The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly season transfer rumours III...

+61
DaveM
Recwatcher16
chris_501
whocares
RDW
Pot Hale
PhilBB
Knackeredknees
nathan
international198
Driver
TheMildlyFranticLlama
kingelderfield
stnick88
LeinsterFan4life
doctor_grey
englishborn
LordDowlais
BigGee
NeilyBroon
Seagultaf
mckay1402
beshocked
bluestonevedder
sad_gimp
geoff999rugby
MonkeyOwain12
exile jack
Fluxy
Rugby Fan
Artful_Dodger
WELL-PAST-IT
Heaf
profitius
Margin_Walker
munkian
Ozzy3213
George Carlin
Geordie
No 7&1/2
Cumbrian
BamBam
HongKongCherry
propdavid_london
stub
Bathman_in_London
True Raven
ChequeredJersey
king_carlos
formerly known as Sam
lostinwales
mikey_dragon
LondonTiger
Sgt_Pooly
jbeadlesbigrighthand
demosthenes
Welly
yappysnap
Bathite
VinceWLB
Hazel Sapling
65 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 10 Empty Silly season transfer rumours III...

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:33 am

First topic message reminder :

Aaron Jarvis has signed for Clermont (http://www.planetrugby.com/news/ospreys-prop-jarvis-to-join-clermont/). The Osprey's signed Rhodri Jones as a replacement I guess.

Steve Shingler (of is he eligible for Scotland or not fame) has gone to the Blues. Straight swap of Shingler for Patchell. Hope Cardiff are paying less as Scarlets got the better player (http://www.planetrugby.com/news/shingler-swaps-scarlets-for-blues/)

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 10 Empty Re: Silly season transfer rumours III...

Post by Guest Mon May 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Bath board seem pretty certain that Ford Jr and Sr have had a big non-rugby related fall out. Maybe the only thing keeping Mike in his job was the worry that George would follow him, but now Bruce feels that is unlikely to happen. Probably just Love sacks though, as are most internet rumours.

Back to top Go down

Silly season transfer rumours III... - Page 10 Empty Re: Silly season transfer rumours III...

Post by LondonTiger Mon May 16, 2016 7:28 pm

From Bath Chronicle

There is a real danger George Ford has played his last game for Bath Rugby

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon May 16, 2016 7:39 pm

Where would he go? He's hardly being setting the world alight lately so I doubt clubs would want to break the back for him.

Sarries, Tigers, Quins, Wasps......no

I doubt Exeter would be in for him, possibly Sale? We've already got 3 under performing FH's....

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Mon May 16, 2016 7:55 pm

Saracens would be interesting, if not only to see beshocked go into full reverse in how much he rates him! Doubt he will go but if a fly half as good as him becomes available clubs will be interested.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Mon May 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Saints?

10) Ford
12) Mallinder

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon May 16, 2016 9:05 pm

I think half the AP would be interested in Ford. Sale, Bristol and Falcons would literally beg for him to join them. Tigers may be more interested next summer dependent on whether Williams is tempted home, Quins would be open given Nev has little time left in him and only Jackson as an alternative. Saints have been trying to find a replacement for Meyler for a while and Ford would fit well there. Gloucester haven't had a reliable ten for a while and Hook isn't getting any younger. He'd be a step up to anything Worcester have.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Mon May 16, 2016 9:47 pm

Knowing Ruaridh Jackson's luck he'll be off to Quins in no time!

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Mon May 16, 2016 9:52 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Saracens would be interesting, if not only to see beshocked go into full reverse in how much he rates him! Doubt he will go but if a fly half as good as him becomes available clubs will be interested.

Sorries don't need him as they've already picked up the very very highly rated Alex Lozowski from Wasps....I know I couldn't believe they'd let him go either.

As for Ford to Saints, well that could actually work but really he should get over himself, knuckle down and remind us all what talented player he is by doing the business at the Rec.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon May 16, 2016 9:55 pm

Sam,

I wouldn't be bothered with Ford. He's not what we need. We have similar players to him...Catterick, young Willis and Hodgson returning...not to mention Delayney.

Id prefer a Younger version of Andy Goode to control the game for us far better.

But Willis is the one that I think will take the spot permanently soon.

