The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
superflyweight
Pal Joey
kingraf
Galted
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
13 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fist

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by superflyweight Thu 12 Jun 2014, 10:40 am

seanmichaels wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Morning all - "playeding the flute solo" from home today.  

Fixed that for you.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 4 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 10:41 am

I am taking some sandwiches as well. Probably tuna and cucumber or pâté and cucumber. Some crisps. Some pork pies. Loads of stuff.

Is that half way, Jeff?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Jun 2014, 10:41 am

Am quiet envious to be honest Supefly, do love a good day at the cricket. Have not been for a while as Headingley does not tend to get many good tests any more and is something of a dump.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 10:47 am

I think I'd personally take an 8 pack of mid strength lager for the morning / afternoon and about 6 cans of G&T for the evening session. I know they have limits but where there's a will

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 10:48 am

seanmichaels wrote:I think I'd personally take an 8 pack of mid strength lager for the morning / afternoon and about 6 cans of G&T for the evening session. I know they have limits but where there's a will

I am going to buy beer in there. I would take your advice but I don't fancy shoving a 4 pack of Strongbow up my bum again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 12 Jun 2014, 10:52 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I think I'd personally take an 8 pack of mid strength lager for the morning / afternoon and about 6 cans of G&T for the evening session. I know they have limits but where there's a will

I am going to buy beer in there.  I would take your advice but I don't fancy shoving a 4 pack of Strongbow up my bum again.

That's disgusting. Strongbow's horrible.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 10:54 am

superflyweight wrote:

I am going to buy beer in there.  I would take your advice but I don't fancy shoving a 4 pack of Strongbow up my bum again.

That's disgusting.  Strongbow's horrible.  

Laugh 

I tried it with Magner's once. It was like a wizards sleeve after that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:02 am

strongbow is far nicer than this fancy Dan stuff like Magners and Bullmers. Aspall is a decent draught cider.

Pub next to our cricket ground has an ale coming in at 8.4%. Myself and the Aussie are going to smash it up during the beer festival.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:03 am

super wrote:Can only feel I'm missing out slightly though - day started off as a scorcher but has now become cloudy and windy. That means that there is a lot of under-dressed women in Edinburgh today with some nipple issues. .

Some prime flesh on display at work super, but counterbalanced with some sights that simply cannot be unseen.

I think you are getting a better end of the deal...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:08 am

Is anyone other than Tina doing anything exciting this weekend? Sean, lying in a pool of your own pee and vomit asleep, with the England game on the TV does not constitute excitement.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:09 am

Jeff wrote:Is anyone other than Tina doing anything exciting this weekend? Sean, lying in a pool of your own pee and vomit asleep, with the England game on the TV does not constitute excitement. .

I shall be attending the 'Download' festival this weekend, and I am looking forward to it immensely Jeff...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:15 am

Where is the Download festival, Rick?

What sort of music is it?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:17 am

It's at Donnington park Jeff

Music tends to be Rock/metal though Status quo and Aerosmith are on as well!

Good chilled festival, minimal chav, which is a bonus!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:20 am

Rowley wrote:Is anyone other than Tina doing anything exciting this weekend? Sean, lying in a pool of your own pee and vomit asleep, with the England game on the TV does not constitute excitement.

Playing up in London this weekend then back to my mates house for the football. Last time we had an all nighter at his I broke my ribs by repeatedly re-enacting Monte Barret's ring entrance with 2 stools and a snooker cue.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:21 am

Jeff?  Laugh 

He won't be pleased with that!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:21 am

I am going to a gig this weekend Rick, Paul Weller in Sherwood Forest, love an outdoor gig if the weather holds out. Camping nearby, there are a couple of pubs near the site, hopefully one of them will still be open and showing the match, should my sobriety hold out long enough.

Then if that was not enough a friend's band are playing a free festival nearby on the Sunday, get up, quick shower and change and then straight on to there, two fine days. Have got Monday off as well to recover.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:23 am

Quiz time (Download related). Name the song.

Da da-da-da
Da da-da-da
Da da-da-da
Da de-de de-de de-de de-dah

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:24 am

Jeff wrote:I am going to a gig this weekend Rick, Paul Weller in Sherwood Forest, love an outdoor gig if the weather holds out. Camping nearby, there are a couple of pubs near the site, hopefully one of them will still be open and showing the match, should my sobriety hold out long enough.

Then if that was not enough a friend's band are playing a free festival nearby on the Sunday, get up, quick shower and change and then straight on to there, two fine days. Have got Monday off as well to recover. .

