The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+20
navyblueshorts
pedro
superflyweight
Roller_Coaster
beninho
Diggers
westisbest
Davie
puligny
1GrumpyGolfer
kwinigolfer
dynamark
Hibbz
JAS
I'm never wrong
SmithersJones
MontysMerkin
Be_the_ball
Eyetoldyouso
raycastleunited
24 posters

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 4 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Thu 09 Mar 2017, 11:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Corbyn I guess.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 21 Mar 2017, 10:31 am

If you're talking about Sustainable and Transformation Plans for health and social care, then yes I am. And god help us all, I reckon Hunt is going to be able to retire a billionaire by the time he's finished, the effing winker.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Tue 21 Mar 2017, 10:42 am

No. The secret tour pro twitter account.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 21 Mar 2017, 11:14 am

Has he been found out to be a fat lad living with his mum in wakefield? as most people suspected.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 21 Mar 2017, 12:32 pm

beninho wrote:Has he been found out to be a fat lad living with his mum in wakefield? as most people suspected.

Pretty much.

Although it seems the account my not have just fabricated being a tour pro but also acted fraudulently towards people asked to contribute to the STP website.

Plus something about them also claiming to be a pilot on another twitter account. All pretty odd.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 21 Mar 2017, 12:57 pm

What made me laugh was people actually thought it was Adam Scott. It was a bit of a joke initially but I'm guessing he started believing the hype.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:03 pm

ben

I have to admit being fooled by it. Although I never thought it was Adam Scott or any of the other players mentioned, I did assume it was someone with some very insider info. Possibly a caddie or rogue journalist.

What gave the account some credibility is that current and former players interacted with the STP. So clearly even they didn't know it was all a sham.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:38 pm

Meanwhile McGuinness, surprised nobodys mentioned it yet but will he /should he be remembered more as a terrorist or a peacemaker??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:39 pm

JAS

A terrorist who managed to get some political power.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:45 pm

McGuinness? An unrepentant killer.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:49 pm

How would you classify Mandela then Mac, the same??

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:52 pm

I'd imagine unless you grew up in Ireland, living through the height of the troubles, it's hard to make a judgement about his actions. I have absolutely no doubt there was a great deal of illegal brutality dished out by all parties.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Tue 21 Mar 2017, 1:58 pm

The guy was an illegal terrorist fighting against legal terrorists. Well thats what it looked like.

As mentioned already, with no real knowledge or links to the problems in Ireland, its hard to make a judgement.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Tue 21 Mar 2017, 2:07 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:McGuinness? An unrepentant killer.
Like most of the armed forces round the world...
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 21 Mar 2017, 2:08 pm

Diggers wrote:I'd imagine unless you grew up in Ireland, living through the height of the troubles, it's hard to make a judgement about his actions. I have absolutely no doubt there was a great deal of illegal brutality dished out by all parties.

Indeed Diggers although there will be people in Birmingham, Guildford, Warrington etc who will say it wasn't just N.I. Then there's the old saying "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter" I would guess the vast majority of people who lost anyone close to an IRA atrocity will understandably think terrorist. On the other hand had he not came to the negotiating table there's a fair chance people would still be tearing lumps out of each other over something that doesn't matter as much as life itself.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 21 Mar 2017, 2:32 pm

McLaren wrote:
beninho wrote:Has he been found out to be a fat lad living with his mum in wakefield? as most people suspected.

Pretty much.

Although it seems the account my not have just fabricated being a tour pro but also acted fraudulently towards people asked to contribute to the STP website.

Plus something about them also claiming to be a pilot on another twitter account.  All pretty odd.

Maverick?

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue 21 Mar 2017, 5:28 pm

raycastleunited wrote:Apprently Norway is the happiest place on earth: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-39325206

Denmark 2nd place.
Both countries rank among the highest per capita users of antidepressants. Whistle

The US on top of this list though. (Since last November probably further fueled by western Vermont...?)

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Tue 21 Mar 2017, 8:07 pm

JAS wrote:How would you classify Mandela then Mac, the same??

I meant to put a question mark after my comment, but no I wouldn't classify Mandela and Marty as the same sort of person.

