The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

+37
doctornickolas
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
Blueschief
LordDowlais
TBJ9625
munkian
Don Blues
Stone Motif
PhilBB
Fanster
Chunky Norwich
PenfroPete
Welshmushroom
dragon4life
tatterd
XR
Jhamer25
formerly known as Sam
Welly
RDW
Notch
VinceWLB
Comfort
SecretFly
George Carlin
Liam
wayne
Luckless Pedestrian
glamorganalun
Steffan
rumpelstiltskindoh
ScarletSpiderman
LondonTiger
The Saint
Hound of Harrow
wales606
41 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 8 Empty Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by wales606 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 5:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Prop
Gethin Jenkins, Taufa'ao Filise, Craig Mitchell, Sam Hobbs, Scott Andrews, Thomas Davies, Dillon Lewis

Hooker
Matthew Rees, Kristian Dacey, Rhys Williams, Ethan Lewis

2nd Row
Jarrad Hoeata, James Down, Lou Reed, Chris Dicomidis, Miles Normandale

Flanker
Sam Warburton, Josh Turnbull, Macauley Cook, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi, Jevon Groves, Ben Roach

Eight
Manoa Vosawai

Scrum half
Tavis Knoyle, Lloyd Williams, Lewis Jones, Tomos Williams

Fly half
Rhys Patchell, Gareth Anscombe, Gareth Davies, Jarrod Evans, Will Thomas

Centre
Cory Allen, Gavin Evans, Richard Smith, Tom Pascoe, Adam Thomas, Garyn Smith, Ray Lee-Lo

Wing
Alex Cuthbert, Harry Davies, Owen Jenkins, Chris Knight, Tom Williams, Tom James

Full back
Blaine Scully, Dan Fish, Geraint Walsh, Aled Summerhill

Last edited by wales606 on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 10:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 16 Apr 2015, 9:07 pm

gcBlues wrote:MFL

Something with a small c, I heard.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 8 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 16 Apr 2015, 9:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:he strikes me as someone who doesnt really have the respect of top players

I agree, but if he has the Chief as his right hand man, that could be a good partnership.

Don't you mean forearm?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 16 Apr 2015, 9:19 pm

wales606 wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Rumour has it the one and only Sean Holley is headed your way.

Well, in fairness, he couldn't make things worse.

Would prolong the agony then.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 16 Apr 2015, 9:22 pm

Bluesfamily are Poopie!
Said so on ChumV, yur.....
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32279098

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:50 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:I have good news for all Blues fans.  Come this time next season the Blues will have a home Pro12 semi-final lined up, and will be in the Challenge Cup semi-finals too.

Tell me you're kidding.

Part of me wants to cry, as I want 4 strong sides. But part of me wants to laugh too! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 10:55 pm

Here you go. Something to get your teeth into. The king of self promotion?!

http://www.seanholley.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 16 Apr 2015, 11:10 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:I have good news for all Blues fans.  Come this time next season the Blues will have a home Pro12 semi-final lined up, and will be in the Challenge Cup semi-finals too.

Tell me you're kidding.

Part of me wants to cry, as I want 4 strong sides. But part of me wants to laugh too! Laugh

One would do for me. Mine.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 16 Apr 2015, 11:12 pm

Griff wrote:Here you go. Something to get your teeth into. The king of self promotion?!

Not clicking on that link for starters.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Apr 2015, 11:19 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
Griff wrote:Here you go. Something to get your teeth into. The king of self promotion?!

Not clicking on that link for starters.

Go on. You might learn something (about Holley that is. Not rugby. It's all about him).

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 17 Apr 2015, 6:45 am

I've said elsewhere that if this means he won't be on Scrum V all the time, I'm all for it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 17 Apr 2015, 9:20 am

Oh well Tuculet has left a sinking ship, he is off at the end of the season:-

http://www.cardiffblues.com/news/7606.php

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 17 Apr 2015, 11:51 am

Presumably Sean Holley going to the Blues is dependent on Bristol not getting promoted?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Fri 17 Apr 2015, 1:07 pm

If they put Sean Holley in post then that's it for me and the blues, will solely be a Cardiff RFC supporter.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 18 Apr 2015, 8:27 pm

gcBlues wrote:If they put Sean Holley in post then that's it for me and the blues, will solely be a Cardiff RFC supporter.

