The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+9
superflyweight
Pal Joey
kingraf
Galted
Rowley
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
13 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 14 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Fist

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 14 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Tue 24 Jun 2014, 2:21 pm

I may just do that. He only ever posts whilst on the Cote D'Azur

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 14 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Jun 2014, 2:25 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I may just do that. He only ever posts whilst on the Cote D'Azur

What was the other chap you posted under? After Razzaq. He didn't last long.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 24 Jun 2014, 2:28 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I may just do that. He only ever posts whilst on the Cote D'Azur

What was the other chap you posted under?  After Razzaq.  He didn't last long.

There was Dr Iron Johnson & Jeff Boycott I believe

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Jun 2014, 2:32 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

What was the other chap you posted under?  After Razzaq.  He didn't last long.

There was Dr Iron Johnson

That's the one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 24 Jun 2014, 2:33 pm

I liked that one.

England look done now Root has gone.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 24 Jun 2014, 11:13 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Nothing is so good it lasts eternally,
Perfect situations must go wrong,
But this has never yet prevented Jules,
Wanting far too much,
For far too long,

Looking back I could have played it differently,
With a few less racist jokes who can tell,
But it took time to understand Galted,
Now at least I know,
I know him well,

Wasn't it good,
Oh so good,
Wasn't he fine,
Oh so fine,
Isn't madness he won't resign?
But in the end he needs a little bit more than me,
More, IT security,
He needs Wrap-it-up and Wolfskin,
I know him so well,

No one in your life is with you constantly,
No one is completely on your side,
And though Tino would move his world to be with him,
Still the gap between them is too wide,

Looking back Jeff could have played it differently,
Been a bit less grumpy who can tell,
But it took time to understand Galted,
Now at least he knows,
He knows him well,

Wasn't it good,
Oh so good,
Wasn't he fine,
Oh so fine,
More, IT security,
He needs fantasy and Wolfskin,
I know him so well,

Wasn't it good,
Oh so good,
Wasn't he fine,
Oh so fine,
More, IT security,
He needs fantasy and Wolfskin,
I know him so well,

Terrific work, michaels, terrific. I literally ROTFLOL on the floor out loud.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 24 Jun 2014, 11:18 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:
I'm in Germany you pack of bastards.  

Such a shame Tina, I am in that London tomorrow, we could have met up for lunch.

Galted is in Corfu.

Interesting. Galted said he was going on holiday, but didn't say where. Tino knows though, the stalkerish little w*nker.

He did.  He said something about pretending to be dead celebrities in Corfu.

Apology accepted, Jules.

I did let on that I was going to Corfu.  Then I went to Corfu.  Now I'm back from Corfu.

Corfu was the holiday that had everything...
I did a poo at Corfu airport
I went swimming
I had ice-cream five teams (2 x white Magnums, 3 x cones with variations of the following flavours: pistachio, vanilla, banana, strawberry)
I saw a dead cat
I travelled by boat not once, not twice, but THRICE!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 24 Jun 2014, 11:20 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:It's not working.

I started to get an erection but then a vision of Galted in Wolfskin and Hi-Tec's popped into my head and I can't get it up again.

F*ck you, Tino. F*ck you and your stupid arthropod fixation.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:16 am

I'm still up if anyone wants to hear about my holiday.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:22 am

You need to hurry though, I'm going to bed in a bit.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:29 am

Anyone?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:38 am

C*nts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:42 am

Is it safe yet? Has Galted gone to bed?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 25 Jun 2014, 7:18 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:
I'm in Germany you pack of bastards.  

Such a shame Tina, I am in that London tomorrow, we could have met up for lunch.

Galted is in Corfu.

Interesting. Galted said he was going on holiday, but didn't say where. Tino knows though, the stalkerish little w*nker.

He did.  He said something about pretending to be dead celebrities in Corfu.

Apology accepted, Jules.

I did let on that I was going to Corfu.  Then I went to Corfu.  Now I'm back from Corfu.

Corfu was the holiday that had everything...
I did a poo at Corfu airport
I went swimming
I had ice-cream five teams (2 x white Magnums, 3 x cones with variations of the following flavours: pistachio, vanilla, banana, strawberry)
I saw a dead cat
I travelled by boat not once, not twice, but THRICE!

Gibberish.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:19 am

Morning Superfly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:24 am

Galted wrote:I'm still up if anyone wants to hear about my holiday.

I'm up, Galted. I'm all ears to hear about your holiday.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:34 am

Morning Tino / Super

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:36 am

Morning Seany.

Cider and wine last night?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:40 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Morning Seany.

Cider and wine last night?

Almost. 2 x T.E.A.'s , 1 x Doombar and 4 cans of Tesco dry cider. Feel fantastic this morning.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:50 am

Morning all, I include Superfly in that, and Tina, I am all about the inclusivity. Listened to Jazz on the way to work, does seem to have a positive effect on my mood.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:55 am

Might go on the football board today, nothing funnier than watching Liverpool fans trying to justify the unjustifiable.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:56 am

Morning Jeff.