So that's a no from the Falcons.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon May 16, 2016 10:10 pm

To be fair I think Ford has done ok since Cook has stayed at 9 and he did well for England. The first half of the season at Bath with his pack going backwards, RWC fatigue and Matawalu passing skills he struggled. Lack of effort hasn't been his issue, wasn't a Tigers either, young play makers make errors. We've seen Farrell rush out the line or have the red mist. We've seen Ford over complicate and sometimes overplay. Happens.

Ford, Mallinder, Burrell would be excellent but a little forward thinking for Saints.

Geordie, I've watched Ford since he was 16 playing for the A league team. He's head and shoulders above all your ten options and looked more assured at 16 than Delaney does at 30 something for you guys this season. Players like Goode aren't readily available and whilst Willis has a load of potential Ford would walk into your first team if you could convince him to join. Goneva running onto his flat passes and his well weighted crossfields into the hands of Hammersley and Watson.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Mon May 16, 2016 10:18 pm

Hes played very well...but purely on passing alone...Catterick plays some of the best passes ive seen from a falcons 10 in years. Catterick is a frustration....as he should have nail that spot by now.
Willis is a genuine one to watch.  

I genuinely wouldn't be ectstatic by us signing Ford.

PS I don't rate Delayney in the slightest and would ship him out.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Mon May 16, 2016 10:25 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:Bath board seem pretty certain that Ford Jr and Sr have had a big non-rugby related fall out. Maybe the only thing keeping Mike in his job was the worry that George would follow him, but now Bruce feels that is unlikely to happen. Probably just Love sacks though, as are most internet rumours.

Heard a rumour that Snr and Jnr aren't too close at the moment and that Mike was cheating on his Mrs with one of the physios and that George was the one to tell his mother.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Mon May 16, 2016 10:34 pm

Catterick and Willis will be off soonish anyway.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Mon May 16, 2016 10:34 pm

Driver wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:Bath board seem pretty certain that Ford Jr and Sr have had a big non-rugby related fall out. Maybe the only thing keeping Mike in his job was the worry that George would follow him, but now Bruce feels that is unlikely to happen. Probably just Love sacks though, as are most internet rumours.

Heard a rumour that Snr and Jnr aren't too close at the moment and that Mike was cheating on his Mrs with one of the physios and that George was the one to tell his mother.

Heard that too although wasn't going to post as it is fairly intimate.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue May 17, 2016 2:24 am

England fly half, player of the year last year. People have short memories. Same thing happened to faz a few years back and people slaughtered him for it, now look at him.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue May 17, 2016 5:00 am

He needs to start producing.....soon.

Ford has had a truly awful year, he's looked a shadow of the previous excellent fly half, full of potential.

I don't think Ford would suit too well with Falcons, he needs a dominant pack so I'm with GF. He's obviously better than anything we have by a distance(on form) but I don't think he'd be a good fit. I'd take Flood back within a heartbeat...

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue May 17, 2016 7:13 am

This has to be difficult for Ford The Younger and we need to be a bit sympathetic to that.

However - surely Ford knows someone older than 30 years old in the business who has seen a little bit of the world and can tell him that moving as an act of protest about his dad is short sighted and fundamentally unprofessional.

Nobody (his dad probably most of all) would think it disloyal if he stays and unless it makes sense to move to a club that can give him first choice status in a structure that will support him and a quality of team mate that means he stands a chance of winning a few things, he potentially setting his career back. I agree with the posts above - he would cost a fortune and unless there genuinely isn't a first choice in the position in a top 6 club, what incentive do top 6 sides have to elbow their incumbent aside and wedge him into the process?

If, on the other hand, he has seen Owen Farrell recently take centre stage in world club rugby and be instrumental in winning a major tournament and wants a piece of that, then that is natural but he needs to grow up a little bit and realise that sometimes the other guy gets a turn. His club massively underachieved this year, but he is only a kid who has moved recently - he needs to see this contract out and then decide what is next.

I wouldn't like to see him turn into a Sonny Bill-esque club hopper.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue May 17, 2016 8:48 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Saracens would be interesting, if not only to see beshocked go into full reverse in how much he rates him! Doubt he will go but if a fly half as good as him becomes available clubs will be interested.

Ford is a fine player when in form but like most players he has his weaknesses.

Think he would enjoy playing with the powerful Sarries pack like any 10 should.

Very unlikely that Saracens would sign Ford as the club believe Farrell = deity.

I don't - Farrell Jr has his flaws but he's a fine 10 too.

