The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

+87
Poorfour
Gwlad
Fanster
majesticimperialman
wolfball
exile jack
catchweight
Anglobraveheart
nathan
Hazel Sapling
westisbest
Northgrill
David-Douglas
LeinsterFan4life
milkyboy
Good Golly I'm Olly
Sgt_Pooly
Maine man
whocares
alfie
TheMildlyFranticLlama
alive555
Exiledinborders
Taylorman
aucklandlaurie
nlpnlp
lostinwales
sensisball
RiscaGame
Not grey and not a ghost
zombiesurvivalman
fa0019
The Great Aukster
Cyril
emack2
Kingshu
Recwatcher16
Rugby Fan
SamTheQuin
Hoonercat
No9
beshocked
chris_501
Pete330v2
marty2086
rodders
Hood83
LordDowlais
Rory_Gallagher
englandglory4ever
cb
screamingaddabs
WELL-PAST-IT
RDW
Hammersmith harrier
eirebilly
kingelderfield
compelling and rich
Ozzy3213
Engine#4
wayne
carpet baboon
TJ
R!skysports
Mad for Chelsea
Dragon1908
yappysnap
Luckless Pedestrian
GunsGermsV2
geoff999rugby
BamBam
mid_gen
Scottrf
cascough
TightHEAD
mikey_dragon
Comfort
LondonTiger
EST
Breadvan
robbo277
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
No 7&1/2
RuggerRadge2611
Gooseberry
George Carlin
91 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 10 Empty NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

Post by George Carlin Wed 28 Jun 2017, 7:45 am

First topic message reminder :

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 10 All_bl10                   NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 10 Lions_12
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS  
1 July 2017
KO: 19:35 NZST (8.35am BST)
WESTPAC Wellington Regional Stadium, Wellington

Live on Sky Sports HD

Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)
ARs: [tbc]
TMO: [tbc]

A. Head to Head

39 Played 39
30 Won 6
3 Drawn 3
6 Lost 30
664 Points 360

B. Recent Form

24 June 2017
Eden Park, Auckland
30 – 15 to New Zealand

9 July 2005 
Eden Park, Auckland 
38 – 19 to New Zealand 

2 July 2005 
Westpac Stadium, Wellington 
48 – 18 to New Zealand

25 June 2005 
Lancaster Park, Christchurch 
21 – 3 to New Zealand

3 July 1993 
Eden Park, Auckland 
30 – 13 to New Zealand 

26 June 1993 
Athletic Park, Wellington 
7 – 20 to British & Irish Lions

12 June 1993 
20 – 18 to New Zealand

16 July 1983 
Eden Park, Auckland 
38 – 6 to New Zealand

2 July 1983 
Carisbrook, Dunedin 
15 – 8 to New Zealand

18 June 1983 
Athletic Park (Wellington), Wellington 
9 – 0 to New Zealand

4 June 1983 
16 – 12 to New Zealand

C. TEAMS:

NEW ZEALAND
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 10 Kirean10
[tbc]

BRITISH & IRISH LIONS  
NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 10 Muppet10
[tbc]
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 10 Empty Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Fri 30 Jun 2017, 6:14 pm

nlpnlp wrote:

I hope the referee picks up on the All Blacks being offside at every ruck and maul, unlike in the Hurricanes game which was a joke.  But they are up so quickly and do it so well collectively that they get away with it.  Sour grapes I know, as they are much the better team (and if we were good enough to get away with it I would be happy), but it is annoying.

Funnily enough I've been hoping the ref picks up the Lions offside on the rush defense Wink
On Saturday Peyper pinged them a couple of times early, then they largely stopped doing it. The French ref in the Crusaders game OTOH let both defensive lines away with being a mile offside - which probably contributed to the lack of tries in the match ...
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July - Page 10 Empty Re: NEW ZEALAND v BRITISH & IRISH LIONS, 1 July

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 30 Jun 2017, 7:35 pm

I hope the ref if consistent. I think there's a case to say the way peyper reffed favoured nz but I say that because it created a scene where you're not going to give up attacking ball without a big mistake by the attacking team and not because he favoured nz by showing them bias. The next 2 regs should suit the lions but I fully expect nz to adapt mug better and still look fantastic. After all the talk let's remember it's about entertainment if it's as good as last week or better and the lions lose ill be happy.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 30 Jun 2017, 8:17 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:A few stats:

* The Lions made more clean breaks than the All Blacks in the first Test (15 to 12) despite having just 38% of overall possession.

