The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

+87
Poorfour
Gwlad
Fanster
majesticimperialman
wolfball
exile jack
catchweight
Anglobraveheart
nathan
Hazel Sapling
westisbest
Northgrill
David-Douglas
LeinsterFan4life
milkyboy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Sgt_Pooly
Maine man
whocares
alfie
TheMildlyFranticLlama
alive555
Exiledinborders
Taylorman
aucklandlaurie
nlpnlp
lostinwales
sensisball
RiscaGame
Not grey and not a ghost
zombiesurvivalman
fa0019
The Great Aukster
Cyril
emack2
Kingshu
Recwatcher16
Rugby Fan
SamTheQuin
Hoonercat
No9
beshocked
chris_501
Pete330v2
marty2086
rodders
Hood83
LordDowlais
Rory_Gallagher
englandglory4ever
cb
screamingaddabs
WELL-PAST-IT
RDW
Hammersmith harrier
eirebilly
kingelderfield
compelling and rich
Ozzy3213
Engine#4
wayne
carpet baboon
TJ
R!skysports
Mad for Chelsea
Dragon1908
yappysnap
Luckless Pedestrian
GunsGermsV2
geoff999rugby
BamBam
mid_gen
Scottrf
cascough
TightHEAD
mikey_dragon
Comfort
LondonTiger
EST
Breadvan
robbo277
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
No 7&1/2
RuggerRadge2611
Gooseberry
George Carlin
91 posters

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 16 Empty NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

Post by George Carlin Wed 28 Jun 2017, 7:45 am

First topic message reminder :

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 16 All_bl10                   NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 16 Lions_12
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS  
1 July 2017
KO: 19:35 NZST (8.35am BST)
WESTPAC Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington

Live on Sky Sports HD

Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)
ARs: [tbc]
TMO: [tbc]

A. Head to Head

39 Played 39
30 Won 6
3 Drawn 3
6 Lost 30
664 Points 360

B. Recent Form

24 June 2017
Eden Park, Auckland
30 – 15 to New Zealand

9 July 2005 
Eden Park, Auckland 
38 – 19 to New Zealand 

2 July 2005 
Westpac Stadium, Wellington 
48 – 18 to New Zealand

25 June 2005 
Lancaster Park, Christchurch 
21 – 3 to New Zealand

3 July 1993 
Eden Park, Auckland 
30 – 13 to New Zealand 

26 June 1993 
Athletic Park, Wellington 
7 – 20 to British & Irish Lions

12 June 1993 
20 – 18 to New Zealand

16 July 1983 
Eden Park, Auckland 
38 – 6 to New Zealand

2 July 1983 
Carisbrook, Dunedin 
15 – 8 to New Zealand

18 June 1983 
Athletic Park (Wellington), Wellington 
9 – 0 to New Zealand

4 June 1983 
16 – 12 to New Zealand

C. TEAMS:

NEW ZEALAND
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 16 Kirean10
[tbc]

BRITISH & IRISH LIONS  
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 16 Muppet10
[tbc]
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 16 Empty Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

Post by Fanster Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:12 pm

lostinwales wrote:
fa0019 wrote:....

I assume this is tour thus far right as I mean you couldn't give Davies a 7. He didn't do anything all game.

Itoje won 2 pens, 14 tackles made (the most of the team) and if I recall someone said earlier he was one of the top ball carrying forwards too. Ran the lineout. He was immense today.

Current stats (they are being revised all the time) show Itoje with 8 carries for 11 m, SOB with 9 for 19. JD2 also had 8 carries.
Tackles Itoje 15 made 3 missed SOB 12 and 1.

As an England fan I have to say we are immensly lucky to have Itoje. He isn't the finished article yet but he is a bit special and will only get better.

This i agree with, i've never seen a lineout jumper that athletic, and tha dominant in the air!! He's absolute quality, and it's scary to think how good he, Launchbury and Kruis can get.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 16 Empty Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

Post by chris_501 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:13 pm

Fanster wrote:Interesting opinions above, I would rate the players...

