The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread

+52
HongKongCherry
Hammersmith harrier
doctor_grey
Ozzy3213
stub
wrfc1980
george doors
Duty281
VinceWLB
Liam
Nachos Jones
bedfordwelsh
JDizzle
Sgt_Pooly
mystiroakey
Heaf
LeinsterFan4life
TightHEAD
Rory_Gallagher
IanBru
Hood83
The Saint
FecklessRogue
Steve_rugby
Breadvan
malky1963
Notch
nathan
sirtidychris
WELL-PAST-IT
robbo277
gregortree
Cowshot
Geordie
No 7&1/2
Scottrf
Rugby Fan
lostinwales
BamBam
LondonTiger
majesticimperialman
Pot Hale
MichaelT
quinsforever
englandglory4ever
Chjw131
SecretFly
bluestonevedder
dummy_half
nobbled
HammerofThunor
yappysnap
56 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread - Page 7 Empty England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread

Post by yappysnap Wed 11 Feb 2015, 10:45 am

First topic message reminder :

England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread - Page 7 Englan11   England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread - Page 7 Italy_11
ENGLAND v ITALY
14 February 2015
KO: 14:30
Twickenham Stadium

Referee: John Lacey (IRFU)
AR1: Pascal Gauzere (FFR)
AR2: Mike Fraser (NZR)
TMO: George Ayoub (ARU)

So England have confirmed an unchanged squad after Parling is still ruled out injured.

ENGLAND's 23

Starting XV: Mike Brown (Harlequins), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Luther Burrell (Northampton Saints), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby). George Ford (Bath Rugby), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Dave Attwood (Bath Rugby), George Kruis (Saracens), James Haskell (Wasps), Chris Robshaw (captain, Harlequins), Billy Vunipola (Saracens).

Replacements: Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Kieran Brookes (Newcastle Falcons), Nick Easter (Harlequins), Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens), Danny Cipriani (Sale Sharks), Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby).

ITALY
Luke McLean; Leonardo Sarto, Luca Morisi, Andrea Masi, Giovanbattista Venditti; Kelly Haimona, Edoardo Gori; Alberto DeMarchi, Leonardo Ghiraldini, Martin Castrogiovanni; George Biagi, Marco Bortolami; Francesco Minto, Mauro Bergamasco, Sergio Parisse.
Replacements: Andrea Manici, Matias Aguero, Dario Chistolini, Joshua Furno, Samuela Vunisa, Guglielmo Palazzani, Tommaso Allan, Giulio Bisegni

Last edited by yappysnap on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 10:12 pm; edited 4 times in total

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm

The Saint wrote:May defending like Ashton there. Waiting for the May aplologists now.

Would you like sexual intercourse with Ashton?

You don't half bang on about him when he has nothing to do with this thread.

nathan

Back to top Go down

England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread

Post by Geordie Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm

Im a big May fan but that was poor.

But who missed the tackles in the centres....?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm

Typical tickers crowd, she has no idea
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:19 pm

Morisi is also a very good looking 13 for Italy! He looked very good against Ireland as well.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:19 pm

quinsforever wrote:pass looked forward to me
not forward, just very skillful!

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:19 pm

I think that was a very very average performance and a big step back from last week. Disappointing. Defence was poor, our backs were too deep too often.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:19 pm

nathan wrote:
The Saint wrote:May defending like Ashton there. Waiting for the May aplologists now.

I just think that's not only inaccurate, but very childish and inappropriate.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:20 pm

Erm. Not that impressed but a wins a win..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:20 pm

I thought Italy showed some glimpses of good stuff

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:21 pm

The Saint wrote:
nathan wrote:

99% of your posting is inappropriate and childish. You don't fool anyone on here...

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:21 pm

ok game, but some great individual performances and cameos from several players...ford, joseph, billy v, easter, cips, tom youngs, attwood.

job done. england by far the most dangerous looking side so far in the 6Ns.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:21 pm

To be honest apart from JJ England were poor, yet let's be honest 47-17 isn't a bad result, plenty to work on and a wake up call before the irish game.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:21 pm

nathan wrote:

Laugh

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:21 pm

Honestly saint. Do all your posts have to contain sly digs? Hug enjoy the game fella...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_rugby Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:22 pm

The Saint wrote:
nathan wrote:

Why do you keep mentioning Ashton ? He's not even in the EPS ?

