The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

+87
Poorfour
Gwlad
Fanster
majesticimperialman
wolfball
exile jack
catchweight
Anglobraveheart
nathan
Hazel Sapling
westisbest
Northgrill
David-Douglas
LeinsterFan4life
milkyboy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Sgt_Pooly
Maine man
whocares
alfie
TheMildlyFranticLlama
alive555
Exiledinborders
Taylorman
aucklandlaurie
nlpnlp
lostinwales
sensisball
RiscaGame
Not grey and not a ghost
zombiesurvivalman
fa0019
The Great Aukster
Cyril
emack2
Kingshu
Recwatcher16
Rugby Fan
SamTheQuin
Hoonercat
No9
beshocked
chris_501
Pete330v2
marty2086
rodders
Hood83
LordDowlais
Rory_Gallagher
englandglory4ever
cb
screamingaddabs
WELL-PAST-IT
RDW
Hammersmith harrier
eirebilly
kingelderfield
compelling and rich
Ozzy3213
Engine#4
wayne
carpet baboon
TJ
R!skysports
Mad for Chelsea
Dragon1908
yappysnap
Luckless Pedestrian
GunsGermsV2
geoff999rugby
BamBam
mid_gen
Scottrf
cascough
TightHEAD
mikey_dragon
Comfort
LondonTiger
EST
Breadvan
robbo277
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
No 7&1/2
RuggerRadge2611
Gooseberry
George Carlin
91 posters

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 17 Empty NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

Post by George Carlin Wed 28 Jun 2017, 7:45 am

First topic message reminder :

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 17 All_bl10                   NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 17 Lions_12
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS  
1 July 2017
KO: 19:35 NZST (8.35am BST)
WESTPAC Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington

Live on Sky Sports HD

Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)
ARs: [tbc]
TMO: [tbc]

A. Head to Head

39 Played 39
30 Won 6
3 Drawn 3
6 Lost 30
664 Points 360

B. Recent Form

24 June 2017
Eden Park, Auckland
30 – 15 to New Zealand

9 July 2005 
Eden Park, Auckland 
38 – 19 to New Zealand 

2 July 2005 
Westpac Stadium, Wellington 
48 – 18 to New Zealand

25 June 2005 
Lancaster Park, Christchurch 
21 – 3 to New Zealand

3 July 1993 
Eden Park, Auckland 
30 – 13 to New Zealand 

26 June 1993 
Athletic Park, Wellington 
7 – 20 to British & Irish Lions

12 June 1993 
20 – 18 to New Zealand

16 July 1983 
Eden Park, Auckland 
38 – 6 to New Zealand

2 July 1983 
Carisbrook, Dunedin 
15 – 8 to New Zealand

18 June 1983 
Athletic Park (Wellington), Wellington 
9 – 0 to New Zealand

4 June 1983 
16 – 12 to New Zealand

C. TEAMS:

NEW ZEALAND
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 17 Kirean10
[tbc]

BRITISH & IRISH LIONS  
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 17 Muppet10
[tbc]
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 17 Empty Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 01 Jul 2017, 10:56 pm

Taylorman wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:Congratulations Great Britain much better performance than last week.

Some poor decisions by the ABs not hold the ball in that last five minutes, but hey credit should go to the team that played better. and its good to see the team that scored the most tries win.

Were the Irish just spectators or something? Whistle

Laurie is doin that on purpose. Ignore him.

No he's not guns it just takes so flipping long to write, geez some are touchy. Lions it is then, lord help us if we insult by exclusion of the flipping obvious.

It is funny how this one has backfired on our resident sooks. Nobody has been touchy, just pointing out a rather pitiful attempt to WUM which didn't really bait anyone. Meanwhile, when one "insults" the haka, we really do get to see the touchy side of some posters. Wink

Hey, Laurie, am I still invited to New Zealand to be taught a lesson? I hope so.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 17 Empty Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 11:10 pm

Lol, good stuff rory, soak up the win

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 01 Jul 2017, 11:11 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:Congratulations Great Britain much better performance than last week.

Some poor decisions by the ABs not hold the ball in that last five minutes, but hey credit should go to the team that played better. and its good to see the team that scored the most tries win.

No he's not guns it just takes so flipping long to write, geez some are touchy. Lions it is then, lord help us if we insult by exclusion of the flipping obvious.

