The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales team vs Ireland

+49
rodders
quinsforever
LordDowlais
Funkingfullback
profitius
munkian
kiakahaaotearoa
Gibson
LeinsterFan4life
asoreleftshoulder
Mickado
RubyGuby
theshanker
sheephead
Liam
welshy824 (new)
XR
Notch
GavCanDance
BigTrevsbigmac
ME-109
geoff998rugby
Cocokav
VinceWLB
Taffineastbourne
GunsGerms
Feckless Rogue
slartibartfast
littlejohn
gavstar
ScarletSpiderman
jimmyinthewell68
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
theslosty
Knowsit17
Engine#4
SecretFly
Seagultaf
maestegmafia
international197
majesticimperialman
GavinDragon
Jhamer25
The Saint
glamorganalun
mckay1402
bedfordwelsh
gatlandgun
wales606
53 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Wales team vs Ireland - Page 4 Empty Wales team vs Ireland

Post by wales606 Sat 01 Feb 2014, 7:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Team announced

WALES SQUAD TO PLAY IRELAND: Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro), George North (Northampton Saints), Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Racing Metro), Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Richard Hibbard (Ospreys), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Andrew Coombs (Newport Gwent Dragons), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Dan Lydiate (Racing Metro), Sam Warburton (CAPT – Cardiff Blues), Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Replacements: Ken Owens (Scarlets), Paul James (Bath Rugby), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Jake Ball (Scarlets), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), James Hook (Perpignan), Liam Williams (Scarlets).

Last edited by wales606 on Tue 04 Feb 2014, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Wales team vs Ireland - Page 4 Empty Re: Wales team vs Ireland

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Tue 04 Feb 2014, 1:49 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:To be honest come the end of the game none of us will be talking about Gats or BOD, we will all be talking about if how the hell Aus let Jake Ball slip their nets.

Born in Ascot & didn't go to Oz until 17. He sound very English to me? But we are sorted in that department ta.
Was he not rated in Oz? or was it a good spot by an international Scarlet scout?

I think is another one like Ben Morgan, was really not up to the fitness aspects of being a pro, but appeared to have all the other attributes, so was a bit of a gamble.  Realistically I doubt he will be on the pitch for more than 15 mins, but with his beard he stands out, and being a bit unknown I have a feeling he will be one of those players, good or bad, that will get noticed with comments like "who was that beast/muppet (delete as appropriate) who came on in the second row, he has a bright future/is a one cap wonder (delete as appropriate)."  A bit like Olly Kohn was for us last year.

Ok thanks - I'm sure I won't miss him!

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 04 Feb 2014, 1:54 pm

Cocokav wrote:
Which hotel do the Wales team usually stay at?

Warbs, Gats and the WRU brigade are Bono's guests at the Clarence, AWJ and the rest if the turncoats are staying down the Travelodge.  angel 
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:10 pm

Pleased to see Ball's form at PYS rewarded and to have a fresh face with plenty of raw talent in amongst the tried and tested. At the same time I despair that it takes three absentees in the second row (Evans, Davies and Charteris) for Gatland to show any adventure whatsoever and start to think outside the box (the one he lives in and has grown afraid to leave). I know I harp on about this a lot nowadays but I can't shake the feeling that the longer these rigid, closed-minded selections continue the more problems will fester.

Predictable as you'd like other than that. Is Biggar injured or has Gatland just resumed his affair with Hook?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:15 pm

rodders wrote:
Cocokav wrote:
Which hotel do the Wales team usually stay at?

Warbs, Gats and the WRU brigade are Bono's guests at the Clarence, AWJ and the rest if the turncoats are staying down the Travelodge.  angel 
i wonder if rugby teams get opposite fans trying to wake them up the night before . heard American golf fans had a brass band play in the night during ryder cup . that could have been heresay

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:18 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Pleased to see Ball's form at PYS rewarded and to have a fresh face with plenty of raw talent in amongst the tried and tested. At the same time I despair that it takes three absentees in the second row (Evans, Davies and Charteris) for Gatland to show any adventure whatsoever and start to think outside the box (the one he lives in and has grown afraid to leave). I know I harp on about this a lot nowadays but I can't shake the feeling that the longer these rigid, closed-minded selections continue the more problems will fester.