Furlong - 7 Scrummaged well, and carried really well, also involved with some great doule hits
George - 6 Still going well, but I think he's just tiring as the tour goes on
Vunipola - 6 A few silly moments aside, he is absolute quality, is he a rampaging 8, is he ball playing 10? Answer, yes!
AWJ - 7 Like Furlong, defencively cracking, nuisance at ruck time, and is cheif organiser
Itoje - 6 Does what he does, incredible athletisism in the lineout, looks great around the park but end product just a little lacking
Warburton - 6 Back, but isn't a 7 anymore, and isn't a world class 6
SOB - 7 Great ball in hand, and nuisance at rucktime
Falatau - 6 Quiet day for him, had a few wing moments, took the try well and tidied up thescrum mess at times
Murray - 5 Box kicking and organisation was there, but as Mike phillips, he'S there to organise and impliment, gave away silly penalties and made errors
Sexton - 5 Silly errors everywhere, not getting under a high ball, and didn't really offer anything going forward. Bigger offers everything Sexton is currently
Farrell - 6 Did well ball in hand, I suspect his selection was weather based, but has given Gatland a real option to consider now
Davies - 7 Lacked quality ball, but is a real touch of class, and a standout on this tour
Watson 7 Like Davies, has taken his chance with both hands, and only injury will take his test shirt now
Daly - 5 Again he seems to be plugging a gap North was too injured to fill, kicked poorly today, and was largely anonymous
Williams - 6 No wonder moments this week, not really the day, but did well under high balls, and is eager to find something

I thought the bench failed to up the game like last week, Owens, Mcgrath were a buch of muchness, Lawes and Sinckler looked lively in defence. Stander must be going nuts sat there, like Webb and Teo would have been, and Nowell must be wondering what Daly offers that he doesn't. Although I have to say Gatland is probably to blame for bench performances, he seems to be the opposite of Eddie Jones, who riles his benchmen up and has them on to make an impact, Gatland just replaces like for like.

I thought Owens was really quiet today, you barely saw him carry, or make many indents in defence. However, he didn't lose any lineouts which has to be a plus...

chris_501

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:17 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Fanster wrote:Interesting opinions above, I would rate the players...

Furlong - 7 Scrummaged well, and carried really well, also involved with some great doule hits
George - 6 Still going well, but I think he's just tiring as the tour goes on
Vunipola - 6 A few silly moments aside, he is absolute quality, is he a rampaging 8, is he ball playing 10? Answer, yes!
AWJ - 7 Like Furlong, defencively cracking, nuisance at ruck time, and is cheif organiser
Itoje - 6 Does what he does, incredible athletisism in the lineout, looks great around the park but end product just a little lacking
Warburton - 6 Back, but isn't a 7 anymore, and isn't a world class 6
SOB - 7 Great ball in hand, and nuisance at rucktime
Falatau - 6 Quiet day for him, had a few wing moments, took the try well and tidied up thescrum mess at times
Murray - 5 Box kicking and organisation was there, but as Mike phillips, he'S there to organise and impliment, gave away silly penalties and made errors
Sexton - 5 Silly errors everywhere, not getting under a high ball, and didn't really offer anything going forward. Bigger offers everything Sexton is currently
Farrell - 6 Did well ball in hand, I suspect his selection was weather based, but has given Gatland a real option to consider now
Davies - 7 Lacked quality ball, but is a real touch of class, and a standout on this tour
Watson 7 Like Davies, has taken his chance with both hands, and only injury will take his test shirt now
Daly - 5 Again he seems to be plugging a gap North was too injured to fill, kicked poorly today, and was largely anonymous
Williams - 6 No wonder moments this week, not really the day, but did well under high balls, and is eager to find something

I thought the bench failed to up the game like last week, Owens, Mcgrath were a buch of muchness, Lawes and Sinckler looked lively in defence. Stander must be going nuts sat there, like Webb and Teo would have been, and Nowell must be wondering what Daly offers that he doesn't. Although I have to say Gatland is probably to blame for bench performances, he seems to be the opposite of Eddie Jones, who riles his benchmen up and has them on to make an impact, Gatland just replaces like for like.

Owens didn't make it onto the pitch

That would make sense, I thought he threw into the last lineout but as I watched it at the rugby club it was hard to tell. If he hadn't got on I wouldn't be surprised, he offered little in test 1 off the bench.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:21 pm

Well done Lions.. Had me on the edge of my seat all game, but you got the result. Not pretty and not great performances, but you did what was needed to keep the Series alive. Lets have a do or die game next week, its going to be the toughest game any of those Lions (whoever is selected) has ever played in.

Still think Webb has to start, as Murray has just been so slow... He did take a good try though.

One thing on the All Blacks. A stat that has been stated. The first All Black to see Red since 1967. Does this mean the All Blacks have been whiter than white for the last 50 years, or more likely have been so lucky and have had the better of the ref for the last 50 years. I know which I think it is.... Wink

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:27 pm

No9 wrote:Well done Lions.. Had me on the edge of my seat all game, but you got the result. Not pretty and not great performances, but you did what was needed to keep the Series alive. Lets have a do or die game next week, its going to be the toughest game any of those Lions (whoever is selected) has ever played in.

