The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

+37
doctornickolas
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
Blueschief
LordDowlais
TBJ9625
munkian
Don Blues
Stone Motif
PhilBB
Fanster
Chunky Norwich
PenfroPete
Welshmushroom
dragon4life
tatterd
XR
Jhamer25
formerly known as Sam
Welly
RDW
Notch
VinceWLB
Comfort
SecretFly
George Carlin
Liam
wayne
Luckless Pedestrian
glamorganalun
Steffan
rumpelstiltskindoh
ScarletSpiderman
LondonTiger
The Saint
Hound of Harrow
wales606
41 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 6 Empty Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by wales606 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 5:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Prop
Gethin Jenkins, Taufa'ao Filise, Craig Mitchell, Sam Hobbs, Scott Andrews, Thomas Davies, Dillon Lewis

Hooker
Matthew Rees, Kristian Dacey, Rhys Williams, Ethan Lewis

2nd Row
Jarrad Hoeata, James Down, Lou Reed, Chris Dicomidis, Miles Normandale

Flanker
Sam Warburton, Josh Turnbull, Macauley Cook, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi, Jevon Groves, Ben Roach

Eight
Manoa Vosawai

Scrum half
Tavis Knoyle, Lloyd Williams, Lewis Jones, Tomos Williams

Fly half
Rhys Patchell, Gareth Anscombe, Gareth Davies, Jarrod Evans, Will Thomas

Centre
Cory Allen, Gavin Evans, Richard Smith, Tom Pascoe, Adam Thomas, Garyn Smith, Ray Lee-Lo

Wing
Alex Cuthbert, Harry Davies, Owen Jenkins, Chris Knight, Tom Williams, Tom James

Full back
Blaine Scully, Dan Fish, Geraint Walsh, Aled Summerhill

Last edited by wales606 on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 10:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Mar 2015, 7:49 pm

Steffan wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:8k at ponty home games...really? ?
Well more like 9K...but I am playing it down a bit

OLE Smile

Just imagine the numbers through the Blues gate if you all supported your region too. Do the right thing Stef.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 6 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 7:57 pm

The Saint wrote:
Steffan wrote:

OLE Smile

Just imagine the numbers through the Blues gate if you all supported your region too. Do the right thing Stef.
Yeah because our "region" have done so much for us haven't they

Oh how I loved the day they dropped CARDIFF from the title or the day they decided to change the name to CARDIFF & VALLEYS BLUES to embrace the wider community

And who can forget all those games they brought to Sardis Road

Doing the right thing needs to work both ways

You wouldn't support the British & Irish Lions if they changed the name to the England Roses and Cardiff supporters would not go to watch if the "region" got bought out by someone who changed the name to PONTYPRIDD BLACK & WHITES and all games were at Sardis Road

You know it, I know it, everyone knows it and your pathetic WUM to suggest otherwise doesn't work here Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:00 pm

Guys like Humberstone, Dicomidis and McIntosh are doing well for themselves, and their region.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:02 pm

The Saint wrote:Guys like Humberstone, Dicomidis and McIntosh are doing well for themselves, and their region.
Yes and good for them. But once they become Cardiff Blues players/coaches that means nothing for Ponty supporters does it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:09 pm

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 6 1347041234

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:10 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 6 1347041234
I wouldn't get too comfortable Dave as this clown seems to have run out of new ideas to wind me up already Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:17 pm

Steffan wrote:
The Saint wrote:Guys like Humberstone, Dicomidis and McIntosh are doing well for themselves, and their region.
Yes and good for them. But once they become Cardiff Blues players/coaches that means nothing for Ponty supporters does it

Here you go;
http://www.ponty.net/pontypridd-rfc-blues-player-allocation

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:27 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Here you go;
Yep. Cardiff Rugby Ltd sure are good at dishing us out the players that they don't want Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:35 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 6 1347041234
I wouldn't get too comfortable Dave as this clown seems to have run out of new ideas to wind me up already Smile

Not all of us come on here just to wind others up.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:47 pm

