the last time he reffer Wales v Oz.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:21 pm

Wales win for me. That's a strong pack with good reserves on the bench, this will be to our advantage so long as James and Rh.Jones aren't at any point up against Healy and Ross. There are also a few breakdown specialists, we lose out in bulk but we gain a good fetcher (Coombes). The backs will slice through Ireland like a knife through butter, Halfpenny will nail his kicks.

Henry played well last weekend, he got a few turnovers. So do Ireland fans really see SOB as a loss? I don't think he would have caused us more bother at the breakdown, but we would have had difficulty in stopping him in contact. Ireland should target our lineout and use their driving maul, that is where we're weak.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:32 pm

SOB would be a loss to any team so yes he is a loss. Healy, Best and Heaslip to carry again instead.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:55 pm

The Saint wrote:Wales win for me. That's a strong pack with good reserves on the bench, this will be to our advantage so long as James and Rh.Jones aren't at any point up against Healy and Ross. There are also a few breakdown specialists, we lose out in bulk but we gain a good fetcher (Coombes). The backs will slice through Ireland like a knife through butter, Halfpenny will nail his kicks.

Henry played well last weekend, he got a few turnovers. So do Ireland fans really see SOB as a loss? I don't think he would have caused us more bother at the breakdown, but we would have had difficulty in stopping him in contact. Ireland should target our lineout and use their driving maul, that is where we're weak.

You're weak in all the places you were weak the first half last year.  Ireland are weak in being a one half team - so far.  Halfpenny will probably have an influence on the scoreboard - true.  Unfortunately, Sexton doesn't have such an influence there so has to be more effective at the effective part of his game.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:01 pm

looking forward seeing Jake ball in a Welsh top . born in England moved to Australia at 17 and has a Welsh dad . you can't miss him with that big ginger beard .

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:10 pm

The Saint wrote:Wales win for me. Wayne Barnes is the ref and given in two of our recent wins we needed bad decisions from the Refs to win old Wayne will swing it for us.

Fixed that for you.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Born in Ascot & didn't go to Oz until 17. He sound very English to me? But we are sorted in that department ta.
Was he not rated in Oz? or was it a good spot by an international Scarlet scout?

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:17 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Nope. There will be contraversy just like when he last reffed Ireland v Wales. The game he penalised and binned Ferris for a legitimate tackle on Ian Evans to gift Wales the match and failed to give Davies red for a fairly dangerous tip tackle.

There was also some contraversy re a forward pass the last time he reffer Wales v Oz.

Surely you shouldn't have to rely on a 2 point lead at home then ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 pm

1 point will do, munkian ...and neutral ballboys Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 pm

munkian wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Surely you shouldn't have to rely on a 2 point lead at home then ?

I have Wales to win by 8 points or so. A 2 point lead would not be enough no.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:29 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:

Born in Ascot & didn't go to Oz until 17. He sound very English to me? But we are sorted in that department ta.
Was he not rated in Oz? or was it a good spot by an international Scarlet scout?

I think is another one like Ben Morgan, was really not up to the fitness aspects of being a pro, but appeared to have all the other attributes, so was a bit of a gamble. Realistically I doubt he will be on the pitch for more than 15 mins, but with his beard he stands out, and being a bit unknown I have a feeling he will be one of those players, good or bad, that will get noticed with comments like "who was that beast/muppet (delete as appropriate) who came on in the second row, he has a bright future/is a one cap wonder (delete as appropriate)." A bit like Olly Kohn was for us last year.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next