It is funny how this one has backfired on our resident sooks. Nobody has been touchy, just pointing out a rather pitiful attempt to WUM which didn't really bait anyone. Meanwhile, when one "insults" the haka, we really do get to see the touchy side of some posters. Wink

Hey, Laurie, am I still invited to New Zealand to be taught a lesson? I hope so.
Really, a common omission while making an unrelated comment is the same as attacking the haka directly.

Must be all rosy in your world Rory. Enjoy your little gains this week. Cos we all know what's going to happen next week, Dublin et all. (Did I spell that right)?

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 11:24 pm

Taylorman wrote:

Still waiting here bud. Happy to give it out but not happy to back it up?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 01 Jul 2017, 11:57 pm

eirebilly wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Oh sorry, waiting for what. I know what I saw, what's the point of getting a garbled account of the same view?

Still waiting? You won't need to any more, you can probably watch it plenty of times with SOBs red card offence citing

Last edited by Taylorman on Sun 02 Jul 2017, 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 02 Jul 2017, 12:07 am

I don't venture this way much, but I'm sure all mods and admins are aware of this thread today - all the "I fight you" nonsense of archaic masculinity can stop, bans should not be needed after a competitive and entertaining contest

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 02 Jul 2017, 12:08 am

Not grey and not a ghost wrote:Some thoughts on the game.

Went last night. Great atmosphere and great wonder through town to the game. Enjoyed the game. Obviously would have preferred a different result. Having said that the result is good for rugby. I went with my oldest and had a great time.

B&L fans were great. They've been in town the whole week and have certainly added colour to the city. The feedback I'm getting is that it's been one of the best supporters tours yet. Hats off to the fans, there was a see of red at the game and a wall of noise. To do this in NZ (as far as it is possible to travel) is legendary.

Thought SBW's shoulder contact was red from the moment I saw it. Thought Vunipola was lucky. Ref calls it as he see's it. Cest Le Vie. My son was filthy, which means he's hit puberty.

I thought that when the Lions played with width they looked dangerous. Thought Itoje was immense. Watson has great feet. Also thought they struggled with a 7 man NZ pack. Good tries. Hats off to the coaching team, thought they did well.

Not too disappointed with the AB's. Down a man that early I was expecting a cricket score. They played a fairly limited game plan that almost worked. The tight five looked shagged at halftime. Barrett's skill level was top shelf again, aside from missing some very kickable penalties. Think we're a bit unbalanced at the moment in the backs.

Good to get a balanced view of the game. I'd concur on much of that from watching on tv .. thought the lions pack was light years better than last week though even when the numbers were even, struggled in the scrums again but not in the loose.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 02 Jul 2017, 3:35 am

NZ Herald already diminishing significance with their Lions beat 14 man New Zealand headline

Bunch of clowns

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 02 Jul 2017, 3:37 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:
marty2086 wrote:

Give the Hakka the Rispict it deserves, no red noses anywhere and was New Zealand best performance of the night.

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 5:51 am

eirebilly wrote:
ebop wrote:Anyone surprised the French referee wasn't interested in looking at a replay of the try where the Lions player waltzed through a gap that was partially created by Sexton (on the ground) holding onto TJ? I'm not that surprised. The Lions took the opportunity well.

As for SOB on Naholo, it was looked at. You keep claiming a swinging arm when it was not. It was unfortunate

SOB cited for reaching the red card threshold with his swinging arm. Bit of a shame the French referee wasn't interested in why Naholo was knocked out.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/94302796/lions-tour-flanker-sean-obrien-faces-scrutiny-for-swinging-arm-on-waisake-naholo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Sun 02 Jul 2017, 6:00 am

ebop wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
ebop wrote:Anyone surprised the French referee wasn't interested in looking at a replay of the try where the Lions player waltzed through a gap that was partially created by Sexton (on the ground) holding onto TJ? I'm not that surprised. The Lions took the opportunity well.

As for SOB on Naholo, it was looked at. You keep claiming a swinging arm when it was not. It was unfortunate

SOB cited for reaching the red card threshold with his swinging arm. Bit of a shame the French referee wasn't interested in why Naholo was knocked out.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/94302796/lions-tour-flanker-sean-obrien-faces-scrutiny-for-swinging-arm-on-waisake-naholo

I expect it was because after SBW set such a disgusting threshold for deliberate violence in the game the ref didnt think it was worth mentioning , which it wasn't. Dont start whining about referees not dealing with perceived foul play just cos you lost; looking for someone to blame look to SBW and then Hansen for taking off Kaino, New Zealand still owes the rest of the world for what it did to O'Driscoll and last night was some sort of payback for years of getting away with dirty play.