Lozowski could indeed be a good signing kingelderfield.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue May 17, 2016 9:18 am

I'm still suprised how little rugby Wasps gave Lozowski. He always looked good, still young, strange.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue May 17, 2016 10:44 am

Ford could go to Sarries as 10 and play Farrell at 12 but that would risk alienating Farrell as well as having to drop Barritt or Taylor to fit them.

Quins or Saints make the most sense for me should he move. Quins have Jackson (who should play a lot more than he has) and Saints JJ but Jackson is unknown at the Quins and JJ has not lit Saints alight.

Ultimately Bath is the best situation for him. The pack will be much improved (surely?), he will learn to play with a unpredictable 9 (Mata or Kahn) and he has a fantastic backline to work with. Who would Bath get if Ford did leave?

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue May 17, 2016 11:04 am

Bath have had such a clusterF of a season on and off the pitch but have a good squad. With a new coach they can only get better.

I was reading about the Maki incident yesterday. Doh

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue May 17, 2016 12:43 pm

Rumours galore around Wasps
Symons apparently going to replace Davies
Wade off to Bristol

Not sure either one will happen though.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue May 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Wade to Bristol would make no sense! I'd guess that's just agent talk to try to pump up contract negotiations a tad. When Wade last re-signed with Wasps I think he and his agent would have had eyes on a BIG contract next time around with many expecting him to be a star international by now. As things have transpired it will probably take a tad more bargaining.

Symons to Wasps would make sense though. It would be a shame for LI but playing next to Launchbury would help both of them develop I'd imagine.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue May 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Hazel Sapling wrote:

Ultimately Bath is the best situation for him. The pack will be much improved (surely?), he will learn to play with a unpredictable 9 (Mata or Kahn) and he has a fantastic backline to work with. Who would Bath get if Ford did leave?

I think there was talk Matawalu would be played in the back three next season with Cook and Khan as the 9s.

Bath have struggled up front with injuries and losing James. James hasn't been replaced. No experienced hooker coming in, they have at least got a tackle machine in the back row to replace Burgess as Denton has been as much use as a chocolate frying pan.

Bath's head of recruitment really dropped them in it last season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue May 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Can't see it being agent spin yet, as I would of thought one of the big rugby gossips (fissler etc) would be the ones to say it.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue May 17, 2016 12:56 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:

I think there was talk Matawalu would be played in the back three next season with Cook and Khan as the 9s.

Bath have struggled up front with injuries and losing James. James hasn't been replaced. No experienced hooker coming in, they have at least got a tackle machine in the back row to replace Burgess as Denton has been as much use as a chocolate frying pan.

Pretty sure Faletau doesn't mind the odd tackle
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Tue May 17, 2016 1:34 pm

munkian wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:
Hazel Sapling wrote:

Pretty sure Faletau doesn't mind the odd tackle

That's what FKAS said!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue May 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Wasps don't seem to have many academy products really:

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by international198 Tue May 17, 2016 2:06 pm

Leicester Tigers have signed former Cardiff RFC back rower Luke Hamilton from Agen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36311187

international198

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Tue May 17, 2016 2:11 pm

Steffon Armitage wants to leave Toulon for the Premiership. Toulon are willing, if the price is right.

http://www.planetrugby.com/news/armitage-asks-to-leave-toulon/

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Tue May 17, 2016 2:44 pm

Welly wrote: Wasps don't seem to have many academy products really:

Not sure if this is a wind up or not. But Cooper Wolley, Launchbury, Haskell, Simpson, Cipriani, Daly, Wade doesn't seem like a too shabby alumni off the top of my head. Plus Tom Rees. Sure that a wasps fan will correct me on some of these but not sure why their academy is coming in for flack.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue May 17, 2016 2:51 pm

Cooper-Woolley was not in Wasps academy, but you did miss Joe Simpson

Last edited by LondonTiger on Tue May 17, 2016 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue May 17, 2016 2:51 pm

Welly wrote: Wasps don't seem to have many academy products really:

I think they're a bit like Tigers where as they produce a gem every few years rather than a constant turnout of decent AP players.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue May 17, 2016 3:03 pm

Launchbury isn't technically a wasps academy product either.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue May 17, 2016 3:06 pm

Billy Vuinipola?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue May 17, 2016 3:08 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Billy Vuinipola?

