The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+29
I'm never wrong
Plunky
barragan
skiddy
gaelgowfer
raycastleunited
BlueCoverman
kwinigolfer
super_realist
McLaren
incontinentia
1GrumpyGolfer
golfermartin
JAS
lorus59
Nay
SmithersJones
westisbest
GunsGerms
pedro
MustPuttBetter
Davie
Mad for Chelsea
ralphjohn69
Bob_the_Job
navyblueshorts
beninho
Roller_Coaster
Shotrock
33 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 17 Nov 2014, 10:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Sr,
1).Correct. Wonderful is right. Though in the American order of things behind the NFL, College Football, High School Football, NBA, College B'ball.
2).Not much of a market: 21,000 per home game.
3).But no other nations pay their players a fraction of this sort of bounty. He'll probably end up using PED's, just like his predecessor as highest paid.
Ridiculous money!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 18 Dec 2014, 6:42 pm

As it still should be Mac, be a much better course, then of course Doak wouldn't look such a dick by claiming the course is genius playing the way it was actually designed instead how it is now.

What do you think of Sony backing down to North Korea, what a bunch of pussies.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 18 Dec 2014, 7:23 pm

I wonder whether they backed down due to the spectre of more salacious or politically incorrect emails being released? Definitely appears to be an overreaction unless there are extraordinarily damaging skeletons in Sony's closet.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 18 Dec 2014, 8:27 pm

super_realist wrote:...What do you think of Sony backing down to North Korea, what a bunch of pussies.
I don't think the DPRK did this....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Thu 18 Dec 2014, 9:08 pm

Good fun, could've been me:
http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/most-memorable-duffs-fluffs-mis-hits-and-bad-shots-in-2014/?pga_cid=newsletter

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 19 Dec 2014, 9:42 am

pedro wrote:Good fun, could've been me:
http://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/most-memorable-duffs-fluffs-mis-hits-and-bad-shots-in-2014/?pga_cid=newsletter
Laugh Some good stuff there.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 21 Dec 2014, 9:16 am

Stunning

Sexy Beach Shot:
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sun 21 Dec 2014, 10:00 am

You're so gay Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:56 am

No sign of the broomstick.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:57 pm

super_realist wrote:You're so gay Mac.

Actually I just pretended to be attracted to a man, to expose the homophobic tendencies of the british white male and confirming my superiority as part of the politically correct liberal intelligentsia. Although really I am just a normal liberal using your idea of what the left are and assuming that persona - the politically correct liberal intellectual - to expose both your homophobia and irrational fear of those on the left.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 22 Dec 2014, 8:49 am

It wasn't homophobic to comment on the degree of your latent homosexuality.

I hope your "girlfriend" knows about your duplicity.

I also doubt this is a "ruse" as you've admitted previously you'd fellate Woods if his chipolata was presented.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:16 am

Nothing wrong with being gay, or even bisexual, though i do think that is just being greedy. If you are trying to expose homophobia, it isnt really working. Anyway, is homophobia a big problem in todays society? It seems to me that so many people have no problems with people being gay in todays society. Of course some people are ignorant, but i very rarely see it.

So Mclaren, just admit it, you're Here, you're Queer, you'll take Scott for a beer.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 22 Dec 2014, 11:06 am

McIlroy has won the RTÉ Sport Person of the Year 2014 (Irish equivalent of BBC SPOTY).
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 22 Dec 2014, 11:13 am

incontinentia wrote:McIlroy has won the RTÉ Sport Person of the Year 2014 (Irish equivalent of BBC SPOTY).

Let's be fair Inco, he can't have had much competition? Held in a bus shelter?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 22 Dec 2014, 11:27 am

Niamh Briggs, Seamus Coleman, Briege Corkery, Mark English, Carl Frampton, Michael McKillop, James O’Donoghue, Jonathan Sexton, Jason Smyth, Richie Hogan and Katie Taylor were the 25-year-old's competitors for the title. (taken from mail online)

Thats the cream of irish sports right there. A right back at a mid table prem team, I think Sexton plays the egg shaped ball game? Is Frampton a boxer, I think that is about it for my knowledge.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 22 Dec 2014, 11:41 am

You can't nominate someone simply because they're Irish and do sport for a living.
Surely they have to have actually done something noteable in a year to be worthy of nomination?

As for McIlroy, a cod-irishman at best, he's surely in a nomination pool of one, so what's the point?

They used to do Sports Personality in Scotland, but they canned it, presumably because the award was preposterous in many of the years it was held.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 22 Dec 2014, 11:45 am

Whatever, at least the most deserving person won. It was a lean year for sport stars here, and also in the U.K. if the BBC spoty nominations are anything to go by.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 22 Dec 2014, 11:52 am

It really was, especially in comparison to 2012 and 2013.