Steffan wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Steffan wrote:

OLE Smile

Yeah because our "region" have done so much for us haven't they

Oh how I loved the day they dropped CARDIFF from the title or the day they decided to change the name to CARDIFF & VALLEYS BLUES to embrace the wider community

And who can forget all those games they brought to Sardis Road

Doing the right thing needs to work both ways

You wouldn't support the British & Irish Lions if they changed the name to the England Roses and Cardiff supporters would not go to watch if the "region" got bought out by someone who changed the name to PONTYPRIDD BLACK & WHITES and all games were at Sardis Road

You know it, I know it, everyone knows it and your pathetic WUM to suggest otherwise doesn't work here Smile

Its fascinating how a town about 10 miles away from Cardiff really dislike being under the brand name Cardiff Blues

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:55 pm

IronMike wrote:
Its fascinating how a town about 10 miles away from Cardiff really dislike being under the brand name Cardiff Blues
Not really. There is only about 5 miles between Tottenham and Arsenal football stadiums yet I doubt Spurs would ever wanna play under a Gunners banner and visa versa

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:08 pm

Steffan wrote:

You were wound up?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:10 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Here you go;
Yep. Cardiff Rugby Ltd sure are good at dishing us out the players that they don't want  Smile

Your club accepts them though.
They'd be mad not to I guess. 20 players for free is a pretty good deal.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:12 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Here you go;
Yep. Cardiff Rugby Ltd sure are good at dishing us out the players that they don't want  Smile

Dave what's going on you used to be cool (for a Cardiff Rugby Toff like). Since when did you join the Ponty hate squad?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:15 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Here you go;

Dave what's going on you used to be cool (for a Cardiff Rugby Toff like). Since when did you join the Ponty hate squad?

I don't hate Ponty.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:17 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:I don't hate Ponty.
Good. Given the players and coaches we have supplied you with I should hope not

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:21 pm

Steffan wrote:
IronMike wrote:
Not really. There is only about 5 miles between Tottenham and Arsenal football stadiums yet I doubt Spurs would ever wanna play under a Gunners banner and visa versa

major difference there is that both those clubs can bring in enough fans to sustain their professional teams which is something that no welsh club can do or will ever be able to do

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:22 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Here you go;

And this right here is the problem we have throughout wales in everything from rugby to politics to health to education. Everyone in the Valleys thinks that the 'towns' to the South are somehow superior in terms of social class, that they're posh, and that there is an 'us and them' mentality. It is handed down from generation to generation, to not associate with the posh town folk. It's absurd. It creates such ridiculous fear of travelling ridiculously short distances for work, education, recreation that we end up with this massive divide north of the M4. Like there's no problems in Newport, Cardiff and Swansea? That everyone is 'posh' - from an upper social class in the areas? Daft. The levels of deprivation are just as bad. Try telling someone from Ely that they are a toff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:26 pm

Steffan wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:I don't hate Ponty.
Good. Given the players and coaches we have supplied you with I should hope not

Cheers. picard

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:27 pm

GavinDragon wrote:major difference there is that both those clubs can bring in enough fans to sustain their professional teams which is something that no welsh club can do or will ever be able to do
As far as I am aware the current pro 4 teams in Wales are happy enough with their attendances and sustain themselves fine even without the support of people who choose to watch Welsh Premiership (or lower level) rugby instead. And even if they were that desperate maybe taking a few games on the road to try and reach out to a wider audience and encourage people to support them wouldn't hurt. But they don't so clearly they are happy with the support they have already got

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:33 pm

Steffan, as I said above sticking with your club is fine. It's admirable to be honest. But I remember that the Blues wanted to take some games to Sardis but Ponty blocked it. Told them to F off. This was fairly recently. The last few years? So it's a bit rich to accuse them of not trying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:51 pm