* The Lions haven't won the second Test of a three-match series since their successful tour of South Africa in 1997.

* The All Blacks have a handy winning record at Westpac Stadium. Their last loss there was at the hands of Sir Clive Woodward's England in 2003.

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/preview?gameId=290602&league=268565

And Form Guide:

All Blacks: WWWWW.

British and Irish Lions: DLWWL.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 30 Jun 2017, 9:39 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:

* The Lions made more clean breaks than the All Blacks in the first Test (15 to 12) despite having just 38% of overall possession.

* The Lions haven't won the second Test of a three-match series since their successful tour of South Africa in 1997.

* The All Blacks have a handy winning record at Westpac Stadium. Their last loss there was at the hands of Sir Clive Woodward's England in 2003.

And Form Guide:

Presently no rain in Wellington yet Laurie, been virtually none all week but it's looked like it's about too all week. Hopefully it stays away another thirteen hours.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 30 Jun 2017, 9:46 pm

Well, that didnt last long. Light rain dark overhead now.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Not grey and not a ghost Fri 30 Jun 2017, 9:47 pm

Taylorman wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

And Form Guide:

Presently no rain in Wellington yet Laurie, been virtually none all week but it's looked like it's about too all week. Hopefully it stays away another thirteen hours.

I hate to rain on your parade. But it's been raining on and off over night. Currently light rain and little wind. I picked the eldest up from training last night and the field was a bog. Westpac will be well drained, but still likely to be a softish track.

Not grey and not a ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Fri 30 Jun 2017, 9:55 pm

Not grey and not a ghost wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

And Form Guide:

I hate to rain on your parade. But it's been raining on and off over night. Currently light rain and little wind. I picked the eldest up from training last night and the field was a bog. Westpac will be well drained, but still likely to be a softish track.
Well, not ghost, I doubt it will make much difference what the conditions are. I can't see the Lions winning whatever the weather.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 30 Jun 2017, 9:59 pm

Exiledinborders wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

And Form Guide:

Well, not ghost, I doubt it will make much difference what the conditions are. I can't see the Lions winning whatever the weather.

True, the weather is the last thing the Lions need to worry about, all they have to do is score a couple more tries like their last one last week and they could do anything to the scoreboard.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Not grey and not a ghost Fri 30 Jun 2017, 10:07 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Exiledinborders wrote:
Taylorman wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

And Form Guide:

True, the weather is the last thing the Lions need to worry about, all they have to do is score a couple more tries like their last one last week and they could do anything to the scoreboard.

Obviously if I were ghost I'd agree with you. However as I'm not I can see them winning. My worry is we are vulnerable to a kicking game.

Not grey and not a ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 01 Jul 2017, 12:30 am

Taylorman wrote:
aucklandlaurie wrote:

And Form Guide:

Well yeah I wasn't out in it last night. It was ok but very grey around 5, and it's not raining now so it's not as bad as purported earlier.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Jul 2017, 3:20 am

This is hard case

(marty, may not be your cuppa tea though Wink)

Lee Stensness was playing in the 1993 decider and saw a $20 note on the Eden Park turf during a 5 m scrum so he shuffled over a bit, picked it up and stuffed it in his sock. He still has the $20.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11868370

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 3:26 am

Looks like the main ground at Waitemata.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:35 am

Morning all, here's to a good match.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:39 am

Yet another example of why the Lions is damaging NH rugby. Mako says this is the "biggest game of their lives" - really? A non-representative game for no trophy or ranking points is bigger than England beating Australia to stay in the World Cup, at home!
There is no way an All Black would put a fantasy game ahead of playing for New Zealand, and that is what makes them so good. As long as these mercenary expeditions keep relegating the individual home nations to second place in the players minds, that is the highest position their nations are likely to reach.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:42 am

Good to see you getting into the spirit of the game there Aukster thumbsup
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:45 am

