The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HC final - Saracens vs Toulon - Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell.....

+61
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Scottrf
funnyExiledScot
geoff998rugby
TJ
Rugby Fan
Rory_Gallagher
GavinDragon
Pal Joey
Jhamer25
Geordie
Heaf
VinceWLB
Engine#4
BlueMuff
Scoped
Pete330v2
George Carlin
mystiroakey
asoreleftshoulder
kingelderfield
Hood83
profitius
The Saint
BamBam
rodders
PenfroPete
munkian
stub
Artful_Dodger
HammerofThunor
No 7&1/2
GoodinTightSpaces
Biltong
Chunky Norwich
Portnoy's Complaint
Exiledinborders
Welly
No9
Sin é
Nachos Jones
lostinwales
LondonTiger
GunsGerms
Jimpy
yappysnap
Pot Hale
beshocked
GLove39
Notch
LeinsterFan4life
majesticimperialman
fa0019
doctor_grey
Cyril
nathan
quinsforever
ME-109
brennomac
whocares
Scrumpy
65 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Saracens vs Toulon - Who will win?

HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 10 Vote_lcap53%HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 10 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 16 ]
HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 10 Vote_lcap47%HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 10 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 14 ]

Total Votes : 30

HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 10 Empty HC final - Saracens vs Toulon - Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell.....

Post by Scrumpy Sun 27 Apr 2014, 6:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Should be a cracker (England vs France) with two of the best teams in the NH playing each other in a celebration of rugby, can't wait to get there and soak up the atmosphere before, during and after the game, roll on 24th May.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 10 Empty Re: HC final - Saracens vs Toulon - Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell.....

Post by beshocked Thu 29 May 2014, 10:26 am

scottrf the 3 wins for Saints were all at home - 2 in the LV Cup. All against depleted Saracens sides.

1-1 if we are talking about AP games - the 41-20 was during the International window too.

The last game was the last time both teams were close to full strength.

I don't think the head to head means anything. Just pointing out that though Saints are a good side they are not Toulon. Still good enough to beat Saracens of course though.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

HC final - Saracens vs Toulon -  Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell..... - Page 10 Empty Re: HC final - Saracens vs Toulon - Cardiff - Wilko vs Farrell.....

Post by Scottrf Thu 29 May 2014, 10:42 am

All true, I don't think anyone is claiming Saints are Toulon though. I wouldn't say Saracens are more affected than Saints by the international window though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 29 May 2014, 10:55 am

In that game Saracens were.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/24625600

That Saints side is not much different from the one that will be in the final.

Saints would be in big trouble if you were down to your 3rd choice 10.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 29 May 2014, 10:59 am

It's not just the players that were out though, it's the effect on momentum and how well attuned they are to the clubs style. Saints struggled a lot after the players came back. Also, I'd argue there could be 7 from that team that might miss the final. I get your point though.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 29 May 2014, 11:03 am

Was that down to the international window? Hodgson was long retired by then wasn't he?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 29 May 2014, 11:11 am

Still absent from that match. My point is that match is largely irrelevant for Saturday.

Last season's playoff semi has more relevance to be honest.

Should be focussing on that instead.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 29 May 2014, 11:46 am

Ah. I think Saints will jsut about nick it on Saturday but expect it to be very close. Feel sorry for whoever gets short changed in having to tackle B Vunipola who'll probably want to make a statement or 2 though!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 29 May 2014, 12:02 pm

Its not Billy who needs to make the statement...he made the big carries last week...its his flankers and support players that need to up their game 1000%

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 29 May 2014, 12:40 pm

I picked Vunipola out as he was obviously gutted at the end of the Toulon game but point taken, there'll be a few wanting to put in performances.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Thu 29 May 2014, 1:41 pm

I'm pipping Sarries to win this one to be honest.

I think they'll really be up for it after the Heineken cup loss. The prospect of finishing this season with nothing to show for it when it promised so much, will be eating away at them this week in training, I'm sure.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10