Last edited by Steve_rugby on Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steve_rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:23 pm

There are some good player in the Italy team but surely the time has come for Castro. How is Cittadini getting on at Wasps?

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:24 pm

Awful attempt from May, I'm just not sure he has it at this level. His tackling and lack of brains are a real concern.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:25 pm

The dummy run by Burrell for Joseph's second try is exactly how Wales should be using Roberts. Draws at least 2 defenders every time and allows strike runners the space they need.

Liam

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:25 pm

England have alott of work to do before the next game that's for sure.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:26 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Awful attempt from May, I'm just not sure he has it at this level. His tackling and lack of brains are a real concern.

Pooly,

After last years 6 nations I questioned his involvement for you guys but then he really impressed me in the AIs but was poor today again.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:26 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Awful attempt from May, I'm just not sure he has it at this level. His tackling and lack of brains are a real concern.

Was poor, but unlike the guys who missed earlier tackles he did eventually bring him down.

Oberall - meh.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:26 pm

nathan wrote:
The Saint wrote:
nathan wrote:

99% of your posting is inappropriate and childish. You don't fool anyone on here...

Rich. You whinge about bloody everything on here. Stop being a Saddo all your life.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:26 pm

Sloppy from England.

Huge improvement needed for the game in Dublin to have a chance.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:27 pm

I agree, sure he can run fast but he just doesn't do it for me at the moment at this level you have to do better than that.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:27 pm

Ireland in Dublin are clear favourites whatever happens later today.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:28 pm

I think that AB try had prolonged his tenure. I'm not a fan at all, he hasn't got a rugby brain, he's just fast. His defence is a big problem, I think Ashton is more accomplished tbh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:28 pm

Steve_rugby wrote:
The Saint wrote:
nathan wrote:

Why do you keep mentioning Ashton ? He's not even in the EPS ?

I mentioned him twice. I don't understand why everyone is crying over it. If May was a Welsh player you'd all be loving sticking the boot into him. I'm just giving my opinion on a player and getting attacked over it for the second week in a row yet when anyone else does it, it's fine.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:28 pm

The Saint wrote:
nathan wrote:
The Saint wrote:
nathan wrote:

Rich. You whinge about bloody everything on here. Stop being a Saddo all your life.

I think I've just worked out how old you are, 15? You must be as I don't think any resonable adult would use the word saddo.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:29 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

Was poor, but unlike the guys who missed earlier tackles he did eventually bring him down.

Oberall - meh.

I'd agree, the missed tackled before then was much worse. Not a great game from him, but still don't see Ashton getting back in. Would love to have seen Wade nearer the team, but I guess his tackling is no better.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:30 pm

Such a weird game. The score line flattered england. Defence was a strange one- most of the time is was horrendous; dog-legged, slow, and unorganised. Other times, it came together brilliantly, and we put some huge hits in and actually drove them back. Why the inconsistency?

Once again, a seriously poor start from us. Why the blinking hell can't we stop conceding tries in the first 5 minutes? Every game.

May had a poor game. Blew the 3 on 2 and a very cery poor tackle at the end. Still, he chased his kicks and set up a couple of tries, but that's no going to keep him in the team.

Joseph is just a wonderful player to watch.

Burrell was ok.

36 was good. His choke tackles and breakdown work has improved. Though as someone said above, why kick for territory so late in the game? Just run, run, run.

Watson was awesome again. Looked comfortable at fullback.

Youngs was average. Slow service today which allowed the Italians to organise their defence.

Ford was good. Boy have england missed having a fly half who actually plays flat on the gainline!

Big Billy was great in the second half.

Hask and robshaw look like our settled flankers, if a poor start at the breakdown.

Marler is just immense.

Overall, a frenetic display. Some good, a lot of bad.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:30 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:

Pooly,

After last years 6 nations I questioned his involvement for you guys but then he really impressed me in the AIs but was poor today again.

You've really upset some folk with this accurate observation. I hope your prepared for some childish drivel from
Nathan McWhinger.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_rugby Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:31 pm

nathan wrote:

I think I've just worked out how old you are, 15? You must be as I don't think any resonable adult would use the word saddo.

laughing laughing laughing

England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread - Page 7 1347041234

Steve_rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:32 pm

Good win from England in the end, it was great to see Cips back in an England shirt and he played very well for the time he was on.

