The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX

+37
EST
Manky-Flanker
InjuredYetAgain
JonnyEdinburgh
alive555
TheMildlyFranticLlama
highland_scot
MacKnocked-on
Nematode
VinceWLB
des
justified sinner
cakeordeath
A Simply Mesmeric Try
lostinwales
IanBru
Prothero
Imperialbigdave
madmaccas
TJ
nickj
Eejit
Hazel Sapling
Tattie Scones RRN
RuggerRadge2611
demosthenes
EWT Spoons
CraigS1874
cp10
Weegie Wizard
funnyExiledScot
tigertattie
BigGee
Majestic83
GLove39
21st Century Schizoid Man
41 posters

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 14 Empty Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX

Post by George Carlin Sun 14 Jun 2015, 8:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Time Honoured Banter:
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 14 Dave-a10
https://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread
https://www.606v2.com/t51313-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-ii
https://www.606v2.com/t53119-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iii
https://www.606v2.com/t54519-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-iv
https://www.606v2.com/t55409-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-v-the-fun-continues
https://www.606v2.com/t56913p950-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-vi-banter-boogaloo
https://www.606v2.com/t57946-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-vii
https://www.606v2.com/t58659-glasgow-and-edinburgh-ongoing-banter-thread-viii

A. Edinburgh (2015-2016)
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 14 Patek10 
Players In
William Helu from Wasps
Nasi Manu from Highlanders
Nathan Fowles from Sale Sharks
Michael Allen from Ulster
Jack Cosgrove from Worcester Warriors

Players Out
Tom Heathcote to Worcester Warriors
Grayson Hart to Glasgow Warriors
Ollie Atkins to Exeter Chiefs
Tim Visser to Harlequins

B. Glasgow (2015-2016)
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 14 Flik_f10
Players In
Simone Favaro from Benetton Treviso
Grayson Hart from Edinburgh
Kieran Low from London Irish
Mike Blair from Newcastle Falcons
Sam Johnson from Queensland Reds
Greg Peterson from Leicester Tigers
Taqele Naiyaravoro from NSW Waratahs
Javan Sebastian from Carmarthen Quins

Players Out
Nikola Matawalu to Bath Rugby
Sean Maitland to London Irish
D.T.H. van der Merwe to Scarlets
Dougie Hall retired
Jon Welsh to Newcastle Falcons
Alastair Kellock retired
Murray McConnell to Nottingham
James Downey to Wasps
Tommy Spinks to Jersey
Euan Murray to Pau
Connor Braid released

Last edited by George Carlin on Sun 14 Jun 2015, 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX

Post by RDW Fri 21 Aug 2015, 7:38 pm

Edinburgh v Romania

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aKdnVTEyMTU2Nzc2fDY2NTU4MzM0xGTJyvt1D8MF5u0Wc77ESnPJ-LYUh5g4JrqTvd9KpeU=

Scrums are basically uncontested just now - we're getting absolutely destroyed! Winning 17-6 though

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 14 Empty Re: Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX

Post by RDW Fri 21 Aug 2015, 8:09 pm

Edinburgh win 31-16 - I hope for Romania's sake that wasn't their first choice team!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 21 Aug 2015, 8:28 pm

The weeg's marquee signing isn't in Australia WC squad is he? Does anyone know if he played in the 4N and is cup-tied to Oz? I am sure that the answer is somewhere in this thread but having read only the last two pages, I have lost the will to live and read any more!!

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Aug 2015, 8:31 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:The weeg's marquee signing isn't in Australia WC squad is he? Does anyone know if he played in the 4N and is cup-tied to Oz? I am sure that the answer is somewhere in this thread but having read only the last two pages, I have lost the will to live and read any more!!

He's not, but he is in the 10 Maj training squad who will also be available for selection for the upcoming game against USA.

I suspect they'll cap him then.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 21 Aug 2015, 8:39 pm

What the hell is a 10 Maj training squad?!

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Aug 2015, 8:51 pm

10 man.