I'm on about in their squad now.

Not ever.

Was just wondering out of all the teams that get criticised about academy squad usage Wasps never really get mentioned.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue May 17, 2016 3:11 pm

Welly wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:Billy Vuinipola?

I'm on about in their squad now.

Not ever.

He was developed by Wasps though. They have a pretty good record when it comes to producing top talent. It'll be interesting to see if this continues with the boundaries etc.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue May 17, 2016 3:14 pm

Welly wrote:Launchbury isn't technically a wasps academy product either.

Yes and no. Quins released him as not good enough at 18, Wasps picked him up almost immediately - so he was in both academies.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue May 17, 2016 3:15 pm

Wasps picked him up a year after he was dropped by Quins.

Would of been 19 and falls outside the credits.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue May 17, 2016 3:16 pm

If Heinrich Brussow isn't a done deal then Armitage to Wasps would make sense with Smith leaving, their cheque book and style of pay.

Sarries - Fraser
Exeter - Salvi, Armand, White
Wasps - Smith leaving and they'll want a replacement. Young is a great talent though.
Tigers - O'Connor, McCaffery and young Will Evans
Saints - Harrison, Clark, Wood, Gibson
Sale - Braid, Seymour, Lund, Ioane
Quins - Robshaw, Wallace, Clifford
Gloucs - Kvesic
Bath - Louw
Worcs - Not the money
Falcons - Latu has been excellent and if the money were available it would be used elsewhere

Bristol - Jack Lam is a star performer
Donny - money wont be 'right'

Wasps are the best fit although with Joubert, Burger and Brown gone Sarries might be able to afford him. With Fraser there I'd presume they won't bite though.

Last edited by king_carlos on Tue May 17, 2016 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue May 17, 2016 3:16 pm

Wasps problem now is that by moving to Coventry they have cut the link with the Public Schools they used to use.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue May 17, 2016 3:17 pm

Although didn't they have to get rid of the academy for a few years.

So prob would of affected any flow as well.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue May 17, 2016 6:02 pm

News on radio is that Wasps are interested but have had no contact with Toulon.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue May 17, 2016 6:06 pm

king_carlos wrote:If Heinrich Brussow isn't a done deal then Armitage to Wasps would make sense with Smith leaving, their cheque book and style of pay.

Sarries - Fraser
Wasps - Smith leaving and they'll want a replacement. Young is a great talent though.
Gloucs - Kvesic
Bath - Louw
Worcs - Not the money
Falcons - Latu has been excellent and if the money were available it would be used elsewhere

Wasps are the best fit although with Joubert, Burger and Brown gone Sarries might be able to afford him. With Fraser there I'd presume they won't bite though.

Won't schalk be a 7 for Sarries?

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue May 17, 2016 7:33 pm

Welly wrote:Saints?

10) Ford
12) Mallinder
Anything is possible, but I don't think he fits with Saints. They prefer at least a modicum of a defensive presence and stability in their fly halves. Already burned by signing Ryan Lamb a few years ago.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue May 17, 2016 7:47 pm

Being reported on sky sports that la roux to wasps is a done deal

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue May 17, 2016 8:08 pm

Don't see how clubs wouldn't be happy to sign Ford. We already have Jackson but with Nev getting on I'd be delighted to sign Ford too. Though he wouldn't be cheap and we could spend the money elsewhere. Need some forwards and most of all a 9
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Tue May 17, 2016 8:14 pm

Wasps obviously got a miss print on the salary cap, must of had a couple of extra 00 on the end

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue May 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Welly wrote:
king_carlos wrote:If Heinrich Brussow isn't a done deal then Armitage to Wasps would make sense with Smith leaving, their cheque book and style of pay.

Sarries - Fraser
Gloucs - Kvesic
Bath - Louw
Worcs - Not the money

Won't schalk be a 7 for Sarries?

Doh Yep he is. Knew I'd forget something!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue May 17, 2016 8:49 pm

doctor_grey wrote:
Welly wrote:Saints?

10) Ford
12) Mallinder
Anything is possible, but I don't think he fits with Saints.  They prefer at least a modicum of a defensive presence and stability in their fly halves.  Already burned by signing Ryan Lamb a few years ago.

Yet you play Myler. Ford is a much better defender imo. At least he tries to tackle, whereas Stevie does a Les "Speedbump" cusworth impression.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next