Naholo meanwhile should get an Oscar

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 6:28 am

Gwlad wrote:
ebop wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

I expect it was because after SBW set such a disgusting threshold for deliberate violence in the game the ref didnt think it was worth mentioning , which it wasn't. Dont start whining about referees not dealing with perceived foul play just cos you lost; looking for someone to blame look to SBW and then Hansen for taking off Kaino, New Zealand still owes the rest of the world for what it did to O'Driscoll and last night was some sort of payback for years of getting away with dirty play.

I missed you last week gwlad. Where were you mate? Did you have a touch of the cowards? Didn't feel like fronting up after a big loss? I know you like to throw it about but you don't need to go into hiding when your team gets spanked.

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 7:45 am

lostinwales wrote:
fa0019 wrote:....

I assume this is tour thus far right as I mean you couldn't give Davies a 7. He didn't do anything all game.

Itoje won 2 pens, 14 tackles made (the most of the team) and if I recall someone said earlier he was one of the top ball carrying forwards too. Ran the lineout. He was immense today.

Current stats (they are being revised all the time) show Itoje with 8 carries for 11 m, SOB with 9 for 19. JD2 also had 8 carries.
Tackles Itoje 15 made 3 missed SOB 12 and 1.

As an England fan I have to say we are immensly lucky to have Itoje. He isn't the finished article yet but he is a bit special and will only get better.

Stats are stats though... I think one of those missed tackles was when he got finger tips at Barrett in open play. Not really a missed tackle when an express train charges past you through speed alone.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 7:56 am

Gwlad wrote:
ebop wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

Oscar indeed... he even pretended to fail the concussion test to convince us of SOB's guilt. Shocked

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by carpet baboon Sun 02 Jul 2017, 8:03 am

I thought Hansen said he passed his HIA but they decided to keep him off

carpet baboon

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Sun 02 Jul 2017, 8:03 am

Great to get the win

But boy was that a poor quality game (from both sides)

Maybe the weather was a major factor but how many mistakes

Let's not get carried away with the win. It really is papering over the cracks

Our scrum still could not dominate 7 people

We started with real dynamic intent but lost our way.

Thought itoji had a poor game (except line out and kick off takes). I am not sure awj lasted more than 10 mins

Front row poor

Scrum poor

Second row poor

Number of Penalties given a disgrace

Defence a bit wobbly

Not to a huge amount of attacking flair

Mako looking to injure

Handling poor

Not able to dominate 14 from most of the match

But some of that could b the weather.

Positiv S we won

And we stated fired up

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 8:23 am

fa0019 wrote:
Gwlad wrote:
ebop wrote:
eirebilly wrote:

Oscar indeed... he even pretended to fail the concussion test to convince us of SOB's guilt. Shocked
There was a shot of Naholo, lights out. Hope he's ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 8:28 am

Jeepers R!skysports, that's quite an honest appraisal in some respects for a Lions supporter and good to look for the negatives to improve. But at the end of the day, although it was closer than what one may have expected (given the ABs were down to 14), the Lions were good enough and scored some tries and held their nerve. Great result for you guys! It reminded me of that horrible game that England won at that same horrible windy/wet venue before the 2003 RWC. Horrible game but big implications and bragging rights.

Last edited by ebop on Sun 02 Jul 2017, 8:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 8:49 am

Just watched the Sean OBrien incident. Thats probably one of the most obscure citings in a while.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 8:52 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Just watched the Sean OBrien incident. Thats probably one of the most obscure citings in a while.
Double standard

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 8:53 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:Just watched the Sean OBrien incident. Thats probably one of the most obscure citings in a while.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_EqU1qxf_Q

I can't see how you can cite that.

Doesn't mean Naholo wasn't hurt but injury alone shouldn't be the definer into what is cited and what isn't.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 8:53 am

You really think so Ebop? SOB was hiting a ruck. You cant see from the video where he was looking so impossible to gague any intent. Thought the Mako elbow on Barrett was a red think this incident is a bizarre citing.

