The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather vs Ortiz

+48
alfredperami
Michaels, Sean
Small Time
Davie
Union Cane
HumanWindmill
Imperial Ghosty
paperbag_puncher
Mr Bounce
Knowsit17
Michael Easton
BALTIMORA
superflyweight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Peacehavenboy
samevans1
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Rowley
Dinamita
The genius of PBF
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Young_Towzer
coxy0001
Boxtthis
Seanusarrilius
OasisBFC
whotobeA
sweet_pea
BoxingFan88
Scottrf
Ronikara
manos de piedra
Day V Lately
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
bellchees
Youarethegreatest
Colonial Lion
Daz
88Chris05
J.Benson II
WelshDevilRob
mikeymax71
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
Liam_Main
azania
joeyjojo618
Lumbering_Jack
Fists of Fury
52 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Mayweather vs Ortiz - Page 4 Empty Mayweather vs Ortiz

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 07 Jun 2011, 5:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

It's on. Sept 17th for Ortiz's WBC title. Thoughts?

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs Ortiz - Page 4 Empty Re: Mayweather vs Ortiz

Post by Eric Da Cat Wed 08 Jun 2011, 7:52 pm

Well its not a great matchup is it, lets be honest with one another, wasn't too long ago on bbc 606 Coxy and Trussman were calling Ortiz a quitter when he was getting his backside handed to him by Maidana, not forgetting Mr Ortiz drew with the extremely ordinary Lamant Peterson 6 months ago. Lets not get carried away because we're Floyd fans, Ortiz is on paper no better than Joshua Clottey.

Is it a bad matchup ?? Absolutely not, but it isn't a great matchup either.

The thing what gets me, why is Floyd not fighting Manny Pacquaio, its the only logical fight out there, doesn't matter who either fight we will draw negative thoughts about the opponent simply because these two are so far ahead of the pack.

Mayweather hammers Ortiz by the way, very good matchmaking, I'm not getting my knickers in a twist, so why are so many??

Well I guess i'll stick to rapping, since the Floyd/Manny bores clog the net for tittle/tattle childish arguments.

Peace Out, I'm an Animal

Eric Da Cat boxing
Eric Da Cat
Eric Da Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 08 Jun 2011, 7:58 pm

Ortiz is at least coming off a win rather than a loss

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:04 pm

I believe it is the absolute best match-up out there. Manny is tied up with JJM and Ortiz is the best of what's left. As a business decision it is also very good as Floyd can go into any negotiations as the WBC champ, taking away one bargaining chip Team Pac may have.

The timing of the fight is very good seeing as many observers will see floyd beat a bona-fide champion (assuming he does win) who has been well marketed and promotted by GBP as opposed to Pac's defence against JJM. Its all business and Floyd is doing it better than Team Pac.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:08 pm

I doubt Mayweather would have paid the sanctioning fee to the WBO anyway, he generally only recognises the WBC

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:12 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:I doubt Mayweather would have paid the sanctioning fee to the WBO anyway, he generally only recognises the WBC

The argument goes that the wbc have been kind and generous to him as he generates huge income for them. But nevertheless, Team Pac cannot say that he doesn;t hold a belt and can manipulate a better deal for themselves.

As for sanctioning fees, Floyd and Pac are bigger than the governing bodies now. Whoever wins their fight would be recognised as the best regardless of belts. Didn't MAB once give up all his belts but was still seen as the best?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:14 pm

Barrera was the ring magazine belt holder at the time which is the most meaningful title out there

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:17 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Barrera was the ring magazine belt holder at the time which is the most meaningful title out there

Good for him. It shows that some are bigger than the recognised sanctioning bodies.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:20 pm

Well its not a great matchup is it, lets be honest with one another, wasn't too long ago on bbc 606 Coxy and Trussman were calling Ortiz a quitter when he was getting his backside handed to him by Maidana, not forgetting Mr Ortiz drew with the extremely ordinary Lamant Peterson 6 months ago. Lets not get carried away because we're Floyd fans, Ortiz is on paper no better than Joshua Clottey.
Coxy calls a few fighters quitters, very easy thing to say when you've NEVER HAD A FIGHT in your life, And Trussman does really? what after that heartless hypejob Don Curry quit on his stool haha? Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:21 pm

The ring magazine is recognized by the IBHOF who now determine what the genuine titles are

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

To be fair Towzer the bird i'm gonna be nailing once she's back from travelling is 21 (ex tried to go "away for a weekend" during cricket season)

Bearing in mind i'm 29 but look 25 i find it thoroughly acceptable

Least i know what she means about liking the mature man though as opposed to guys her age
Yeah i believe that, like i also believe Ricky Hatton still weighs 10 stone. You remind me of Jay out the inbetweeners, all sex talk, but you just know your a virgin who sits in front of the PC calling fighters 'quitters' with 40 keyboard fights and a few dust ups on fight night round 3

