The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HC final - Saracens vs Toulon - Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell.....

+61
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Scottrf
funnyExiledScot
geoff998rugby
TJ
Rugby Fan
Rory_Gallagher
GavinDragon
Pal Joey
Jhamer25
Geordie
Heaf
VinceWLB
Engine#4
BlueMuff
Scoped
Pete330v2
George Carlin
mystiroakey
asoreleftshoulder
kingelderfield
Hood83
profitius
The Saint
BamBam
rodders
PenfroPete
munkian
stub
Artful_Dodger
HammerofThunor
No 7&1/2
GoodinTightSpaces
Biltong
Chunky Norwich
Portnoy's Complaint
Exiledinborders
Welly
No9
Sin é
Nachos Jones
lostinwales
LondonTiger
GunsGerms
Jimpy
yappysnap
Pot Hale
beshocked
GLove39
Notch
LeinsterFan4life
majesticimperialman
fa0019
doctor_grey
Cyril
nathan
quinsforever
ME-109
brennomac
whocares
Scrumpy
65 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Saracens vs Toulon - Who will win?

HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 4 Vote_lcap53%HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 4 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 16 ]
HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 4 Vote_lcap47%HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 4 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 30

HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 4 Empty HC final - Saracens vs Toulon - Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell.....

Post by Scrumpy Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:14 am

First topic message reminder :

Should be a cracker (England vs France) with two of the best teams in the NH playing each other in a celebration of rugby, can't wait to get there and soak up the atmosphere before, during and after the game, roll on 24th May.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 4 Empty Re: HC final - Saracens vs Toulon - Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell.....

Post by Scrumpy Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:22 am

I'm glad two real 'Clubs' have made the final.  Very Happy 

Club Rugby is the winner.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 4 Empty Re: HC final - Saracens vs Toulon - Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell.....

Post by beshocked Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:22 am

Gunsgerms you do come across as being quite bitter. Oh and an ignoramus.

Horrible route? You mean top try scorers in the HC by a significant margin? Breaking records like all time HC try scorer and highest winning margin in semi? Beating two of the favourites in the 1/4 and 1/2? Yes it's a horrible route.

Chelski? Saracens have much more English players and a very good academy. Some go the brightest English prospects in the U20s are Sarries guys. Oh and we signed up two more of the U20s proving that we believe in young talent.

Our brand of rugby has also gone from stodgy fest to a much more easier on the eye style.

Not all our players are superstars - we've also delved into the championship for players - two were in the 23 vs Clermont. Barrington and Streather.

Sure there's a lot of class in the team but we've not gone for crazy marquee players like Toulon.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:32 am

beshocked wrote:Gunsgerms you do come across as being quite bitter. Oh and an ignoramus.

Horrible route? You mean top try scorers in the HC by a significant margin? Breaking records like all time HC try scorer and highest winning margin in semi? Beating two of the favourites in the 1/4 and 1/2? Yes it's a horrible route.

Chelski? Saracens have much more English players and a very good academy. Some go the brightest English prospects in the U20s are Sarries guys. Oh and we signed up two more of the U20s proving that we believe in young talent.

Our brand of rugby has also gone from stodgy fest to a much more easier on the eye style.

Not all our players are superstars - we've also delved into the championship for players - two were in the 23 vs Clermont. Barrington and Streather.

Sure there's a lot of class in the team but we've not gone for crazy marquee players like Toulon.

I was referring to Toulon re Chelski but you are right Sarries arent far off too.

I wouldnt say any of the players at Sarries are superstars. Lots of mercenaries though. The Sarries squad is like the UN with 13 different nations represented and almost half of the squad from abroad. It is taking the pi$$.

Sarries were the benefactors of two really bizarre decisions from the refs in the quarters and semis. The red card and the penalty try. Sarries arent really a great side. Ashton has had a good year mind you and Farrell is decent but Ashton himself clearly follows the pound around England.

Sometimes the truth hurts no?

Last edited by GunsGerms on Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:33 am

Ale  a pint of bitter please.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:37 am

Guns, I do hope you are feeling at least better after venting so much frustration  thumbsup 

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:38 am

am I the only person who sees the similarity in posting style of GunsGerms and Beshocked? Twins separated at birth?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:40 am

Same Father maybe, but not twins.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:40 am

I do agree with the comments that this thread is veering off-topic. However I warned quins that hanging out bait for the Irish posters would only end in tears on Page 1. I was not wrong.

I recommend if people want to discuss whether or not Saracens are pantomime villains they stick to the Saracens thread and if they want to discuss the values of Toulon and Saracens they stick to the respective semi-final threads.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:41 am

LondonTiger wrote:am I the only person who sees the similarity in posting style of GunsGerms and Beshocked? Twins separated at birth?

No doubt. Opposites attract, but people cut from the same bolt of cloth rarely get along.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:42 am

Truth? More like the same rubbish you spout like when you thought Munster would lose to Toulouse.

Oh right so helping other countries around the world is taking the p$$.

