The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread

+52
HongKongCherry
Hammersmith harrier
doctor_grey
Ozzy3213
stub
wrfc1980
george doors
Duty281
VinceWLB
Liam
Nachos Jones
bedfordwelsh
JDizzle
Sgt_Pooly
mystiroakey
Heaf
LeinsterFan4life
TightHEAD
Rory_Gallagher
IanBru
Hood83
The Saint
FecklessRogue
Steve_rugby
Breadvan
malky1963
Notch
nathan
sirtidychris
WELL-PAST-IT
robbo277
gregortree
Cowshot
Geordie
No 7&1/2
Scottrf
Rugby Fan
lostinwales
BamBam
LondonTiger
majesticimperialman
Pot Hale
MichaelT
quinsforever
englandglory4ever
Chjw131
SecretFly
bluestonevedder
dummy_half
nobbled
HammerofThunor
yappysnap
56 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread - Page 2 Empty England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread

Post by yappysnap Wed 11 Feb 2015, 10:45 am

First topic message reminder :

England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread - Page 2 Englan11   England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread - Page 2 Italy_11
ENGLAND v ITALY
14 February 2015
KO: 14:30
Twickenham Stadium

Referee: John Lacey (IRFU)
AR1: Pascal Gauzere (FFR)
AR2: Mike Fraser (NZR)
TMO: George Ayoub (ARU)

So England have confirmed an unchanged squad after Parling is still ruled out injured.

ENGLAND's 23

Starting XV: Mike Brown (Harlequins), Anthony Watson (Bath Rugby), Jonathan Joseph (Bath Rugby), Luther Burrell (Northampton Saints), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby). George Ford (Bath Rugby), Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers), Joe Marler (Harlequins), Dylan Hartley (Northampton Saints), Dan Cole (Leicester Tigers), Dave Attwood (Bath Rugby), George Kruis (Saracens), James Haskell (Wasps), Chris Robshaw (captain, Harlequins), Billy Vunipola (Saracens).

Replacements: Tom Youngs (Leicester Tigers), Mako Vunipola (Saracens), Kieran Brookes (Newcastle Falcons), Nick Easter (Harlequins), Tom Croft (Leicester Tigers), Richard Wigglesworth (Saracens), Danny Cipriani (Sale Sharks), Billy Twelvetrees (Gloucester Rugby).

ITALY
Luke McLean; Leonardo Sarto, Luca Morisi, Andrea Masi, Giovanbattista Venditti; Kelly Haimona, Edoardo Gori; Alberto DeMarchi, Leonardo Ghiraldini, Martin Castrogiovanni; George Biagi, Marco Bortolami; Francesco Minto, Mauro Bergamasco, Sergio Parisse.
Replacements: Andrea Manici, Matias Aguero, Dario Chistolini, Joshua Furno, Samuela Vunisa, Guglielmo Palazzani, Tommaso Allan, Giulio Bisegni

Last edited by yappysnap on Thu 12 Feb 2015, 10:12 pm; edited 4 times in total

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread

Post by nathan Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:36 pm

lostinwales wrote:Betting on Cips coming on scoring/creating a load of points and then getting the meedja all excited?

This excited?

England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread - Page 2 GentleWelloffHairstreak

nathan

Back to top Go down

England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: England v Italy - Squads and Match Thread

Post by lostinwales Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:44 pm

Probably Smile

I think cips might be the kind of guy that with the right protection and things working well that could do a lot of damage in a game like this, but it would be crucial to understand that that doesn't make him better or more important than Ford

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Fri 13 Feb 2015, 1:50 pm

That man has the largest mouth i've ever seen !!!!!

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 13 Feb 2015, 2:01 pm

nathan wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Betting on Cips coming on scoring/creating a load of points and then getting the meedja all excited?

This excited?

I don't think anyone in the world has ever been that excited, nor will be ever again. He's set the bar at, quite frankly, a totally unachievable level.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Fri 13 Feb 2015, 3:04 pm

bluestonevedder wrote:
nathan wrote:

This excited?

I don't think anyone in the world has ever been that excited, nor will be ever again. He's set the bar at, quite frankly, a totally unachievable level.
he could field a Garryowen with that north & south

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 13 Feb 2015, 3:15 pm

i just feel sorry for whomevers dad that is. I presume thats his wife to the left that looks embarrassed.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 13 Feb 2015, 3:24 pm

nathan wrote:i just feel sorry for whomevers dad that is. I presume thats his wife to the left that looks embarrassed.

She's okay with it so far. She has the handbag with the brick in it if he really begins to embarrass her.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 13 Feb 2015, 3:46 pm

That man is clearly having some kind of fit or stroke.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 13 Feb 2015, 3:47 pm

SecretFly wrote:
nathan wrote:i just feel sorry for whomevers dad that is. I presume thats his wife to the left that looks embarrassed.