I cant help but like Scott Quinnell, he is as mad as a bag of spiders but a great laugh.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 01 Jul 2017, 7:53 am

eirebilly wrote:Good to see you getting into the spirit of the game there Aukster thumbsup

Considering the spirit of the players embody such a loser mentality, it is surprising that so many fans embrace it. thumbsup

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:25 am

The Great Aukster wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Good to see you getting into the spirit of the game there Aukster thumbsup

Considering the spirit of the players embody such a loser mentality, it is surprising that so many fans embrace it. thumbsup

Yes that's a good frank admission, the 6N can only do so much for ones confidence I guess but there you. thumbsup

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:29 am

Already a bit of gamesmanship from the AB's by making the Lions wait a wee bit in the rain.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:37 am

Trademark Itoje clap!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:40 am

Great drive from Furlong, shame Itoje knocked it on though.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:43 am

Haven't thought for a second that Williams would catch a high ball this tour.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by mid_gen Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:47 am

Scrappy so far.

Can't help but feel this offloading game is going end up with us getting burnt. We're not skilled enough to make them stick. If we don't concede an intervention try I'll be amazed!

mid_gen

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:47 am

Nice hands from.the Lions but we didn't have really get anywhere.

Could do with some points for all this possession!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:47 am

link pls somepone

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:48 am

alive555 wrote:link pls somepone
http://www.sky.com/skyq/buy/build

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMildlyFranticLlama Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:50 am

Scottrf wrote:
alive555 wrote:link pls somepone
http://www.sky.com/skyq/buy/build

Laugh

TheMildlyFranticLlama

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:52 am

Positive from the Lions but are still too stagnant and not hitting the rucks, far too many turnovers already.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:57 am

Scottrf wrote:Haven't thought for a second that Williams would catch a high ball this tour.

He has not been good under the high ball, another one knocked on.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 8:58 am

Much to like in the way the Lions have approached the game early ...but disappointing to be three down after twenty despite all that possession ...
Conditions as they are these penalties are going to be crucial.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:00 am

And what a beauty from Farrell clap

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:02 am

That has to be a yellow card...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:03 am

A Red I think...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:03 am

Too me that is a harsh red, correct by the law I guess but I think a yellow was the correct call.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:03 am

eirebilly wrote:That has to be a yellow card...
Or not!

Big chance.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:04 am

Now it gets interesting!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:06 am

Going to be quite the talking point later !

But it is going to make this match very interesting ...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:06 am

The genius of Gatland to drop Te'o, and get SBW running violently amok.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:07 am

Dura lex sed lex...

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Engine#4 Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:08 am

That was disgusting. Got exactly what he deserved.

Last edited by Engine#4 on Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Engine#4

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:09 am

Take a bow Garces - everyone was trying to talk him out of correctly penalising another example of NZ thuggery.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:11 am

Also - the TMO is getting a bit big for his boots. He interjected multiple times and was still mouthing off as Garces walked towards SBW.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:11 am

The AB's are still a very dangerous side even with only 14 men on the field.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:13 am

Rory_Gallagher wrote:Also - the TMO is getting a bit big for his boots. He interjected multiple times and was still mouthing off as Garces walked towards SBW.

Typical George Ayoub

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:14 am

I can expect the AB's to kick even more to Williams now. Watson is better under the high ball than Williams so I would swap them.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:16 am

Lions not using the numerical advantage very well so far...

Really need to make it pay rather than just swap penalties every five minutes.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:17 am

Since the red card, we've kicked the ball away twice and given away two dumb penalties. That won't win the match.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mid_gen Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:18 am

No arguments with that red, total brain fade from SBW.

Would really like to get Te'o on and hang on to some possession...

mid_gen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:20 am

Rugby Fan wrote:Since the red card, we've kicked the ball away twice and given away two dumb penalties. That won't win the match.

Warren Gatland didn't get the red card.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 01 Jul 2017, 9:20 am

mid_gen wrote:No arguments with that red, total brain fade from SBW.

Would really like to get Te'o on and hang on to some possession...

I have to agree here, Teo would be perfect now that SBW is off but who goes off Sexton or Farrell? Farrell has his kicking boots on but Sexton is the more likely to unlock the AB defence...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next