Predictable as you'd like other than that. Is Biggar injured or has Gatland just resumed his affair with Hook?

Wales' greatest step forward was pre World Cup when we started selecting young players on form rather than the old guard but it is risky. I think Gatland has his RWC squad in his head already and thats what he is building towards. Unless we unearth another George North in the next year.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:32 pm

IronMike wrote:Unless we unearth another George North in the next year.

Let's not get greedy now! Use up all of George first before opening a new pack

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:43 pm

Please keep it on topic and avoid either fishing or biting, removed some posts already and don't fancy having to do it again. Thanks
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:47 pm

Oh Wow!  Priestland picked to start again!  AWESOME!  And the experienced and 'creative' Hooky on the bench as a fall back, should RP SOMEHOW not be having the game of his life!!!  EXCELLENT STUFF GATS!!!

Homer Simpson- Sarcastic:

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:50 pm

LOVE the CAPITALS ! really ADDS to your INCITE FULL post. Please name WHERE he WENT wrong LAST game ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:51 pm

ME-109 wrote:

You make it quite clear by your use of WRU£burton so your question was facetious at best and got the response it deserved. The answer is.
1. He is their Captain
2. He is the best Openside they have.
3. He is fit.
4. In balance terms Lydiate, Warburton and Faleteu is the best backrow they can play.
5. Tipuric covers more positions and didnt play that well last weekend.

Overall its pretty simple. Even for someone like you to understand.

Whats wrong with using WRUburton (as used by a V2 MOD) or WRU£burton?

If that is offensive then sites like this are dead.

1. He is their Captain - So that doesn't mean anything AWJ did a good job last week, Jenkins could also step in.
2. He is the best Openside they have. - In some peoples view, not mine.
3. He is fit. - ? maybe he is maybe he isn't, each to their own.
4. In balance terms Lydiate, Warburton and Faleteu is the best backrow they can play. - not if you think Tips is a better player see point 2.
5. Tipuric covers more positions and didnt play that well last weekend. - WRUburton hasn't played well all season, the summer was a mixed bag also.

Scarlet my comments were rugby based, unlike others.

Are you saying a English fan isn't allowed to comment on this game?

as I'm very confused by your actions!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:56 pm

Scrumpy - I was saying that there is a difference between commenting on rugby in the interest of debate, and commenting on rugby in a way that will only lead a thread to a downward spiral of non-rugby related comments. And I am sure you know fully well the difference, too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:57 pm

1. He is their Captain - So that doesn't mean anything AWJ did a good job last week, Jenkins could also step in. He was name Captain at the start of the tournament. He played very well in the 2nd Lions test until he was injured. Robshaw isn't a 7 yet HE still gets picked.

2. He is the best Openside they have. - In some peoples view, not mine. Well, In Gatland;s view, which is probably held higher than yours...

3. He is fit. - ? maybe he is maybe he isn't, each to their own. Well, if the medical staff deemed him fit, he played last game then the clue is out there..

4. In balance terms Lydiate, Warburton and Faleteu is the best backrow they can play. - not if you think Tips is a better player see point 2. Lydiate, Warburton and Faletau ARE the established welsh backline. The backrow was bullied slightly by the Italians as stated by most people..

5. Tipuric covers more positions and didnt play that well last weekend. - WRUburton hasn't played well all season, the summer was a mixed bag also In YOUR opinion, which not many really agree with

Last edited by munkian on Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:58 pm

Oh Wow!  Priestland picked to start again!  AWESOME!  And the experienced and 'creative' Hooky on the bench as a fall back, should RP SOMEHOW not be having the game of his life!!!  EXCELLENT STUFF GATS!!!

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue 04 Feb 2014, 2:59 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Scrumpy - I was saying that there is a difference between commenting on rugby in the interest of debate, and commenting on rugby in a way that will only lead a thread to a downward spiral of non-rugby related comments.  And I am sure you know fully well the difference, too.

But I wasn't the one who started or took part in the mud slinging hence why I reported one of the said posts!

My comments were all rugby based, if others took offense to me being here then that really isn't my problem.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:07 pm

munkian wrote:1. He is their Captain - So that doesn't mean anything AWJ did a good job last week, Jenkins could also step in. He was name Captain at the start of the tournament. He played very well in the 2nd Lions test until he was injured. Robshaw isn't a 7 yet HE still gets picked.