She's okay with it so far.  She has the handbag with the brick in it if he really begins to embarrass her.

I dont know if a brick is going to be big enough

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 13 Feb 2015, 4:25 pm

lostinwales wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

She's okay with it so far.  She has the handbag with the brick in it if he really begins to embarrass her.

I dont know if a brick is going to be big enough

He'll eat it. And the handbag. Shortly followed by the wife. 

Like a blackhole.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 13 Feb 2015, 5:12 pm

... laughing

...but on a more serious note. To think we all worried about North!

There's a man that needs to probably be advised not to attend too many Internationals as he really does look a heart-attack waiting to happen.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 13 Feb 2015, 5:18 pm

Says a great deal for what we are expecting of tomorrow that the biggest thing we can get excited about is a picture of a guy with a big mouth.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:12 pm

Italy to run it up the middle all game then

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:13 pm

We best score a try so I can get my gif out... Very Happy

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:23 pm

Good ol inverdale hype!

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:25 pm

Actually worried that the rain is coming down. We'll probably try to much running rugby and make loads of handling errors.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by malky1963 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:27 pm

nathan wrote:Good ol inverdale hype!

Indeed - I assumed that the other 3 games had been played mid week behind closed doors and this is the Grand Slam stroll.

malky1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:30 pm

Laura looking lovely as per... rose
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:34 pm

Breadvan wrote:Laura looking lovely as per... rose

They never seem to show he body now, just her head lol

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:35 pm

Hopefully that shoves a rocket up their arses

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve_rugby Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:35 pm

Well done Italy.

Steve_rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:35 pm

There's yer wake up call....
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:37 pm

great start italy. bit against the run of play, but england look like they need something to fire them up bit!

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:40 pm

Don't think this ref will give us anything

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by FecklessRogue Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:42 pm

If anything Nathan Italy have always been hard done by by refs. Because they're seen as inferior they never get the benefit of the doubt.
FecklessRogue
FecklessRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by FecklessRogue Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:43 pm

Would love an upset, but England didn't panic, stayed disciplined and didn't chase it last week, against a much better team.
FecklessRogue
FecklessRogue

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:44 pm

That's not good

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:44 pm

nathan wrote:Don't think this ref will give us anything

Is he meant to?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:45 pm

FecklessRogue wrote:If anything Nathan Italy have always been hard done by by refs. Because they're seen as inferior they never get the benefit of the doubt.

True, but sometimes the refs go the other way. Usually the last 20 where they start to get tired.

Looks nasty for brown.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:45 pm

brown isnt coming back on after that.

watson to fb, but who to the wing? cips?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:46 pm

The Saint wrote:

Is he meant to?

What a surprise, an England thread and the Saint is straight here.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:47 pm

yeah, cips to 15 i reckon

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:47 pm

Watson at 15, 36 in to centre?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:49 pm

Means our centre combination will take a hit

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:49 pm

nathan wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Is he meant to?

I comment on many match threads. I'm home from the gym and relaxing in front of the tv whilst giving my one-eyed punditry on here. You didn't answer my question btw.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:50 pm

nathan wrote:Watson at 15, 36 in to centre?
looks like it. makes sense, i suppose, but i really wanted joseph to stay at 13 as hes playing so well there. at wing, i worry about his defensive positioning.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:50 pm

The Saint wrote:
nathan wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Is he meant to?

I comment on many match threads. I'm home from the gym and relaxing in front of the tv whilst giving my one-eyed punditry on here. You didn't answer my question btw.

If Italy transgress, yes he should.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:51 pm

Nasty bang to the head on Brown there.

Italy have started brightly, and have wasted 2 try's. I'm sure England will start turning the screw soon though.

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:52 pm

nice scrum. england need to stick it up their jumper, win set piece, play for territory and build up the points that way.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:56 pm

fatastically clean game so far. great recycling both teams. no slowing down. great to see

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:57 pm

Why are our backs so f-ing deep. This is what you seem to get from Catt, it kills forward momentum when we make inroads with the pack only to shift it 15 metres back immediately.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:57 pm

quinsforever wrote:fatastically clean game so far. great recycling both teams. no slowing down. great to see

It is, other than the last one.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:57 pm

God I hate John Lacey. He's just awful.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:58 pm

take the points

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:59 pm

when teams get tired and out of position i would expect a lot more slowing down obviously.

2nd half theres going to be a bit more i expect.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:59 pm

Lovely kick there

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 14 Feb 2015, 3:01 pm

Was Ghiraldini in at the side there...im not so sure...thought he was fine.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 3:02 pm

Not sure what's going on with line outs in this game so far, both teams have been crap

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 3:02 pm

Care is a better and smarter 9 than Youngs, even last week I thought Youngs was overrated.

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 14 Feb 2015, 3:02 pm

Haskell needed to be pushing in field there

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next