You don't think having the Namibian captain helps Namibian rugby? He's practically a national hero. You don't think the USA professional players will help develop the USA team? It gives them a rallying point.

Even Scotland who are a developed rugby nation get help from having Brown and Taylor. Bosch's return from an injury ravaged tenure at Biarritz is good for Argentina.

They are not at Saracens just for money.

As for the South African guys we are hardly harming SA. It's not as if any are rated enough to be considered for them.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:43 am

whocares wrote:Guns, I do hope you are feeling at least better after venting so much frustration  thumbsup 

No, pretty down beat about the future of European rugby to be honest. It is going in completely the wrong direction.

Nothing to do with no Irish teams involved in the final. Leinster werent good enough. Munster and Ulster were and were both good enough to make the final this year.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:45 am

GunsGerms wrote: The Sarries squad is like the UN with 13 different nations represented and almost half of the squad from abroad. It is taking the pi$$.

30% of the Sarries HEC squad are not EQP. Many of the squad came through the academy, while 4 of englands JWC squad are at Saracens.

A long, long way from extracting the urine.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:46 am

GunsGerms wrote:Nothing to do with no Irish teams involved in the final. Leinster werent good enough. Munster and Ulster were and were both good enough to make the final this year.

Barely two weeks since you were telling us that Munster were an irrelevance nowadays and no rival to Leinster.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:54 am

LondonTiger wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:Nothing to do with no Irish teams involved in the final. Leinster werent good enough. Munster and Ulster were and were both good enough to make the final this year.

Barely two weeks since you were telling us that Munster were an irrelevance nowadays and no rival to Leinster.

I said that before the KO stages. They have improved a lot this year. They deserve credit and I was supporting them on Sunday.

The point I was making and it is true is they dont have a good record v Leinster in recent years. I believe rivals should be evenly matched. Leinster have won 6 of the last 8.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:56 am

LondonTiger wrote:
GunsGerms wrote: The Sarries squad is like the UN with 13 different nations represented and almost half of the squad from abroad. It is taking the pi$$.

30% of the Sarries HEC squad are not EQP.  Many of the squad came through the academy, while 4 of englands JWC squad are at Saracens.

20 out of the 44 squad members are from abroad.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:00 am

Aha we are back to where they were born?

I guess this means that Heaslip, Ruddock and Strauss count as overseas for Leinster?

Britain has always been a land of immigration and we are a mongrel nation. UKIP, the Daily Mail and BNP would like to stop this of course.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:02 am

GunsGerms wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

30% of the Sarries HEC squad are not EQP.  Many of the squad came through the academy, while 4 of englands JWC squad are at Saracens.

20 out of the 44 squad members are from abroad.

So what?

This is Pro club rugby not Provincial, Regional or International.  So what’s your point?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:13 am

LondonTiger wrote:Aha we are back to where they were born?

I guess this means that Heaslip, Ruddock and Strauss count as overseas for Leinster?

Britain has always been a land of immigration and we are a mongrel nation. UKIP, the Daily Mail and BNP would like to stop this of course.

Really dumb post Tiger.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:14 am

GunsGerms wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:Aha we are back to where they were born?

Really dumb post Tiger.

Yes, as dumb as yours in fact.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:16 am

Just to confirm this was a club game and not an international right?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:18 am

I'll ask again.

This is Pro club rugby not Provincial, Regional or International. So what’s your point?.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:21 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Just to confirm this was a club game and not an international right?

I think it might be an international all stars game.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:22 am

I'll ask again.

This is Pro club rugby not Provincial, Regional or International. So what’s your point?..
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:23 am

Scrumpy wrote:I'll ask again.

This is Pro club rugby not Provincial, Regional or International.  So what’s your point?.

Both teams are full of mercenaries attempting to buy success therefore I dont like them. This isnt good for European rugby at all. I think I have made it clear quite a few times. Are you being intentionally obtuse?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:24 am

GunsGerms wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:Just to confirm this was a club game and not an international right?

A club game excellent. So that's that then. it's not as if there's any league or team as far as I'm aware of that just picks the boys form the nearest town. Just get on with it.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:28 am

So you are saying Clubs, Regions and Provinces should only use players born near by?

Lol  Laugh 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:28 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

A club game excellent. So that's that then. it's not as if there's any league or team as far as I'm aware of that just picks the boys form the nearest town. Just get on with it.

Why not just import 44 players from the SH for every squad in England then?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:30 am

Laugh 

Like the Irish don't use overseas players Lol.....
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:30 am

GunsGerms wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Because it's an international, they wouldn't qualify to play.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:31 am

Scrumpy wrote:So you are saying Clubs, Regions and Provinces should only use players born near by?

Lol  Laugh 

There should be a cap on foreign players with the specific aim of sustaining development of local players.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:32 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Every club squad.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:33 am

GunsGerms wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Every club squad.

Wouldn't be able to afford them and there's no need as the quality of the young English guys coming through would mean it was unneccessary.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:34 am

Scrumpy wrote:Laugh 

You are not very bright are you? There is a big difference between the amounts of foreigners in Irish squads and the levels in Sarries and Toulon.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:36 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Wouldn't be able to afford them and there's no need as the quality of the young English guys coming through would mean it was unneccessary.