Would you?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 21 Mar 2017, 8:10 pm

Can you qualify why not Mac?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Tue 21 Mar 2017, 9:38 pm

McLaren wrote:Anyone following the unmasking of the STP?
Err, no. Who cares?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue 21 Mar 2017, 10:02 pm

McLaren wrote:
JAS wrote:How would you classify Mandela then Mac, the same??

I meant to put a question mark after my comment, but no I wouldn't classify Mandela and Marty as the same sort of person.

Would you?

Fascinating.

A leading light and self styled representative of an seemingly oppressed section of a society who felt that at one point that the only option left was violent struggle but who eventually came back to the conclustion that the only real way to solve their particular problem was through dialogue. Which one does that not describe??

For the record I know there's a lot more to it than that but I'd like to hear how you feel they are so different

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue 21 Mar 2017, 10:12 pm

I do like the irony of Blairs staunch defense of a man who (for good or bad) has blood on his hands. Transferring much Tony?

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 22 Mar 2017, 12:41 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Err, no. Who cares?

Bit harsh. There are plenty of other topics, if you're not interested move on.

As it happens, I don't care either, but Mac was only trying to start a conversation...

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 22 Mar 2017, 12:45 pm

It's how to moderate a harmonious and welcoming forum.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 22 Mar 2017, 2:46 pm

MontysMerkin wrote:It's how to moderate a harmonious and welcoming forum.

Have you got a link Monty?

Very Happy

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:00 pm

What's going on at Westminster?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:07 pm

Shots are reported to have been fired close to the Houses of Parliament in central London.
Politicians and journalists have tweeted about hearing loud crashes outside the buildings,
Witnesses said they saw people being treated for wounds and reported seeing a man with a knife in the grounds.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:10 pm

Pedestrians mown down by a car too by all accounts.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:36 pm

I won't believe a thing until I hear the official response from the White House . . . . . Run

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Mar 2017, 3:54 pm

Dunno but reuters tweeting some pretty grisly photos.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Mar 2017, 4:08 pm

Quite surprising there has been no claim of responsibility yet.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by puligny Wed 22 Mar 2017, 7:22 pm

Just keep Trumps thumbs off his phone!!
Perp, a well known long standing radical nut job - allegedly! Former sidekick of Abu Hamsa and Choudray.

puligny

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Mar 2017, 7:37 pm

Might have guessed it would be another religious nut job.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 23 Mar 2017, 8:06 am

puligny wrote:Just keep Trumps thumbs off his phone!!
Perp, a well known long standing radical nut job - allegedly! Former sidekick of Abu Hamsa and Choudray.
It's OK. His d!ckhead son is tweeting well enough for him...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 23 Mar 2017, 8:07 am

raycastleunited wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Err, no. Who cares?

Bit harsh. There are plenty of other topics, if you're not interested move on.

As it happens, I don't care either, but Mac was only trying to start a conversation...
Take the point. I should know better.

MontysMerkin wrote:It's how to moderate a harmonious and welcoming forum.
I wasn't posting as a Mod, you plum Cool .
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 23 Mar 2017, 12:19 pm

super_realist wrote:Might have guessed it would be another religious nut job.

Has that been confirmed?

I know May said he had been known to MI5 many years ago but that is it, not even a name.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Thu 23 Mar 2017, 12:40 pm

IS have apparently claimed it, although whether that actually is the case or not who knows.

F***ing C***s all of them that do this sort of crap wherever, whenever, whyever and for whoever.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Mar 2017, 12:50 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:Might have guessed it would be another religious nut job.

Has that been confirmed?

I know May said he had been known to MI5 many years ago but that is it, not even a name.

A statement said it's an assumption based on intelligence Mac. No doubt plenty people will be blaming our "foreign policy" rather than the idiocies of a bunch of fanatical, maniacal carpet sniffers.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 23 Mar 2017, 1:09 pm

This is a main driver why people voted for Brexit.

(even though this has nothing to do with the EU)

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 23 Mar 2017, 1:13 pm

raycastleunited wrote:This is a main driver why people voted for Brexit.