Still think Webb has to start, as Murray has just been so slow... He did take a good try though.

One thing on the All Blacks. A stat that has been stated. The first All Black to see Red since 1967. Does this mean the All Blacks have been whiter than white for the last 50 years, or more likely have been so lucky and have had the better of the ref for the last 50 years. I know which I think it is.... Wink

If New Zealand has had the better of the ref for 50 years then he must be a bloody old ref.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:34 pm

How many of the players who played today for the Lions will  start next weeks test?

Will Sexton and Farrell be the 10 and 12 again?

What will the pack consist of? 

Mako, George,Furlong.

Itoje, Lawes.

Warbs, Stander, Faletau.

The backs apart from Sexton and Farrell, the rest is abit ???? for me.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:35 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Sexton back to the bench then. Would be a mistake for me but hey ho gatlandball calls!
I'm a bit dispirited that Gatland said the one Hong wrong with the performance was that we kicked too little.

If Farrell starts at 10 the ABs will just do what that they did in the first test and run at him all day. It is time to drop him.

Both tests the Lions chased the game because the ABs are getting over the gain line and stopping the Lions from doing the same. To win the series the Lions need to boss the game from the start. Murray Sexton and Teo gives us the best chance to do this.

It makes perfect sense. All three are excellent defenders, both Teo and Murray have played many games with Sexton at OH for either club or country.

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:39 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:Congratulations Great Britain much better performance than last week.

Some poor decisions by the ABs not hold the ball in that last five minutes, but hey credit should go to the team that played better. and its good to see the team that scored the most tries win.

Were the Irish just spectators or something? Whistle

Laurie is doin that on purpose. Ignore him.

No he's not guns it just takes so flipping long to write, geez some are touchy. Lions it is then, lord help us if we insult by exclusion of the flipping obvious.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:41 pm

Gatland won't drop AWJ - if he hasn't done it yet he won't start now.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:43 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:How many of the players who played today for the Lions will  start next weeks test?

Mako, George,Furlong.

Itoje, Lawes.

Warbs, Stander, Faletau.

WHAT!!!!... JD best centre there, has to keep his place. Williams, quieter today, but has to stay as full-back, only player with ability to attack from 15 (lets not forget the SOB try last week was Williams making). Not been a fan of Daley, but he has been good in attack, just defence worries me a little. And Watson again deserves to keep his spot.

Leave Farrell at 12, and I'd play Biggar/Webb at half backs. BUT I think it will stay as Sexton/Murray (as long as there are no injuries).

Back row - needs to stay the same. Stander has not impressed on tour and at times been going backwards.

AWJ - played his heart out today, and needed to. But I still think he's coming to the end of his international career. Itoje has to start.

As for front row, again leave the same, but bring on the prop replacement earlier, as Marko tiered early. George has impressed me. Before the tour I'd say Owens for test start, but George has done well and deserves to keep the starting jersey.

Basically, I think there'll be a few tweaks, but I don't see wholesale changes.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:44 pm

Taylorman wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:Congratulations Great Britain much better performance than last week.

Some poor decisions by the ABs not hold the ball in that last five minutes, but hey credit should go to the team that played better. and its good to see the team that scored the most tries win.

No he's not guns it just takes so flipping long to write, geez some are touchy. Lions it is then, lord help us if we insult by exclusion of the flipping obvious.

Over the years Laurie has made the same error on multiple occasions. Not the first time he has been called out on it. B&I is very short if you prefer.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:44 pm

Itoje could be world class once someone teaches him the rules.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:50 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Over the years Laurie has made the same error on multiple occasions. Not the first time he has been called out on it. B&I is very short if you prefer.

GG the purpose of the post was to congratulate your teams performance not to insult.

You are correct in saying that I have made the same error in the past, and I have apologised for it also in the past, but deep down I think you do know which team I was talking about.

Perhaps you want the mods to ban me?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:50 pm

No9 wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:How many of the players who played today for the Lions will  start next weeks test?

Mako, George,Furlong.

Itoje, Lawes.

Warbs, Stander, Faletau.

WHAT!!!!... JD best centre there, has to keep his place. Williams, quieter today, but has to stay as full-back, only player with ability to attack from 15 (lets not forget the SOB try last week was Williams making). Not been a fan of Daley, but he has been good in attack, just defence worries me a little. And Watson again deserves to keep his spot.

