The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
JuliusHMarx
Galted
superflyweight
Adam D
Pal Joey
Rowley
TopHat24/7
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 10 Mar 2014, 12:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

superflyweight wrote:It's in Edinburgh and it's called the "Pubic Triangle".  Is about 5 minutes from my work and there's always a distressing smell of lube hanging over the area.  

That's the one, thanks super.

Is lube really a distressing smell?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:27 am

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I had a half decent night's kip for the first time in 2 weeks. I believe I may be actually able to function at work today.

Good news. I'd like a Coke with my Big Mac meal please.

You're too old for MacDonald's. Not good for the Diabetes.

Turning away elderly customers is your idea of being able to function at work?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 2 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:29 am

Julius wrote:Tino and sean and it's as thought the rest of us don't exist

Sorry to here that you are upset about this Julius, one can only assume this is why you put "thought" instead of "though"

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:30 am

seanmichaels wrote:I had a half decent night's kip for the first time in 2 weeks. I believe I may be actually able to function at work today.

For the Francophiles amongst us
Spoiler:

I'm not able to access youtube at work so when I open the spoiler I get a giant white flag.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:31 am

Professor Julius, please come to the boxing Forum - Rowley is having a nervous breakdown and is misusing your-you're. I would not have brought it to your attention, but he did it twice in one paragraph.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:32 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:must admit I have been remiss in my culture duties of late, gosh darn work folk making me work at work!

Swear to god if they didn't pay me I would not turn up.

What has been occuring?

The usual rick. People talk about Galted, Tino and sean and it's as thought the rest of us don't exist.

Julius has combined being angry, witty and forgetful. Rowley has been provoking the 667Killer.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:33 am

rick_dagless wrote:

Sorry to here that you are upset about this Julius, one can only assume this is why you put "thought" instead of "though"
 picard 

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:34 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:must admit I have been remiss in my culture duties of late, gosh darn work folk making me work at work!

Swear to god if they didn't pay me I would not turn up.

What has been occuring?

The usual rick. People talk about Galted, Tino and sean and it's as thought the rest of us don't exist.

Julius has combined being angry, witty and forgetful.  Rowley has been provoking the 667Killer.

Wow - Julius and Rowley making mistakes on the same day, I think Judgement Day approaches.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:34 am

Rick, i'm not surprised at you.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:36 am

rick_dagless wrote:

I am very upse. (By leaving the 't' off of 'upset' I am back to using the correct number of 't's overall.)
Not with you, of course. But I spend half my life trying to get Jeff to notice me. "Beck, Jeff, or Jeff Beck?" - remember that one? I save all my best stuff for him, and he doesn't even know I exist. I was even fool enough to think that becoming a Moderator might attract his attention, but no. What more can I do?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:38 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

I am very upse. (By leaving the 't' off of 'upset' I am back to using the correct number of 't's overall.)
Not with you, of course. But I spend half my life trying to get Jeff to notice me. "Beck, Jeff, or Jeff Beck?" - remember that one? I save all my best stuff for him, and he doesn't even know I exist. I was even fool enough to think that becoming a Moderator might attract his attention, but no. What more can I do?

You could bake him a pie - he'd be your love slave from then on.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:38 am

Tino and superflyweight are absent. Time to start the rumour-mongering.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:38 am

Shah wrote:Rick, i'm not surprised at you.

here to keep the standards at an average level Shah

Julius wrote:What more can I do?

You could try having an unhealthy interest in things that have much more legs than you?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:39 am

seanmichaels wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

picard 

I'm so upset I didn't even spot that. Thank you sean. In return, I shall gracefully accept your refusal to serve me a hamburger.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:39 am

Sorry Jules, it is not ignoring you, to be honest I find you intimidating, as you are clearly wittier and brighter than me, which is generally upsetting. Is like when you are a kid and you are really unpleasant to the girl you really fancy.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:40 am

Galted wrote:

For the Francophiles amongst us
Spoiler:

I'm not able to access youtube at work so when I open the spoiler I get a giant white flag.

It is a song called La Verite by Francois and the Atlas Mountains. Very good.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:40 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Shah wrote:Rick, i'm not surprised at you.

here to keep the standards at an average level Shah

Julius wrote:What more can I do?

You could try having an unhealthy interest in things that have much more legs than you?

Not difficult since the motorbike accident.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:41 am

Julius wrote:I'm so upset I didn't even spot that. Thank you sean. In return, I shall gracefully accept your refusal to serve me a hamburger.

Just trying to throw you a bone to get you back on track Julius...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:41 am

Rowley wrote:Sorry Jules, it is not ignoring you, to be honest I find you intimidating, as you are clearly wittier and brighter than me, which is generally upsetting. Is like when you are a kid and you are really unpleasant to the girl you really fancy.