(even though this has nothing to do with the EU)

This is true and its pretty scary.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Mar 2017, 1:17 pm

Could happen anywhere, makes you wonder how you'd react to that situation.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 23 Mar 2017, 5:43 pm

super_realist wrote:the idiocies of a bunch of fanatical, maniacal carpet sniffers.

What have lesbians got to do with it?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 23 Mar 2017, 5:53 pm

That's carpet munchers Mac.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 23 Mar 2017, 7:06 pm

Depends what they are into I guess. Erm
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 24 Mar 2017, 8:32 am

To be honest I'm surprised it hasn't happened more often. We don't seem to realise that continued military action in the middle east will have consequences. Not excusing the actions of the terrorist but I think some acknowledgment of the UK involvement should be made. We don't even see it on the news any more it's become so 'normal'.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Mar 2017, 9:05 am

You could perhaps say that Monty, if such things hadn't also happened in Denmark and Belgium, hardly purveyors of aggressive foreign policy are they? How about attacks in Bali, or Spain, again hardly causing much trouble in the middle east are they? It's a convenient excuse, but it doesn't really hold water. If it was about foreign policy then this would be happening in America every day.

However, there is never an excuse for this sort of behaviour, regardless of what "provocation" is perceived.

I'm also surprised it doesn't happen more often. The backwardness of Islam is apparent, the justification is in their revolting book and it takes no planning or effort really to carry out such an act.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 24 Mar 2017, 9:19 am

super_realist wrote:You could  perhaps say that Monty, if such things hadn't also happened in Denmark and Belgium, hardly purveyors of aggressive foreign policy are they? How about attacks in Bali, or Spain, again hardly causing much trouble in the middle east are they? It's a convenient excuse, but it doesn't really hold water. If it was about foreign policy then this would be happening in America every day.

However, there is never an excuse for this sort of behaviour, regardless of what "provocation" is perceived.

I'm also surprised it doesn't happen more often. The backwardness of Islam is apparent, the justification is in their revolting book and it takes no planning or effort really to carry out such an act.
Belgium is heavily involved in 'interventions' overseas.
We're at war whether we like it or not, I'm just surprised that this is not mentioned more often.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Mar 2017, 9:30 am

It's hardly one of the countries you associate with it, their level of involvement is nothing like that of America or GB. What about Denmark, yes, they're involved but they were attacked mainly because of a bloody cartoon, what about Bali? They aren't. Are Spain? possibly, but to a lesser degree.
Canada?
Time we stopped blaming ourselves like bloody George Galloway and actually held those responsible for it, to be responsible.

If you look at what ISIS are doing in the middle east, it's not because of the west, it's because of the system they want to impose there. They aren't chucking gays off buildings, making woman be covered from head to toe, blowing up historic monuments, closing educational establishments because of the west. They're just religious nut jobs. Nothing else.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Fri 24 Mar 2017, 9:34 am

There is nothing wrong with Islam, there is issues with people being idiots. I work with and have Muslim friends, not one has attempted to kill me or call me an infidel, mainly because they are not idiots.

The guy that did this attack was known to police and been in and out of jail before he converted. He is a messed up bloke using Islam to continue with his general behaviour.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Mar 2017, 9:51 am

There is plenty wrong with Islam, just as there is with every other religion. Saying your friends haven't attempted to kill is irrelevant.
I haven't had my life threatened by a Christian either, but it doesn't mean there is nothing wrong with Christianity, there's a boat load wrong with it.

Yes, he had a violent past, but plenty in his situation have not. Islam is clearly not doing enough to stop radicalisation.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by MontysMerkin Fri 24 Mar 2017, 10:41 am

super_realist wrote:It's hardly one of the countries you associate with it, their level of involvement is nothing like that of America or GB.
That's the point though - you don't know anything about it and performing the same ignorant knee jerk reaction as the daily flail will no doubt come to.
So what's the end game? Kill all muslims? Or is it to keep a nice steady stream of taxpayers cash into the 'defence' budget with no questions asked? And if they are asked you are accused of being anti western or hating your country.
MontysMerkin
MontysMerkin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 20  Next