The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reflections on Tysons fight with the Hammer

+17
Commander
Strongback
Steffan
catchweight
ShahenshahG
milkyboy
RanjitPatel
Coxy001
AlexHuckerby
hazharrison
3fingers
AdamT
ONETWOFOREVER
Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
Adam D
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reflections on Tysons fight with the Hammer - Page 2 Empty Reflections on Tysons fight with the Hammer

Post by Adam D Tue 03 Mar 2015, 3:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just finished watching the fight this morning and was expecting a terrible fight based on the comments posted on the live action thread.

However, I was pleasantly surprised.

I admit that at times, Tysons jab was more of a flick but one of the commentators made a comment (who would have thought, hey?) about that he throws small compact arm hooks similar to how a welter might. To me, this was quite accurate towards the closing rounds.

Overall, I thought that Tyson put on another very polished performance. 

His movement was excellent and his variety of shots were very good as well - I really didnt see what wasnt to like. 

Hammer was poor but he was ranked 3 so it was a decent fight to take.

The best thing for me though, was Tysons punch output in the middle rounds - he was throwing a lot of leather and really working hard. It really didnt seem like a heavyweight fight which are usually quite slow paced. (similarly, Eubank Jr was throwing a huge amount of leather too in the closing rounds - equally as impressive).

So could someone explain to me why you all rated it such a poor performance?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Reflections on Tysons fight with the Hammer - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections on Tysons fight with the Hammer

Post by Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:03 am

I think a Fury Wlad fight would be an absolute stinker with neither of them really willing to engage. Wilder vs either is a much more attractive fight.

If Fury does win a belt I think I'll join that mission to Mars as I can't face living on a planet where he's world champ.

Group Cpt Lionel Mandrake

Back to top Go down

Reflections on Tysons fight with the Hammer - Page 2 Empty Re: Reflections on Tysons fight with the Hammer

Post by Scottrf Thu 05 Mar 2015, 11:20 am

The grapple is Wlad's biggest weapon. Would be interesting to see any fight without it and proper reffing, whoever his opponent is.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:06 pm

Scottrf wrote:The grapple is Wlad's biggest weapon. Would be interesting to see any fight without it and proper reffing, whoever his opponent is.

Imagine Mills Lane with this guy..............If Wlad won a shutout it would probably be 109-108 with all the points off..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:19 pm

sittingringside wrote:I'd be interested to see Furry take Wlad on in a sort of rugged, mauling match at close quarters. He's shown a bit of an appetite for that in the past, it's pretty difficult to imagine him winning at long range.

i like the idea that tyson furry will try and hug wlad. After all that nonsense with david haye threatening to decapitate the klitschko's, a little man love is heartening. We all need a cuddle now and then and the furrier the better. Well done  Tyson.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Thu 05 Mar 2015, 12:44 pm

Everything that Tyson is doing now is correct. He's using his height and working everything behind the jab, which surely for a guy with his overall attributes is exactly what he should be doing.

Is his jab crisp and sharp? No. It's a bit "flicky" but...

... Using his current technique I think he's nullifying guys that would usually have had some success in the past. He's playing it safe and ensuring he wins his rounds.

Against Wlad I just can't see his tactics working. His Jab would need to be a lot tighter, and despite the claims for Wlads chin being weak, I just don't think Fury has the power to take him out. Wilder may also be big enough to negate that jab, but he's more reliable in fights now, that's for sure.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 1:51 pm

He needs to ditch the southpaw shenenigans too.

His jab looked ridiculous from that stance. Thought that kind of backhand flick wasn't actually allowed.....

He has a longer reach than Wlad, but his jab probably has less authority.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2