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:26 pm

Says the ultimate keyboard warrior

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:27 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:To be fair Towzer the bird i'm gonna be nailing once she's back from travelling is 21 (ex tried to go "away for a weekend" during cricket season)

Bearing in mind i'm 29 but look 25 i find it thoroughly acceptable

Least i know what she means about liking the mature man though as opposed to guys her age
Yeah i believe that, like i also believe Ricky Hatton still weighs 10 stone. You remind me of Jay out the inbetweeners, all sex talk, but you just know your a virgin who sits in front of the PC calling fighters 'quitters' with 40 keyboard fights and a few dust ups on fight night round 3

I recall you calling Ortiz gutless and heartless.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:39 pm

Says the ultimate keyboard warrior
no, i don't disagree with everything people say to be controversial, Ali. I suggest you look at who it was addressed to Very Happy cheers.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:41 pm

I recall you calling Ortiz gutless and heartless.
can't remember that like, but you remember a lot, get it up? i think i've always said he acted daft for 2 mins of his life but isn't a quitter he's one of my best boxers. A guy like yourself though, who disagrees just to be awkward would cause an argument in an empty house, i bet you've had some hidings in your time haha?

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:42 pm

C'mon guys - you've been warned at least twice now - by Windy and by me.

Play nicely or it's time for temp bans to be handed out

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:45 pm

Young Towzer: Coxy calls a few fighters quitters, very easy thing to say when you've NEVER HAD A FIGHT in your life,
-------
How'd you know he's never had a fight in his life? I suppose you on the otherhand are a right hard case ay? Didn't you used to offer people out on the old 606?
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:45 pm

Phillip Zimbardo has jumped straight into my head now

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:48 pm

How'd you know he's never had a fight in his life? I suppose you on the otherhand are a right hard case ay? Didn't you used to offer people out on the old 606?
no, get me up where i did, OH NO YOU CAN'T because i didn't, no im not hard, wish i was as hard as you though lol

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:49 pm

No Southy don't be modest, we're all in awe of your obvious toughness

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:50 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:I recall you calling Ortiz gutless and heartless.
can't remember that like, but you remember a lot, get it up? i think i've always said he acted daft for 2 mins of his life but isn't a quitter he's one of my best boxers. A guy like yourself though, who disagrees just to be awkward would cause an argument in an empty house, i bet you've had some hidings in your time haha?

That was quite funny actually.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:52 pm

OK, let me echo what the others have said. Calm it down please. Yoga anyone?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 08 Jun 2011, 8:53 pm

Did someone slap an "IGNORE ME" sticker on my forehead while I wasn't looking?

Final warning to ALL - back to topic or temp bans will be handed out. And no, I can't be bothered to look back and see who started and I won't listen to any pathetic excuse about "he started it".

It's gone beyond banter. It stops here or the bans start getting handed out

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:06 pm

Soooo...what's happening..?

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:10 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:Well its not a great matchup is it, lets be honest with one another, wasn't too long ago on bbc 606 Coxy and Trussman were calling Ortiz a quitter when he was getting his backside handed to him by Maidana, not forgetting Mr Ortiz drew with the extremely ordinary Lamant Peterson 6 months ago. Lets not get carried away because we're Floyd fans, Ortiz is on paper no better than Joshua Clottey.
Coxy calls a few fighters quitters, very easy thing to say when you've NEVER HAD A FIGHT in your life, And Trussman does really? what after that heartless hypejob Don Curry quit on his stool haha? Very Happy

I'm 4-0 in my playground career with 2 TKOs i'll have you know

Oh, and i spent a fair while sparring in my late teens/early 20s as well as other drills. Does that suffice?

After he fought Maidana he earned the quitter tag himself. I don't remember being particularly vitriolic about it like you seem to suggest though and from memory i backed him to win against Peterson and didn't think he'd have enough against Berto - but he surprised most with that one and i wasn't so stupidly sure to have a bet which is usually a good sign of when i don't give someone a chance.

If you're going to get a bit abusive with the banter at least try and keep the insults boxing related in terms of a whole point. I've just had to re-read that to make sure it contains no big words.

Are we dealing with southpaw_20 guys? Seems strangely like him and bearing in mind he knows of us from the old 606 i'd hazard a guess it is. Either that or it's Darren, and if that's the case i give it about 3 more hours before he's banned! Wink

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:11 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Soooo...what's happening..?

Floyd Mayweather gives Ortiz a boxing lesson

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:14 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:Well its not a great matchup is it, lets be honest with one another, wasn't too long ago on bbc 606 Coxy and Trussman were calling Ortiz a quitter when he was getting his backside handed to him by Maidana, not forgetting Mr Ortiz drew with the extremely ordinary Lamant Peterson 6 months ago. Lets not get carried away because we're Floyd fans, Ortiz is on paper no better than Joshua Clottey.