I myself am going to try to be nice to all (apart from Superfly but our relationship is beyond repair now) as the sun is shining, I am working from home and England's World Cup misery is over and now I can safely walk the streets without the despair of seeing fully grown men in football shirts.

What sort of jazz (and does it really need a capital J) do you mean?  Is it the plinky plonky type from the old days or more contemporary stuff?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:00 am

Older stuff Tina, nothing too experimental as I am not ready for that. Today it was the Oscar Petersen Trio. Jazz always needs a a capital J, is as essential as saying it in a John Thompson from the Fast Show manner.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:01 am

Morning all, interesting times today, with potential tales of Corfu, Jazz, and Canibalism (attempted)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:05 am

Rowley wrote:Might go on the football board today, nothing funnier than watching Liverpool fans trying to justify the unjustifiable.

"It was a sound bite" (in a scouse accent)

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:10 am

Rowley wrote:Older stuff Tina, nothing too experimental as I am not ready for that. Today it was the Oscar Petersen Trio. Jazz always needs a a capital J, is as essential as saying it in a John Thompson from the Fast Show manner.

Just be careful, that's all I'm saying. I would hate to see a Dave and SLAYER situation occurring. You're better than that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:16 am

Cheers Tina, the concern is touching. To be honest think it is just a phase. Have listened to some of the more out there stuff and it is barely listenable so hopefully will never go that far. Also the fact that it p*sses TSMR off will lose its novelty eventually.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:17 am

Rowley wrote:Cheers Tina, the concern is touching. To be honest think it is just a phase. Have listened to some of the more out there stuff and it is barely listenable so hopefully will never go that far. Also the fact that it p*sses TSMR off will lose its novelty eventually.

I guess you have to be In The Mood.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:20 am

There are not many could make a Jazz based pun on here Jules, different class.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:22 am

Need my eyes checked. Keep seeing "jizz on a bun".

It's been another long day down here!

Oh - and good moaning by the way.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:25 am

Rowley wrote:There are not many could make a Jazz based pun on here Jules, different class.

Thanks Jeff, it was just another one in A String of Pearls.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:27 am

Linebreaker wrote:Keep seeing "jizz on a bun".

Otherwise known as 'lunchtime' at Seans old school.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:27 am

Jules wrote:A String of Pearls

More a Jizz based pun.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:30 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:There are not many could make a Jazz based pun on here Jules, different class.

Thanks Jeff, it was just another one in A String of Pearls.

You do realise your puns are the perfect antidote for the Ragtime Blues don't you, Marxy?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:50 am

Glad you like them LB. I'd hate to see Alexander's Ragtime banned.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:50 am

Can we ease up on the Jazz based puns, they are making me Kind of Blue.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 9:59 am

I'll stick to tennis ones. A 15-0 Supreme, for example.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 Jun 2014, 10:05 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'll stick to tennis ones. A 15-0 Supreme, for example.

You're on fire today Julius. Sanity and glimpses of the man you once were breaking through the dementia?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 25 Jun 2014, 10:20 am

I don't think Jazz based puns can trumpet the fish based puns of the other day.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 25 Jun 2014, 10:26 am

Be hard to drum up support sean

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 10:39 am

And in any case, I've cornet the market in jazz puns.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 25 Jun 2014, 10:42 am

True story, I got grade 1 in the Cornet. I played 'The Last Post' and 'Oh God our help in ages past' on the school roof during the Remembrance Sunday gig (service).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 25 Jun 2014, 10:44 am

Now i am picturing you with Brian May hair sean...

Jules wrote:I've cornet the market in jazz puns

Sorry Jules, just give us a cymbal and we will stop.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 25 Jun 2014, 11:16 am

Tino likes Jazz. He's always been a massive fan of pianist.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:17 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Tino likes Jazz. He's always been a massive fan of pianist.

Tumbleweed 

Another one bites the dust.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:36 pm

Rowley wrote:

Tumbleweed 

That was good. Even a brusque git like you should have had a chortle.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:39 pm

Rowley wrote:

Tumbleweed 

Unlike you to use emoticons, Jeffrey.

So far, working from home, I have mowed the front lawn and taken a lovely walk in the sun to the village shop.  I went for milk and some batteries, but also returned with a multi-pack of Twix, a can of Coke-Zero, a rather amusing birthday card, despite having no impending birthdays to celebrate, some Pom Bear crisps and a small piece of Victoria sponge that was homemade this morning.  I am going to eat the cake in approximately 22 minutes.

Rock and f*cking roll.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:42 pm

Any chance you can send me one of the Twix Tina? Have not had one in ages. Like to keep people on their toes re. my use of smiley things. Does not do to be too predictable.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:47 pm

Rowley wrote:Any chance you can send me one of the Twix Tina?

I'd be more than happy to send you a Twix, Jeff.

PM me your exact address and I will post it this afternoon.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Jun 2014, 1:05 pm

Alternatively Jeff, check your local shop. I believe they are sold under same name - Twix - throughout the country.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next