Last edited by GunsGermsV2 on Sun 02 Jul 2017, 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 8:59 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:You really think so Ebop?
Yup. Hit the ruck by hitting Naholo in the head with a swinging arm that resulted in Naholo losing consciousness.

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:01 am

ebop wrote:
GunsGermsV2 wrote:You really think so Ebop?
Yup. Hit the ruck by hitting Naholo in the head with a swinging arm that resulted in Naholo losing consciousness.

Have a look at the video I posted. There was no swinging arm.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:03 am

SOB arm was hardly swinging. There was very little wind up. He didnt charge at the maul either. Looked quite passive from the reverse angle. Looks like a case of the outcome determining the citing.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:11 am

From the clip it looks very much like O'Brien is coming in to wrap the tackle but connects with Naholo's head mainly because Naholo falls into it. The movement in his right arm isn't exaggerated, the arm isn't straight, and he's not moving that aggressively.

I'd be inclined to say it was just an accident and wasn't particularly reckless, but I have seen bans given for similar incidents.

Ironically enough, Hartley's ban for his hit on O'Brien is the one that most springs to mind. The circumstances were very similar - second tackler joining, tackled player falling, contact with the arm - the key difference being that Hartley's arm movement was much more aggressive. I didn't think Hartley's action was deliberate, though it was borderline reckless; I think SOB's action here is less severe, but it could well get picked up under the same interpretation.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:16 am

It's alright guns. We've been in your position but with the shoe on the other foot. I quite like the way Hansen approaches these things. This is what he said regarding SBW.

"The mantra is that the team comes first and he knows he has let them down. But we can't go back and change it either. People make mistakes. It is a fluid game. It is a fast game and unfortunately he has made a mistake and we have to move on from it."

People make mistakes

Accept and move on

I'm not saying SOB is a thug

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:23 am

To be honest I think the Lions dicipline has been bad and there have been some stupid incident of poor dicipline and as I said before Im not a fan of the cheap hits on Barrett just think that the SOB video doesnt look that bad really. Doesnt look like there there was a lot of intent there. No wind up on the arm, fairly passive engagement to maul.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:29 am

Hard to say guns. I don't reckon it's blatant from SOB and like I say I don't reckon it's a deliberate premeditated act. But I'd say the same about SBW. Like Hansen says, these things happen in the blink of an eye. It's not a head butt or an eye gouge. It's things that happen in milliseconds and you can't take them back once they've happened. Yup, the Lions gave away penalties but they won and that's what it took to win the game, in hindsight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:29 am

If the SOB accident is a red we may as well give up this rugby lark.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Northgrill Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:31 am

Seems harsh on SOB. Vunipola's clean out on Barrett was worse IMO. Although NZ have gotten away with similar in the first test https://mobile.twitter.com/mike_cantillon/status/879710203901607936/video/1

Last edited by Northgrill on Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Northgrill

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:33 am

fa0019 wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
fa0019 wrote:....

I assume this is tour thus far right as I mean you couldn't give Davies a 7. He didn't do anything all game.

Itoje won 2 pens, 14 tackles made (the most of the team) and if I recall someone said earlier he was one of the top ball carrying forwards too. Ran the lineout. He was immense today.

Current stats (they are being revised all the time) show Itoje with 8 carries for 11 m, SOB with 9 for 19. JD2 also had 8 carries.
Tackles Itoje 15 made 3 missed SOB 12 and 1.

As an England fan I have to say we are immensly lucky to have Itoje. He isn't the finished article yet but he is a bit special and will only get better.

Stats are stats though... I think one of those missed tackles was when he got finger tips at Barrett in open play. Not really a missed tackle when an express train charges past you through speed alone.

Yep. As an old school teacher once said the man who never made a mistake never made anything

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:33 am

Northgrill wrote:Seems harsh on SOB. Vunipola's clean out on Barrett was worse IMO.

I agree. Was Mako not cited?

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:34 am

Taylorman wrote:
eirebilly wrote:
Taylorman wrote:

Oh sorry, waiting for what. I know what I saw, what's the point of getting a garbled account of the same view?

Still waiting? You won't need to any more, you can probably watch it plenty of times with SOBs red card offence citing

You know exactly what for. I was being very open and had not written off that an offence may have occurred even though I had not seen one. You then insinuate that I do not care for the well being of a player. I asked you to provide me with another view which you cant. SOB may have been and may have a case to answer, that is all I asked for.