2. He is the best Openside they have. - In some peoples view, not mine. Well, In Gatland;s view, which is probably held higher than yours...

3. He is fit. - ? maybe he is maybe he isn't, each to their own. Well, if the medical staff deemed him fit, he played last game then the clue is out there..

4. In balance terms Lydiate, Warburton and Faleteu is the best backrow they can play. - not if you think Tips is a better player see point 2. Lydiate, Warburton and Faletau ARE the established welsh backline. The backrow was bullied slightly by the Italians as stated by most people..

5. Tipuric covers more positions and didnt play that well last weekend. - WRUburton hasn't played well all season, the summer was a mixed bag also In YOUR opinion, which not many really agree with

Wow look two rugby arguements...and one about Money...

I'll say no more...although given SS is against Central contracts and agrees with you Scrumpy I cant say I will spend too long defending a Welsh Player....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:10 pm

Anyway... here's the latest news from the Ireland camp.

http://www.irishrugby.ie/matchdaytv?play=media&id=17498

Luke Fitzgerald and Eoin Reddan out of the Wales game- Tommy Bowe and Donnacha Ryan not available this weekend either, all hopefully making comebacks from injury next weekend (14th-16th Feb) in the Pro12 for their provinces.

Cian Healy only took a partial part in training this morning after Sundays game but is fine, Rob Kearney and Paul O'Connell sat out training but are expected to be available on Thursday.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:11 pm

I was countering Scrumpy's views, not your own...
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:12 pm

ME-109, I am not against central contracting per ce, and all my views on it pro and con, are on the threads about it in the club section. Although that has nothing to do with this thread. So please don't stop debating the merits/draw backs of Sam starting for Wales this weekend.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:13 pm

Here's the cavalry....

Anyhow...weather forecast is starting to be more stable and its looking more likely to be wet and possibly windy....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:14 pm

munkian wrote:I was countering Scrumpy's views, not your own...

Yes I know...apologies if that wasnt clear what I was referring too.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:15 pm

Notch wrote:Anyway... here's the latest news from the Ireland camp.

Luke Fitzgerald and Eoin Reddan out of the Wales game- Tommy Bowe and Donnacha Ryan not available this weekend either, all hopefully making comebacks from injury next weekend (14th-16th Feb) in the Pro12 for their provinces.

Cian Healy only took a partial part in training this morning after Sundays game but is fine, Rob Kearney and Paul O'Connell sat out training but are expected to be available on Thursday.

Who do you think may replace them Notch ? Zeeeeebo ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:16 pm

munkian wrote:LOVE the CAPITALS ! really ADDS to your INCITE FULL post. Please name WHERE he WENT wrong LAST game ?

Hey Bud - I don't mean to incite anything or upset anyone.  It's just an opinion, that's all!   Hug 

I just feel that Biggar is the best 10 in Wales right now in terms of his all round game and physical strength.  Priestland has been off form for a very long time and has cost Wales and Scarlets a few games due to kicking the ball away at crucial times.  

Bad choice to pick RP IMO, but I guess we will have to wait and see on Saturday won't we?  Hope he proves me wrong, but I can't see it somehow.   thumbsup

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:17 pm

I bet George North is glad Bowe is out, as the last time those two played against each other George was made to look like a school boy (although in his defence, he is not too much older than a school boy).
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:19 pm

GavCanDance wrote:Oh Wow!  Priestland picked to start again!  AWESOME!  And the experienced and 'creative' Hooky on the bench as a fall back, should RP SOMEHOW not be having the game of his life!!!  EXCELLENT STUFF GATS!!!

Great use of the simpsons, this board could use more references to that show.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:24 pm

GavCanDance wrote:
munkian wrote:LOVE the CAPITALS ! really ADDS to your INCITE FULL post. Please name WHERE he WENT wrong LAST game ?

Hey Bud - I don't mean to incite anything or upset anyone.  It's just an opinion, that's all!   Hug 

I just feel that Biggar is the best 10 in Wales right now in terms of his all round game and physical strength.  Priestland has been off form for a very long time and has cost Wales and Scarlets a few games due to kicking the ball away at crucial times.  