Auto correct!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 21 Aug 2015, 8:55 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Edinburgh win 31-16 - I hope for Romania's sake that wasn't their first choice team!

Good start!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 21 Aug 2015, 8:57 pm

If they are only playing with 10 men, you would have to fancy Carlin Isles to be brought in to exploit the space, especially at scrum-time. laughing
My pre-season training of talking pish at work to "get in the zone" for these boards seems to have worked a treat

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:01 pm

"10 man training squad who will also be available" - you need to work harder in your pre season!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:02 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Edinburgh win 31-16 - I hope for Romania's sake that wasn't their first choice team!

Good start!

Roddy Grant hatrick and all round barnstorming game from him apparently.

Bresler yellow carded for a late tackle.

Normal service has resumed!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:30 pm

Or, maybe Bresler was just very early for the next tackle?
Can anyone who went give us a meaningful summary of the game? There isn't anything on the BBC or Scotsman websites.
RDW is right, though. If that was Romania's first team, they are in for a very long (or very short delendimng on your outlook) world cup. Although, it is of course just about possible that we may have a reasonable team this year?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:36 pm

I caught a bit of it on their live stream on this 'periscope' app (basically broadcasting a mobile phone video live' and our scrum was completely decimated. As in on our own ball we were generally blown away and gave several against the head (oh my!). That's a bit of a worry.

We did very well with the rolling maul though and, the ultimate humiliation for Romania, Jade Te Rure scored!!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:41 pm

Well I for one have always rated Te Rure.....

Is this Roddy Grant's way of saying he's good enough for international rugby??

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:43 pm

I think we knew that a while ago to be fair.

Du Preez also had a barnstorming game - hopefully he can stay fit this year!

Was hard to see how the youngsters got on due to a dodgy video stream with no replays or commentary.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:46 pm

It's ok, though. I am sure that Hilterbrand will step up and shore things up when it really counts picard How on earth did he get his contract extended?
Where is Rory Sutherland?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:47 pm

Must be injured. John Andress' scrummaging has never filled me with confidence too.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:54 pm

He must be injured, RDW. I genuinely had to check the WC training squad as I thought he must have been there when he wasn't even on the bench.
Its a big season for him as he must push on from an impressive first year as a pro. Carpe Diem (as Jock Dewar would say) when the WC is on as he may not get too much game time come Europe

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:57 pm

Well for some reason Allan Dell, who spent most of his first season injured, made it into the squad instead of Sutherland!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat 22 Aug 2015, 5:36 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:We did very well with the rolling maul though and, the ultimate humiliation for Romania, Jade Te Rure scored!!
Just a couple of kicks. Although the match report was written by someone on the wine methinks.

And now this new obsession with the medieval... First chain-mail armour now; "Ulster, a team Edinburgh know well, will provide a different battle for to-knights victors" 
Doh
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 22 Aug 2015, 8:14 am

A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:We did very well with the rolling maul though and, the ultimate humiliation for Romania, Jade Te Rure scored!!
Just a couple of kicks. Although the match report was written by someone on the wine methinks.

And now this new obsession with the medieval... First chain-mail armour now; "Ulster, a team Edinburgh know well, will provide a different battle for to-knights victors" 
Doh

I was under the impression he scored after a roddy Grant break!

Were you at the game?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat 22 Aug 2015, 8:36 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:
A Simply Mesmeric Try wrote:

Doh

I was under the impression he scored after a roddy Grant break!

Were you at the game?
Um, kinda. I was passing though Melrose and stopped to watch 10mins or so on my way north. I'm fairly certain it was du Preez who scored just before half time. I really want to find some highlights as the missus wasn't up for it so couldn't stay there long. 
Not a classic game but looked entertaining enough  king

Ahhh, you read the poorly written match report, yes?
"Two minutes from the whistle it was Grant again, crossing for his hat-trick, Te Rure finding the space between the sticks again to make the final score 31-16."
I had to read that twice and do some early morning maths to work out it was Grant who got the try and Te Rure only converting, not adding another try.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 22 Aug 2015, 8:45 am

From the Scotsman:

The capital side then pulled away as first Grant set up a try for Te Rure which the stand-off converted and Grant himself completed his hat-trick with a burst from a lineout maul, Te Rure’s conversion completing the scoring

Although to be fair the journalist may have just copied the Edinburgh match report!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Sat 22 Aug 2015, 9:00 am

Haha, oh well looks like I was wrong in thinking it was 4 converted tries and a penalty.
So after all that, I stand corrected and Te Rure did score! I might be a secret Te Rure fan. From what I've seen, he's got some sublime touches. How old is he?