No doubt he'd be statting the Rags players too and don't forget we're sposed to be having regional A games next season instead of the LV.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 18 Apr 2015, 9:13 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Presumably Sean Holley going to the Blues is dependent on Bristol not getting promoted?

They've obvs had enough of prat pad like we have.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:00 pm

Well, that's that rumour put to bed - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32394746
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:14 pm

Blues fans relieved laughing

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:15 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32397373

Fans thoughts on Dale then? Nobody has really discussed him much since he's been with the Blues.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 21 Apr 2015, 2:41 pm

The Saint wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/32397373

Fans thoughts on Dale then? Nobody has really discussed him much since he's been with the Blues.

"If it's myself, it's myself, if it's Paul it's Paul, if it's someone else it's irrelevant to us." - Chief

Well that read as "If its me good, if its Paul I will support him, if it is another bleeding outsider we will force him out too"
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Apr 2015, 4:47 pm

Things are not looking good at the Blues, neither Paul or the Chief are up to the task.

What about Nigel Davies, where has he been hiding?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 21 Apr 2015, 7:18 pm

IronMike wrote:Things are not looking good at the Blues, neither Paul or the Chief are up to the task.

What about Nigel Davies, where has he been hiding?

After reading the Holland interview, things are looking better imo.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 21 Apr 2015, 7:23 pm

He's really 'ard and has been encouraged to apply for the DOR job.
Good luck to him.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 22 Apr 2015, 8:56 am

Inept defence coach and is using the media to keep himself in a job.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 22 Apr 2015, 10:03 am

He also likes Groggs.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 22 Apr 2015, 11:06 am

Fair. Declan Kidney as head coach, Nigel Davies as backs coach? Unlikely, but it would be nice. I can blues keeping McIntosh and John, so prepare for another year like the one you had under B and B.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Apr 2015, 1:32 pm

Who knew that Dai Young would be so missed? Dai Young for future Wales coach?!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Apr 2015, 8:02 pm

Josh Navidi proving again why he is one of the best forwards playing for the Blues, if he is not capped this September I wouldn't blame him for buggering off to join a better club

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 25 Apr 2015, 8:46 pm

IronMike wrote:Josh Navidi proving again why he is one of the best forwards playing for the Blues, if he is not capped this September I wouldn't blame him for buggering off to join a better club

Thought him and Baker really showed up well at No8 and hopefully both will get a shot in the warm up games and put much needed pressure on Faletau. Said all along I just didn't see what the fuss about Anscombe was and I still stand by that.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Apr 2015, 2:24 pm

Dafydd Hewitt has had to retire due to a neck injury at 29 years old.

The very definition of a solid club player, often had to deputise for Jamie Roberts and did well enough. Much better than the other recent centres we had other than Laulala.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Thu 30 Apr 2015, 2:10 pm

Any news outside of the media on any movement on the coaching front or players? 

I noticed Adam Jones said on ScrumV last week that he wasnt in the team because Craig Mitchell and Scott Andrews will be here next season. Would that suggest that Andrews has had his contract renewed? I thought he was on the way out. 

Shame about Hewitt, by no means a world beater but a solid club man. Read somewhere (here maybe) that he was on £100,000 a year. If true that is some money to throw at a second row.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 01 May 2015, 12:44 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/jamie-roberts-agrees-harlequins-deal-9161501

Roberts is off to Quins. Not really bothered, he didn't play for us a lot before and he wouldn't have this time either.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Fri 01 May 2015, 12:45 pm

Coleman wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/jamie-roberts-agrees-harlequins-deal-9161501

Roberts is off to Quins. Not really bothered, he didn't play for us a lot before and he wouldn't have this time either.

So Gatland's Law will be enforced here then right?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 01 May 2015, 1:42 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Coleman wrote:http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/jamie-roberts-agrees-harlequins-deal-9161501

So Gatland's Law will be enforced here then right?

...as opposed to when he was at Racing?

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon4life Fri 01 May 2015, 11:34 pm

I think he was under contract at Racing before Gatlands law was in place. I think Gatlands law takes place once you sign a contract after the law was made. But we all know Roberts is going to play as he'll be 'extreme circumstances'

dragon4life

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sat 02 May 2015, 7:47 pm

Blues fans, is it true that Patchell has SIGNED a pre contract with the Scarlets for the season after next, they would have had him for next season but the Blues wouldn't release him early, that is the rumour I'm hearing.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 02 May 2015, 9:56 pm

No such thing as Gatlands law while there is still the 'exceptional circumstances' clause.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 10:18 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:No such thing as Gatlands law while there is still the 'exceptional circumstances' clause.