Sounds like a goodie Jeff and looking like the weather is going to hold out as well, which is nice!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:24 am

Rowley wrote:I am going to a gig this weekend Rick, Paul Weller in Sherwood Forest, love an outdoor gig if the weather holds out. Camping nearby, there are a couple of pubs near the site, hopefully one of them will still be open and showing the match, should my sobriety hold out long enough.

Then if that was not enough a friend's band are playing a free festival nearby on the Sunday, get up, quick shower and change and then straight on to there, two fine days. Have got Monday off as well to recover.

I got Australia in the sweepstake at work.  No f*cking chance of them winning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:26 am

I got Spain Tina, don't think they will win it but susspect I'll get a run for my money, which is all you really hope for.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:30 am

seanmichaels wrote:Quiz time (Download related). Name the song.

Da da-da-da
Da da-da-da
Da da-da-da
Da de-de de-de de-de de-dah

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:32 am

Rowley wrote:I got Spain Tina, don't think they will win it but susspect I'll get a run for my money, which is all you really hope for.

That's all I wanted. At least the chance of winning past the group stages.

The only plus side is that I subbed one of my colleagues the money for his pick and drew him out Iran!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:36 am

cricket might be over by saturday. prepared a green top....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:47 am

seanmichaels wrote:cricket might be over by saturday. prepared a green top....

Yeah, I have stopped refreshing the BBC. 2 down already.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:51 am

seanmichaels wrote:cricket might be over by saturday. prepared a green top....

Yeah, I have stopped refreshing the BBC.  2 down already.

I hadn't even started looking at the BBC, let alone refreshing it. 2 down is not refreshing.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 12 Jun 2014, 12:47 pm

sean wrote:Da da-da-da
Da da-da-da
Da da-da-da
Da de-de de-de de-de de-dah.

what was this sean?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 12:53 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Da da-da-da
Da da-da-da

what was this sean?

Quiz. You have to guess the song!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 12:57 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
Da da-da-da
Da da-da-da

what was this sean?

Such an overwhelming response to it as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 12:59 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:
Da da-da-da
Da da-da-da

what was this sean?

Such an overwhelming response to it as well.

bog off windows.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:01 pm

A clue. They have headlined download more than once.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:02 pm

seanmichaels wrote:A clue. They have headlined download more than once.

Bucks Fizz?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Buck's Fizz?

F off Jules. If no one can take this seriously......

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:12 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Buck's Fizz?

F off Jules. If no one can take this seriously......

Tell you what - if you hum it, I'll play it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:12 pm

Say your prayers little one
Don't forget, my son
To include everyone

Tuck you in, warm within
Keep you free from sin
Till the sandman he comes

Sleep with one eye open
Gripping your pillow tight

Exit light
Enter night
Take my hand
Off to never never land

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:18 pm

It is a bit like Bucks Fizz

Stars in your eyes, little one
Where do you go to dream
To a place, we all know
The land of make believe

Last edited by JuliusHMarx on Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:19 pm

Right, I'm off.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:39 pm

Back again.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:40 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:If we f*ck him around long enough, he will stop going on about this stupid quiz.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Jun 2014, 1:49 pm

So is it Bucks Fizz or not?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:01 pm

It is Enter Sandman by Metallica

Da da-da-da
Da da-da-da
Da da-da-da

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:04 pm

Enter Sandman by Metallica?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:11 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Enter Sandman by Metallica?

Correct.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:12 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Correct.

Awesome. What do I win?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:15 pm

I am guessing you have marginally less familiarity with that song than I do.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:21 pm

Rowley wrote:

I am guessing you have marginally less familiarity with that song than I do.

I have heard of METALLICA, but that is all I am willing to say on the matter.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:23 pm

I'd rather not enter Sandman.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:24 pm

Biting your pillow tight! Exit light, enter light! Take my hand, we're off to never neverland.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:34 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Biting your pillow tight!

Another schooldays flashback Sean?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:38 pm

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Biting your pillow tight!

Another schooldays flashback Sean?

Sean wasn't bummed at private school. How many times are we going to go through this. It doesn't happen at private school.

He is a red blooded heterosexual man with a trail of women left behind him. He drinks, he smokes, he plays sports, he talks about his sexual conquests only marginally less often than Coxy. He definitely doesn't drop anchor in poo bay.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 12 Jun 2014, 2:40 pm

As an aside, at school we named a small wood / spinney after the Paul Weller song 'Wild Wood'. We used to sneak out the back gates cross the road then run across a farmers field to the wood. Good cover for smoking and a carpet of blue bells. Marvellous times.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next