Fowles looks like he should practise his kicking.
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 22 Aug 2015, 9:08 am

He's certainly early 20s.

Aye he's got a good running game but can't pass, tackle, kick or run a game! Very Happy

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Sat 22 Aug 2015, 9:00 pm

Sounds just like the detailed job spec for any advert for a number 10 at Edinburgh

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 23 Aug 2015, 7:32 am

Peter Murchie appointed Glasgow captain for the year (until the World Cup is finished, anyway), presumably as a result of bullying, intimidation and lobbying campaigns from some of the more influential posters on these boards:
4 Retweets 12 favorites
21 Aug
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 14 CdhWxg3F_normalIan MacGilp@IanMacGilp
@GlasgowWarriors Great choice. Murchie is the heart and soul of the club, and a very dependable player.
Retweeted by Glasgow Warriors
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 23 Aug 2015, 8:50 am

Aye he's the terror of the west end is Rowdy McGilp. Tennants falls silent every time he barges through the batwing doors. If his skinny chai latte is not waiting by the time he gets to the bar there's hell to pay.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 23 Aug 2015, 1:58 pm

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 24 Aug 2015, 11:08 am

Looks to be confirmed that Mike Coman is still Edinburgh captain.

Assuming that he'll struggle to make the bench, never mind starting, I hope that is just 'club' captain!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 24 Aug 2015, 11:42 am

He's certainly not the sort of captain you would get onto your desk lid for.

Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 14 Captai10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 24 Aug 2015, 1:22 pm

Isn't that the photo from Al Kellock's retirement dinner? O captain! My Captain!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 24 Aug 2015, 2:17 pm

George Carlin wrote:Peter Murchie appointed Glasgow captain for the year (until the World Cup is finished, anyway), presumably as a result of bullying, intimidation and lobbying campaigns from some of the more influential posters on these boards:
4 Retweets 12 favorites
21 Aug
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 14 CdhWxg3F_normalIan MacGilp@IanMacGilp
@GlasgowWarriors Great choice. Murchie is the heart and soul of the club, and a very dependable player.
jimbopip wrote:Aye he's the terror of the west end is Rowdy McGilp. Tennants falls silent every time he barges through the batwing doors. If his skinny chai latte is not waiting by the time he gets to the bar there's hell to pay.

You're not wrong boys. This is the last time I went into Tennants:

Tough as a slice of CalMac toast, I am.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 24 Aug 2015, 2:21 pm

Well the good news for Glasgow is that Cusack being released means you don't need to rely on 2 tighthead props who are yet to start shaving they're so young!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 24 Aug 2015, 2:30 pm

Bonus. I presume this means that Big Mike, Hughes, Bryce and Scotland's Future Captain are now on the plane to Canada for Saturday's friendliest international fixture ever.

If we're losing in the past 10 minutes, we just need to tell the Canadian captain that this is all a bit impolite. They'll give us the necessary points and then make us pancakes afterwards to say sorry.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 24 Aug 2015, 6:09 pm

IanBru wrote:
George Carlin wrote:Peter Murchie appointed Glasgow captain for the year (until the World Cup is finished, anyway), presumably as a result of bullying, intimidation and lobbying campaigns from some of the more influential posters on these boards:
4 Retweets 12 favorites
21 Aug
jimbopip wrote:Aye he's the terror of the west end is Rowdy McGilp. Tennants falls silent every time he barges through the batwing doors. If his skinny chai latte is not waiting by the time he gets to the bar there's hell to pay.