Having attacking 10's really make the difference for England, they just look so much better than when Farrell is not playing.

Last edited by Nachos Jones on Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:32 pm

I'd give Ashton another chance now that we have a FH and centres who can get the ball wide
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by george doors Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:33 pm

Danny Care needs to be called back. Youngs very slow

george doors

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:33 pm

nathan wrote:
The Saint wrote:
nathan wrote:
The Saint wrote:
nathan wrote:

It's what I would have said about you tbh but that's none of my business. I've never seen such a massive whinger on this site, I think you're ranked up there at the top with TJ, and that's saying something. A reasonable adult probably wouldn't cry over an Ashton-May comment and reply with the ridiculous comment that they did - but again that's none of my business. Think I might have to utilise the ignore button for the first time ever.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:34 pm

Can the kids please stay on topic, if you can't then feck off
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:35 pm

England didn't play half as well as against Wales yet put almost 50 points on a Italian team that will cause problems to Scotland and Wales who they play at hone. Not bad!

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:36 pm

george doors wrote:Danny Care needs to be called back. Youngs very slow

Didnt have his best game, but the messy breakdowns wouldn't of helped any scrum half

Last edited by nathan on Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:36 pm

I think May didn't have his best game today. But I wouldn't sling him on the heap either.

Generally his tackling is very good which is why I was annoyed with the last tackle for the try.

He's a work in progress at this level and I would stick with him. The only other one is Wade.

Watson is a class act who has taken to this level very well and if Brown is not able to play the next game then Watson must start at 15....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:37 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I think that AB try had prolonged his tenure. I'm not a fan at all, he hasn't got a rugby brain, he's just fast. His defence is a big problem, I think Ashton is more accomplished tbh

Can't say i've seen anything from Ashton to suggest his defence is better than May's. He's technically terrible.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:38 pm

Nachos Jones wrote:Good win from England in the end, it was great to see Cips back in an England shirt and he played very well for the time he was on.

Having attacking 10's really make the difference for England, they just look so much better than when Farrell is playing.

I have to agree. With ford playing we have more players running at gaps and ford is excellent at the delayed pass.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:39 pm

Hood83 wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:I think that AB try had prolonged his tenure. I'm not a fan at all, he hasn't got a rugby brain, he's just fast. His defence is a big problem, I think Ashton is more accomplished tbh

Can't say i've seen anything from Ashton to suggest his defence is better than May's. He's technically terrible.

to be fair I think Ashton is a better player than May and has a better rugby brain.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:40 pm

Italy are starting to look dangerous all they are really missing is a goal kicker.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:41 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
Hood83 wrote:

to be fair I think Ashton is a better player than May and has a better rugby brain.

Anyone think it might be worth trying Ashton with ford at 10? Could it be like the flood days?

Having said that, makes no difference with his defence

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:42 pm

TightHEAD wrote:
Hood83 wrote:

Fair comments which I happen to agree with. I still don't think Ashton is the answer for England though. My next question is why aren't you all being attacked by McWhinger?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by stub Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:43 pm

Yeah, a bit so so but a great result nonetheless. I wonder how much Italy playing well made England look a bit lackluster. Strange game really. rose

stub

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:44 pm

The Saint wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:
Hood83 wrote:

Fair comments which I happen to agree with. I still don't think Ashton is the answer for England though. My next question is why aren't you all being attacked by McWhinger?

Because even when you back a player you can accept they have good and bad games.

Stop winding it up. Its pretty boring.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:46 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:
The Saint wrote:
TightHEAD wrote:
Hood83 wrote:

Because even when you back a player you can accept they have good and bad games.

Stop winding it up. Its pretty boring.

I'm not winding up tbh. I am genuinely confused as to why I've been attacked two weeks in a row for mentioning that I don't think May will grow into his role at international level. It seems to be a common opinion, yet im the only one to get childish drivel from whinging posters.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:52 pm

Well it would be Nowell in for May if there was a replacement. As has been mentioned though they are using May a lot for the kick chase and he is good at it.

As for JJ vs Tuilagi - its a nice problem to have. It is worth looking at the odd highlight reel for Tuilagi though as he is perfectly capable of scoring the tries Joseph has, though using power rather than footwork. And what Tuilagi does is generate a lot of momentum with very little space. Its all academic. Tuilagi is injured and JJ is playing very well.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next