You wonder why they make such a contrived list. They could have cut it down to 5 in SPOTY quite easily, but now they need their token female and paralympic content in there. even if what they "achieved" wasn't actually that great.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 22 Dec 2014, 1:23 pm

Surprised Lowry was nominated for pie eating.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 22 Dec 2014, 1:46 pm

Can someone explain to me this north korea sony hack thing. Even if they did hack sony why has the interview been pulled? Are we to assume N.Korea now has very sensitive info about sony which it is using to blackmail the firm?

I just don't get why being hacked would stop you showing the movie, even if the movie is a mockery of those who hacked you?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 22 Dec 2014, 2:25 pm

Sony might just be milking the publicity cow until enough people have heard about the film. They'll probably release it a bit further down the line.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 22 Dec 2014, 2:58 pm

They pulled the movie because the theatre companies, supposedly started getting threats, some stating that a 9/11 style incident would occur with their movie theatres. Its all because of the movie theatres. I heard somewhere state that they did not believe that North Korea were behind the hack. Though who would hack a big Japanese firm...

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 22 Dec 2014, 3:41 pm

So North Korea were going to hijack some 767's and fly them into the Odeon? Ha ha. Not very likely.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Mon 22 Dec 2014, 3:51 pm

Sounds pretty grim in Glasgow, a bin lorry has crashed into a group of pedestrians.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 22 Dec 2014, 5:35 pm

Sounds awful, Mac.
Only thing that could make it worse would be a tweet from Elkington . . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 22 Dec 2014, 6:05 pm

McLaren wrote:Sounds pretty grim in Glasgow, a bin lorry has crashed into a group of pedestrians.

It is awful, especially after the helicopter thing last year.

However, as this is the anything goes thread - did you mean to put a comma in there, or the words 'and now'? Run
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 22 Dec 2014, 6:18 pm

Very good Smithers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 22 Dec 2014, 8:08 pm

I would have given it to Sexton.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:13 pm

westisbest wrote:I would have given it to Sexton.

For what? Being an Irish sportsperson you can name? Leprechaun

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:15 pm

super_realist wrote:
westisbest wrote:I would have given it to Sexton.

For what? Being an Irish sportsperson you can name? Leprechaun

Dear me.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:38 pm

That Jack Whitehall just isn't funny at all.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:47 pm

westisbest wrote:That Jack Whitehall just isn't funny at all.

Yeah, he's in the Russell Kane/Russell Brand envelope of rubbishness.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 23 Dec 2014, 10:25 am

super_realist wrote:
westisbest wrote:That Jack Whitehall just isn't funny at all.

Yeah, he's in the Russell Kane/Russell Brand envelope of rubbishness.

Christ, Whitehall's been promoted?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 23 Dec 2014, 1:20 pm

I like Jack Whitehall, and Russell Brand.
But comedy is all subjective.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 23 Dec 2014, 1:47 pm

Perhaps an age thing Ben, very much "comedians" for the under 25's.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 23 Dec 2014, 2:24 pm

Russell Brand, another guy I have no time for.

Saw a video the other day, where think he was at a protest(seems to be everywhere these days).

Somebody pushed him into a water fountain.
Thought that was quite funny.

He then began to give chase, not sure if he caught the bloke.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 23 Dec 2014, 2:50 pm

westisbest wrote:Russell Brand, another guy I have no time for.

Saw a video the other day, where think he was at a protest(seems to be everywhere these days).

He reminds me of Mac in many ways, constantly trying to deride the establishment, perpetually trying to be right on and left wing, always having a go at the Tories, just because they're Tories and seeing himself as more "moral" than anyone else.

Would love to see Brand pushed in a fountain actually, or perhaps over a waterfall.

Think Mac might look less like a tramp than Brand though as Mac at least claims to have a job.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 24 Dec 2014, 1:00 am

Except Russell Brand has slept with a lot of women, some of them very attractive, and loads of women find him very attractive. Whereas Mac...

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by lorus59 Wed 24 Dec 2014, 2:48 pm

An interesting piece about back-up goalkeepers. How to earn a good living with little pressure.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30536497

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Wed 24 Dec 2014, 4:31 pm

Merry Christmas to all 606ers. Bubbly Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 3602195817
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 26 Dec 2014, 12:35 pm

westisbest wrote:Russell Brand, another guy I have no time for.

Laugh Couldn't have happened to a bigger bell-end. As was pointed out the other day, he'd never stand as a politician - all he's good for is mouthing off rubbish that's not even remotely funny. Drug-abusing, un-funny, publically-insulting, non-apologetic moron.

Merry Christmas btw!
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 26 Dec 2014, 4:36 pm

You to navy.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 29 Dec 2014, 10:21 am

navyblueshorts wrote:
Laugh Couldn't have happened to a bigger bell-end. As was pointed out the other day, he'd never stand as a politician - all he's good for is mouthing off rubbish that's not even remotely funny. Drug-abusing, un-funny, publically-insulting, non-apologetic moron.