You're not wrong boys. This is the last time I went into Tennants:

Tough as a slice of CalMac toast, I am.

Hacksaw Heggarty The Hen Choker... Many's the fun evening I had with her.

p.s. Bru you win simile of the week OK

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 24 Aug 2015, 7:33 pm

Aye but Jimbo/Bru I cannot see many MFLs wandering into Tennants never mind asking for their 'usual' - Campari and soda !

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 24 Aug 2015, 8:52 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Aye but Jimbo/Bru I cannot see many MFLs wandering into Tennants never mind asking for their 'usual' - Campari and soda !
Laugh Laugh

I'm laughing because Campari is so last year.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 25 Aug 2015, 7:40 am

So looks like Edinburgh and Glasgow's transfers are all but done, so thought I'd look at the makeup of the final squad (on the train heading south for work and am bored). Someone feel free to do Glasgow.

LH
Dickinson
Sutherland
Dell
Shiells
Cosgrove

Hooker
Ford
Mcinally
Cochrane
Turner

Tighthead
Nel
Andress
Berghan

Lock
Bresler
Gilchrist
Toolis
McKenzie
Toolis

6/8
Denton
Du Preez
Manu
Coman
Bradbury
Ritchie

Grant
Watson

Hidalgo-Clyne
Fowles
Kennedy
McAndrew

Stand off
Tonks
Te Rure
Kinghorn
(Burleigh)

Centre
Scott, Burleigh, Strauss, Dean, Allan, Beard

Wing
Helu, Fife, Hoyland, Brown, Katoa

Fullback
Cuthbert
McLennan

So in my mind this gives a 23 of:

1 Dickinson
2 Ford
3 Nel
4 Bresler
5 Gilchrist
6 Du Preez
7 Watson
8 Denton

9 Hidalgo-Clyne
10 Tonks
11 Helu
12 Scott
13 Dean
14 Fife
15 Cuthbert

Subs - Sutherland, McInally, Andress, Toolis, Manu, Fowles, Burleigh, Brown

Some key points:

- I think that is one of the strongest squads we've had in many years. No more excuses left for Solomons. If we don't make the top 6 it will be a massive disappointment. It's now or never really

- We have enough strength in depth in most positions that Solomons' (non) rotation policy will surely be a thing of the past

- We have particular strength in depth in the pack, and have a bit of a logjam of young talented looseheads. Our backup tighthead options aren't ideal, but not many teams have great depth there.

- Our backs are still quite workmanlike, and lacking a bit of spark. We've not really answered the 13 problem, and are still in a position where our best midfield could involve Matt Scott (12) at 13. Hopefully Chris Dean's knees can hold together and have a breakthrough season. Expecting big things from Helu.

- Still concerns at 10 with Tonks yet to fully convince, and the backup options being very raw (and crap in Te Rure's case  Very Happy ). Burleigh can do a job there but it isn't a long term solution.

So all in all I'm quietly confident. Our pack was one of the best in the league last year, and if anything it is even stronger this year. I think our season will very much depend on the backs though - if we can learn how to use them (especially the wingers) then we stand a much better chance of making top 6. Luckily Solomons has been making positive noises regarding this subject recently, acknowledging that we need more from the back.

Prediction - 6th place, knock out stages of Europe

Nice to have - stand a chance of a top 4 place up until the end of the season

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 25 Aug 2015, 9:01 am

Whilst I agree our pack is very good, they got well and truly man shamed in the scrum against Romania.

I know Romania are an international side, and our first choice front row were with Scotland, but it was men against boys.

TH is still a worry as Nel can’t surely play every game (outwith the WC) again, and Andress is a poor replacement. No idea how good Berghan is, but he’s tall for a prop so could struggle, but would like to see him get a chance.

I’m hopeful though that we can bring our backs into play and actually use them this season.

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 25 Aug 2015, 9:11 am

You're right about that - rugby banter page even did a feature on how badly man-shamed Edinburgh were!