Griff wrote:And this right here is the problem we have throughout wales in everything from rugby to politics to health to education. Everyone in the Valleys thinks that the 'towns' to the South are somehow superior in terms of social class, that they're posh, and that there is an 'us and them' mentality. It is handed down from generation to generation, to not associate with the posh town folk. It's absurd. It creates such ridiculous fear of travelling ridiculously short distances for work, education, recreation that we end up with this massive divide north of the M4. Like there's no problems in Newport, Cardiff and Swansea? That everyone is 'posh' - from an upper social class in the areas? Daft. The levels of deprivation are just as bad. Try telling someone from Ely that they are a toff.
I don't think that people from Cardiff are Toffs. I have worked, studied and lived in Cardiff. And as it goes my last long term girlfriend was from Ely and I lived with her quite a lot of the time down there (Caerau to be exact but same thing). I have also run a workshop in a school in that area and seen levels of deprivation. Outside of the well to do area's I actually find Cardiff to be pretty grim in the suburban areas some making parts of the valleys look like Beverly Hills

My Toff reference was to Cardiff rugby fans who have created the divide between Cardiff and Valleys rugby. I have experienced it first hand without provocation. The usual 'Oh us Cardiff supporters would never come to to Pontypridd for a game as we would probably get our cars pinched' and 'No I've never been to the Valleys but I heard the exit sign is the best part'

Yes there are people from the Valleys who believe that Cardiff is full of public school boys but then I know lots of people from Cardiff who believe that the Valleys are a native place full of neanderthals so it works both ways

I find that Cardiff City seems to have a good mixture of fans from the Valleys and the City but then I find that most Bluebirds fans from Cardiff don't have the same attitude towards Valleys people as the Cardiff Rugby lot do

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 9:55 pm

Griff wrote:Steffan, as I said above sticking with your club is fine. It's admirable to be honest. But I remember that the Blues wanted to take some games to Sardis but Ponty blocked it. Told them to F off. This was fairly recently. The last few years? So it's a bit rich to accuse them of not trying.
As far as I am aware Cardiff Blues have only ever tried to bring one game to Sardis and Ponty couldn't host it as the Silverball final had already been booked that day. I have no knowledge of Ponty telling the Blues to F off with any games and I am entriged if you can provide evidence to support this

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 10:11 pm

Steffan wrote:
Griff wrote:Steffan, as I said above sticking with your club is fine. It's admirable to be honest. But I remember that the Blues wanted to take some games to Sardis but Ponty blocked it. Told them to F off. This was fairly recently. The last few years? So it's a bit rich to accuse them of not trying.
As far as I am aware Cardiff Blues have only ever tried to bring one game to Sardis and Ponty couldn't host it as the Silverball final had already been booked that day. I have no knowledge of Ponty telling the Blues to F off with any games and I am entriged if you can provide evidence to support this

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/cardiff-blues-plan-play-matches-2031356

http://www.ponty.net/valleys-rugby-response-to-cardiff-blues-plan-to-play-games-at-sardis-road

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 26 Mar 2015, 10:12 pm

Steffan wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:major difference there is that both those clubs can bring in enough fans to sustain their professional teams which is something that no welsh club can do or will ever be able to do
As far as I am aware the current pro 4 teams in Wales are happy enough with their attendances and sustain themselves fine even without the support of people who choose to watch Welsh Premiership (or lower level) rugby instead. And even if they were that desperate maybe taking a few games on the road to try and reach out to a wider audience and encourage people to support them wouldn't hurt. But they don't so clearly they are happy with the support they have already got

agree with that

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 Mar 2015, 10:18 pm

Griff wrote:
Steffan wrote:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/cardiff-blues-plan-play-matches-2031356

http://www.ponty.net/valleys-rugby-response-to-cardiff-blues-plan-to-play-games-at-sardis-road
None of these links provide evidence that Ponty told them to F off though. Yes Adrian Hadley said it was 9 years too late but he does not represent Pontypridd RFC. And the Wales online link just says that the Blues were thinking about playing some games at Sardis and nothing was concrete and there is still no evidence that they were going to do this or that someone from Ponty told them they didn't want the games there. There is no way that Ponty a semi-professional club would turn down the revenue from a Blues LV cup match and to suggest they would do is just silly

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 26 Mar 2015, 10:32 pm

GavinDragon wrote:
Steffan wrote:

agree with that

Would the various sponsors be ok with that though plus those who have forked out £10k for a hospitality box at CAP?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 10:42 pm

Hahahahahaha. Genius Dowlais. All we need to do is become purely just the Dragons and we'll become all conquering. Plus all these fans up the valleys will come marching down straight away.