Bad choice to pick RP IMO, but I guess we will have to wait and see on Saturday won't we?  Hope he proves me wrong, but I can't see it somehow.   thumbsup

No worries dude, constructive criticism is always welcome  Wink 
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:24 pm

GavCanDance wrote:

Say what you think fella and don't worry about what others think.

I think Biggar is treated poorly by Gats, he always steps up to the plate in the games I've watched him play.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:25 pm

munkian wrote:

Nah I think it's likely we'll stick with the same three wingers now- McFadden, Trimble and Kearney. Hopefully Zebo gets 80 mins for Munster against Cardiff and a bit of ball in hand! He could still be involved in the last three games.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by GavCanDance Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:35 pm

Scrumpy wrote:

I think Biggar is treated poorly by Gats, he always steps up to the plate in the games I've watched him play.

Same here - I think Biggar is still judged a little on his attitude from his early years (which admittedly was pretty arrogant).  I think he is a solid player now though and we will really need that against Ireland on Saturday.  We won't have the chances to recover from mistakes like we did against Italy!  I think Ireland will be full on for the 80 as per their last (incredible) game against NZ  boxing

GavCanDance

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:44 pm

I would have picked Dan over Rhys for this fixture no question.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:44 pm

munkian wrote:

No one - the team willl come from the 34 man squad

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:50 pm

geoff998rugby wrote:
munkian wrote:

No one - the team willl come from the 34 man squad

Well, Ok, semantics aside, who from the 34 man squad then ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 04 Feb 2014, 3:54 pm

2 out of David Kearney, Trimble and McFadden
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 04 Feb 2014, 4:04 pm

Notch wrote:2 out of David Kearney, Trimble and McFadden

Ta
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 04 Feb 2014, 4:30 pm

Notch wrote:2 out of David Kearney, Trimble and McFadden

+1  Wink 
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 (new) Tue 04 Feb 2014, 4:35 pm

Is it just me who didnt think that ireland were that impressive? Certainly compared to the New Zealand match , i mean they won comfortably but i dont see much threat from the backline apart from Kearney, Marshall and Sexton. I mean BOD while still a solid player just doesnt seem as threatening and then neither the wings from what i have seen (although Trimble is a decent finisher) are particularily threatening. However the forwards, Healy and POM and of course POC will need to be stopped.

I dont mean it to sound cocky as like i said Ireland beat scotland comfortably and if wales perform like they do against italy we will be in trouble, however if we can get a good forward platform, then priestland (love him or hate him) is a good distributer, so if he can be provided with good quality ball then i believe our backline should have the upper hand and should score tries.

Also in the 10 debate, i read somewhere (might have been comments in the WRU fb page) that Biggar is injured? Which would certainly explain alot!

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 04 Feb 2014, 4:37 pm

It's official McFadden it is.  I knew I'd be proved right - i had one of my faultless hunches.

He's also on the bench! - fantastic attitude for a player.  Good luck to him.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 04 Feb 2014, 4:44 pm

welshy824 (new) wrote:Is it just me who didnt think that ireland were that impressive?

No, you wouldn't be alone.  But I'd compare their efforts against Scotland in pretty much the same vein as the efforts of Wales against Italy.  Done enough to win but showing scant f**k all of what they should hope to show against better opposition.
So for last weekend, I put England as the most efficient looking team and I ranked Ireland and Wales together as second.  France shone in moments of individual magic and opportunism but I didn't see much of a team in operation.

So all to play for between Wales and Ireland and neither side has shown the full hand they are in theory capable of.  I genuinely don't think the Irish are gloating about what they'll do to Wales on that performance against Scotland but some of them seem to see a promising beginning for a team they hope will improve through the competition.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocokav Tue 04 Feb 2014, 4:47 pm

Last time I was in Dublin for a game was in 1978 - Triple Crown win - JPRs poorest game for Wales - wasn't popular with the Irish supporters after a late tackle on Mike Gibson as I vaguely recall.

Hope to make it 2 Welsh wins out of 2 visits on Saturday

Cocokav

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 04 Feb 2014, 4:59 pm

Just tell JPR to mind his manners this time.. our eyes are on him!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Tue 04 Feb 2014, 5:27 pm

Can only assume Gatland really wants to take the game to Ireland and play an attacking game. Warburton coming back in is fe, thought he did quite well when he came on last week and will be needed for the physical battle. Would have gone with Biggar because Ireland will target RP and if they get to him we're in trouble with their confidence already up. Need to get North and Roberts running with the ball as much as we can. We need Ireland to be wary of us and I would like us to play an expansive game and really take it to them

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:02 pm

With regards to Gethin Jenkins/Sam Warburton.