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:37 am

It sounded like the TMO wanted the ref to review the Mako incident again but the ref couldnt hear him. Think the TMO was gonna recommend a red.

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:39 am

GunsGermsV2 wrote:It sounded like the TMO wanted the ref to review the Mako incident again but the ref couldnt hear him. Think the TMO was gonna recommend a red.
So he was trying to recommend a red for Mako and yellow for SBW?

I think yellow was fine for Mako but it's the type of flying off your feet clearance we see all the time at rucks these days.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:43 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I don't venture this way much, but I'm sure all mods and admins are aware of this thread today - all the "I fight you" nonsense of archaic masculinity can stop, bans should not be needed after a competitive and entertaining contest

Who said that? Were comments removed or something?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:43 am

fa0019 wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_EqU1qxf_Q

I can't see how you can cite that.

Doesn't mean Naholo wasn't hurt but injury alone shouldn't be the definer into what is cited and what isn't.

Agree with all this. In a sense its right that its investigated because a guy was hurt and there is a chance to learn and to avoid it happening again. But SOB's arms are not in a wrong position and he cant see where naholo's chin is anyway,

Other than the time and expense I am not against citing being used more, with the understanding that its not a conviction.

It is very difficult to determine intent in most of these incidents. SBW made a split second decision but it was absolutely the wrong one. Mako probably gets away with it because he's not leading with his shoulder.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:46 am

He'll get four weeks.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:50 am

I cannot see how you can suspend SOB for that. Certain AB fans on here are making it out to be much worse than it was. Personally I thought that Mako's cleanout was worse and deserving of a citing before SOB.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:54 am

The most concerning aspect for me yesterday was the amount of penalties the Lions gave away. Why was Warburton not getting in the ear of the team and settling them down?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SamTheQuin Sun 02 Jul 2017, 9:55 am

Thing with Mako's yellow is that sort of thing is happening so many times during the game, clear outs at rucks are getting stupid. Deserved a yellow, but so do many when it comes to rucks. Hopefully McGrath will start next week, imo far better starter than Mako who would have better impact.

SamTheQuin

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:01 am

eirebilly wrote:The most concerning aspect for me yesterday was the amount of penalties the Lions gave away. Why was Warburton not getting in the ear of the team and settling them down?

Should he have to? You can't stop somebody from doing certain things. I can't say I've seen a captain ever do that, bar when they're paying lip service when a ref tells them to.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGermsV2 Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:04 am

Warburton is a poor captain IMO. Lions were a bit all over the place for much of that game. Someone needed to settle them down

GunsGermsV2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:07 am

eirebilly wrote:I cannot see how you can suspend SOB for that. Certain AB fans on here are making it out to be much worse than it was.
Certain Irish fans thought Cane's unintentional hit on Henshaw was much worse than it was. Just need to let the process play out. SOB may be ok just like Cane.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:08 am

RiscaGame wrote:
eirebilly wrote:The most concerning aspect for me yesterday was the amount of penalties the Lions gave away. Why was Warburton not getting in the ear of the team and settling them down?

Should he have to? You can't stop somebody from doing certain things. I can't say I've seen a captain ever do that, bar when they're paying lip service when a ref tells them to.

I think a captain should talk to his team when they are loosing the plot and committing offences left right and centre, that is his job as the leader to bring composure to his team. I have seen many captains doing it...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:11 am

I see some plastic fans have become Lions supporters overnight. Quite frankly, you don't deserve to be celebrating this victory. The win belongs to Gatland, the players and the true supporters. The plastic brigade can crawl back into their cave until February as far as I'm concerned!

WELL DONE LIONS Wink

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:13 am

Good stuff mikey

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:31 am

SOB getting cited is typical pro ABs Bs quite frankly, pathetic and goes to show this game isn't played on a level playing field.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sun 02 Jul 2017, 10:32 am

mikey_dragon wrote:I see some plastic fans have become Lions supporters overnight. Quite frankly, you don't deserve to be celebrating this victory. The win belongs to Gatland, the players and the true supporters. The plastic brigade can crawl back into their cave until February as far as I'm concerned!

WELL DONE LIONS Wink

I'm still not a Lions fan but I enjoy watching the games. Can I stay?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next