You go for the older guy then?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:43 am

Dammit thread. Split, I tell you, split!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 11 Mar 2014, 9:43 am

Galted wrote:Tino and superflyweight are absent.  Time to start the rumour-mongering.

Tino finally escaped from the rabbit hutch his son was keeping him in and fled to Glasgow. After 10 minutes in Glasgow he was homesick and came across superflyweight who alleviated that homesickness by headbutting him and landing them both in a cell.

The End.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:07 am

I'm here - I've just been trying to wind strongy up on the boxing boards.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:09 am

superflyweight wrote:I've just been trying to wind strongy up on the boxing boards.

Not the trickiest of things to do super, or have you achieved and are now letting Trussman pick up the slack?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:21 am

He hasn't taken the bait, so I'm a little down. I even went to the bother of cutting and pasting lyrics from a webiste and changing a few of the words to make them relevant. A life wasted!

He's going to push me to make a joke about the Irish and he's only got himself to blame, to be sure.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:24 am

Crikey, no wonder you have retreated back on to here, I am sure that if you start a Klit/Haye thread, you will get there in the end, without resorting to lazy stereotypes...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:28 am

rick_dagless wrote:Crikey, no wonder you have retreated back on to here, I am sure that if you start a Klit/Haye thread, you will get there in the end, without resorting to lazy stereotypes...

I heard Strongy tried to blow up Haye's car.

Burnt his lips on the exhaust pipe....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:30 am

sean wrote:I heard Strongy tried to blow up Haye's car.

It would not be the worse thing if this headed up the next thread...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:36 am

rick_dagless wrote:

*worst

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:37 am

rick_dagless wrote:

Laugh 

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:43 am

Toppy wrote:*worst

Rats, busy morning here, no time to proof read, morning by the way Toppy

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 11 Mar 2014, 10:59 am

Morning yourself, Sir.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:20 am

Maybe Tino was really Bob Crow.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:26 am

Nah, I could never hate Tino that much.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:29 am

Plus I think Crow could take a shot.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:29 am

Galted wrote:Maybe Tino was really Bob Crow.

Apparently his family have asked for privacy at this sad time, and 2 additional days off for Christmas this year.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:32 am

The trough of culture overfloweth...

I'll set up a new one but before I do can someone answer the following:

Is it always Round 6 on this particular planet?... or is it 6L or 6.7 now?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:34 am

LB do not dare set up a new one, seeing who gets the OP when the thread splits off organically is one of the few pleasures us culture vultures have left in life.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:35 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:Maybe Tino was really Bob Crow.

Apparently his family have asked for privacy at this sad time, and 2 additional days off for Christmas this year.

Haha yeh, that cracked me up.

"Please show a level of restraint and respect that we never showed when picketing people's private residences and hurling abuse at their innocent children."

laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:36 am

Linebreaker wrote:The trough of culture overfloweth...

I'll set up a new one but before I do can someone answer the following:

Is it always Round 6 on this particular planet?... or is it 6L or 6.7 now?

It is always Round 6 during Round 6, LB. You might want to kick off the new thread with this message...

F*ck You, Tino.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:36 am

Fine... I'll wait with fish-baited breath then. Haarh.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:42 am

Any thoughts on this missing aeroplane? I reckon it'll end up in a building somewhere in the US / Europe

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:44 am

Aliens?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:45 am

Linebreaker wrote:Aliens?

Possible.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 11 Mar 2014, 11:48 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:Aliens?

Possible.

They're just sitting back and watching our reaction. Next on the list are the Pyramids.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 11 Mar 2014, 12:06 pm

Think Toppy might have misconstrued a flying lunch

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 11 Mar 2014, 12:08 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Think Toppy might have misconstrued a flying lunch

I was busy planning Bob Crow's assassination......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 11 Mar 2014, 12:09 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Think Toppy might have misconstrued a flying lunch

I was busy planning Bob Crow's assassination......

Eating his lunch might do it.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 11 Mar 2014, 12:22 pm

Shah wrote:Eating his lunch might do it.

Think we are a bit beyond that now Shah, unless you fancy raiding the pigs in blankets at the wake

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 11 Mar 2014, 12:27 pm

"I'll set up a new one but before I do can someone answer the following:"

Had a little worry at this, after "AdamGate" last time it took at least 4 whole pages to calm down.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Mar 2014, 2:11 pm

Some Trevor Francis tracksuits from a mush in shepherd's bush.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 11 Mar 2014, 2:47 pm

I want to be the one who tips us into the thread split.

I spoilt the last one, I want to do uit again by stealing that glory too!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next