The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+27
Eyetoldyouso
Nay
golfermartin
1GrumpyGolfer
pedro
MustPuttBetter
westisbest
hend085
barragan
mystiroakey
SmithersJones
Bob_the_Job
lorus59
Mad for Chelsea
MontysMerkin
JAS
puligny
kwinigolfer
I'm never wrong
incontinentia
super_realist
raycastleunited
beninho
Davie
navyblueshorts
Roller_Coaster
McLaren
31 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Sat 7 Mar - 10:20

First topic message reminder :

Super

I saw the first two sets and a bit, then went out to get dinner. Wish I had stuck around to watch it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by mystiroakey Fri 5 Jun - 2:10

super_realist wrote:I think he's got aspergers or something West, he's been weird for a few months, even by his deranged standards.

A few months Shocked

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 5 Jun - 3:03

super_realist wrote:The term "athlete" should never be used in golf.
Now where's that :splitting_hairs: icon gone???
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 5 Jun - 3:04

raycastleunited wrote:Read in the Metro newspaper (aka gossip rag) today that the USGA require Caitlyn Jenner to obtain a new handicap following gender re-assignment surgery.

The press are putting a spin on it that it's terrible discriminatory behaviour, but surely this is a great example of treating this person as a lady - women play a different course to the men and so the handicap should reflect this.
Spot on for me.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 5 Jun - 3:13

I still don't get why you would need a new handicap even if you did change what tees you played from?

Don't all sets of tees have their own SSS/slope. So in the same way your handicap can travel to different courses it can travel to different tees?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 5 Jun - 3:27

Hmm. Asexual handicaps. Quite like that.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 5 Jun - 3:29

On a random topic. Just watched the clip in the link below. Mildly amusing, but how sad is it that a politican like Miliband can't recite a story about his own kid (assuming true!) without repeatedly consulting a (presumably, PR-written) script? Churchill must be turning in his grave.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-33010690
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Fri 5 Jun - 5:25

I always had a lot more respect for any members of senior management in my old job who could talk eloquently and informatively on a topic that was relevant to their job, but they were unprepared for. Say, in a meeting, where a different topic came up that wasn't on the agenda.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 5 Jun - 21:42

I just watched the facebook baby video, it is a pretty weird thing to do a baby. Is it child abuse?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Fri 5 Jun - 22:12

Mac - depends who made you watch it!

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 5 Jun - 22:16

laughing
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Mon 8 Jun - 5:09

Norwegian Women's football team heart heart

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 9 Jun - 19:59

Will anyone be reading Shane Ryans "Slaying the Tiger", he of Patrick Reed fame? It seems to consist of chapters specific to one player and tries to reveal something interesting about their backstory, personality etc. Word is that there is a pretty interesting section on Dubuisson.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 9 Jun - 20:04

Just read the blurb as usual Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Tue 9 Jun - 20:06

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/jun/08/mckinney-texas-black-children-pool-violence

So, a white person begins racially harassing a bunch of black kids having a pool party, the cops are called, and the response of course is directed not at the harasser but at the kids, with one fifteen-year-old girl being thrown to the ground an hand-cuffed, and at some point a gun is pulled. Meanwhile, a white bloke intervens and isn't yelled at to "get on the ground!" while another white person is allowed to film the whole scene without the police addressing him in any way.

Still, no racism to see here, eh? Whistle

Doesn't make me sad like the writer of the article, it makes me really angry...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 9 Jun - 20:31

super_realist wrote:Just read the blurb as usual Mac.

How exactly did you construe that I had claimed to have read the book?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue 9 Jun - 20:33

What you usually do on a subject is skim read something very quickly or look up Wiki and then act like you're an expert.
I didn't claim you had read it, I suggested that you read the blurb instead of reading the book as you appear to do on most topics.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Wed 10 Jun - 19:32

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/09/texas-police-officer-eric-casebolt-racial-profiling-lawsuit

an update on my previous post. Seems the officer already had a bit of a history, he's now resigned, which I suppose is a good thing. As expected though, the usual "one bad apple" discourse coming from the Police Department.

One of the good things resulting from the "selfie" trend seems to be that these incidents are now being filmed on a regular basis, which makes it harder for the police to deny they ever happened. It does seem to be bringing about heightened awareness of them, which can only be a good thing...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 17 Jun - 1:56

The wife is allowing me out for a game of golf on Sunday, it is my fathers day treat. Ill take that as my treat for the day, as a game of golf lasts a lot longer then a father days blowie...

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 17 Jun - 5:51

A LOT longer!!
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 17 Jun - 8:08

These must be the worst US presidential candidates in a very long time. Another Bush (although he's campaigning as just "Jeb", presumably to distance himself from the toxicity that is the Bush name), another Clinton and now....Donald f*cking Trump!!! picard
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 17 Jun - 18:25

Quite looking for to Trump's running. Should be a source of (almost) endless giggles.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 17 Jun - 20:04

What sort of name is "Jeb"?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 17 Jun - 20:07

I am assuming that you know, that its not actually his name?

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Wed 17 Jun - 20:31

It is a real name though
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Wed 17 Jun - 20:54

super_realist wrote:What sort of name is "Jeb"?

John Ellis Bush

EDIT So technically, Jeb Bush is John Ellis Bush Bush (no income tax, no VAT....)
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 18 Jun - 3:51

Bob_the_Job wrote:
super_realist wrote:What sort of name is "Jeb"?