Oh, and i spent a fair while sparring in my late teens/early 20s as well as other drills. Does that suffice?

After he fought Maidana he earned the quitter tag himself. I don't remember being particularly vitriolic about it like you seem to suggest though and from memory i backed him to win against Peterson and didn't think he'd have enough against Berto - but he surprised most with that one and i wasn't so stupidly sure to have a bet which is usually a good sign of when i don't give someone a chance.

If you're going to get a bit abusive with the banter at least try and keep the insults boxing related in terms of a whole point. I've just had to re-read that to make sure it contains no big words.

Are we dealing with southpaw_20 guys? Seems strangely like him and bearing in mind he knows of us from the old 606 i'd hazard a guess it is. Either that or it's Darren, and if that's the case i give it about 3 more hours before he's banned! Wink

Stay on topic coxy...Davie has sent out a final warning for everyone.

Victor Ortiz is the best opponent out there for Floyd Mayweather to fight.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:18 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Soooo...what's happening..?

How delightful of you to ask Balti

Well, i've just finished implementing a forum on a fishing cms website, it was so much fun i tell thee. No drinking a few tinnies before heading to bed.

And i've just noticed FMJ has been installed as a 1/8 favourite against Ortiz. FMJ by UD is 4/5 and FMJ inside 12 is 2/1

I'm starting to veer towards a big UD, there's just this sneaking feeling he could do to Ortiz what he did to Corrales.

Bearing in mind a UD is a near certainty for most then 4/5 is cracking odds!!!!!!!!!

£100 on UD for me returns an £80.00 profit, double that with Manny inside 12 and you've got £280 back off £100

Skybet have the full big range of odds if anyone's interested

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:21 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

I don't disagree he isn't the best available at the weight. PWill or Martinez @ 154 would be a bigger challenge, but that's near enough suicide going up against those 2 at the weight.

And bearing in mind most of my point was talking about the fight and answering a question/statement pozed by towser/southpaw i suggest you re-read my post again. Properly this time preferably.

If not then just stay schtum Shantel and i'm sure i won't have to remind you you've already been banned once from here and about 3 times from the old 606.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:22 pm

£100 on UD for me returns an £80.00 profit, double that with Manny inside 12 and you've got £280 back off £100

I think Manny will get beat by the overrated fat lightweight Marquez, well i do if i listen to what everyone says about their fight previously, Manny UD

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:23 pm

If not then just stay schtum Shantel and i'm sure i won't have to remind you you've already been banned once from here and about 3 times from the old 606.
lmaooo

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:25 pm

p.s. if we can't have a bit of banter on the side i don't see the point of coming on here. I haven't read the topic since i finished work (about 20 mins ago) and so don't know how bad things got.....

Naturally lets try and keep a lid on it guys. Remember, 5 words on topic for every 1 off Wink

So, is everyone going to pile onto the UD with me and Manny by stoppage? Odds as a double is 11/4 which i think is fantastic as Manny is a near dead cert to stop Marquez (just way too big for him now, add in he's more powerful, an improved fighter and just as quick means i can't see any other outcome) and FMJ should stroll to a wide UD.

Anyone going to rinse skybet with me?

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:28 pm

I would Coxy but have a feeling Mayweather will force a stoppage against Ortiz

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:29 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:£100 on UD for me returns an £80.00 profit, double that with Manny inside 12 and you've got £280 back off £100

I think Manny will get beat by the overrated fat lightweight Marquez, well i do if i listen to what everyone says about their fight previously, Manny UD

Their previous fight was on an even keel.

Regarding the weight and the whole "ring weight" mess: Does Manny punch harder than he did at superfeatherweight? Yup. And their ring weights have only gone up by something like 5lbs each or so. Gives an indication about who carry's the higher muscle mass of weight better and who whacks considerably harder than they did @ SFW. Manny inside 12 and possibly early in brutal fashion.

Might even be ultra silly and put Haye in the bet inside 12.... That'd just be a little £5 triple though, i really really do fancy the double. Which probably means Ortiz landing one of those big left hooks in the dying seconds of the fight and me having my Lou "heart attack impending" Duva moment post Taylor v Chavez!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:30 pm

So, is everyone going to pile onto the UD with me and Manny by stoppage? Odds as a double is 11/4 which i think is fantastic as Manny is a near dead cert to stop Marquez (just way too big for him now, add in he's more powerful, an improved fighter and just as quick means i can't see any other outcome) and FMJ should stroll to a wide UD.