Leave Farrell at 12, and I'd play Biggar/Webb  at half backs. BUT I think it will stay as Sexton/Murray (as long as there are no injuries).

Back row - needs to stay the same. Stander has not impressed on tour and at times been going backwards.

AWJ - played his heart out today, and needed to. But I still think he's coming to the end of his international career. Itoje has to start.

As for front row, again leave the same, but bring on the prop replacement earlier, as Marko tiered early. George has impressed me. Before the tour I'd say Owens for test start, but George has done well and deserves to keep the starting jersey.

Basically, I think there'll be a few tweaks, but I don't see wholesale changes.

Agree, Gats would be silly not to keep a winning combo though overall the comments on this match does suggest a lot of players from both sides had poor games.

Some suggesting bot Farrell and Sexton should go...I mean really? Not much chance of Gats doing that.

Good thing for kiwis is we now have our side back in a place we all know and love...backs to the wall.

A loss every now and then isca good thing, especially a well timed one, and this one couldn't have been timed better.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:51 pm

I hope the decision not to go Sexton Farrell in Test 1 isn't the critical point of difference that costs the series. That and the fact that the domination of the gainline and collision battle that we won last night should have been a prime objective in Test 1.

Will SBW be banned for next weekend? I think we can do it, and with the same side though arguably Mako on the bench and Nowell on the wing for Daly.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:52 pm

And excellent to finally see ref dear with dirty play by NZ in a Lions test (long time coming)

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:53 pm

Gwlad wrote:I hope the decision not to go Sexton Farrell in Test 1 isn't the critical point of difference that costs the series. That and the fact that the domination of the gainline and collision battle that we won last night should have been a prime objective in Test 1.

Will SBW be banned for next weekend? I think we can do it, and with the same side though arguably Mako on the bench and Nowell on the wing for Daly.

Im pretty sure Sonny Bill will be suspended.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:53 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

GG the purpose of the post was to congratulate your teams performance not to insult.

You are correct in saying that I have made the same error in the past, and I have apologised for it also in the past, but deep down I think you do know which team I was talking about.

I do know what team and I don't really care but I think you were trying to be a d^*^ on purpose. Either way I can't talk cause I do it too.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:55 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Gwlad wrote:I hope the decision not to go Sexton Farrell in Test 1 isn't the critical point of difference that costs the series. That and the fact that the domination of the gainline and collision battle that we won last night should have been a prime objective in Test 1.

Im pretty sure Sonny Bill will be suspended.

I predicted a red card for the ABs in this series. Maybe the Irish media were right about the ABs?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:58 pm

So the only change in the pack would be Mako on the bench, is that it?

Would you not drop AWJ for Lawes? Or George for Owens maybe?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:58 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

I do know what team and I don't really care but I think you were trying to be a d^*^ on purpose. Either way I can't talk cause I do it too.

I promise on my life GG that there was absolutely no intention to cause offence, and I am sorry that I offended you so much, my intention was to congratulate your team on being the far better team on the day and achieving victory.

When I was typing, I was concentrating more on including the word "Great" which I have been admonished for leaving out in the past.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:59 pm

Welcome back.
Good win for the Lions.
SBW will be out. It's very rare not to get exta time off for a red. Plus Hansen would drop him anyway.
Next week is a whole new ball game.

ABs showed in Dublin what they think of losing to the same side.

Good to see Gats and Warbs finally get a win here.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:07 pm

Are we ignoring the fact that Williams was awful when receiving the high ball? He did a good job of disrupting the All Black ball, but dropped at least 3 of his own in the first 20 minutes. On another day, that would have cost the Lions dearly.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:42 pm

You didnt offend me Laurie. I love Britain.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:44 pm

Anyone think Mako was lucky to not get sent off. Im not a fan of the sneaky sh1t elbowing Beauden Balls in the face. Its oossible to win by just playing better.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:46 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:You didnt offend me Laurie. I love Britain.

So why the insult?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:50 pm

You are boring Laurie

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:51 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:You are boring Laurie

So why the insult?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:57 pm

Whats it like losing to these guys again Laurie

https://youtu.be/rYSYsuOctxI

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:03 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Anyone think Mako was lucky to not get sent off. Im not a fan of the sneaky sh1t elbowing Beauden Balls in the face. Its oossible to win by just playing better.

Watching it on highlights no it isn't a red but a yellow makes sense

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:04 pm

Sexton and Murray definitely had good games, but the credit should go to the whole Great Britain and Ireland squad not just Sexton and Murray.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:20 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:Perhaps you want the mods to ban me?
This forum would be poorer if you didn't turn up, Laurie.

