The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
Eyetoldyouso
Nay
golfermartin
1GrumpyGolfer
pedro
MustPuttBetter
westisbest
hend085
barragan
mystiroakey
SmithersJones
Bob_the_Job
lorus59
Mad for Chelsea
MontysMerkin
JAS
puligny
kwinigolfer
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
super_realist
raycastleunited
beninho
Davie
navyblueshorts
Roller_Coaster
McLaren
31 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 06 Mar 2015, 11:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Super

I saw the first two sets and a bit, then went out to get dinner. Wish I had stuck around to watch it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Tue 12 May 2015, 5:36 pm

incontinentia wrote:That's your opinion.  Different cultures have different views on the matter. It's quite easy to avoid getting pregnant if you don't want to be, certainly much easier than going through the ordeal of an abortion.

inco

That is a bit of a shocker.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 9 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Tue 12 May 2015, 6:04 pm

in some cultures they eat the local old monkies and then breast feed the young as they have no mothers left to do it.

That's cultures for you.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 12 May 2015, 6:33 pm

mystiroakey wrote:in some cultures they eat the local old monkies and then breast feed the young as they have no mothers left to do it.

That's cultures for you.

Those bloody Irish.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 12 May 2015, 7:40 pm

Swindon 5 Sheff Utd 5, sounded a thriller.

Was going to watch it as well. Missed out there.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 12 May 2015, 8:20 pm

Bye-Bayern

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 12 May 2015, 8:32 pm

super_realist wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:in some cultures they eat the local old monkies and then breast feed the young as they have no mothers left to do it.

That's cultures for you.

Those bloody Irish.
He said culture.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 12 May 2015, 8:36 pm

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:Mac, I think you should take a look at their abortion laws before considering them more evolved in regards human rights. They force people to remain pregnant. How is that Human Rights?
It protects the Right to Life of the unborn. At least we have a written Constitution protecting the rights of cirtizens- unlike some places...
To state that the unborn is in fact a citizen is a religious claim, not a civil claim. The mother however, is a citizen. It should be nobody's business what she wants to do with her own body. And I'm sure, if she was religious, her creator would deal with her directly.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Tue 12 May 2015, 8:49 pm

I see the Daily Fail is claiming Tiger had a one night fling after being eliminated from the Farmers - precipitating his split from La Vonn. Does a Tiger ever change his spots or is this just Daily Fail being OTT again?

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 12 May 2015, 10:28 pm

Hoping for a barcelona real madrid final. Think it will be narky as Fk. Probably not one for the purists.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 12 May 2015, 11:02 pm

Right on ben. With Juve I fear it'd be boring catenaccio from their side, with Barca in possession.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 12 May 2015, 11:25 pm

Barca will brat juve. It will be different against real though. A lot riding on it aswell. Would be 4 wins in 6 years or something for barca and real would be the first team to regain the champions league I think?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 May 2015, 2:27 pm

Is anyone else getting a little excited about the publication of the black spider memos? For obvious reasons I am anti monarchy I would love to think this is the beginning of the end for them. I know that is unlikely but hopefully this will remove some of the goodwill they royals got from the endless royal wedding and baby stories of the last few years.

And always remember this. The queen believes that she has literally been placed on earth by the hand of a god.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 13 May 2015, 2:32 pm

What are they likely to reveal Mac, and how credible are they?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 13 May 2015, 2:33 pm

I doubt the queen believes that Mac, i think they(all the royals) just realise they are lucky bstards and are only still there to aid our standing, economy and tourism.

But yeah the constant media attention drives me mad..

And the black spider memos seem interesting.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 May 2015, 2:37 pm

They are credible in that Prince charles actually wrote them and they will be released by the cabinet office on their website as part of a guardian freedom of information battle.

They will reveal whatever it was the Prince Charles wrote to ministers about. Hopefully they contain something that will deeply compromise the royal families position, although as I noted this is unlikely. At best they will be a serious bit of PR damage that will ensure Charles starts his reign as an unpopular monarch. After that, who knows?

My hopes are not high that they will change anything, but I feel it is important that the guardian fought and won the case for freedom of information.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 13 May 2015, 2:42 pm

I'm not sure anyones life in unduly influenced by their existence Mac, I'm not a fan, but they don't really impact on my life other than being a minor irritant.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 May 2015, 2:52 pm

mysti

You do realise that the queen is head of the church of england?