Anyone going to rinse skybet with me?
NO
i always back the underdog, i will back Ortiz to win by KO/TKO, and points as well as round 5, round 8, round 10, now i don't think this will happen in reality i'll put a £1 on it, but you never know, and i wouldn't mind a dabble on i'll fight bums throughout touching the canvas (Mayweather)

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:36 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:

I don't disagree he isn't the best available at the weight. PWill or Martinez @ 154 would be a bigger challenge, but that's near enough suicide going up against those 2 at the weight.

And bearing in mind most of my point was talking about the fight and answering a question/statement pozed by towser/southpaw i suggest you re-read my post again. Properly this time preferably.

Paul Williams laughing

Already got exposed, would get the beating of a lifetime against Floyd Mayweather and I read your post again...Davie already sent out a final warning to stay on topic so I suggest YOU read his post again instead of having a WUM attempt on me.

Victor Ortiz is the best available opponent from 154 pounds down.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:39 pm

Wouldn't say getting hit with a shot straight out the bowels of hell exposed Williams

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:41 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Wouldn't say getting hit with a shot straight out the bowels of hell exposed Williams

Getting outboxed by Cintron, Martinez first fight and Quintana sure as hell exposed him. Too easy to hit...easy fight for Floyd Mayweather.

Victor Ortiz is the best available opponent after smashing Berto to bits.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:48 pm

Coxy0001: So, is everyone going to pile onto the UD with me and Manny by stoppage? Odds as a double is 11/4 which i think is fantastic as Manny is a near dead cert to stop Marquez (just way too big for him now, add in he's more powerful, an improved fighter and just as quick means i can't see any other outcome) and FMJ should stroll to a wide UD.
-----------
Mannys a near dead cert to stop a guy who's never been stopped in his career including twice against manny himself? Not saying it can't or won't happen coxy, but I think saying it's a dead cert is a bit over confident. Marquez is vulnerable to flash kd's but he has a solid chin and a warriors fighting heart. Manny has only really stopped hatton since going north of 135 and JMM is made if much sterner stuff than Ricky. To stop Marquez manny will need to be on top of hus game, hitting as hard as he's capable of and landing lots of leather - which means he'll be taking a lot back for his troubles due to the nature of the two styles. Marquez will push him harder than you expect - manny to win via UD for me. Agree on floyd though, no way he risks it enough to stop ortiz no matter how much he's outclassing him. Mayweather wide UD all night long.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:48 pm

Was hardly outboxed by Cintron was he, the first fight with Martinez was very close and could have gone either way while the first Quintana fight was a bad performance but he soundly put the record straight on that one.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed 08 Jun 2011, 9:52 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Wouldn't say getting hit with a shot straight out the bowels of hell exposed Williams

Getting outboxed by Cintron, Martinez first fight and Quintana sure as hell exposed him. Too easy to hit...easy fight for Floyd Mayweather.

Martinez first fight? The one that was difficult to score it was that close?

Cintron? Didn't he win that fight? Not sure which fight you were watching

Quintana? What happened in there rematch when fully focused?

And Shantel, i have stayed on topic. I just felt the need to remind you that you're in zero position to bark orders when you've been banned a total of 4 times across 2 sites. I'm not wumming because i'm telling the truth. Double standards et all.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:44 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:

Pacquiao smashed Hatton to bits. Martinez smashed Williams to bits. Donaire smashed Montiel to bits. Ortiz won comfy but not lopsided UD over Berto. Hardly smashing him to bits...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:49 pm

Pacquiao smashed Hatton to bits. Martinez smashed Williams to bits. Donaire smashed Montiel to bits. Ortiz won comfy but not lopsided UD over Berto. Hardly smashing him to bits...
i wouldn't argue with someone so bias, me personally.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:51 pm

I wasn't arguing, just trying to add a little perspective.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:52 pm

Your worse than I am to debate with

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:54 pm

Hi guys, you still playing nicely?
Anyways, im crashing, have a good night.
And if you cant be good, go bake some cookies Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:55 pm

Hi guys, you still playing nicely?
Anyways, im crashing, have a good night.
And if you cant be good, go bake some cookies
You've got nee chance of anything but us playing nice Y I

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:56 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Your worse than I am to debate with

Me? Why thank you.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:56 pm

Your worse than I am to debate with
///////////////////
nah, i don't disagree with people just to be funny. Very Happy

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 08 Jun 2011, 10:59 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Your worse than I am to debate with

Me? Why thank you.

Not you Balti, our resident posters who thinks every win counts as a smashing

I don't disagree to be funny Southy but rather discuss the relative merits of each boxer regardless of personal like or dislike

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Wed 08 Jun 2011, 11:07 pm

I dual try harder then Ghosty!! I do tire of these exaggerations though, I must admit. Same as everyone being gutless duckers...it's not about the politics and the money, no not at all...

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next