You are both right on this one. Most countries, peoples, significant groups, or what have you, have a gripe which they think everyone should know about but many don't. I've got no excuse for leaving "Irish" out of the Lions name, so Guns would be right to tear me a new one if I did so.

Still, it's pretty clear that the argument we know here so well isn't given as much of an airing elsewhere in the world, so it won't be second nature to a lot of people. Guns, therefore, should be willing to cut some slack to them but I know why his patience might have run thin. I'm betting you'd have preferred to have him make his point without calling your character into question, and you are right. Still, you said "my bad" when it was pointed out, so you've done all anyone could reasonably have asked.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:30 pm

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Anyone think Mako was lucky to not get sent off. Im not a fan of the sneaky sh1t elbowing Beauden Balls in the face. Its oossible to win by just playing better.

Well perhaps we'll see them do that next week then. Has the one who caused Naholos concussion been cited yet?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:36 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:Perhaps you want the mods to ban me?
This forum would be poorer if you didn't turn up, Laurie.

You are both right on this one. Most countries, peoples, significant groups, or what have you, have a gripe which they think everyone should know about but many don't. I've got no excuse for leaving "Irish" out of the Lions name, so Guns would be right to tear me a new one if I did so.

Still, it's pretty clear that the argument we know here so well isn't given as much of an airing elsewhere in the world, so it won't be second nature to a lot of people. Guns, therefore, should be willing to cut some slack to them but I know why his patience might have run thin. I'm betting you'd have preferred to have him make his point without calling your character into question, and you are right. Still, you said "my bad" when it was pointed out, so you've done all anyone could reasonably have asked.

Thanks RF appreciate that.

By the way the All Blacks were lucky to only lose by 3. that AB pack was there for the taking for 60 minutes by 8 players, and I cant help but think that was the exact situation where Hartley would have been very clinical.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:39 pm

Taylorman wrote:

Well perhaps we'll see them do that next week then. Has the one who caused Naholos concussion been cited yet?
Yeah I'm wondering if they'll have a look at SOB's swinging arm on Naholo that 'actually' resulted in a failed HIA. There was a shot of Naholo on the ground that looked like he was knocked out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:42 pm

Anyone surprised the French referee wasn't interested in looking at a replay of the try where the Lions player waltzed through a gap that was partially created by Sexton (on the ground) holding onto TJ? I'm not that surprised. The Lions took the opportunity well.

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:45 pm

What do you reckon to it? Doesn't look much to it and don't think it's more than a pen myself.

And you mean Farrell on the ground.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:56 pm

ebop wrote:Anyone surprised the French referee wasn't interested in looking at a replay of the try where the Lions player waltzed through a gap that was partially created by Sexton (on the ground) holding onto TJ? I'm not that surprised. The Lions took the opportunity well.

I believe that Sexton was offside and did impede the tackler to allow Murray to score. Why the need to bring the nationality of the referee into the question?

As for SOB on Naholo, it was looked at. You keep claiming a swinging arm when it was not. It was unfortunate.

I have read your comments over the duration of this tour and quite honestly, you really need to cop yourself on there...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:11 pm

Anyone seen the sob hit on noholo? Or have a link to it

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:12 pm

I raise my points eirebilly on this forum to provide balance. If AB supporters like myself do not raise these questions the discussion would be very biased and all you'd read was how dirty the ABs are. I don't need to cop myself whatever that means. If you can't handle what I write don't read it and respond. I'm not making stuff up, it's my opinion based on what I see with my own eyes. Just as many accuse AB fans of being blind to our indiscretions it seems most of you guys are just the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingelderfield Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:13 pm

Well played BILions and hard lines to the AB's.

With regards SBW - I don't think it was malicious, more a victim of circumstance in that he lost control in the moment, not in a violent sense but more that he was probably trying too hard to make something happen and also seemed to be over compensating following his kick. I think the actual tackle was simple in the moment brain fade.

As to the result. In the final analysis I believe the Lions simply wanted the win more.

So what were the crucial factors?

1. Desire
2. Weather
3. Strategy (selection)
4. Discipline
7. Ref

So how does that help us predict the 3rd test result?

Not a lot really as there are just too many variables, however I just can't get away from how important 'Desire' or what some may call 'Belief' is to a side.

Finally, have to say I was wrong regarding the Farrell/T'eo selection and now expect the same back line to start next week. However we should also remember that T'eo offer's is an excellent impact from the bench.