Merry Christmas btw!

You don't really need to be a politician to have political opinions. He is an entertainer and most people find him quite entertaining. I do quite like how he challenges norms that people have come to accept like the idea of nations and how he considers it to be a pointless concept. Even if his ideas are off the wall they make you think and I like that.

I also thought the video of him being pushed into the fountain was funny as he is a bit up his own hole and it is good for everyone to be brought back down to earth even if it was a bit of a lousy thing to do.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 29 Dec 2014, 10:32 am

GunsGerms wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

Merry Christmas btw!

You don't really need to be a politician to have political opinions. He is an entertainer and most people find him quite entertaining. I do quite like how he challenges norms that people have come to accept like the idea of nations and how he considers it to be a pointless concept. Even if his ideas are off the wall they make you think and I like that.

I also thought the video of him being pushed into the fountain was funny as he is a bit up his own hole and it is good for everyone to be brought back down to earth even if it was a bit of a lousy thing to do.

I think that "most" is a bit of a stretch, I don't know anyone who doesn't think he's a complete unfunny, self obsessed, bell end.

Maybe he's "entertaining" if you listen to Radio 1 and watch E4, as that's about his target demographic. He'd be entertaining if someone pushed him off a cliff though, especially if he could take Bono and Lorraine Kelly with him, I'd give him that.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Mon 29 Dec 2014, 10:44 am

You don't have to be likable to be entertaining. Are you confusing the two?

The thing about Brand is whether they like him or not people tune in to listen to what he has to say because he is entertaining, be it a guilty pleasure or just to get riled up at his nonsense.

Mrs Browns boy's was the second most watched programme in the UK over Christmas. It seems the mass public in the UK enjoy unfunny rubbish. I would have thought it would appeal to the lowest common denominator only.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Mon 29 Dec 2014, 10:52 am

IMO David Letterman is the most unfunny man in showbiz though. Never understood what people saw in him and how he made it there. Should've thought he would've sh@gged his execs and not his assistants to get this far.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 29 Dec 2014, 11:02 am

GunsGerms wrote:You don't have to be likable to be entertaining. Are you confusing the two?

The thing about Brand is whether they like him or not people tune in to listen to what he has to say because he is entertaining, be it a guilty pleasure or just to get riled up at his nonsense.

Mrs Browns boy's was the second most watched programme in the UK over Christmas. It seems the mass public in the UK enjoy unfunny rubbish. I would have thought it would appeal to the lowest common denominator only.

In my opinion, he's neither likeable nor is he entertaining, he's just another anti establishment spoilt media brat who thinks his opinions matter. As bad as Sean Penn, Bono, George Clooney for attempting to use their notoriety to raise interest in a cause, whilst at the same time being a complete hypocrite. Cannot stand celebrity "politicians"

Do people tune in to see Brand? I turn over if that knobend comes onto the tv.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 29 Dec 2014, 3:55 pm

But by brand raising awareness of the situation at the housing estate in East London, the company decided against buying the properties and a charitable company brought it out instead, promising not to increase rents or carry out the threatened eviction. Good on him for his involvement. Celebrities should use their positions for the good of people a lot more often if you ask me.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 29 Dec 2014, 4:00 pm

GunsGerms wrote:You don't really need to be a politician to have political opinions. He is an entertainer and most people find him quite entertaining. I do quite like how he challenges norms that people have come to accept like the idea of nations and how he considers it to be a pointless concept. Even if his ideas are off the wall they make you think and I like that.

Of course not but you can't expect people to pay any attention to them. Brand's appearance on the BBC, in particular, as if he's some sort of modern day fount of wisdom is laughable. I wish he'd just stfu and work behind the scenes if he's so concerned about things. Or, alternatively as was suggested, actually stand for some political office somewhere. He can't do that though can he? Far too much like work.
I accept that someone, somewhere, must actually like him but for me he's about as funny as a fart and about as wanted.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 29 Dec 2014, 4:10 pm

Indeed, he's so laughably out of his depth on anything remotely aimed at an adult audience, that you can't possibly take the guy seriously.

If you want to raise awareness about things, then there's far more refined ways about going about it than the way he does it. For example, Mark Thomas(who I don't always agree with) a much more sophisticated comedian who actually raises good points but puts them across in a much more appropriate way (and without that horrible whining voice)

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Mon 29 Dec 2014, 4:28 pm

People can have opinions on politics and other issues without wanting to stand as a politician. Brand comes from a basic East end background and has done well for himself. I find him funny, I'm 34 years old and don't listen to radio 1 or watch e4. His live shows are good. I like some of his political statements and opinions. I like that he says things and some people don't like them. He wrote a great article in the guardian when maggie thatcher died. Though who didn't celebrate that one!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next