First of all Gethin Jenkins. Is it not time he was put out to pasture/ retired from international rugby? He is a great player and been one of the stalwarts for Wales over the years, but he keeps getting this recuring injury to his calf/knee which ever it is. Surely he should step aside for then next generation. Maybe he could go into coaching for the Welsh props that are coming through.

Sam Warburton? Slightly different to Gethin, but again he seems to pick up alott of injuries, is he fully fit? as he played mutch this year? Should he be in the squad for the 6ns? yes he should, should he be starting the game this week end? IMHO no he should not, on the bench, yes. Is he the best captain for Wales? No i don't think he is AWJ for me.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:27 pm

Scarlet how come this is allowed to stay yet my rugby comments are sensored or removed?

This is just a insult, yet it has been allowed to stay.

Last edited by Scrumpy on Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:36 pm

Scrumpy wrote:I would have picked Dan over Rhys for this fixture no question.

Scrumpy,

I agree with you as he is a far more astute tactical kicker than Priestland but that said I think Priestland is getting way to much stick.

He plays the game much flatter than Biggar does which helps bring Roberts into the and thats what we want and need.

bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 7:50 pm

FFs this thread has already gone downhill.

Anyway, good team, hope Jake Ball comes on as he deserves it and may the best team win.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 04 Feb 2014, 8:08 pm

Cocokav wrote:Last time I was in Dublin for a game was in 1978 - Triple Crown win - JPRs poorest game for Wales - wasn't popular with the Irish supporters after a late tackle on Mike Gibson as I vaguely recall.

Not too many people here actually saw those guys play. nice one.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 04 Feb 2014, 8:16 pm

GunsGerms wrote:
Cocokav wrote:Last time I was in Dublin for a game was in 1978 - Triple Crown win - JPRs poorest game for Wales - wasn't popular with the Irish supporters after a late tackle on Mike Gibson as I vaguely recall.

Not too many people here actually saw those guys play. nice one.

I was there (11 years old). My recollection (admittedly based on my Fathers reactions and expletives) were as follows.
1. Wales were not capable of winning a game cleanly when they were put under pressure (some things never change)
2. JPR was lucky he wasnt lynched based on the crowd reaction.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Tue 04 Feb 2014, 8:17 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:I would have picked Dan over Rhys for this fixture no question.

Scrumpy,

I agree with you as he is a far more astute tactical kicker than Priestland but that said I think Priestland is getting way to much stick.

He plays the game much flatter than Biggar does which helps bring Roberts into the and thats what we want and need.

I cannot decide which would be best.Bigger is more solid but Priestland has more flair.Both make the odd howler.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue 04 Feb 2014, 8:23 pm

This game will be tight so I would've gone with solid every time.

Hook will either win it or lose it
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:42 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:With regards to Gethin Jenkins/Sam Warburton.

First of all Gethin Jenkins. Is it not time he was put out to pasture/ retired from international rugby? He is a great player and been one of the stalwarts for Wales over the years, but he keeps getting this recuring injury to his calf/knee which ever it is. Surely he should step aside for then next generation. Maybe he could go into coaching for the Welsh props that are coming through.

Sam Warburton? Slightly different to Gethin, but again he seems to pick up alott of injuries, is he fully fit? as he played mutch this year? Should he be in the squad for the 6ns? yes he should, should he be starting the game this week end? IMHO no he should not, on the bench, yes. Is he the best captain for Wales? No i don't think he is AWJ for me.

We undoubtedly see a fiercely competitive breakdown, so have gone for more of a presence. Both are quite good at getting over the ball, compared to James (who didn't scrummage too well last weekend either) and Tipuric (who didn't have his best game and who I don't think is the man for a backrow battle like we will likely have).

I don't mind Priestland starting, but Biggar should certainly be on the bench, especially if we want to tighten things up or alter our game plan.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 04 Feb 2014, 9:42 pm

Hook won't get on feild hopefully
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next