Apparently Romania's first choice front row came on a halftime though, and Shiells at loosehead is probably our 4th choice - Sutherland and Dell should hopefully improve things. Sutherland especially often dominated his opposite man last season. Romania are particularly renowned for scrummaging too - they smashed Scotland in the last world cup!

I certainly don't think we're going to be dominant until our first choice returns but I'm hoping we'll at least be able to hold our own during the world cup. Especially given most other teams will be missing first choice front rows.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Tue 25 Aug 2015, 9:35 am

Problem is that Dell and Sutherland are both LH and I fully agree Sutherland did very well last season (I’d have probably had him in the WC training squad ahead of Dell), but it still leaves us very weak at TH. I think Dell can technically play both sides, but I’ve yet to see anyone play the opposite side well.

You’re right about Romania’s scrum and we still managed to get a fairly convincing win against them, but it is a concern, especially for the first few weeks of the season.

Big season for Solly. We need to see some improvement in the league, as this is very much his team now, and I think he has (on paper) a team capable of doing well

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by cp10 Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:00 am

Rumour is Glasgow are signing Gloucester prop Sila Puafisi

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/Sila-Puafisi-set-Gloucester-exit-Glasgow-Warriors/story-27667221-detail/story.html

cp10

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:18 am

cp10 wrote:Rumour is Glasgow are signing Gloucester prop Sila Puafisi

http://www.gloucestercitizen.co.uk/Sila-Puafisi-set-Gloucester-exit-Glasgow-Warriors/story-27667221-detail/story.html
Woah. Here's the most attention grabbing part of that article:
Puafisi started just 15 matches since arriving [at Gloucester] and picking up four yellow cards and one red.
OK
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:20 am

I wonder if he likes a kebab?

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Tue 25 Aug 2015, 10:45 am

[Sigh] Time to update the dramatis personae...
Glasgow and Edinburgh: Ongoing Banter Thread IX - Page 14 Batman-Classic-TV-Series-The-Penguin-Collector-Action-Figure-30
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 25 Aug 2015, 11:16 am

Laugh, laugh laugh.
And a new nom de guerre.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 25 Aug 2015, 11:32 am

Can we call him

PSYCHO PENGUIN???

Last edited by jimbopip on Tue 25 Aug 2015, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 25 Aug 2015, 12:23 pm

EWT Spoons wrote:Problem is that Dell and Sutherland are both LH and I fully agree Sutherland did very well last season (I’d have probably had him in the WC training squad ahead of Dell), but it still leaves us very weak at TH.  I think Dell can technically play both sides, but I’ve yet to see anyone play the opposite side well.

You’re right about Romania’s scrum and we still managed to get a fairly convincing win against them, but it is a concern, especially for the first few weeks of the season.  

Big season for Solly.  We need to see some improvement in the league, as this is very much his team now, and I think he has (on paper) a team capable of doing well

The other scrum issue against Romania is that Cochrane is pretty lightweight at hooker. Teams with small hookers seem to struggle these days. France murdered the England set piece with wee Tom Youngs at 2.

I would like to see Berghan and Sutherland at prop, with Turner tested at hooker. Andress, Cochrane and Dell to come off the bench. It's just unlucky that we're losing both Ford and McInally, but it's really Glasgow's fault for not having any decent hookers.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by cakeordeath Tue 25 Aug 2015, 12:50 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Well for some reason Allan Dell, who spent most of his first season injured, made it into the squad instead of Sutherland!

I forgot about Sutherland. Personally I would have had both of them in the squad.

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 25 Aug 2015, 5:40 pm

cakeordeath wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:Well for some reason Allan Dell, who spent most of his first season injured, made it into the squad instead of Sutherland!

I forgot about Sutherland. Personally I would have had both of them in the squad.

Sutherland should certainly have been in the Scotland squad ahead of Dell, although I think with Dickinson, Reid and Grant the final squad was always going to be a step too far.

I'm still surprised by the decision to ditch Cusack in favour of Welsh. I'd love to hear the rationale for that.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 21 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 17 ... 21  Next