Just because you see people in the Valleys wearing Ospreys tops means squat. I see loads of them walking round Risca too, but it means Jack as they aren't really supporting them if they never set foot in the Liberty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 10:48 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
Steffan wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:I will always go down to the Arms park to watch Cardiff Blues for my sins
Bah...don't go wasting your money down there lining Peter Pies pockets. Get down to Sardis and watch a real team. Can we count in you to join the fellow eight thousand Ponty fans we get at every home game?

OLE Very Happy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/match/ERUP3764110

Attendance: 4,534

Wasn't this your biggest game of the season?

With all the disenfranchised fans between the two teams, you would think they'd have sold that out to prove a point.

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Thu 26 Mar 2015, 11:14 pm

Dave hospitality boxes against smaller sides rarely sell out. That's why there is always special offers at rp

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 27 Mar 2015, 12:29 am

Risca Rev wrote:Hahahahahaha. Genius Dowlais. All we need to do is become purely just the Dragons and we'll become all conquering. Plus all these fans up the valleys will come marching down straight away.

Just because you see people in the Valleys wearing Ospreys tops means squat. I see loads of them walking round Risca too, but it means Jack as they aren't really supporting them if they never set foot in the Liberty.

I knew you'd tell him, but he never takes it on board. Wish the guy would stop ramming Ospreys down our throats all the time as well.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 27 Mar 2015, 8:53 am

Pontypridd fans need to get rid of this sense of entitlement. This whole 'we gave you players and coaches' line needs to stop too because in recent memory the players we've been 'given' (Humberstone, Dicomidis, Adam Thomas, Geraint Lewis) have been incredibly dreadful and are not pro standard but chancers who got contracts because the coaches knew them.

And speaking of the coaches, we have some of the worst attack and defence records in the league. Who coaches those areas?

As noted above, PRFC will accept the freebees of players and never pay a penny towards them yet they publicly will whinge about the blues in their programmes. Biting the hand that feeds. Without the blues allocation, they wouldn't be as dominant as they have been and although they'll deny it and never accept it, Pontypridd depend on the blues.

Imagine if the blues stacked Cardiff with all their contracted players...Ponty would suffer massively.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 27 Mar 2015, 9:21 am

gcBlues wrote:Pontypridd fans need to get rid of this sense of entitlement. This whole 'we gave you players and coaches' line needs to stop too because in recent memory the players we've been 'given' (Humberstone, Dicomidis, Adam Thomas, Geraint Lewis) have been incredibly dreadful and are not pro standard but chancers who got contracts because the coaches knew them.

And speaking of the coaches, we have some of the worst attack and defence records in the league. Who coaches those areas?

As noted above, PRFC will accept the freebees of players and never pay a penny towards them yet they publicly will whinge about the blues in their programmes. Biting the hand that feeds. Without the blues allocation, they wouldn't be as dominant as they have been and although they'll deny it and never accept it, Pontypridd depend on the blues.

Imagine if the blues stacked Cardiff with all their contracted players...Ponty would suffer massively.

Keep watching this space. Word is that we have too many players on the books.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 27 Mar 2015, 9:24 am

GavinDragon wrote:Dave hospitality boxes against smaller sides rarely sell out. That's why there is always special offers at rp

?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 27 Mar 2015, 9:24 am

With the social class thing that Steffan is going on about, he is right, I go to watch the Cardiff Blues a lot, and when I tell them that I am from Merthyr I get all the usual guff, most of the time it's just banter though, but some people do make the odd remark, I had one person say to me, that the valleys are not that bad, I saw a kid walking around in Nike trainers up there the other day, at first I though he was on the wind up, but after a few more other things I noticed he was being serious, I mean come on, it's not that bad up here. We do have some levels of civilization.