And our coins contain the phrase ‘Elizabeth II, by the Grace of God, Queen, Defender of the Faith’

Or at least that is what it translates to.

watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLcJWIPWHqY

specifically about 6.20
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 13 May 2015, 2:59 pm

Ironic Mac when faith cannot be defended.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 May 2015, 3:04 pm

Notice the canopy and missing footage of the actual moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYay408Rd7c
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 13 May 2015, 3:23 pm

Yeah i get that Mac- it doesn't mean any of us(including the royals need to actually  believe any of it)

I am going of to watch my beautiful queen with dragons.

season 5 ep 5 game of thrones.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0d/Daenerys_Targaryen_with_Dragon-Emilia_Clarke.jpg

Now that is a queen i would get on my knee for.

Last edited by mystiroakey on Wed 13 May 2015, 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 May 2015, 3:25 pm

No spoilers please mysti, I have not started watching season 5 yet. I am going to wait until the season is over and watch all the episodes in quick succession.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 13 May 2015, 3:27 pm

Best way. I wish I could wait to binge it

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 13 May 2015, 4:08 pm

Memos will be somewhat redacted and, going forward, I don't think this'll be able to happen again under an FOI request.
Worst case? Charlie looks a bit daft.
In principle, the Monarchy isn't for me but Lord knows I don't want to have any more elections for some other Head of State.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 13 May 2015, 4:34 pm

navy

You are right, it is a real hassle all this voting and living a democracy stuff. You know there are countries you could emigrate that don't have such troublesome chores. I have heard Saudi Arabia has some pretty nice weather in the winter, although not sure about the golfing options.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 13 May 2015, 4:56 pm

McLaren wrote:navy

You are right, it is a real hassle all this voting and living a democracy stuff.  You know there are countries you could emigrate that don't have such troublesome chores.  I have heard Saudi Arabia has some pretty nice weather in the winter, although not sure about the golfing options.
no women drivers either Run
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 13 May 2015, 9:41 pm

I have no dislike of real madrid but for Ronaldo bale and James to be so poor is shocking. And a cast off has bite them over both legs. Juventus are good but surely it's going to be another barca European cup. They can open a Berlin room at the camp no soon I'm sure.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Thu 14 May 2015, 7:48 am

You are right, it is a real hassle all this voting and living a democracy stuff.  You know there are countries you could emigrate that don't have such troublesome chores.  I have heard Saudi Arabia has some pretty nice weather in the winter, although not sure about the golfing options.
Democracy! You are deluded I'm afraid. A democracy should offer choice. The current political system does not.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 14 May 2015, 8:33 am

As well as a 🤷 emoticon, we really need a :yawn: one, but Rolling Eyes will have to do.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 May 2015, 11:26 am

I am sorry you feel that way Navy. If you don't mind sharing it with us, what has made you so apathetic?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 14 May 2015, 11:38 am

It's you Mac, not the process.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 14 May 2015, 12:47 pm

Until everyones vote counts for something then democracy in this country is screwed. Its always been the case though. 33% of the vote should not make 100% of the decisions.

Proportional representation is needed, even if it means UKIP has a bigger say. You live with what the people want.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 14 May 2015, 1:00 pm

beninho wrote:Until everyones vote counts for something then democracy in this country is screwed. Its always been the case though. 33% of the vote should not make 100% of the decisions.

Proportional representation is needed, even if it means UKIP has a bigger say. You live with what the people want.

Make voting mandatory then.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 14 May 2015, 1:05 pm

beninho wrote:Until everyones vote counts for something then democracy in this country is screwed. Its always been the case though. 33% of the vote should not make 100% of the decisions.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
How about the above for starters Mac?

In addition, I don't think I have the stomach for the scheiss the U.S. populace have to put up with in the election of their President, Senate and HoR. I'm sure it could be done with a mimimum pain for all concerned, but I doubt it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 14 May 2015, 1:06 pm

super_realist wrote:

Make voting mandatory then.
That won't make for better Government. I'd rather a "None of the above" option than that.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 14 May 2015, 1:07 pm

I've never really felt any benefit or detriment when either main party has been in.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu 14 May 2015, 1:07 pm

well i waited 1 hour in line at my local polling station. Pretty sure 99% voted cons in my area- but still.

i bet if i went a mile down the road to lewisham i wouldn't have had to wait because people can't be bothered to get of their ass to vote and then whinge because the tories won!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 14 May 2015, 1:30 pm

Mandatory voting wont change it, the government could still "win" with 30/40% of votes. And in some areas it makes not a difference what you vote. My tory MP won with a nigh on 20k majority.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Thu 14 May 2015, 3:08 pm

beninho wrote:Mandatory voting wont change it, the government could still "win" with 30/40% of votes.