It's all down to Desire.

kingelderfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:18 pm

ebop wrote:Anyone surprised the French referee wasn't interested in looking at a replay of the try where the Lions player waltzed through a gap that was partially created by Sexton (on the ground) holding onto TJ? I'm not that surprised. The Lions took the opportunity well.
Was there holding? Yes. Was it the difference between a try being score or not? No.

You can pretty much look at any try and find an offence to penalise. Referees routinely ignore peripheral events and only penalise either offences that have an impact or foul play.

The referee in the video in this thread deals with this at length.

https://www.606v2.com/t65944-lions-tour-2017-interview-the-secret-referee

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:20 pm

eirebilly wrote:

I believe that Sexton was offside and did impede the tackler to allow Murray to score. Why the need to bring the nationality of the referee into the question?

As for SOB on Naholo, it was looked at. You keep claiming a swinging arm when it was not. It was unfortunate.

I have read your comments over the duration of this tour and quite honestly, you really need to cop yourself on there...

Not a swinging arm?
Well it was an arm, and it was swinging, and it knocked Naholo out. What part of that wasn't a swinging arm? And what was the outcome of having looked at it? All I saw was the replay, not that it was referred. Do you get a different view than us perhaps?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:20 pm

Yup kingelderfirld, SBW's red card was fair and hopefully there are no NZers disputing that. Silly boy and cost the team dearly. I still rate SBW but he'll never live this one down unfortunately.

Last edited by ebop on Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:22 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:21 pm

ebop wrote:I raise my points eirebilly on this forum to provide balance. If AB supporters like myself do not raise these questions the discussion would be very biased and all you'd read was how dirty the ABs are. I don't need to cop myself whatever that means. If you can't handle what I write don't read it and respond. I'm not making stuff up, it's my opinion based on what I see with my own eyes. Just as many accuse AB fans of being blind to our indiscretions it seems most of you guys are just the same.

No, you do need to cop yourself on. I can handle what you write but you seem intent on trying to fish for controversy so in effect, you are not providing balance.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:22 pm

No I am proving an alternative view

If you think SOBs swinging arm is fine then you are no different to us and we cop a lot for this attitude

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:25 pm

Taylorman wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

Not a swinging arm?
Well it was an arm, and it was swinging, and it knocked Naholo out. What part of that wasn't a swinging arm? And what was the outcome of having looked at it? All I saw was the replay, not that it was referred. Do you get a different view than us perhaps?

Saw it live and saw replays but if ye have another view then I would certainly like to look at it and am open to change my opinion if the evidence stacks up.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:31 pm

eirebilly wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

Not a swinging arm?

Saw it live and saw replays but if ye have another view then I would certainly like to look at it and am open to change my opinion if the evidence stacks up.

And you saw it referred? Or does 'looked at' mean you looked at it perhaps, which I appreciate is important from your viewing perspective but perhaps not Naholos.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:35 pm

Taylorman wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

Not a swinging arm?

And you saw it referred? Or does 'looked at' mean you looked at it perhaps, which I appreciate is important from your viewing perspective but perhaps not Naholos.

Stop trying to swivel, I am open to change my view if ye provide another view that I may have missed...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Not grey and not a ghost Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:55 pm

Some thoughts on the game.

Went last night. Great atmosphere and great wonder through town to the game. Enjoyed the game. Obviously would have preferred a different result. Having said that the result is good for rugby. I went with my oldest and had a great time.

B&L fans were great. They've been in town the whole week and have certainly added colour to the city. The feedback I'm getting is that it's been one of the best supporters tours yet. Hats off to the fans, there was a see of red at the game and a wall of noise. To do this in NZ (as far as it is possible to travel) is legendary.

Thought SBW's shoulder contact was red from the moment I saw it. Thought Vunipola was lucky. Ref calls it as he see's it. Cest Le Vie. My son was filthy, which means he's hit puberty.

I thought that when the Lions played with width they looked dangerous. Thought Itoje was immense. Watson has great feet. Also thought they struggled with a 7 man NZ pack. Good tries. Hats off to the coaching team, thought they did well.

Not too disappointed with the AB's. Down a man that early I was expecting a cricket score. They played a fairly limited game plan that almost worked. The tight five looked shagged at halftime. Barrett's skill level was top shelf again, aside from missing some very kickable penalties. Think we're a bit unbalanced at the moment in the backs.

Last edited by Not grey and not a ghost on Sat 01 Jul 2017, 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Not grey and not a ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next