The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
TopoftheChops
lorus59
hend085
Davie
dynamark
I'm never wrong
gaelgowfer
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
MustPuttBetter
JAS
MontysMerkin
raycastleunited
kwinigolfer
navyblueshorts
mystiroakey
westisbest
golfermartin
McLaren
pedro
super_realist
skyeman
incontinentia
GunsGerms
beninho
Diggers
Duty281
31 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Duty281 Fri 25 Apr 2014, 3:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:Instead of a protest vote, then its better to spoil your ballot.

Ukip are dangerous because some people actually believe what they say, and they target the middle classes in areas of law multi culturalism - ( if thats a word). And as gets shown every now and then, the Councillors they put up have been shown as a bit racist. But its easy for them to make grand statements, because realistically they will not get voted in and have to back up the statements they have made.  

Have no fear, the nutters are getting kicked out at regular intervals.

And some people may believe what they say for, a lot of the time, it's common sense.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 21 May 2014, 10:11 am

Very rich 25 year old sportsmen, should not be getting married unless they are in the bible camp. They need to enjoy the money and others that fame brings to them. If Tiger was not married then it would not have made a difference that he was sha&&ing around with everyone.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 21 May 2014, 10:13 am

Modern Family is very good, and i really enjoyed Parks and Recreation, which has been on BBC4 recently. Ron Swanson, is my current favourite sit com character.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 21 May 2014, 10:14 am

Yep, Parks and Recreation was great. The Americans have done some great sit coms over the years.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 May 2014, 10:16 am

beninho wrote:Very rich 25 year old sportsmen, should not be getting married unless they are in the bible camp. They need to enjoy the money and others that fame brings to them. If Tiger was not married then it would not have made a difference that he was sha&&ing around with everyone.

What's religion got to do with Marriage Ben? Marriage doesn't make you less likely to have an affair.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 21 May 2014, 10:17 am

Agree Brand & Whitehall are just not funny, neither can act either.

Have seen.

Ricky Gervais
Frank Skinner
Dara O'Briain
Michael Mcintyre
Kevin Bridges
Stephen K Amos.

All very funny, really enjoyable.

Except for Gervais, just did'nt find him funny at all.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 May 2014, 10:21 am

Yeah, I don't get Gervais, especially his stand up which is dire.

Jim Jeffries is good.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 21 May 2014, 10:30 am

I remember when Gervais did some spots on the 11 O Clock Show. He was hilarious, really, seriously off the scale non PC before it was really trendy to be like that.
Now sadly he's just a parody of himself.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 21 May 2014, 10:54 am

I think the wozzilroy split is official. Rory dumps her shortly after the wedding invitations are sent out. What a pr!ck! (Although better to dump her now than later)

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 21 May 2014, 11:09 am

Id take any split reports of who did what with a pinch of salt. Usually the details are worked out between the two press offices, may well be the other way round but they decide to announce it this way.
Stuff happens, its their private lives, leave them to it.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 21 May 2014, 11:27 am

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/golf/27501381

"Pube Head" is a telling name.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 21 May 2014, 11:34 am

Indeed..if you happen to believe the press release which 99 times out of a hundred aren't true. My wife worked in PR for 20 years, basically usually the best thing to do is read the press release and official statements and figure that exactly the opposite happened.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 21 May 2014, 11:44 am

"The problem is mine," McIlroy said. "The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realise that I wasn't ready for all that marriage entails."

FFS  Rolling Eyes 
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 21 May 2014, 12:25 pm

Diggers wrote:Indeed..if you happen to believe the press release which 99 times out of a hundred aren't true. My wife worked in PR for 20 years, basically usually the best thing to do is read the press release and official statements and figure that exactly the opposite happened.
Digs, your wife may not be who she is.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 21 May 2014, 12:28 pm

Well I do sometimes like to get her to pretend to be someone else..... Whistle 
Seriously though, don't believe everything you read in press releases about celebrities. More spin than a tumble dryer.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 21 May 2014, 1:46 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Very rich 25 year old sportsmen, should not be getting married unless they are in the bible camp. They need to enjoy the money and others that fame brings to them. If Tiger was not married then it would not have made a difference that he was sha&&ing around with everyone.

What's religion got to do with Marriage Ben? Marriage doesn't make you less likely to have an affair.