John Ellis Bush

EDIT So technically, Jeb Bush is John Ellis Bush Bush (no income tax, no VAT....)

very good bob

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 18 Jun - 4:14

As distinct from his brother Dubya who was merely known as shrub.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 26 Jun - 22:54

"The terrorists" really hate the french.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Fri 26 Jun - 23:02

"Seven passengers - including two children - on the inaugural Ethiopian Airlines flight through Dublin claimed asylum at the airport’s immigration gates."
...kinda shoulda seen this coming really

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 26 Jun - 23:20

hend085 wrote:"Seven passengers - including two children - on the inaugural Ethiopian Airlines flight through Dublin claimed asylum at the airport’s immigration gates."
...kinda shoulda seen this coming really

Things must be bad in Ethiopia.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 26 Jun - 23:40

Nice one super.

Another attack in Tunisia too, pretty nasty by the sounds of it.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 26 Jun - 23:48

Bloody religious nutjobs. (i'm not talking about the Irish for once here)

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 27 Jun - 1:20

Shotrock/other USA residents

I decided to ask this away from kwini's thread as it is a little off topic.

Shotrock wrote:Super - "Not as free as I might think ..." ... I have no preconceptions of how "free" America is or is not. It's just what it is to me ... I'll leave others to opine on the various degrees.

I do often wonder if Americans realise just how unjust and full of inequalities the USA is compared to other modern western democracies.  In the important areas of justice, healthcare and welfare the USA is just outright cruel to much of its population.  As an outsider it appears like you should all be rioting in the street and asking those in power WTF they are trying to do to you!

I assume most Americans just don't know how modern countries can and should be run, and that they are entitled to expect better?

Last edited by McLaren on Sat 27 Jun - 1:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Last sentence didn't quite reflect what I wanted to say.)
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 27 Jun - 1:28

Re. Mac's post, above, it can stand for now but any contributions to a discussion such as he's advocating need to remain polite and non-inflammatory please.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 27 Jun - 2:26

I think you are probably right Mac, It appears to us on the outside that America view themselves as #1 and the most "free" despite the fact there are virtually no measures of societal health where they atually are #1 and where most other developed first world countries are just as, if not more free.

It would also seem that the likes of UNESCO and WHO also agree, as, when they rank countries in order of the best places to live based on many criteria, America doesn't fare too well.

I do like America and I do like Americans but it appears to me (in general) that they are rather insular as their education system leads them to have an over-inflated opinion of their own country's worth and standing in the world, and more crucially a poor understanding of what other countries are like (not to mention where they are)

I don't think that I've been too inflammatory with that summation.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sat 27 Jun - 2:35

Americans are the Millwall fans of the world ... "no one likes us and we don't care"

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 27 Jun - 3:03

McLaren wrote:"The terrorists" really hate the french.  
They stuck the guys severed head on the factory fence, apparently.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 27 Jun - 17:38

Yeah, shocking stuff in Tunisia alright.

Very sad. Those people went on holiday to have a good time, as you do, only for that to happen.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 27 Jun - 18:56

Is shane lowry going to wear black for the rst of the week in Germany? D(if he made the cut)

I would really think twice about going to a Muslim country for a holiday. I know they are not all hardline countries, it's just unfortunately the way of the world right now. I have so many Muslim friends and colleagues it's just a shame their whole religion is being tarred by the nut jobs.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Sat 27 Jun - 20:11

I've been to a couple of Islamic countries and even without these incidents, I'd be in no rush to go back. I prefer the more civilised ones

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sat 27 Jun - 21:26

I would never normally suggest that watching fox news would be a good idea but it must have provided some great viewing yesterday.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sat 27 Jun - 22:18

Their religion is in desperate need of a reformation.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 28 Jun - 2:38

Loved Tunisia when I spent a few weeks there years (decades) ago - ghastly atrocities there.

I think anyone questioning some of the facts of American life should be pleased to hear that that comprises much of Bernie's agenda for his challenge for the democrat presidential candidacy.
Bernie won't win but might introduce some basic "equality" issues into the discussion.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 29 Jun - 0:18

Now, this is pretty outrageous golf:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/33300570

59 y/o shoots a gross 57 (bet there aren't many 50-somethings who can say they've shot their age!), including 3, yes 3, holes-in-one. Wish I could have done that in yesterday's Medal....
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 29 Jun - 0:25

And two of them were eagles!!!

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Mon 29 Jun - 1:30

No, one was an eagle, two were albatrosses!
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 29 Jun - 2:20

SmithersJones wrote:No, one was an eagle, two were albatrosses!
I wrote that two were albatrosses the first time around, and couldn't believe it so I edited it. Thanks for the correction.

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Mon 29 Jun - 4:56

navyblueshorts wrote:Now, this is pretty outrageous golf:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/golf/33300570

59 y/o shoots a gross 57 (bet there aren't many 50-somethings who can say they've shot their age!), including 3, yes 3, holes-in-one. Wish I could have done that in yesterday's Medal....

That North Korean Dictator bloke will be very jealous, expect a 56 from there by next weekend!!

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 29 Jun - 5:34

You certainly don't see many fifty-somethings without a 2 on the card.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by barragan Mon 29 Jun - 5:51

3 aces, and won (obviously), whilst playing with his two sons who finished 2nd and 3rd.
+4 U.S. Handicap, which is probably equivalent to about a +1 U.K. Handicap.
Ex military.

Anyone else getting a little deja vu from this maverick-esque golfer tale...

barragan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next