Completely agree. I've said over and over on here in recent years (as has Bedford) that there is no Gatland law that says he won't pick players outside Wales. He's always maintained that where he has two players playing equally well, one in Wales and one outside, the Wales based player is likely to get the nod as he will be able to monitor him more; influence his conditioning, etc. at the region; have extended training camps outside the international window; etc. With Roberts I imagine Gatland will argue that no other Welsh 12 is playing the crash ball role like Roberts so he gets the nod as he will serve the role that Gatland wants. Scott Williams is in form but does not play in the same way as Roberts. There are similarities, but not the same. So Gatland will be justified in picking him in the absences of a direct replacement.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 03 May 2015, 12:18 am

Gats loves his first XV and Justin Tipuric, that's just the way it is.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 03 May 2015, 7:46 am

The Saint wrote:Gats loves his first XV and Justin Tipuric, that's just the way it is.

And why wouldn't he, overall they have served him well and he has made little 'tweaks' here and there when required such as Webb, Biggar given a good run and Li Williams. He has never been afraid to give youngsters a go either.

Griff,

On the Roberts theme I half expect him to retire after the WC and concentrate of his medical carear and with that in mind and despite Tyler Morgan being on a DC I think Dixon would fit the role of Roberts quite well and think he might be given few chances in that role.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 May 2015, 9:03 am

wayne wrote:Blues fans, is it true that Patchell has SIGNED a pre contract with the Scarlets for the season after next, they would have had him for next season but the Blues wouldn't release him early, that is the rumour I'm hearing.

Would probably be a good move for him, they need a new 10, and he might actually get game time there

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 May 2015, 9:38 am

I think Patchell would do very well at the Scarlets. I had very high hopes for him based on his performances when he first broke through. Shame he's been shifted about and dropped for Anscombe, who I don't think is any better from what I've seen.

Patchell will suit the Scarlets running rugby style of play too I think. I thought he could go on to be a good wales 10 in time, and I think the Scarlets could get him back on the path to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 May 2015, 11:54 am

Griff wrote:I think Patchell would do very well at the Scarlets. I had very high hopes for him based on his performances when he first broke through. Shame he's been shifted about and dropped for Anscombe, who I don't think is any better from what I've seen.

Patchell will suit the Scarlets running rugby style of play too I think. I thought he could go on to be a good wales 10 in time, and I think the Scarlets could get him back on the path to that.

Patchell's issue is consistency, but I think he just needs a run of games as hes still a young player. Not sure how good he is at running Rugby, but hes a quick player and is not too shabby at offloading so he has potential.

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 03 May 2015, 1:16 pm

I actually think S Shingler has looked good in the games he's had this season. I wasn't bothered one bit when all the fuss about him wanting to play for Scotland came about and think he should have been able to go.

Now what with Priestland going after the WC I would think it would be good for him to have an extended steady run and try prove himself.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 11 May 2015, 8:25 pm

Danny Wilson it is then. Or is it? Who knows?
But whoever it is, I hope THEY let him (or her) get on with IT.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 11 May 2015, 9:02 pm

Shouldn't Wilson just be forwards coach? Otherwise, I think Anscombe would be a better option. But he's probably afraid given your treatment of good coaches lately.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 12 May 2015, 8:05 am

I don't think many of us on here will know what really went on but certain rumours are that player power was what got rid of Hammett, they didn't like they way he was doing things and how hard he was training/pushing them.

If that is the case I doubt Anscombe will work either, if the players aren't man enough to deal with new coaching techniques or cope with a bit of hard work then any new coach will struggle.

Whoever comes in the board needs to back 110% and if the players throw toys out of cot and complain then tell them to suck it up and get on with it or get rid.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 12 May 2015, 9:03 am

Player Power? Who knew Matthew Rees and Lou Reed were so influential!

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 May 2015, 9:19 am

I dont understand why players wouldn't want to work hard though, unless they're happy with losing every game

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Tue 12 May 2015, 9:40 am

They're just happy being in starbucks by 12 every day.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 12 May 2015, 10:49 am

gcBlues wrote:Player Power? Who knew Matthew Rees and Lou Reed were so influential!

Well they do say that the first Velvet Underground album didn't sell well, but everyone who bought it went on to form a band.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next