I guess it depends on your view of the sanctity of marriage as a holy institution. If you are deeply religious you might consider having an affair as unthinkable. Although that depends on the religion... plently allow a bit of hanky panky, but most seem to to have a common theme of monogamy

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 May 2014, 2:02 pm

raycastleunited wrote:
super_realist wrote:

I guess it depends on your view of the sanctity of marriage as a holy institution. If you are deeply religious you might consider having an affair as unthinkable. Although that depends on the religion... plently allow a bit of hanky panky, but most seem to to have a common theme of monogamy

First of all marriage is not a religious construct and divorce rate is higher amongst religious people than in Atheists anyway, so I'm not sure how it makes any difference to a young person to get married.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 21 May 2014, 2:06 pm

Where did you get that stat from Super, sounds a tad unlikely.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 21 May 2014, 2:30 pm

maybe religious people feel the need to divorce and find a new partner than cheat 'under oath' and remain in a soulless loveless marriage.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 May 2014, 2:32 pm

Diggers wrote:Where did you get that stat from Super, sounds a tad unlikely.

Why would that be unlikely DIggers? Religious people are some of the least moral people in the entire world. There's loads of articles all over the web about it. Probably because bible thumpers get married so early, in order that they can have sex and therefore don't really know or like one another.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 21 May 2014, 3:27 pm

Think you are spinning the data a tad. All I can find is that broadly speaking the rate is the same but slightly higher amongst conservative Christians.
No mention of other religions having high divorce rates. You little spin monkey.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 21 May 2014, 3:33 pm

Whose moral compass are you calibrating against super? Your own or theirs??

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 May 2014, 3:35 pm

Why would religion create people LESS likely to get divorced than anyone else? There is nothing more moral or martially binding about being religious.

Besides, the conservative Christian is PRECISELY the sort of Bible Thumper in question when we are talking about young sports stars around the golf world.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 May 2014, 3:35 pm

pedro wrote:Whose moral compass are you calibrating against super? Your own or theirs??
Well, I'm more moral than religious people for a start.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 21 May 2014, 3:38 pm

Moral is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 May 2014, 3:40 pm

pedro wrote:Moral is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Yes, and I suppose it is, but I'm not sure people could argue that worshipping a god who condones slavery, child sacrifice, gential mutilation, human sacrifice, genocide, incest, etc would be particularly moral would you?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Wed 21 May 2014, 4:16 pm

Right with you on this one sr. Shocked 

Those cultures which mix religion and politics make for a particularly toxic mix.

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Wed 21 May 2014, 4:28 pm

I get you sr, but for those people it's not immoral I guess.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 May 2014, 4:36 pm

pedro wrote:I get you sr, but for those people it's not immoral I guess.

Mmm, they might claim it's moral, but society doesn't deem those acts as moral acts, and it wouldn't hold up in court, and frequently doesn't.

Morality is temporal, spatial and a function of societal evolution, not a stone age book. Sorry, they can claim it's moral all day long, but it jdoesn't make it so. If their morals come from a stone age book and aren't innate then they aren't capable of making a moral judgement are they, so I don't really care whether they believe it moral or not, they haven't got a decent reason to think it's moral. We don't live in those days, the moral "teaching" relating to that time doesn;t count for anything in modern times.

Anyway, we're getting off track. Getting married doens't make you a better person, or less likely to have affairs etc etc.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Wed 21 May 2014, 4:51 pm

You cant say the act of getting married wont make you a better person or less likely to have an affair..well you can if you literally mean you. But the act may well make an individual happier and the vows less likely to stray.
Its down to the individual, you can't just group everyone together, the fact it might not work fort he majority does not mean it won't work for individuals.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 21 May 2014, 5:01 pm

I'm sure it might work for individuals, perhaps I should have added "it doesn't necessarily make you a better person or less likely to stray), someone made the statement that marriage for young sports stars should only be done if you're a bible thumper.
There's no evidence that young married bible thumpers are any more faithful than someone who is just a normal rational person.

How does signing a piece of paper make you a better person, or less likely to stray?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 22 May 2014, 12:19 am

For many people, signing that bit of paper makes you less likely to stray. For a start you might lose half your assets if you get caught.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 22 May 2014, 12:32 am

Like Billy Mayfair's testicular cancer?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 May 2014, 7:01 am

I am not throwing 30k down the drain to get married .

Marriage is a dated thing these days. If the father of the bride isn't going to pay for it and they is no stigma about raising bast@rd children any more then less and less will get married.