Not as nice as the Vale of Glamorgan, or Radyr though, those places are proper posh. I sometimes feel that some people think Wales is like the Hunger Games story are, one nice posh futuristic capital, and all the valleys are like the districts. Laugh

But on a serious note, it does go both ways, people up here call the Cardiff people posh, and then we get labled as yokels, it does not bother me, when ever the banter starts down at the Arms Park I just tell them that I have just purchased a colour tele, that is where the name LordDowlais got its origins. laughing

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 27 Mar 2015, 9:35 am

LordDowlais wrote:With the social class thing that Steffan is going on about, he is right, I go to watch the Cardiff Blues a lot, and when I tell them that I am from Merthyr I get all the usual guff, most of the time it's just banter though, but some people do make the odd remark, I had one person say to me, that the valleys are not that bad, I saw a kid walking around in Nike trainers up there the other day, at first I though he was on the wind up, but after a few more other things I noticed he was being serious, I mean come on, it's not that bad up here. We do have some levels of civilization.

Not as nice as the Vale of Glamorgan, or Radyr though, those places are proper posh. I sometimes feel that some people think Wales is like the Hunger Games story are, one nice posh futuristic capital, and all the valleys are like the districts. Laugh

But on a serious note, it does go both ways, people up here call the Cardiff people posh, and then we get labled as yokels, it does not bother me, when ever the banter starts down at the Arms Park I just tell them that I have just purchased a colour tele, that is where the name LordDowlais got its origins. laughing

Get in!

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 27 Mar 2015, 9:42 am

The Saint wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:Hahahahahaha. Genius Dowlais. All we need to do is become purely just the Dragons and we'll become all conquering. Plus all these fans up the valleys will come marching down straight away.

I knew you'd tell him, but he never takes it on board. Wish the guy would stop ramming Ospreys down our throats all the time as well.

Isn't that how they make foie gras?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 27 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Not as nice as the Vale of Glamorgan, or Radyr though, those places are proper posh.

D'you mean because our bogs are inside the house?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 31 Mar 2015, 4:47 pm

The Scarlets have signed a lock from the Tigers. Bit more weight to the Snyman rumour?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 01 Apr 2015, 8:29 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Not as nice as the Vale of Glamorgan, or Radyr though, those places are proper posh.  

Toilets....inside.....house...what sir is this great new world you speak of ? Please sir, tell me more. Are the streets paved with gold ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 01 Apr 2015, 9:38 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Toilets....inside.....house...what sir is this great new world you speak of ? Please sir, tell me more. Are the streets paved with gold ?

No, you're thinking of Roger Lewis's driveway.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 01 Apr 2015, 10:14 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

No, you're thinking of Roger Lewis's driveway.

and the runway at Rhoose airport.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Wed 01 Apr 2015, 10:45 am

Programs like young welsh and pretty skint don't help Doh

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 01 Apr 2015, 10:48 am

tatterd wrote:Programs like young welsh and pretty skint don't help Doh

That's 'reality' tv for you. Just look at MTVs the Valleys; never seen such poor acting in my life. I think most people are smart enough to not read too much into these programmes. That said, doesn't stop the The Valleys cast from getting assaulted in public, if what I heard is true.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 01 Apr 2015, 10:16 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I lived up your way and had an outside bog too. Blydi freezing it was. Not that long ago either.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 03 Apr 2015, 10:08 am

Well, well, looks like the Arms park is having a 30million squid face lift:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... um=twitter

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 03 Apr 2015, 10:27 am

If you cannot get the above link to work this is what it tells us:-

A new £30m stadium for the Cardiff Blues could be realised after confirmation that the professional rugby region is looking to strike a long-term new lease agreement with commercial development options with its landlord Cardiff Athletic Club.