I agree for the likes of Toulon and Sarries the only thing stopping them is they dont yet have the money. Worringly this may change the more sucessful they become.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:37 am

GunsGerms wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:So you are saying Clubs, Regions and Provinces should only use players born near by?

Lol  Laugh 

There should be a cap on foreign players with the specific aim of sustaining development of local players.

Great, but if the local players aren't good enough then fans will disappear as the standard of games will drop off.

Once again this is Pro Club rugby not Regional or Provincial, there is plenty of local clubs to bring on the next generation as well as the clubs own academy’s but lets be honest not everyone can be a top class rugby player these days.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:39 am

GunsGerms wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

I agree for the likes of Toulon and Sarries the only thing stopping them is they dont yet have the money. Worringly this may change the more sucessful they become.
You missed the bit after 'and'. Don't worry though you may get to see some irish lads in the final should your prediction come to pass Whistle

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:41 am

GunsGerms wrote:

You are not very bright are you? There is a big difference between the amounts of foreigners in Irish squads and the levels in Sarries and Toulon.

Says the man that only wants local lads to play for their local elite rugby club, because every city and town have one of those.  Laugh 

What a Gonzo!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:41 am

Toulon are self sufficient. They break even.

The misconception of them is hilarious.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:41 am

Scrumpy wrote:I'm glad two real 'Clubs' have made the final.  Very Happy 

Club Rugby is the winner.

Absolutely. well said.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:43 am

Scrumpy wrote:
GunsGerms wrote:

Says the man that only wants local lads to play for their local elite rugby club, because every city and town have one of those.  Laugh 

What a Gonzo!

You obviously dont think English players are good enough?

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:44 am

GunsGerms wrote:

Well yes of course. The Irish have the 'right' amount and Saracens have the 'wrong' amount. Nothing arbitary in that at all.

If Sarries were buying success they went about it all wrong. You've already said they've got no super stars. Nope, they brought in some decent players who bought into the ethos the club was trying to create. Where they're from is a complete irrelevance. The RFU give financial incentives to the clubs to play English players. If they played none at all then the Championship guys will be playing for England. And they were all foriegn then it would Division 1 (or whatever it's called). Of course that's not happening, numbers of foreign players are dropping and there are more English players getting game time week in week out than Irish, Welsh or Scottish. From an international point of view there is no issue. Then it comes down to the club sides, in which case it's up to their fans what they do. saracens are very good at developing their own players and supplimenting them from outside.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:45 am

Lol  Laugh 
But not all of them can be the next Farrell or Ashton.

Talking of Ashton what a great performance from him at the weekend too.  Very Happy 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:06 am

If sarries win I am looking forwards to the delicious irony of Wray getting the last ever HC handed to him by the man he helped boot out of his comfy job as chair or ERC...au revoir JP Lux. Don't let the door hit u on the way out...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:09 am

Laugh
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:11 am

Qn for those who watched sarries v Clermont.

I was at the game and I really thought before Farrell's try, the pass to Ashton was forward. It happened right in line with my seat.

Did it look forward on the replays?

Did Owens only enquire about Farrell's knee and grounding, or did he ask is there any reason I can't award the try and the tmo just didn't rewind far enough to review the pass to Ashton?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:06 am

Notch wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:Why is this thread littered with Irish rugby conundrums?

They're not in the final. Can you talk about them elsewhere.

Go back to quinsforevers post on Page 1. He hung out the rancid bait, now its being taken.

Is that a moderator speaking?

Is this what the board has descended to?

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:13 am

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:
Notch wrote:

Go back to quinsforevers post on Page 1. He hung out the rancid bait, now its being taken.

What the board has descended two is nasty little bigots like Chunky Norwhich and his pals causing as much upset as possible. I don't throw such allegations around lightly, but some of the vitriol on here since the 6N is disgusting and certain posters are directing it at not just Irish rugby but Ireland rugby fans on a consistent basis. I'm out folks, might come back in a couple of months when some of these guys have finally been banned. Goodbye.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:25 am

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:
Notch wrote:

Look. I said at the time; if you're going to say that, you're going to get a reaction and this thread will be derailed. I would be very happy if they didn't as it would mean considerably less work for the mods.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:04 am

The (my) point, Notch, is that since the franglos have dominated even the ERC-led European tournaments, the amount of bile and back-biting emanating particularly from the provinces has become unacceptable.

I'm not sure that the moderation team is being overly even-handed with its use of the blue pencils available to them.

The deletion of a very few posts allied with a pm to the offender may be preferable to allowing a perfectly reasonable OP to be derailed by some noisome jerks.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:06 am

Well just bought my tickets for this. £65 each for a top tier end seat but really looking forward to it. Think Toulon will take it but don't mind too much as it should be a great occasion. Would be delighted if Sarries manage to turn it on and sneak a win. Looked to be odd seat available around the ground and plenty of availability on the top tier.

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next