Its just not as big of a deal any more. But I might as well be married. I am just as committed. Just as I said. Not going to pay out a ridiculous sum of money to get married.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 22 May 2014, 7:54 am

raycastleunited wrote:For many people, signing that bit of paper makes you less likely to stray. For a start you might lose half your assets if you get caught.
Yet, the divorce rate is still massive. Not sure how much is due to adultery.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 22 May 2014, 8:17 am

My Wedding day was easily the best day of my life, and well worth the money spent on it, biggest outlay though was the honeymoon. But people grow apart and its easier to get divorced now. I would say more divorces are occurring when people are older, the kids have grown up, and they just have different plans, and want to try something new before they get to old. People that shag around are likely to do this whether married or not, if they have not got it out of their system at a young age that is!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 May 2014, 8:22 am

good for you Ben. You must have either had a cheap wedding or an insanely expensive honeymoon though!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 22 May 2014, 8:54 am

Noone says a wedding has to be expensive.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 May 2014, 8:56 am

If you going to do it. Then do it well. Sadly it costs money.

If you are just going to invite a few people what's the point?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 22 May 2014, 8:57 am

True, you dont have to go spending crazy amounts of money to get married.

Maybe if you want the 'big' wedding.

Not everybody does.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 22 May 2014, 9:06 am

Mine was about 12/13k. We had just over 100 guests all day, only a few more in the evening. Honeymoon was a Kenyan Safari which cost best part of 4k. So it does not have to be ridiculous. Though if you are a showy over the top person, then it can get quite expensive.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 May 2014, 9:09 am

12k seems like a fair price. But like any budget these things have a way of going overboard.

Yes if I hadn't been on holiday to various places with my gf in the last 3 years I would have 20 k extra but still.I would Rather go on a honeymoon a year Smile

And I will deffo go on a safari soon.

If she really was to to get married. I will go Vegas.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 22 May 2014, 9:13 am

Wouldn't object to being married, but I'm not sure I could tolerate the ceremony.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 May 2014, 9:17 am

You and Mac would make a great couple.

Pop the question.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 22 May 2014, 9:32 am

Rather invite a few close friends and family that are actually part of your life (and splash out), rather than inviting 100's of distant relatives, aunts and cousins and their strange spouses whom you haven't seen in 5 years and won't see in the next 5 years and who actually mean nothing to you..

super, you can define the "ceremony" as you like. You can go to Vegas or just be the two of you.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 22 May 2014, 9:34 am

mystiroakey wrote:You and Mac would make a great couple.
They'd be like the two old farts on the balcony in the Muppet Show. Just in tartan.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 22 May 2014, 9:34 am

Ours cost 22k but we were earning good money at the time..basically that's a teachers starting salary so Im glad we got it done.
I had a brilliant day, about 100 guests, was more like a big party, Kings Rd registry office so no church business involved.
Had friends and family cone from NZ and Australia.
I think the point is you need celebrations in life and a wedding is a great way of gathering people for what is deemed a special occasion.
One of the best days of my life that's for sure.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 May 2014, 9:43 am

Diggers wrote:Ours cost 22k but we were earning good money at the time..basically that's a  teachers starting salary so Im glad we got it done.
I had a brilliant day,  about 100 guests, was more like a big party, Kings Rd registry office so no church business involved.
Had friends and family cone from NZ and Australia.
I think the point is you need celebrations in life and a wedding is a great way of gathering people for what is deemed a special occasion.
One of the best days of my life that's for sure.

I think that's the way it should be,

My closest friends, cousins have all bar a few been married- the cost of all was significantly more than yours, but there were amazing weekends- some close to 100k though.

How do I live up to that when there is no way I would get a penny from my GF's parents and I wouldn't ever ask my Mum for money.

Anyway that's me being superficial.. A cheap less elaborate wedding would be fine for my gf- but then she has about 200 family members. She would love to get married. I just change the subject whenever it gets brought up. Her parents bring it up every time I see them. yet the other two sisters both have children yet are not married!! Just because the men involved are bus drivers and less expected of them seems to give them a free pass.

Sorry for my moan. LOL

Breaking NEWS.

Suarez Injured

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Thu 22 May 2014, 9:55 am

I should be sad a brilliant player might not be at the WC...but I'm not!

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 May 2014, 9:57 am

exactly Wink

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 22 May 2014, 10:00 am

England under 17's won the European cup. Salanki looks like a great talent- fingers crossed for them in the future- now is the time they need to get down and work hard and not let the media frenzy get to them

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next