The club is in early stage negotiations with the athletic club, which owns the freehold interest to the BT Cardiff Arms Park, over securing a lease of more than a 100 years.

While no formal plans have been drawn up, the club could potentially build a new 15,000 capacity stadium and look to offset part of the required investment by realising commercial opportunities around any new ground, including residential and office schemes.

If a new stadium is constructed at 90 degrees to the existing ground, which has a capacity of 12,500, it could for example see apartments built at the River Taff end.

While the offer was subject to approval from the trustees of the athletic club and the backing of its members in its sporting sections of rugby, cricket, hockey, tennis and bowls, it had in principle backing.

However, the potential deal was shelved after the WRU and the four regions entered into a long-term dispute over funding for the professional game.

As well as the Cardiff Blues and the semi-professional Cardiff RFC, the only other section to use the Arms Park site is the bowls section.

The Blues recently tabled a bid, understood to be in region of £4m, to acquire the freehold interest in the Arms Park.

However, after that failed to progress, although potentially it could be revisited, the athletic club and the Blues are now in early stage discussions over a new long-term lease, with the rugby club looking for development options around any new stadium or revamped existing one.

With the commercial property market back to pre-recession levels any proposed developments on the lucrative site in the centre of Cardiff would attract strong interest – complementing any investment in a new stadium.

A new stadium could cost anything between £20m to £30m

The existing lease between the Blues and the Athletic Club expires in 2022. With the car parking income the Blues make an upside of several hundred thousand pounds a year on the lease.

Since returning to the ground, after what was ultimately a commercial failure as a tenant of the Cardiff City stadium – with a £1m cost to exit a lease with still 17 years to run in 2012 – the Blues has invested in the ground, including in a new artificial pitch at a cost of around £400,000.

However, the stadium is aging by modern rugby stadia standards and is deemed no longer fit purpose.

If a new stadium is constructed it could provide the opportunity for the WRU to invest in a new stand at the section of the Millennium Stadium which adjoins the main stand of the Arms Park.

That end of the ground incorporates part of the north stand of the former National Stadium and unlike the rest of the three-tiered arena only has two levels and no corporate hospitality boxes.

Cardiff Athletic Club view

Chairman of Cardiff Athletic Club, as well as being a board member of the Cardiff Blues, Keith Morgan, said the club and the Blues were aligned in wanting to see investment in the ground.

And he said the most likely way forward was agreeing a new long-term lease, for which the Blues would look for a term of at least 120 years.

Mr Morgan added: “We have set up a small working party and we have just entered into negotiations with the Blues on this.

“To make sure that the Blues are successful then we need a fit for purpose stadium looking forward over the long-term. Without regional rugby the stadium will fall into decay and we would not be able to maintain it.

“From my perspective as chairman for the last eight years the relationship between the athletic club and the Blues is as good, if not better, than it has ever been.

"With chief executive of the Blues Richard Holland we have worked extremely well together for the vast majority of the time, but as in any landlord-tenant relationship we don’t always see eye-to-eye."

Mr Holland said: “We are in early stage discussions with our landlords. At this stage we have no future comment to make, but hopefully we can stay at the BT Cardiff Arms Park for the long-term.”

If a lease is agreed, and the board of the Blues give the go-ahead for a new stadium, during its construction both the Cardiff Blues and Cardiff RFC could play their games at the Millennium Stadium.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 03 Apr 2015, 6:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Well, well, looks like the Arms park is having a 30million squid face lift:-

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/b ... um=twitter

Well smoke me a kipper, it's finally happening!
This is what I would call moving in the "right direction". Looks like a "rugby decision" too.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 04 Apr 2015, 5:58 pm

Would be wrong to have a swanky state of the art stadium, posh bogs included, without a decent team, so what's the plan for next season and beyond?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 04 Apr 2015, 6:23 pm

Meanwhile at Sardis today; Ponty 40-10 Cardiff.
Surprised this game kicked off while the Greens (Go Greens!) were playing at Dave Parade.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next