In a two party system then it would be closer to a model that means the winning party would need to have 51% of the vote, but even then it's not guaranteed.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 May 2015, 4:14 pm

Navy

I wouldn't object to PR, but not having it now doesn't mean you shouldn't highly value the privileged position we are in having a democracy and vote at all.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 14 May 2015, 5:39 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy

I wouldn't object to PR, but not having it now doesn't mean you shouldn't highly value the privileged position we are in having a democracy and vote at all.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I appreciate the privilege. Shame about many of the representatives in Government and the way politics now is though.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 14 May 2015, 6:06 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

Oh, don't get me wrong. I appreciate the privilege. Shame about many of the representatives in Government and the way politics now is though.

I don't think any party has ever done anything out of altruism for the electorate. It seems they only want to contradict the opposition and stay in jobs.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 May 2015, 9:12 pm

Do your shots make "the sound"?

https://twitter.com/EuropeanTour/status/598941046207324160
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 14 May 2015, 9:15 pm

Also, just discovered the term wetter than an otters pocket. And it seems a bbc weather person fell foul of a cheeky tweet, and inadvertently used the term.

Wetter than an otters pocket.... and it is too.:

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 15 May 2015, 7:59 am

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

I don't think any party has ever done anything out of altruism for the electorate. It seems they only want to contradict the opposition and stay in jobs.

Hmmm not quite sure about that. The Labour Government founding the NHS in 1948 was pretty altruistic... And the subsequent Tory governments trying to dismantle it are sort of the other way round would you not say?
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 15 May 2015, 8:49 am

Well, and purely playing devil's advocate, you could also argue it was also an attempt to pull the ultimate "look at us aren't we good to you voters people?" vote pulling. Similarly any Tory attempts to re-structure (read dismantle) might be argued as an attempt to save all you voters people and the country some money. It is supposition, but even in 1948 I think there will have been political based thoughts on whether it would be a vote winner or governmental suicide alongside the moral arguments.

Now, that's not how I view it and I do think it was predominantly done for the good of the country, just suggesting that even the most apparently "black and white" issue may not necessarily have been as clear cut as it seems and may have had political undertones. Out of curiosity, (if anyone knows) how did the vote go in the House of Commons to get the NHS bill through?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 15 May 2015, 9:08 am

Wembley Wembley! Finishing third in league 2 would have been good, but (hopefully) winning the play off final at wembley would be much better!

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 15 May 2015, 9:12 am

Well that's one way of looking at it I suppose. Ultimately though I think building stuff instead of tearing it down is just that bit nobler IMVHO. Although I do think the Tories crowning achievement is the Cones Hotline, as opposed to Labour with NHS, implementation of Beveridge report, Human Rights Act, Scottish and Welsh devolution, minimum wage, Racial Discrimination Act, legalisation of abortion, Open University, Health & Safety at Work Act, Civil Partnership Act, Kosovo intervention, reform of House of Lords, London Mayor.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 15 May 2015, 9:15 am

London Mayor? Scraping the barrel there Monty.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 15 May 2015, 9:20 am

Oh no I think you'll find putting the arch buffoon Boris in the public eye was a stroke of genius. When he's prime minister we will all be able to shake our heads saying wtf????
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Fri 15 May 2015, 9:21 am

MontysMerkin wrote:Well that's one way of looking at it I suppose. Ultimately though I think building stuff instead of tearing it down is just that bit nobler IMVHO. Although I do think the Tories crowning achievement is the Cones Hotline, as opposed to Labour with NHS, implementation of Beveridge report, Human Rights Act, Scottish and Welsh devolution, minimum wage, Racial Discrimination Act, legalisation of abortion, Open University, Health & Safety at Work Act, Civil Partnership Act, Kosovo intervention, reform of House of Lords, London Mayor.

laughing

That sir, is an amazing post. I doff(?) my cap to you. You had me at "the Tories crowning achievement is the Cones Hotline" but the nod to Monty Python in the "what have the Labour Party ever done for us?" element is the (red) cherry on the top of a beautiful, moist, succulent, breakfast cake of a post. clap clap clap

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next